Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Just saw the movie Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice based on Stephen Kings short story Children of the Corn. During the opening credits of that movie I noticed two familiar names. Ned Romero and Bill Froehlich.

Ned Romero plays Frank Red Bear an Indian helping out Terence Knox who plays the lead as a journalist trying to create a story about the murders in the first film by questioning remaining kids responsible for the deaths of the adults in a small town called Gatlin.

Ned Romero played a big supporting role in maybe for the most of us a long forgotten movie. The movie however was released in 1992 the same year Mountain of Youth aired. And yet again it's interesting that another Mac-actor appears in a movie based on a Stephen King story.

What I also find interesting is that Bill Froehlich was the co-producer of this movie. It's nice to find out what actors and crew members are doing after their time on MacGyver.

The movie itself was bad but I enjoyed it more than the first no matter what movie sites say. The first one starred Linda Hamilton right before she fought machines in The Terminator in that same year. This one starred no one familiar except for Romero. The lead actor's appearance reminds of Treat Williams according to allmovie but during the movie I got reminded of MacGyver. It could've been an episode of MacGyver in the horror genre.

A guy ends up in a small populated town to come up with a story and has difficulties with his son. His son hangs out with some of the Gatlin-kids who believe the devil himself would come someday. In the end they find out there has been some messing with the crops and they wanted to use to sell bad crops with good crops so that the natural toxic mould could lead everyone to insanity. When it's found out the lead actor and Ned Romero starts to work together to solve the whole thing running into all kinds of obstacles including getting caught by a corrupt sheriff and being tied up with some kind of tractor coming closer to crush them. Also interesting is that the lead actor is conducting some sort of investigation to get his story, just like Mac would. He's also not armed and doesn't use violence.

So maybe if this interest you, you might wanna check it out. If you don't mind the cheese over it or should I say corn?

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll