SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

QUOTE (abacab @ 9 July 2007 - 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 10 July 2007 - 02:28 AM)
Passages- Flat, boring, cheesy, sappy, overwrought, dramatic, badly written, badly acted, badly directed, hard to watch because somebody screwed up the focus, and a poor (VERY poor) use of John Anderson. My least favorite episode. (That's how I can't like it.)

Flat: nope, boring: nope, cheesy: maybe little bit, but how would you be if you haven't seen your parents in like almost thirty years. Sappy: nope, overwrought: nope, dramatic: yep, but that's a good thing. Badly written: nope. John Sheppard proofed with this one, that he is the best. Badly acted: nope. Badly directed: nope. Hard to watch because somebody screwed up the focus: that was like the intention of the afterlife scenes. To give everything a peaceful and "dead" look. A very poor use of John Anderson: nope. I was glad to see him again after 62 episodes.
This was like the only episode where they almost succeeded in killing MacGyver. This is a classic.

In your mind, maybe. It would seem that not everybody else thinks exactly the same way you do. I don't dislike "Passages" as a personal affront to you.

None taken. biggrin.gif I'm always a bit protective towards the series and trying to show others the good sides of it.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 9 July 2007 - 08:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I think my taste of fav episodes are totally different.
Loved Passages too, and Eagles (it's an outdoor episode, I totally forget about the cheesy kid)
I even loved Walking Dead.
It's one of the episodes I remembered watching when I was just a Lamby. (get it? biggrin.gif ) and I didn't remember it because it was tacky.

Cleo Rocks sucks. Big time. Please put us all out of our misery and just shoot that stupid brat. Kill her off and get it over and done with blowup.gif

j12752
Posted: 9 July 2007 - 09:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I love "Harry" episodes, almost as much as Jack Dalton ones

MacGirl
Posted: 14 July 2007 - 09:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather

Oh, I almost forgot:

I CAN'T STAND Deadly Silents. Pinky is one of the whiniest, worst-written characters ever, and the bad guys are just too stupid to be believable. (Plus, who came up with the title for this one?? Was it a bad joke that got out of hand??)

And I don't like the "alternate reality" eppys, with the exception of Passages. They're just overly silly for my taste.

I also don't like the "undercover" eppys. Guess I just don't find them very believable.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Nutsy
Posted: 15 July 2007 - 12:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

(If The Coltons doesn't count) I seem to always find a reason for liking an episode one way or another, even when I may think that perhaps the plot is weak, the acting is not so good, or even the guest actors are terrible!

Didn't like Birth Day.

Didn't like MacGyver's Women: a bit too much over the top for me. The forced marriage topic, Murphy in that outfit (!)...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 15 July 2007 - 06:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The forced marriage topic, Murphy in that outfit (!)...

The outfit from the dream or from the houseboat?

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
j12752
Posted: 18 July 2007 - 07:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Nutsy @ 15 July 2007 - 05:18 AM)
(If The Coltons doesn't count) I seem to always find a reason for liking an episode one way or another, even when I may think that perhaps the plot is weak, the acting is not so good, or even the guest actors are terrible!

Didn't like Birth Day.

Didn't like MacGyver's Women: a bit too much over the top for me. The forced marriage topic, Murphy in that outfit (!)...

2 I don't like either, never watch either if they're on rerun. Though the commercial with RDA as 1880's MacGyver plugging the episode was cute, one of the little gems I have after 7 years of taping the show

MacGyverfan717
Posted: 6 August 2007 - 06:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
House:  Loft

I don't like "Passages" at all becouse I don't believe that's what the afterlife is really like. "Thin Ice" was ok becouse it had a good moral in the end. "The ugly Duckling" wasen't too bad, but that girl really did start to get on my nerves!

"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 7 August 2007 - 12:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I don't like "Passages" at all becouse I don't believe that's what the afterlife is really like.

Of course it's not like that it's just an assumption and a good one too.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Mac
Posted: 7 August 2007 - 01:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Jacket:  Brown bomber

The hockey ep whose name I can never bother to remember, where Mac is coaching a friends' kid who is too violent. Zzzzzzzzz

Oh, and 'Honest Abe', although that one did have a few memorable moments (Mac shaving! wub.gif)

Mac
bored just thinking about it

"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted: 14 June 2008 - 06:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker

Well, in reading all of the old topics I gave a lot of thought to the question: out of the "bad episodes" which I have already listed my opinion for under the best of the worst episodes, are there any that I simply hate, loathe to point that they are unwatchable.

1. Walking Dead
2. Deadly Silents
3. MacGyver's Women (the Wall is watchable at least)---but Maria, plus Jenny changed completely from Runners, and Murphy who should have been given a better storyline here
4. The Hood is definately not a fave--Kelly is annoying, not a fan of Mama Lorraine's or the whole bohemian neighborhood thing--much preferred the houseboat, but I can watch it for the character of Mel Krasney
5. Honest Abe (and I watched the first half the other night--so I tried)
I love MacGyver seasons 1-6 minus one episode because of the script and the storyline with Maria. As said beofre I had no problem with Mac dating, but have meet a decent woman like Kate Malloy or Debra Easton, not a deadly agent with a chip on her shoulder like Maria, or one like Lisa Kohler who has been hired to seduce him--that's just wrong!!

The rest I can watch happily and be thoroughly entertained by--some like Trumbo's World and Eagles (I like Eagles by the way) I can watch with my children and not worry about what kind of smut they are going to see--more than I can say for TV today. Some episodes like the Challenge I haven't yet shown my daughter, due to its content--the scene where Mac finds Booker and the scenes that follow are very deep and very intense. This is a show we can show our kids and say "here's a show I loved as a kid and still enjoy". A thought.

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 27 May 2013 - 02:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Deadly Dreams

This one is kind of a hard one for me, as I like most of the episodes.

If I have to pick one, it would have to be MacGyver's Women. It's the episode I love to hate because it just irked me to no end... and I do believe they intentionally wrote it that way. I felt REALLY bad for Mac when he had to retreat to his bedroom in his own place.

The rest of the episode I have a hard time watching... last time I made the attempt, I fell asleep. XD The ending was kinda cute though. I felt Maria kinda redeemed herself at the end by being sweet. But... that's about it.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AussieMacFan
Posted: 27 May 2013 - 10:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Episode:Cleo Rocks

I vote The Coltons as my least favourite. sad.gif

"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MDBfan
Posted: 28 May 2013 - 04:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Strictly Business
Jacket:  ---

I'm not a huge fan of "Good Knight MacGyver". Sorry! I know most of you enjoy this two parter. It's hard to explain why I don't like it, though. And I don't think it's the worst episode.

If I rule out "The Coltons", for me it's a close race between "The Lost Amadeus", "Harry's Will" and "MacGyver's Women".

"The Lost Amadeus": I can't stand Lulu. I know that she was meant to be naive and chatty but I think it's too much to be charming. After this episode I feel bad for any negative thoughts I may have had for Penny. Now I like her. She should have been in this episode instead of Lulu. Well, Penny doesn't play the violin... smile.gif

"Harry's Will": I really like Harry. And I like the talk he and MacGyver had (in flashback) on the hockey court. But that's all I find positive about this. Big Mama would have be cool on her own but there's too many weird characters here! That guy at the end was just over the top. dry.gif

"MacGyver's Women" was a disappointment. However, I like the Western setting and MacGyver looks cute with a mustache.

To sum up: To pick one is hard.

This is just my thoughts. I hope I haven't offended anyone by critizicing their favourite episode!

"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

PM                                                                     
mac8
Posted: 28 May 2013 - 07:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Target Macgyver

The Coltons is my least favorite episode.

"the tigers could have used you this year." MacGyver in the road not taken.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Daisy8577
Posted: 28 May 2013 - 08:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Camper, Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Passages

My least favorite eppy would be The Lost Amedaus.

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
Mac1977
Posted: 28 May 2013 - 08:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: too many

Favorites
Episode:D.O.A.mac,widowmaker

The Coltons is my least favorite episode too. After the beginnigs bomb scene it does't feel like MacGyver episode at all because Mac isn't in it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac Jackson
Posted: 29 May 2013 - 08:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Red Swiss

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:All when he's on screen.

My gradeing on this depends on how much MacGyver is in the episode. So less him, less I enjoy it. Such as the Coltons, Jenny's Chance and Twice Stung. Never crazy about the "group sting" episodes.

Mac Jackson
Host of The MacGyver Podcast and MacGyver/SG-1 Audio Series
iTunes, Stitcher,Facebook and Twitter@macwjackson
Singer/Songwriter of "Harmony Constant"
Songs available on itunes, CDBaby and Amazon
youtube.com/macwjack

Joe SAKic
Posted: 30 May 2013 - 05:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
House:  ---

Well, after having viewed Season 1 only - I'd have to say <so far> it's ' Every Time She Smiles'. I really think they should have (more appropriately) named it 'Every Time She Babbles'. ohmy.gif biggrin.gif I just ordered Season 2 (& 3) online and I'm hoping/praying that Penny Parker's presence will be kept to an absolute minimum.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

Wheeljack
Posted: 2 June 2013 - 08:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Adventurer

Favorites
Episode:Gold Rush, Invisible Killer

I'll just say all of Season 7 and leave it at that. And I don't believe I've even seen all it's episodes, watching it just makes me depressed and wanna die.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AussieMacFan
Posted: 2 June 2013 - 08:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Aww, don't die! The 7th season isn't that bad. biggrin.gif I first fell in love with Walking Dead, when I started on Mac.

-John Lennon

Wheeljack
Posted: 2 June 2013 - 09:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Oh it's ok, as long as I stay away from 7 I'm ok. And my doctor tells they are also currently working on a medication that will make you believe you are watching the previous seasons while suffering through 7. lol

Walking Dead vs. Mac would be awesome! I'm afraid he'd have to quickly change his mind about firearms though. Or maybe not.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AussieMacFan
Posted: 2 June 2013 - 10:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Oh, I've never actually seen Walking Dead, only the MacGyver episode, from the 7th season. That last post was really badly worded because I was in a rush. smile.gif

-John Lennon

YopeGyver
Posted: 3 June 2013 - 05:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages, Nightmares

Pardon this secluded little person, but what is "Walking Dead"? Not the episode. X3
I've seen some people mention it on other sites but I'm just not up to date on all this stuff. Lol, I think I was born in the wrong time period xD.

"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

Art

PMUsers Website                                                                     
Daisy8577
Posted: 3 June 2013 - 06:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Don't worry you are not alone Yope, I haven't seen it either. I am a bit sheltered at times too! tongue.gif

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
YopeGyver
Posted: 3 June 2013 - 06:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages, Nightmares

Sheltered is good, right? wink.gif For the most part, that is.
Lol, the most modern tv show I've seen is Stargate SG1 and that was just recent. Before MacGyver, I'd never gone past the 70s and even that was rare xD.

I think I'd have to say The Coltons was my least favorite. When I started the episode, I had no idea it wasn't a Mac centered ep. I was so disappointed. XD

"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

Art

PMUsers Website                                                                     
Daisy8577
Posted: 3 June 2013 - 06:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

There are some good shows from the 80s too. Not much good stuff on TV these days.

It's been a long while since I've seen the Colton's episode. Seeing others comments on it maybe I will skip that one.

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
MDBfan
Posted: 3 June 2013 - 10:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Strictly Business

QUOTE (Wheeljack @ 3 June 2013 - 04:05 PM)
I'll just say all of Season 7 and leave it at that.  And I don't believe I've even seen all it's episodes, watching it just makes me depressed and wanna die.

LOL! I understand how you feel. In my case, I'm not crazy about the neighbourhood thing. And I miss the houseboat. However, I don't think season 7 is THAT bad. I just finished watching those episodes a couple of days ago. I was positively surprised (I've read some negative comments about the season somewhere before tongue.gif) and I enjoyed quite a few of them. I think "The Prometheus Syndrome", "Deadly Silents" and "The Mountain of Youth" are good. But I'm glad we all have different opinions. Imagine how boring it would be if all of the Mac Pack felt the same about the episodes. laugh.gif

I haven't watched "The Walking Dead" series either. I don't think I like zombies...

"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

PM                                                                     
Mela_007
Posted: 3 June 2013 - 01:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Tinker,Champ+

Favorites
Episode:Passages; Humanity
Vehicle: Truck

For me I think The Coltons is the worst with MacGyver's Women a close second.

I agree that there were several good shows in the 80s, but much past that I haven't watched much new stuff either (except SG-1 in my case recently as well). I haven't seen the Walking Dead either. I'm guessing by the title it's another Zombie thing, but personally I don't get the whole zombie craze thing anyway. blink.gif

"I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you." -MacGyver

Semper Vigilans - Civil Air Patrol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 3 June 2013 - 09:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Ok, season 7 walking dead EPISODE, got it. But seriously, none of you guys have seen this show? Geez, and I don't have cable or even a tv set! Like zombies or not, it's still one of the best shows out there right now as far as drama, suspense and action. And it's also creepy at times, goes without saying. It mops the floor with anything on regular network tv, including all the crappy CSIs, Law & Order: Grumpy Cop Units, and non-funny sitcoms. Of course I can't speak for the whole world, just here in the US.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll