DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

I was at work a few days ago, and went into the rest room to wash my hands. Well, the soap dispenser (it was one of those with the metal pump spout that sticks out of the counter) was plugged up with congealed soap, and nothing would come out.

I stood there and thought for a moment, and then had a brainstorm. I went back to my desk and grabbed a paper clip. Back in the rest room, I bent the paper clip out a bit, so part of it was straight, and then used the straight end to clear the congealed soap out of the dispenser spout. After that, the spout worked like a charm!

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
laarell4241
Posted: 26 February 2007 - 01:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Golden Triangle
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  Apartment

Yes, paper clips are absolutely indispensable. I have several braided into the strap for my keys, you know those that can go around your neck. Just in case I might need one...

In one apartment I used to live in the strings that operated the blinds were ridiculously short. Like, maybe you'd reach it if you're in the NBA. I took a bunch of thick paper clips (so they wouldn't unroll as I pulled on them) and used them to extend the string to something reasonable for someone who's just over five feet tall. Problem solved.

As always, the pesky hubby was like, what's the problem? Sure, if I was a foot taller, I wouldn't have a problem either!

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
j12752
Posted: 18 July 2007 - 08:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

My tiebacks for my curtains had a hook snap off and I have a paperclip holding one end in place smile.gif

Issus
Posted: 22 March 2008 - 04:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The escape
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber

My paperclips hold paper and documents. laugh.gif

In my oppinion, Graham Bell has a lot to answer for. It gets harder and harder to escape from the world, the news and worst of all, people.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Posted: 11 April 2008 - 09:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
House:  ---

Don't forget that you can use a straightened paper clip to open dead/malfunctioning CD/DVD drives.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
laarell4241
Posted: 6 June 2008 - 07:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Golden Triangle

A few days ago I decided to make a pie with fresh cherries. It was kind of late in the evening when I realized I didn't own a cherry pitter. What I did have was a large paper clip. Turns out the cherry pits are a perfect size to get stuck in the larger loop of the paper clip and thus be quite easily extracted. tongue.gif That pie came out delicious!

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll