Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

Alright, so I finally got my games... Yay!

Red Dead Redemption 2: So far, this has been my least favorite of the three. I find the hyper realism to be a tad cumbersome, but I haven't played enough of it to really know if I'll like it or not. I'm hoping if I play it some more, I'll like it. But I'm finding that this title a bit over praised though.

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy: This game is everything I love about the original, but with better graphics and smoother game play. Just an upgrade. Though, I will admit, the old animation was always a bit of a nostalgia trip for me. lol But this is fun if you like these sorts of games. Definitely worth the $40.

Fallout 76: Definitely my favorite out of the three. It's a lot harder than previous titles, with a focus on actual survival. You must constantly find water and food sources, and make sure you cook everything because you will get diseases if you don't. I've gotten swamp itch from sleeping on dirty mattresses and worms from drinking unboiled water (I kinda didn't have a choice). Also enemies are brutal. You either get an over powered enemy that kills you within seconds or you get swarmed by enemies that kill you in seconds. Take your pick. lol

Haven't dealt with many random players, but they are there. I usually just ignore them... though one guy was trying to be nice and I accidently hit him with an axe because I couldn't find the emote wheel to greet him back. But I did let him use my camp. I also had a guy accidently shoot me when he was actually trying to help me out.

So, it'll take some getting used to, but it's been a fun experience.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 November 2018 - 05:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Red Dead Redemption 2: So far, this has been my least favorite of the three. I find the hyper realism to be a tad cumbersome, but I haven't played enough of it to really know if I'll like it or not. I'm hoping if I play it some more, I'll like it. But I'm finding that this title a bit over praised though.

ohmy.gif Play some more. I heard it's very good and already generating controversy for being able to hit feminists. But that's what you get in open world games where you can do any thing. It's only a game, you know.

I finished Alone In The Dark Inferno. The game received mixed reviews. Some say it's overrated, others say it's underrated. I think it's the latter. This game was far from bad and had a decent difficulty level. There was adventure (shooting, driving) and puzzle solving involved. The music was as I said before very good especially the one I posted before. Really worth a play and even a replay. I think I might play Alone In The Dark The New Nightmare soon on PS1. I feel up for more actually. It'll be tougher no doubt without on screen tips but that's the name of the game.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 20 November 2018 - 09:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I have 2 of those titles. Red Dead and Spyro. Both for me are great. Wish we could get remasters of the original 3 Tomb Raiders. But I guess that will never happen.

I also recently bought Strange Brigade.
user posted image

This is an interesting one. Indiana Jones meets the Mummy. (Then again, The Mummy 1999 was a rip off of Indy) laugh.gif
user posted image

Gameplay is a little rough in terms of aiming but its quite an addictive game to play.

I was tempted to get Fallout 76 but have only heard bad things. So I am a little surprised you like it so much Jedi.

Within the first week of its release, its already dropped in price to almost half! hmm.bmp

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 21 November 2018 - 02:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Well, I don't really base my opinion on the opinions of others. My friends tried to convince me not to buy Fallout 76 and sent me a ton of YouTube videos to back themselves up.

I don't listen to YouTube gaming reviews. A lot of them are biased and hated on Fallout 76 from the get-go. They also blindly praise RDR2 as being the best game ever... and I beg to differ.

It's not much different than the jerks that basically ruined Mass Effect Andromeda because they couldn't get over the ending of Mass Effect 3. Yes, I got into an argument with one of my friends about that. He hated Andromeda because of the previous title. That was his reason. Lame...... dry.gif

Andromeda wasn't a perfect game, but it was a solid title. Fallout 76 is also a solid title, but not for everyone since it's heavily based on online play. Eh... I just ignore the other players and do my own thing.

For me? I based my opinion on what game is the most fun to play... and so far, it's Fallout 76.

RDR2 pacing is too slow for my liking. But, that's just me... I understand that my preferences don't match up with everyone else's. But, it's okay. I don't care. I just like what I like.

I play the crap out of Fallout 4, so does it really surprise you that I like Fallout 76 so much? XD

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 21 November 2018 - 03:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

If I have offended you,then I apologize Jedi. I was just surprised that yours was the only praising review of the game. Everybody else literally tore it apart.

I do not watch the YouTube reviewers either. There is one however I don't mind "Before You Buy". They are usually neutral.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 21 November 2018 - 04:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Nah, you didn't offend me denizen. lol It takes a lot more than that to offend me.

I've just had to put my foot down a few times with my friends on the matter. But don't worry, you're good. smile.gif Sorry if I sounded a bit too harsh... it's been a HELL of a week so far.

I've got three days off after today, so I'll do some streaming of Fallout 76 and Spyro... maybe some RDR2. lolz

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 21 November 2018 - 07:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

They also blindly praise RDR2 as being the best game ever... and I beg to differ. RDR2 pacing is too slow for my liking.

They say that about every game that lives up to the expectations whether it's RDR, GTA or Uncharted. Yet I like to think so too. If it's fun, if it's smooth, it's good in my book. But yeah, I heard that RDR2 is going to be even larger and RDR was already humongeous. I just hope there aren't going to be too many charlatans in the game like in the first. It was like everyone was trying to screw you over. The first game, but pretty much every game I played from Rockstar has this problem, kinda had the annoying thing about clearing gangs hideouts for money over and over and over again or the same prisoner from the prison wagon escapes. That sort of kinda interrupts the main gameplay in my opinion. You can always ignore, but the first time I played, I felt obliged to play. That's a downside to a pretty much awesome game.

Wish we could get remasters of the original 3 Tomb Raiders. But I guess that will never happen.

The original Tomb Raider had been remastered as Tomb Raider Anniversary. Then again, that's also been like 12 years ago.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 22 November 2018 - 04:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Well, it just bugs me that people kinda hopped on the hate train for Fallout 76. It's not as bad as the reviews claims it is. Also, the reviews just sound like they wanted to piss on something, so they grabbed something to complain about out of the air.

Stuff like "it has conflicting ideas" or "it's a buggy mess" or "the game is soulless". None of those statements are even remotely true. =P Granted, there is plenty about the game I don't like and I wish they had done better, but it's really a lot of fun!

It's much more creepier than previous titles too since the game includes a lot of stuff from the Mothman legends of that area. I've run into some pretty creepy locations in the game. My base is across from a set of haunted cabins. You can hear a scream in the background, which nobody really seems to know what that's all about yet. The cabins shake and pictures move on their own. Definitely supernatural.

I just put my base there because I'm next to a log pile. XD It regenerates after a while, so I can get more wood.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 November 2018 - 07:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I read that Alone In The Dark Inferno was considered only an average game or overrated while it was not so bad at all. I had a great time with it and The New Nightmare is not so bad either. It's fairly easy. I love it that while you wandering through a dark mansion you can hear the thunder outside. A great detail for a PS1 game.

Again, this proves, you gotta see things for yourself and never ever go down on reviews.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 26 November 2018 - 02:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I'm so low-balled by the New Nightmare. I'm out of ammo, I can't get to the rocket launcher and other bullets because of big plant like the ones you see in Jumanji. I can't shoot down the kerosene lamp to kill it. It's the only place I have ammo left to take on the boss in library. I can still play some part of the game but I need that ammo. There are some zombies here and there too and there seems to be no decent cheats for the PS1 version. I think I have no other option but to start all over again from the beginning. I was nearly halfway.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 9 December 2018 - 04:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Still playing Fallout 76, though I did take a short break from it. I'm actually in the process of trying to find people to play with. It's hard to play that game on your own. I'm just shy of Level 20, and the game is still rather hard at times.

I can't use power armor yet either. I have to be level 25, which is lame. dry.gif

I did come across Deathclaw Island and got owned by three deathclaws.... whoops.

I also got Sims 4 Seasons for Cyber Monday as it was 55% off. I've been playing a LOT of that lately too.

I do need to find people to play Fallout 76 with though. D:

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 9 December 2018 - 12:45 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:ETSS, Partners

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 9 December 2018 - 04:56 AM)
Still playing Fallout 76, though I did take a short break from it. I'm actually in the process of trying to find people to play with. It's hard to play that game on your own. I'm just shy of Level 20, and the game is still rather hard at times.

I can't use power armor yet either. I have to be level 25, which is lame. dry.gif

I did come across Deathclaw Island and got owned by three deathclaws.... whoops.

I also got Sims 4 Seasons for Cyber Monday as it was 55% off. I've been playing a LOT of that lately too.

I do need to find people to play Fallout 76 with though. D:

For Fallout 76 to PS4 and Xbox people mix or do you only play with your own console network?

"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 9 December 2018 - 03:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Unfortunately, it's not a cross-platform game, so you can only play on your console's network... which sucks.

I wish it was though because that would make life SO MUCH EASIER! lol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 9 December 2018 - 06:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 9 December 2018 - 03:42 PM)
Unfortunately, it's not a cross-platform game, so you can only play on your console's network... which sucks.

I wish it was though because that would make life SO MUCH EASIER! lol

ugh, that does suck! I have so many ps4 games to play and so little time!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 December 2018 - 03:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Well, I finished Alone In The Dark The New Nightmare too now for both Carnby and Aline. Great game and few great puzzles.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jen85
Posted: 10 December 2018 - 08:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Partners
Jacket:  Leather Biker

Love the Mass Effect Series and replaying Uncharted again from the start. Also been dipping in and out of Skyrim, looking forward to the next Elder Scrolls, providing I've got the time for it!

MacGyver: Two guys with bazookas blew up your cab.
Jack: They blew up my cab with a bazooka?
MacGyver: Two bazookas. But I can explain.
Jack: Bazookas? You can explain bazookas? YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN BAZOOKAS!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 10 December 2018 - 09:27 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Jen85 @ 10 December 2018 - 08:11 AM)
Love the Mass Effect Series and replaying Uncharted again from the start. Also been dipping in and out of Skyrim, looking forward to the next Elder Scrolls, providing I've got the time for it!

Uncharted 4 is to date my favorite game ever - I plan on replaying the first one and 2, 3 for the first time now... and lost legacy. (and like a million other games I never have time for! laugh.gif )

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 December 2018 - 10:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I still have Uncharted on my playlist. The first three anyway. Currently thinking of starting on Resident Evil 2 on PS1.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 11 December 2018 - 10:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Jen85 @ 10 December 2018 - 11:11 AM)

Oh yay! Another Mass Effect fan! I love that franchise...

Skyrim is fun too! I've play the hell out of that game. smile.gif

New trailers!!! biggrin.gif

Dragon Age 4 just got teased a few days ago. Makes sense because Dragon Age 2 is currently free on Xbox Live.

This looks AMAZING! Made by the same folks that made Until Dawn.

Probably a good time to play Resident Evil 2, MacGod. The remake is looking extremely good! I remember playing that game back in 2002-ish. RE3 Nemesis scared the living crap out of me though.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 December 2018 - 11:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

It's going to be on PS1 so I won't have those graphics. But after Brothers In Arms and two Alone In The Dark games, I'm going to take a little break from gaming for now. I still intend to play RE2 this winter and maybe some other darker games like maybe finally the Batman-games or replay Alien Isolation.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jen85
Posted: 12 December 2018 - 12:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Partners
Jacket:  Leather Biker

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 11 December 2018 - 11:02 AM)
It's going to be on PS1 so I won't have those graphics. But after Brothers In Arms and two Alone In The Dark games, I'm going to take a little break from gaming for now. I still intend to play RE2 this winter and maybe some other darker games like maybe finally the Batman-games or replay Alien Isolation.

Resi 2 is a good game though I haven't played it for years and the graphics weren't too bad for a PS1 game from what I can remember, you'll have fun playing it either way! The remake is looking fab though. happy.gif

MacGyver: Two guys with bazookas blew up your cab.
Jack: They blew up my cab with a bazooka?
MacGyver: Two bazookas. But I can explain.
Jack: Bazookas? You can explain bazookas? YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN BAZOOKAS!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 12 December 2018 - 02:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

I never had a PS1, I started at PS2 - and played Original NIN and Sega genesis before that - sad.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 12 December 2018 - 03:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I had a PS1 for about a year before the PS2 came out. I got it mostly because of Jedi Power Battles. XD Man, I loved that game.

Resident Evil 2 is easily one of my all time favorite games. Ever notice the RPD building doesn't have any bathrooms? XD

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 14 December 2018 - 03:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

It has been years since I played that game. Last time I got pretty far as well but no, I don't remember it didn't have bathrooms. It has a great lobby with a great theme over it. I remember a hallway where that tongue-monster jumps through the mirror window and a door that leads to a room full of zombies and of course the dying officer.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 14 December 2018 - 06:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

It's been a super long time since I've played anything before Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 2 has amazing ambiance, especially it's soundtrack. I remember during the exploration, one of the tracks had this *thump* in it and every time I heard it, I would jump. The tension was so good in that game. I also loved how much replay value there was to that game. I added the timestamp of that part in the track so you know what I mean.

I played both scenarios for both Leon and Claire. Leon is still my favorite character, even though they've butchered his character since RE4. =p

I know I've geeked out about this in the past, but I found an interview with Paul Haddad who voiced Leon in that game, and he mentions his role on MacGyver. The interview can be found HERE

I know some people don't like watching things they've acted in, but if you have seen things you've done, has anything that your voice has been used for actually made you cringe?

What I usually cringe at is my Television work. I did an episode of Macgyver (1991) called "Jerhico Games". I played a russian hockey player named Nikolai who learned to speak english watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I was pretty goofy in that one.

If there's one thing that I geek out a much as I do MacGyver, it's Resident Evil. I dunno why I love that franchise so much, but I just do. If you ever look at Leon Kennedy personality profile, he's actually supposed to be a MacGyver type character anyway. He's supposed to be a genius (according to Ada Wong in RE4), idealistic and resourceful. He was actually designed to be a different character than Chris Redfield... more brain than brawn type of character. My sister and I made that connection a LONG time ago, especially considering that Leon drives into Raccoon City in a Jeep Wrangler to boot. XD

So, long before I was even a big time MacGyver fan, we joked that MacGyver was Leon's hero.

See what you did MacGod? XD You opened pandora's box....

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 15 December 2018 - 06:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

This will be a fun game to play during the coming cold winter nights.

So Paul Haddad voiced Leon? That's awesome. For me he's still Nikolaï with the Russian accent. You might be surprised who does what if you check their filmographies out. Bruce McGill for example voiced Simon Turner in Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine and Kai Wulff did nothing but voice work for videogames ever since 1999 until now, mostly war games: Medal of Honor, Call of Duty... but also Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb and Tomb Raider 2013.

This is more my favorite track in the game.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 15 December 2018 - 07:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Yeah, I noticed that. I think MacGyver was the "it" show to be on during that time. Kinda like what Supernatural is now.

Also, let's not forget that RDA did voicework in the original Fallout game as Killian Darkwater. That cracked me up too because all I saw was... Jack O'Neill. XD

But Paul Haddad will always be Leon Kennedy to me and his somewhat whiny "why doesn't anyone listen to me" quote. XD I actually like Paul Mercier better, who voice Leon in RE4.

Oh, a tip... if you don't pick up any items in the beginning of RE2 (use your ammo sparingly), Brad Vickers will spawn at the RPD building as a zombie. If you kill him, you'll get a special key that will open a locker. Depending on who you play as, it will give you a special outfit. I actually have a Claire Redfield action figure in her special outfit from that game.

Here's how you find him, if you want to get the key.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 15 December 2018 - 08:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I'm sort of a pick it all up, looking in every corner of the game guy, but thanks for the tip though.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 15 December 2018 - 12:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Yeah I am too. It's one of the reasons I don't like playing multiplayer or co-op games. If there's like collectables or something, I want to explore and look around so I can find it. I have some friends that are impatient and will run ahead and move the game forward when I'm not ready.

Besides, my game style is VERY casual. I'm not a strong player at all. lol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 16 December 2018 - 07:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I'm just a single player. I want to finish the game.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (35) « First ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll