DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft

Before you can understand this Nit-Pick, you need to know one thing. In Season 2 MacGyver had all White Reebok High-tops. Then in the Third season he got white/grey Nike Court Forces which were released in 1987 (To see these in full detail, watch,"Blow Out".) In Season 4 he had white/grey Nike Air Force II's (1987) and later white/grey Nike Air Delta Forces (1988). All of them were high-tops. MacGyver must have liked the white/grey colorways Nike released back in then. Now for the Nit-Pick:
In the Start of the Episode Mac is wearing the Air Force II model. (If you want to see them more clearly, watch,"The Outsiders".) He continues to wear them throughout the episode until right before he confronts Murdoc. When the camera switches to Mac's feet going through the trip line (laser) you can see that he is now wearing his original Court Forces from season 3. Then when he escapes the trap and goes to free Pete, you can observe that he is wearing the Air Force II's again. THEN, after he give's Pete a tool to free himself, Murdoc uses Penny's voice to lure Mac to her. When MacGyver runs to the 'cave' enterance, he's back to wearing the Court Forces again! YET AGAIN, when MacGyver and Murdoc go at it, Murdoc wails him with a board, during Mac's recoil, he's back to his Air Force II's once more! How odd is that! huh.gif My guess is different filming days. Rick probably didn't remember which sneakers he started with because they were all so similar in design.

"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 23 August 2009 - 08:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Remembering which shoes to wear is actually the job of the continuity coordinator, so obviously they weren't doing their job very well on that episode.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 24 August 2009 - 05:23 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

Wow, I didn't even know there was a position for that! You would still think Rick would remember and let them know.

"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 24 August 2009 - 03:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
House:  ---

Not when you consider that scenes aren't' always shot in sequence, especially when your working on locations. You have to take the time/date for which the location can be closed down, which means not only could your clothing change from day to day, but it could change during the same day, depending on the filming schedule. Also consider that they are working 16 hour days, often longer if night shots are involved.

Another thing to consider is that the clothing goes back to the wardrobe department at the end of the day, so it's not like RDA just climbs out of bed and chooses which shoes he's going to put on. He turns up at the set and the wardrobe department hand him the clothes for that scene.

There's hundreds of people involved in filming these episodes, at least 2 filming units filming simultaneously. One unit will be doing the location work while the second does sound-stage work or secondary scenes.

Also why would he be worried about remember what he's wearing in any given scene when he knows there's someone being paid to do that for him. wink.gif He's got enough work with remember his lines and trying to work out how to get himself out of trouble.. oh... wait... he didn't do that for real..ok.. never-mind blush.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 24 August 2009 - 05:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

Makes much more sense now, thanks. surprise.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 15 February 2011 - 09:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
House:  House boat

Also why would he be worried about remember what he's wearing in any given scene when he knows there's someone being paid to do that for him.  He's got enough work with remember his lines and trying to work out how to get himself out of trouble.. oh... wait... he didn't do that for real..ok.. never-mind

laugh.gif

Don't you think Murdoc went through a lot of unnecessary trouble just to get to Mac? Writing a musical, find a place for the show that's run by someone deep in debts, get the actors, the star who happens to be Penny Parker and a whole lot of incidents that appear to be accidents. I'd rather have him a flamethrower and a rocket launcher blazing to get to Mac.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 17 February 2011 - 11:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Adventurer

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Gold Rush, Invisible Killer
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Shiiish!! Shut up, it could totally happen! wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverfan717
Posted: 28 February 2011 - 06:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

When MacGyver walks into the room that closes in on him, he is wearing Nike Court Forces, but when we see him kneeling down to attatch the knife and string to the wood, he is wearing Nike Air Force 2s. They are both white and Gray in color so it's hard to tell. He switches back and forth between the two as the episode progresses.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jennkurz
Posted: 28 February 2011 - 06:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: tinker

Favorites
Episode:passages/ outsiders/ ma dalton
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

at the beginning at the end of the dance number the male dancer slides between pennys legs the left side of his vest falls off his shoulder, we then cut to macs view of the scene from the audience and the dancers shirt is back on his shoulder

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
bruno5
Posted: 10 January 2013 - 11:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

In the end of episode Cleo Rocks MacGyver had a file of Murdoc where he had some photos about Murdoc throughout different photos. But the thing with the photos was that they were taken at spots where was no one taking the photos like: "Widowmaker" the scene when Murdoc was coming out from hes pickup with the rifle and rope, in front of Ellard's store, "Partners" when MacGyver an Pete where aimed with rockeet launcher's and Murdoc with Sarah mask and in hospital in Jack's room before running in the demolition site. The question is who took these photos when nobody in the room and in the forest didn't unless there was a invisible person(which is very unlikely) So where did they get these photos? hmm.bmp

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 January 2013 - 02:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

I was thinking this too. I saw Cleo Rocks and The Widowmaker earlier this week. Maybe Murdoc had time to take a picture of himself before going up to mountain. That might add vanity to his character.

In case of Partners, I couldn't tell.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
bruno5
Posted: 11 January 2013 - 05:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

No Murdoc didn't make a photo from himself because when he took the rifle and rope he immediately ran up the mountain.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Agent MacGyver!
Posted: 11 January 2013 - 11:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:Cease Fire

Someone with a long distance camera was watching from below maybe?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AussieMacFan
Posted: 19 May 2013 - 01:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Jacket:  Black leather

Maybe... nasty.gif

"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 19 May 2013 - 02:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners

They must have him under constant surveillance. wink.gif

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
AussieMacFan
Posted: 5 June 2013 - 11:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

They probably do... laugh.gif

-John Lennon

AussieMacFan
Posted: 13 October 2013 - 11:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Ok, when Murdoc is setting the trip line he is wearing a watch but then when he ties Penny up, it's gone. smile.gif

-John Lennon

Harry1982
Posted: 3 August 2014 - 03:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Various

Favorites
Episode:Passages

Does anyone know what kind of knive Murdoc uses in this episode to cut MacGyver's arm in the dungeon at the very end? I would love to know.

Harry Jackson: There was a time when I could run all day without breaking a sweat. I tell ya: it's hell getting old.
MacGyver: Age is only in the mind, Harry.
Harry Jackson: Well, my mind tells me I'm gettin' old.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Maclover
Posted: 7 November 2015 - 12:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: 5 x lge & small

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker

The kids and I watched this last night - the nit-pick that they spotted was as MacGyver and Murdoc in the wheelchair walk out of the dressing rooms after leaving Penny in it (who was undressing at the time behind the vanity screen) you can see someone's hand just above the door lock closing the door fully. I thought that was very observant of them. Has anyone else seen it? I guess it's about 1/4-1/3rd into the episode.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 23 December 2017 - 09:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but Murdoc always used a French accent when pretending to be Jacque, then used his real, British accent to talk when he revealed himself as Murdoc. But when he dresses up as Jacque again for the last time, just before he reveals himself to Penny, he talks in his usual, British voice. Penny is too worried about the danger to notice. Did anyone else find that odd? Or am I not remembering correctly?

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll