SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Thanks for the information!

I am converting a 1987 Laredo into a MacGyver jeep. Let the fun begin!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Chief Climber
Posted: 12 June 2020 - 11:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Cool. You should make a “build thread”. Glad to help in any way. Are you attempting to make it look like the Macgyver Jeep by applying a matte or dullcoat of some kind over a dark color like black? Or are you going to paint the whole thing brown?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
CHEVIGNON
Posted: 12 June 2020 - 06:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Yes I'll certainly have a behind the scene or before and after tread.
I have just purchased the 5x15 inch jeep rims and the black seats. What i CAN'T FIND right now are the mirrors!! If anyone here can help me find the KDX Style mirrors for a jeep YJ, this would be fantastic!!! Let me be clear, replacement mirrors are available online, but the arms are impossible to find. They are called two arms as the arm split into two. Beside finding the jeep, the most difficult part to find are the mirrors when the jeep is door less. I have the hard top and door with small mirrors, but I am more looking to recreate the jeep style of season 2 and driving it this summer without doors and hard or soft top.

I have look closely at episode like Birthday and can say that the jeep is not matte but has some sort of dullcoat to avoid reflection of the lights and crew. You can see the reflection of the windows and metalic armature of the building on the hood of the jeep (see photo), which would be impossible if the jeep was painted matte. So, this means that the jeep is glossy and has a dullcoat on it. That's what I'll be doing. With the exception of the fenders, that I will keep matte black, I think the jeep will be a very dark and glossy brown and that I will apply a non permanent dullcoat for a MacGyver look...and will drive it a few times off road to get it a bit dirty smile.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
CHEVIGNON
Posted: 12 June 2020 - 06:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Here's where it will all start! In great condition but nevertheless a lot of job will be needed to make it into a Mac Jeep!

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Chief Climber
Posted: 12 June 2020 - 06:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Nice Jeep!

They used two different Jeeps so there is some variation in the color/sheen of the two YJs in Birth Day. If you watch carefully you can see some differences besides the coloring also.

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Chief Climber
Posted: 15 June 2020 - 04:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (CHEVIGNON @ 7 June 2020 - 06:41 AM)
Does anyone know what size and brand of Tires Mac has on his Jeep? It’s stock tires, but there are at least 3 différent one:
205/75R15

215/75R15

225/75R15

By the way, the 225s are screen accurate but I think 235s look the best on these rims.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 17 June 2020 - 08:53 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Twice Stung
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I agree. A 2 inch lift and bigger tires really looks good.

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
CHEVIGNON
Posted: 3 July 2020 - 11:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Talking about lift, is is just me or Mac's jeep seem to be lift in the back only? I didn't noticed it before, but looking at a few shots, it look like it if we compare to the stoke version. Any thoughts?

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
CHEVIGNON
Posted: 3 July 2020 - 11:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Here's another one

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
CHEVIGNON
Posted: 3 July 2020 - 11:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

compare to an image of a 1987 stoke

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
CHEVIGNON
Posted: 3 July 2020 - 11:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Also, does anyone know in which episode we see a fire extinguisher in Mac's jeep? I am just wondering where it is located. Thanks!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Chief Climber
Posted: 3 July 2020 - 12:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (CHEVIGNON @ 3 July 2020 - 11:33 AM)
Also, does anyone know in which episode we see a fire extinguisher in Mac's jeep? I am just wondering where it is located. Thanks!

The Negotiator. Season 3

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
CHEVIGNON
Posted: 3 July 2020 - 12:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Thanks Chief Climber!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Chief Climber
Posted: 3 July 2020 - 02:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (CHEVIGNON @ 3 July 2020 - 11:28 AM)
Talking about lift, is is just me or Mac's jeep seem to be lift in the back only? I didn't noticed it before, but looking at a few shots, it look like it if we compare to the stoke version. Any thoughts?

I think the front may be lower and the rear normal. It’s hard to say. It could have gotten damaged front suspension during Birth Day. I wouldn’t try to mimic that. If you do want to be screen accurate, you will want to be sure the YJ you bought has the correct center console which is the same as the CJs had.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
CHEVIGNON
Posted: 3 July 2020 - 03:43 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I think you are right about the lift, it look lower on the front...but I like it! I’ll have to check it out on mine to see What has to be done to make it like that. I do have the right console. I also have the 3 identical seats, Goodyear’s wrangler radial tires, but 235 instead of 225...but the most difficult was to find the same mirrors and arms! I’ve found them in France can you believe it! Brand new. So I have all the parts except the winch, which I will look for a little later.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Chief Climber
Posted: 3 July 2020 - 04:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (CHEVIGNON @ 3 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)
I think you are right about the lift, it look lower on the front...but I like it! I’ll have to check it out on mine to see What has to be done to make it like that. I do have the right console. I also have the 3 identical seats, Goodyear’s wrangler radial tires, but 235 instead of 225...but the most difficult was to find the same mirrors and arms! I’ve found them in France can you believe it! Brand new. So I have all the parts except the winch, which I will look for a little later.

Let me know if you want more information on the winch. I have a pretty good idea what the set up was and it is a bit challenging to fit it underneath the bumper. You could always just use a fairlead though to make it look like you had the winch.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
CHEVIGNON
Posted: 3 July 2020 - 06:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I've just watched The Negociator ans spot the fire extinguisher between the front seats. Great episode! Thanks for the tip!

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
CHEVIGNON
Posted: 3 July 2020 - 06:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

About the winch...well...my first thought was to make it look like I had a winch because A) it cost a lot of money and B) I don't think I will ever use it. But when I saw Mac plug the remote on top of his bumper in the episode birthday, I said to myself...lets have one that work. So, the plan is to have one hidden under the bumper like Mac.

Yes if you have advices for what type of winch and how to install it, this would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
I don't want to spend a 1000$ on it, so I am looking for a used one or a good deal. But this is going to be the last thing I do on the jeep. That and having a custom made california plate. But I better start looking for the winch, who knows when a good deal appear.

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll