Lost Amadeus-Lulu is annoying
Deadly Silence-pinky is annoying
Black Rhino- I hate animal abuse
Two Times Trouble-Just find this episode strange
The episode with the pimp and the girl-also a strange topic for Macgyer
Any of the Cowboy episodes- Just can't seem to enjoy them
Legend of the holy rose- Zoey is annnoying

Rush to judgement
the ten percent solution --These 4 are just bad topics for me. I always feel sad when watching.
children of the light
The challenge

So most of the episodes I dislike are because of the characters in them. Some of the subjects of the episodes were just to upsetting to enjoy. I don't want to think about racism or the holocaust or animal abuse when I sit down to enjoy my favorite show. Watching tv for me is my way of getting away from the real world and the troubles that come with it. I do admit, I do enjoy watching rescue 911 and other shows as well which can vary well be emotional for me but I go into that show knowing what to expect. With Macgyver, you just don't expect it to be a heart string tugging show.

And Lastly

The Stringer- I only dislike this episode because it is the end to our all time favorite show. I always wondered if his son didn't come back, would the show have continued. Also we see how extreme Petes loss of eyesight is. Plus the jetpack escape is a little over the top, but I can see why they wanted an extreme excape for the final episode.

Now technically I'm driving a stolen car following a kidnapping... and I didn't even get to have my first cup of coffee. (Mac)
Your burning hot MacGyver... And so is Pete! ! (Murdoc)
Does anyone have a knife?? Yes...it has lots of different blades (Macgyver music plays while mac examines the knief) ...I know
Why are you taking your pants off?? You got a better idea? I'm still trying to figure out what yours is!!

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 9 June 2014 - 09:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

But episodes like Black Rhino, Two Times Trouble, Runners, Rush To Judgment, The Ten Percent Solution, Children of Light and The Challenge all use very real subjects and themes. That's what makes MacGyver MacGyver.

You know that the rhino was an animatronic? Yet a very disturbing scene indeed.

Two Times Trouble there is an article here somewhere I think in the topic itself that twins suffer from severe depression if one of them dies and sometimes attempt to bring back their dead brother and sister by becoming them. It's maybe not a very common theme but an interesting one.

Runners is just a teen episode. What's so odd about it? Crystal ran away from home, crossed paths with the wrong person, meets Mac who helps her straight with help from Cynthia. Sounds typical Mac.

The Ten Percent Solution is one of the harder episodes, just like The Challenge. I just have this thing with WO II for one thing. I think it's something very educational.

You know it's your right to dislike these episodes, but I think all these episode contains good messages and lessons. Like be kind to animals and each other.

On most of you're other episodes, I kinda agree.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MACGYVERISMYDAD
Posted: 10 June 2014 - 08:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Exec. Wenger

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 9 June 2014 - 09:40 AM)
But episodes like Black Rhino, Two Times Trouble, Runners, Rush To Judgment, The Ten Percent Solution, Children of Light and The Challenge all use very real subjects and themes. That's what makes MacGyver MacGyver.

You know that the rhino was an animatronic? Yet a very disturbing scene indeed.

Two Times Trouble there is an article here somewhere I think in the topic itself that twins suffer from severe depression if one of them dies and sometimes attempt to bring back their dead brother and sister by becoming them. It's maybe not a very common theme but an interesting one.

Runners is just a teen episode. What's so odd about it? Crystal ran away from home, crossed paths with the wrong person, meets Mac who helps her straight with help from Cynthia. Sounds typical Mac.

The Ten Percent Solution is one of the harder episodes, just like The Challenge. I just have this thing with WO II for one thing. I think it's something very educational.

You know it's your right to dislike these episodes, but I think all these episode contains good messages and lessons. Like be kind to animals and each other.

On most of you're other episodes, I kinda agree.

World issues were not always the main focus target of the show especially in the earlier episodes, but they became more prevalent in the later seasons. What got me hooked was Macgyver going in and defusing a bomb or testing a state of the art security system. It was action packed and very entertaining. Towards the end, it started focusing more on current problems with the world such as poverty, drug abuse, racism, ect. I am ok with this to a degree but then they started taking out the action and the macgyverisms little by little and my opionion that is what hurts some of these episodes as well. Many people got into the show for the action and macyverisms and when they started taking those out, you start taking out your target audience.

I do know the rhino was animatronic but it looks so real, it just makes me sad. I know it's good for people to experience these world problems so that we can better ourselves and try and take steps towards fixing them and I also agree that it does teach people important life lessons in humanity which is needed even more right now.

Not really knocking these episodes, just stating why they are my least favorites. Even though they are not my favorites, I still pop them in from time to time and shed a tear.

Now technically I'm driving a stolen car following a kidnapping... and I didn't even get to have my first cup of coffee. (Mac)
Your burning hot MacGyver... And so is Pete! ! (Murdoc)
Does anyone have a knife?? Yes...it has lots of different blades (Macgyver music plays while mac examines the knief) ...I know
Why are you taking your pants off?? You got a better idea? I'm still trying to figure out what yours is!!

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 22 October 2018 - 10:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:ETSS, Partners
Jacket:  Brown bomber

No surprise I found this thread while watching Season 7, it's almost like a different show by this point. yucky.gif

Most of my least favorites are in 7:

The Walking Dead (don't like the subject matter)
Deadly Silents (really with the building drop ready to go?)
The Coltons (no Mac)
Good Knight MacGyver (I know this is a popular one but I think it's soooo corny, Merlin being such a fool was annoying)

However 7 does have a couple highlights, Obsessed is good, The Stringer, and I actually liked Honest Abe, I find all the deep cover spies hilarious.

There are definitely others I'm not fond of, but I wouldn't call those the worst, just not my favorite subject matter. I actually like the group sting episodes like Fire and Ice, and Penny episodes for the most part.

"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 23 October 2018 - 03:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Still I think season 7 tried to bring back some of the show's basic elements like escapes but I think it was already too late.

These are the ones that I don't like or didn't like at first or maybe now have second thoughts about.

Thief of Budapest: never liked it.
The Prodigal: didn't like it at first but it grew on me.
Flame's End: never really liked it.
The Enemy Within: not a great episode but watchable.
Every Time She Smiles: not great but watchable.
To Be A Man: just a terrible episode.
Ugly Duckling: terrible.
The Escape: terrible.
Twice Stung: I hate stingers and this is pretty much the only episode in the second season that I don't like.
Fire and Ice: Another stinger but it grew on me, great score.
GX-1: didn't like at first but it grew on me.
Thin Ice: was not so great first but it grew on me.
Secret of Parker House: I like the episode in general but Teri Hatcher is simply acting terrible here.
Cleo Rocks: again I like the episode in general but once more Teri is the problem here. The ending was great, a great escape and fight makes up for a lot in this episode.
Fraternity of Thieves: just not a great episode.
Gold Rush: Not a great one either but I think it grew on me.
Jenny's Chance: another stinger.
Deep Cover: having Dexter twice is kinda pushing it but I think it's ok now.
The Lost Amadeus: simply Lulu.
MacGyver's Women: worst of the bunch. That one really is terrible in every department. Serenity was such a classic and then they ruined it with this one.
Deadly Silents: didn't like it at first but it grew on me.
Split Decision: second worst of the bunch.

You may have noticed that I have not mentioned Soft Touch in the list. That is actually one I like more then I thought. Maybe it's even my favorite of the Penny Parker episodes (or maybe I should go with Serenity on that one?) but here in this episode and also in Every Time She Smiles she's not the scream queen she thinks she is when she's not in Secret of Parker House and Cleo Rocks. She at least bothered to run and not scream when something happens.

I also didn't put The Coltons in it because actually it's not a real Mac-episode to begin with. They just added it to the show.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Hannibal_Smith
Posted: 28 October 2018 - 10:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I have to say that I have a really hard time thinking of any episode that I straight up didn't like. Yeah, there were some that I liked less than others, many of which have been named here. But episodes that I hated so much that I actually refuse to watch them, skip over them if I'm watching, and have headcanoned out of existence? Episodes like "Hathor" in Stargate SG-1, in other words? No. I can't think of anything in MacGyver that's like that.

I'll even double down on that and say that I actually liked "The Coltons" just fine, and in fact would have watched the heck out of that spin-off. That may be because I'm a sucker for world-building, and the Coltons were a part of the MacGyververse that I always liked. I'd certainly have been happy to trade Penny or Milt Bozer for more of them.

(Also, I'm kicking myself for only realizing very recently that they're all named after famous Western outlaws. Frank and Jesse as in Frank and Jesse James, and of course, Billy, who's "the Kid" in the family).

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Hannibal_Smith
Posted: 28 October 2018 - 11:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (MACGYVERISMYDAD @ 11 June 2014 - 04:41 AM)
World issues were not always the main focus target of the show especially in the earlier episodes, but they became more prevalent in the later seasons. 

Nitpicky, but actually I'd say it was always a show about "world issues," just that what those issues were changed over time. Season 1 was a spy show in which he fought Soviet Bloc enemies, international terrorists, shady third world dictators, etc. A lot of spy shows don't do that - they skip the current events and have the heroes fighting supervillains or imaginary conspiracies instead of doing anything that might be topical and therefore offend some people, so the fact that MacGyver didn't choose to do that is worth noting and kind of set the stage for later. Few things were a bigger "world issue" in 1985 than the Cold War.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 28 October 2018 - 02:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 23 October 2018 - 03:01 AM)
Still I think season 7 tried to bring back some of the show's basic elements like escapes but I think it was already too late.

Dang, MacGyverGod you have quite the list! That's an interesting perspective to Season 7 - but the majority of the plot lines are Mac just being practically retired and getting pulled into various neighborhood/friend drama. Obsessed was a great exception - Mac actually at the Phoenix Foundation for once, and the Stringer as well since it was an actual assignment.

It gets hard to believe after a while that Mac can't walk to his car on a day off without being pulled into a major incident with gun carrying bad guys laugh.gif

RDA also doesn't seem his spry self of the early seasons either happy.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 October 2018 - 02:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (zoeryan @ 28 October 2018 - 11:10 PM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 23 October 2018 - 03:01 AM)

Dang, MacGyverGod you have quite the list! That's an interesting perspective to Season 7 - but the majority of the plot lines are Mac just being practically retired and getting pulled into various neighborhood/friend drama. Obsessed was a great exception - Mac actually at the Phoenix Foundation for once, and the Stringer as well since it was an actual assignment.

It gets hard to believe after a while that Mac can't walk to his car on a day off without being pulled into a major incident with gun carrying bad guys laugh.gif

RDA also doesn't seem his spry self of the early seasons either happy.gif

Yeah, it may seem like a lot, probably worth a full season but I really don't like those and even if most come out of season 1, I don't think that's a bad season at all.

Meanwhile everyone is complaining there aren't any random lone wolf adventures while season 7 is full of it. Go figure.

(Also, I'm kicking myself for only realizing very recently that they're all named after famous Western outlaws. Frank and Jesse as in Frank and Jesse James, and of course, Billy, who's "the Kid" in the family).

Named after? I never thought of this actually until you pointed it out but I think it's more coincidence than that they're named after them.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Persona non grata
Posted: 30 October 2018 - 03:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---

Legend of the Holy Rose is a wet slap in the face if you have even the vaguest possible familiarity with Britain. And Zoe doesn't help there.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 30 October 2018 - 05:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Persona non grata @ 30 October 2018 - 03:31 PM)
Legend of the Holy Rose is a wet slap in the face if you have even the vaguest possible familiarity with Britain. And Zoe doesn't help there.

I would say every foreign country is equally egregiously portrayed! sad.gif unsure.gif wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 30 October 2018 - 06:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
House:  ---

QUOTE (zoeryan @ 30 October 2018 - 09:28 PM)

I would say every foreign country is equally egregiously portrayed! sad.gif unsure.gif wink.gif

Actually, ironically - the majority of the episodes were filmed in a foreign country and (well) made to look like the USA.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 30 October 2018 - 09:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Joe SAKic @ 30 October 2018 - 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (zoeryan @ 30 October 2018 - 09:28 PM)

Actually, ironically - the majority of the episodes were filmed in a foreign country and (well) made to look like the USA.

Yes - so you can include America on that list - as subbing Vancouver for Los Angeles is just a tad inaccurate! roller.gif

(even though I love the PNW setting so I never minded - although I always thought the snow and visible breath was hilarious for "CA")

Do you know if the houseboat is still in Vancouver? Next time I'm there I would totally go check it out if so, can't find much searching for it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 31 October 2018 - 03:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The houseboat still lives on. It's been repainted and there has been renovations on the inside as well. You might wanna check here for more explaining and pictures.

https://www.macgyveronline.com/news-info/be...ouseboat-today/

https://www.macgyveronline.com/news-info/be...ouseboat-today/

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 1 November 2018 - 05:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
House:  ---

QUOTE (zoeryan @ 31 October 2018 - 01:31 AM)
Yes - so you can include America on that list - as subbing Vancouver for Los Angeles is just a tad inaccurate! roller.gif

(even though I love the PNW setting so I never minded - although I always thought the snow and visible breath was hilarious for "CA")

SoCal maybe, those hilly regions in NorCal can get a lot of snow … my snowblower forum has many Californians aboard … I was surprised myself ohmy.gif I think the stock video and macros were implemented/integrated extremely well in most instances. BC's diverse terrain much more tailored for international intrigue cum settings. Sure the panorama sans stock video were the bain/bugaboo … but it was circa 1980s and who was gonna notice or scrutinize …. someone with a VCR and endless time on their hands ….. doh.gif

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

Jediferret
Posted: 1 November 2018 - 05:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (zoeryan @ 31 October 2018 - 12:31 AM)
Do you know if the houseboat is still in Vancouver? Next time I'm there I would totally go check it out if so, can't find much searching for it.

Last time I heard it was in Maple Ridge, BC. I'm not sure how far it is from Vancouver though.

However, I believe you can rent it! I'm just about to head into work so I can find the listing. But, if you're going up that way, I would totally see if you can stay there. smile.gif

Edit: I found the original link the owner gave us to their Airbnb listing, but the listing was removed. Boo... I wish I had some time to dig, but... I am SWAMPED today. lol

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Phoenix38
Posted: 3 July 2019 - 08:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

My least favorite episodes ( in chronological order ) are:

- Friends
- Back From The Dead
- Thin Ice
- The Challenge
- The Madonna
- Live And Learn
- The Lost Amadeus
- Tough Boys
- Twenty Questions
- Harry's Will
- There But For The Grace
- Hind-Sight
- Honest Abe
- The Hood
- The Coltons
- Walking Dead
- Deadly Silents
- Split Decision
- Gunz n Boys

As you can see, many of the worst episodes comes from 6 and 7 seasons. Yes, those were quite weak seasons, especially the 7th, but they had some very good episodes, like Humanity, Lesson In Evil, Strictly Business, Obsessed, The Prometheus Syndrome.

Barry Rowland
Posted: 3 July 2019 - 09:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Episode:Twice Stung

Ugly Duckling for me. Once was enough. sad.gif

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
cirubit
Posted: 31 August 2019 - 11:43 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: various

Favorites
Episode:phoenix under siege

Bad episodes:

THE MADONNA

EARLY RETIREMENT

SPLIT DECISION

THE COLTONS

But THIN ICE is the worst of the worsts!

zoeryan
Posted: 9 October 2019 - 06:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (MacsChick @ 6 July 2007 - 06:00 PM)
Most of season seven is intolerable to me. dry.gif

I also have a hard time with most of season 7, but the highlights for me were Honest Abe, Obsessed and The Stringer.

I really really don't like Good Knight MacGyver - it's sooo fake and irritating lol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 October 2019 - 01:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (zoeryan @ 10 October 2019 - 03:05 AM)

I also have a hard time with most of season 7, but the highlights for me were Honest Abe, Obsessed and The Stringer.

I really really don't like Good Knight MacGyver - it's sooo fake and irritating lol

"You've got to be kidding me."

Good Knight MacGyver was my favorite when I was like 7 years old. And it still is one of my many favorites. Maybe it is because I saw it as a kid. Then you don't pay attention to a lot of other things that I notice as an adult. But this really is something you got to turn off your brain and just enjoy it. How can you not like Mac and Duncan's duel or the lavapit cliffhanger and escape, the dog scene, MacGyver finding out his name and the finale where he seemingly dramatically dies?

I still think generally season 7 is not that bad. Yes, it was time to move on but there are still a lot of episodes that I keep in high regard. I like The 'Hood, Obsessed, Prometheus Syndrome, Walking Dead, Good Knight MacGyver, Gunz 'N Boyz, Off The Wall, The Stringer and Mountain of Youth.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Miasma
Posted: 10 October 2019 - 09:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (zoeryan @ 10 October 2019 - 02:05 PM)

Totally agree. I don't know if I even watched Part 2 more than once. The first half was just so cringe-worthy. I really felt awkward for everyone involved (including the dogs wearing those goofy hats laugh.gif )

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 October 2019 - 01:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I just wonder how Zeus came from Hawaii and ended up in Scotland in the 7th century. hmm.bmp

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 12 October 2019 - 08:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 10 October 2019 - 04:38 AM)
QUOTE (zoeryan @ 10 October 2019 - 03:05 AM)

"You've got to be kidding me."

Good Knight MacGyver was my favorite when I was like 7 years old. And it still is one of my many favorites. Maybe it is because I saw it as a kid. Then you don't pay attention to a lot of other things that I notice as an adult. But this really is something you got to turn off your brain and just enjoy it. How can you not like Mac and Duncan's duel or the lavapit cliffhanger and escape, the dog scene, MacGyver finding out his name and the finale where he seemingly dramatically dies?

I still think generally season 7 is not that bad. Yes, it was time to move on but there are still a lot of episodes that I keep in high regard. I like The 'Hood, Obsessed, Prometheus Syndrome, Walking Dead, Good Knight MacGyver, Gunz 'N Boyz, Off The Wall, The Stringer and Mountain of Youth.

Mac already knew his first name. But it was the first time the viewers discovered it

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 13 October 2019 - 03:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Him or us, it's goosebumps anyway.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Lelionceau
Posted: 26 October 2019 - 08:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I will say it, and maybe I'll change my mind later on : THERE ARE NO WORST EPISODES IN MACGYVER ^^

harhar.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll