Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Talked to writer Paul Margolis - had some interesting stories to share.
Click for Link

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 3 August 2016 - 10:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

Great interview. Not all of my favorite episodes and now i know who to blame for the entire Colton family. biggrin.gif But hew seems like a great guy!

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 August 2016 - 01:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

They all look like great guys. Out of all the interviews I read, it's like most of the crew were chosen because they all had something MacGyver in them.

Too bad he had to rewrite that scene in Black Rhino, that would've been a great shocker. MacGyver trying to shoot the rhino but can't. That would've been even more great.

Furthermore, great stories on The Coltons and MacGyver of course. Just too bad he wrote such a bad episode as The Lost Amadeus after Black Rhino.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 4 August 2016 - 03:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners

Wow!

I love that RDA made them re-write the rhino scene because "MacGyver would never hold a gun in his hands". Shows how dedicated he was to the character.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 4 August 2016 - 05:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Great interview! No love for the reboot, I see... XD But, I love hearing stories about what happens behind the scenes. I think one of the reasons why MacGyver was such a different show was because the people behind it actually cared. That isn't a very common thing.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 August 2016 - 06:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 4 August 2016 - 12:33 PM)
Wow!

I love that RDA made them re-write the rhino scene because "MacGyver would never hold a gun in his hands". Shows how dedicated he was to the character.

I respect that decision though but I think it's a missed opportunity. Not to cross a line but to push a boundary. The scene now still is quite intense even without him having to point the gun. But just like Margolis I'd be overruled as well and since the request came from RDA himself, how can you not respect that?

But now that I start thinking about it, it would've been great. Maybe even shot it three ways: one in which MacGyver put all his principals aside and shoots in act of mercy, one in which he aims, doubts and Kate takes over and the final result as we've always had it. Maybe on the second option that after Kate takes over and shoots the animal MacGyver would punch the poacher's lights out in all anger and than fade out. But maybe that's over the top?

I can see him do it because he cares too much but he also can't do it for the same reason and I think if he had to make a choice, he made the right one and pass. RDA knows that and made the right decision. The scene doesn't have to pay off in intensity that's for sure. RDA made the right call.

Well I guess it's just a nice thing to think about in the: what if's section.

Besides we sorta got the scene eventually in Strictly Business when he aims at Murdoc even though he had amnesia.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 4 August 2016 - 05:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

TMP, you must have been biting your lip in not going for a pointed script question or two about Lost Amadeus(134/136)! tongue.gif Lulu! In all fairness, my guess is that PM did not originally have Lulu as such a bubblehead but more like a cerebral, refined lady and potential love interest for Mac and which would have worked much better. My theory is based on some insider script knowledge from Collision Course where PM originally had the female lead 'Charlie' as a reporter and love interest for Mac .... but (as per the writer's second draft) was asked to change that role to the much younger daughter character. In their own words as hand written on an executive's script in my possession - " Lose 'Carly' and add a 13-14 year old 'Charlene'" ... which in the end became "Charlie" . Another great interview btw!

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

themacgyverproject
Posted: 4 August 2016 - 06:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:The Gauntlet

TMP, you must have been biting your lip in not going for a pointed script question or two about Lost Amadeus(134/136)!

Haha, yeah I often hope that they don't actually go on the blog and read some of my reviews too closely! wink.gif Another one that comes to mind is Time Winters where I was really hoping he didn't read what I had to say about "Honest Abe."

My theory is based on some insider script knowledge from Collision Course where PM originally had the female lead 'Charlie' as a reporter and love interest for Mac .... but (as per the writer's second draft) was asked to change that role to the much younger daughter character. In their own words as hand written on an executive's script in my possession - " Lose 'Carly' and add a 13-14 year old 'Charlene'" ... which in the end became "Charlie" .

Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing. Does it say who the executive was?

MacDobromir
Posted: 5 August 2016 - 01:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: camper/handyman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Motorcycle

Great interview indeed and such a great man!

"So I'm sure they're going to come up with a multi thread way to do the new MacGyver. But that's not really MacGyver. They're using the name MacGyver and the idea of a character who puts together a piece of tin foil and bubble gum and comes up with a bomb, but there's a lot more to MacGyver than just that. I don't think it's going to work, personally. I think people are going to be disappointed because it's going to be a wisecracking, younger version of MacGyver and likely won't have the charm of the original MacGyver."

I agree, there's a lot more to MacGyver than just making a bomb from a bubble gum, but from interviews We could see so far Lenkov's team is aware of it. at least I hope that they are...

"and likely won't have the charm of the original MacGyver"

Probably won't but I steel belive in those guys wink.gif

"Any problem can be solved with a little ingenuity." MacGyver

"Eureka!" Dobromir

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 5 August 2016 - 02:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---

Does it say who the executive was?

Haha Honest Abe, I couldn't finish that episode. Yup, the executive was the coordinating producer, Hudson Hickman.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll