Please Note      

You can only post replies to topics already posted in this forum. You can not start new topics. If you would like to discuss a character which doesn't already have their own topic please start the new topic in the Houseboat forum and we will move it to this forum for you.

Von Leer brothers
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

How did you rate this character?
user posted image [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
user posted image [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
user posted image [ 4 ]  [25.00%]
user posted image [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
user posted image [ 5 ]  [31.25%]
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 12 October 2007 - 05:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Von Leer Brothers

ERICH

Christopher Neame

NICOLAS
Kai Wulff

Two wealthy, dastardly treasure-hunting brothers. Erich used MacGyver and his friend Zoe Ryan in a plot to recover the Holy Grail and met his end instead.

Nicolas, seeking revenge on MacGyver for his brother's death, met his own demise in the search for the Eye of Osiris.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted on 12 October 2007 - 07:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory

Ah- two of MacGyver's premiere recycleable actors- but good ones, so that's cool. (Christopher Neame and Kai Wulff)

I enjoyed both Erich and Nicholas Von Leer as characters. They made for good villians that greedily went after treasure without letting anyone get in their way. "Legend of the Holy Rose" (Parts 1 and 2) was a great episode and so was "Eye of Osiris".
Hmm- what else is there to say about them? They fulfilled their roles in the episodes well. Pretty much the stereotypical villian in any treasure-hunting type episode of MacGyver (or any other show for that matter- or movies like the Indiana Jones movies or National Treasure, etc.) They always want to get the treasure and can't let go of it. And in the end, the hero sometimes gets the treasure out safely- but a lot of times winds up deciding it's best left where it is and it's better just to get out alive and live to tell about the adventure. And the greed always makes the villian risk setting off the deadly booby-traps, and ultimately it takes him to his doom. They generally serve to prove that the love of money is the root of all evil- some lusting after it, go and do crazy things they never would do otherwise. And in the end, we see- unlike what Michael Douglas tells us in the 1987 classic- "Wall Street"- Greed is, for lack of a better word, NOT good. wink.gif

PM                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted on 12 October 2007 - 07:43 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I love the Van Leer brothers!

Despite the lousy accent they added some extra spice to the show.
Die hard crooks that have a grudge against our Mac, bt aren't as psychotic as Murdoc.
Well, they are, but to another level.

I loved Legend of the Holy Rose and also Eye of Osiris!!

MacGyverGrrl
Posted on 12 October 2007 - 07:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
House:  House boat

The Von Lear brothers were suitably nasty villians. They were both believable as bad guys and the actors portraying them did a good job with the characters.

It would have been interesting if the writers hadn't been so quick to kill them off. I wouldn't mind seeing them again, going up against MacGyver together. Hmm.....possible fanfic idea, big adventure, double the bad dudes.......yeah there's some potential here. hmm.bmp

Overall, I think the Von Lears are decent foes for Mac. They were both ruthless in their pursuit of their ambitions, fairly intelligent, and willing to take MacGyver headon. I liked the episodes they appeared in well enough and watch them when I am looking for a good action/adventure evening.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 13 October 2007 - 03:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I voted excellent. I truly like the Von Leer brothers. They're actually in contrary with other villains more villains of MacGyver's level, just like MacGyverGrrl said.

I like Erich Von Leer for what he tried to do to MacGyver with that pendulum torture. I like Nikolaus for how he figured his plan out, using Beth Webb and allowing Hakim to participate in his plan.

It would have been interesting if the writers hadn't been so quick to kill them off. I wouldn't mind seeing them again, going up against MacGyver together. Hmm.....possible fanfic idea, big adventure, double the bad dudes.......yeah there's some potential here.

I did with Lost Gold in the Ocean. Than again it's not an adventure in that sense of the word.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted on 15 October 2007 - 02:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)

blink.gif Why are they lumped together?

They weren't in the same episode where they?

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted on 15 October 2007 - 04:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

No, but they're brothers. They each had 1 episode apiece (though Erich's was a two-parter). I think the reason they're lumped together is because one reason they're memorable characters is that they're brothers- and one came after MacGyver for revenge after his brother died.
If it was just a one-shot villian named Erich Von Leer- he might be memorable, but he probably wouldn't be as memorable as knowing that he also had a brother named Nicholas who showed up in a later episode as a nemesis to MacGyver.

PM                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 18 October 2007 - 10:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

They weren’t very memorable to me at all. I had to re-watch the holy rose and eye of Osiris again before commenting. Overall I guess they were ok as bad guys.
How did Nicolas know MacGyver was there as his brother died? The type of backstabbing partners those brothers dealt with – it could have been one of them. The fact he was a greedy murderer would have been enough motive for him to go after the eye. I don’t know why he had to be a brother of Erich. It didn’t bring much to the plot really as he didn’t exactly go out of his way to especially punish MacGyver anymore than the others. He was just ultimately interested in the treasure.
I didn’t mind these two characters but they are pretty forgettable for me.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 18 October 2007 - 11:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

You got a point though. Everybody died in Legend of the Holy Rose but than again I guess someone dealing on the black market sure got his connections. But I liked the fact used as a brother, they make a nice duo of villians.

Indeed he was ultimately interested in the treasure but than again they all are. Maybe he should've tried more to kill MacGyver.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted on 14 August 2008 - 01:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (Macs Lab Rat @ 19 October 2007 - 06:12 AM)
They weren’t very memorable to me at all. I had to re-watch the holy rose and eye of Osiris again before commenting. Overall I guess they were ok as bad guys.
How did Nicolas know MacGyver was there as his brother died? The type of backstabbing partners those brothers dealt with – it could have been one of them. The fact he was a greedy murderer would have been enough motive for him to go after the eye. I don’t know why he had to be a brother of Erich. It didn’t bring much to the plot really as he didn’t exactly go out of his way to especially punish MacGyver anymore than the others. He was just ultimately interested in the treasure.
I didn’t mind these two characters but they are pretty forgettable for me.

I always wondered too how Nicholas Von Leer in Eye of Osiris knew that MacGyver was there when his brother, Eric Von Leer died in France searching for the Holy Rose. Maybe Zoe blabbed to someone who blabbed to someone...you know like a twisted game of telephone where somehow Mac got blamed for Eric's death. Or Nicholas heard through the channel's (I still say Zoe blabbed) and in his own twisted warped way concluded that Mac was blame and asked for him on his quest to find Alexander the Great's tomb.

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Scwilson
Posted on 18 August 2013 - 07:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Pilot

sak.gif I liked the brothers as villains, they added a little excitement to the plot. Instead of one adversary to deal with Mac had his hands full with trying to outwit two.

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll