Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

I don't think there's a person in the word who can forget Sept 11, 2001... The day the world changed.

If you feel so inclined, this thread is here for you to post any thoughts, feelings, memories, etc you might like to share with the rest of the community about this event.

user posted image

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SHEILA
Posted: 10 September 2010 - 08:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Second Loft

Hi everyone I made a 9/11 video to honor the events on that day. I felt very strong idea to make this video. We must not forget that day.

Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 10 September 2010 - 08:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

beautiful and touching may we never forget. sad.gif

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 10 September 2010 - 08:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Fantastic video. Really captured the essence of this horrible event and what it now means to us.

This truly was the most defining and horrible moments of our time. It's the day that rally did change our world. It's certainly a day I'll never forget and every year I still have strong emotional responses to it as I think about all the lives that where lost, the heartache that was caused and how many lives have been changed as they lost loved ones, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters... how many children went home from school that day to find one or both of their parents would never be home again?

There's one image from this day which still haunts me with vivid recollection. It was a video clip of a firefighter holding a little child with an oxygen mask running as fast as he could towards the cameras location trying to outrun the dust cloud created as one of the towers collapsed. The firefighter was obviously scared for his own life and didn't know what was happening, but still he held on to that child even though it slowed him down, his first commitment was to saving the life he held in his hands there and then and that alone really speaks volumes about the heroes that where made and lost on or generations worst day.

I think what hurts most now is that the world leaders of today don't seem to really care about it any more. Sure they put on a good show about it each year, but actions speak louder than words.. and for the most part their actions say "we don't care." and that along with other things which have branched out of this event really scare me quite a lot.

sad.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 September 2010 - 03:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
House:  House boat

It's indeed the day the world changed. When I came home from school that day, my mom said something happened in America and that there was a war going on. My grandfather thought World War III started.

A lot of our freedom died that day. Some things if not a lot of things are forbidden on airplanes now. Apparently you can't take your liquid bottle that is necessary for your contact lenses on the plane anymore.

Now I've heard that this reverent Terry Jones wants to burn Koran books today. I wonder if that plan will be executed.

They don't care anymore? I don't know. At some point I think you have to let go, but that doesn't mean you have to forget. September 11 will become a day like December 7. How did the president say it? A date that will live in infamy. Future generations probably won't see what that day did to world or to America just like December 7 did to the previous generations. The meaning may get lost but that doesn't mean we have to forget.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
mrtape
Posted: 11 September 2010 - 06:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Red handled

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The flashback Western.
House:  Loft

Thanks very much for this tribute. Headed, today, for a vacation to Hawaii and another trip out to the Arizona Memorial. Somehow these two days 12/7/46 and 11/1/01 seemed indelibly linked in American History. Once again thanks for the remembrance.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SHEILA
Posted: 11 September 2010 - 07:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer

For me there is a lot of images that stick out in my mind but it is a story I will always carry with me to this day. It is a story of a father and son. The father was in the Pentagon when the plain hit . He not only lost people he knew and worked with but he lost him 12 year old son who was on the plain that hit the building . I do not remember his name but I will never forget his story. The son was on his way to a science fair.

That is something that has never left me and may never. We must not forget the events of 9/11 . We should always carry it in our hearts and honor that day forever in our country of freedom.

Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MurDaltonfan
Posted: 11 September 2010 - 01:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Not sure

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Any one with Murdoc
Jacket:  Leather Biker

I didn't know anyone in the towers or the plane, but I have heard stories. I read a beautiful article in Reader's Digest about it. I will see if I can find it... To me, 9/11 is a another "date that will live in infamy" So heart-wrenching, but strengthening, all at once. sad.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll