Disclaimer      

All stories in this forum are the intellectual property of the respective authors. These works may not be copied or re-presented in any way what-so-ever with out the express permission of the respective author of the work. These writings are written for the enjoyment of fans and are not intended to infringe upon any copyrights or trademarks owned by Paramount Studios, agents of, or persons authorized to act on behalf of.

Please read the Fan Fiction Rules before posting your fiction.

>> Fan Fiction Index <<

To Have and to Hold, My "random Murdoc story" expanded
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacsMinx
Posted: 7 June 2018 - 05:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Pilot (intro v.o.), LTOA
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors
House:  Observatory

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 6 June 2018 - 11:52 AM)
"It's true, MacGyver," Murdoc responded, now staring into Mac's eyes, "Sam is my future brother-in-law, and I guess... Well, if your son is my brother... Hello, Dad."

"Oh, sweet honey iced TEA!" MacGyver yelped, now actually gagging.

roller.gif roller.gif roller.gif I love it! thumbsup.gif roller.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 7 June 2018 - 09:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft

Me too! roller.gif roller.gif roller.gif roller.gif laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 8 June 2018 - 11:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
House:  House boat

Thanks guys. Lol, Mac is the guy who said, "I don't give a rat's pajamas about the money!", so... roller.gif

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 10 June 2018 - 03:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Okay, so chapter 8, a favorite chapter of mine. Murdoc's softer side really comes into the story here. But then I am a hopeless romantic tongue.gif

Murdoc and Jack were left at the tree, hanging out in the shade. They both grew restless, and started pacing while they waited for Mac and Sam to return. They were both several yards away from the tree when they heard screaming. They both turned and ran back towards the tree, then stopped, horrified, when they saw the scene in front of them.

Ashton was backed up, as far against the tree as she could get, and was completely surrounded by rattlesnakes. The disturbance caused by the helicopter had woken up a whole den of them, and the five of them had been sitting right on top of their den this whole time. The rattling had woken Ashton up, and now she was completely surrounded, with no way out.

Murdoc froze up, absolutely terrified. He was petrified of snakes, and of losing his sister. Now both of his worst fears were staring him in the face. He knew he should move, get her out of there, save her, but he couldn't even move. His heart was pounding so hard it hurt, and his blood ran cold.

Jack, on the other hand, tried to help. He picked up a large leaf, and tried to use it to distract the snakes. Unfortunately, it didn't help much. It distracted them a bit, but didn't cause them to fall back, away from Ashton.

"Murdoc," Jack warned, "You need to get in there and get her out of there. I can't do it with only one good arm. I'll try to keep them distracted. What are you waiting for?"

"I-I-I- no, Dalton. I can't, I can't... No, I won't! There has to be, has to be another... another way!" Murdoc stammered, practically groveling.

"Please! Get me out of here!" Ashton yelled, sobbing. Apparently, Murdoc's fear of snakes ran in the family, though Murdoc clearly had the worst of it.

"Look, if you want to save her, you have to move," Jack lectured sternly, "Unless you want to wait for Mac and Sam to come back, and I think that will be just a little too late, don't you?"

Murdoc winced. He couldn't remember ever being so scared, not when he thought Ashton had died in the avalanche, not when he faced a pit of snakes to get to Ashton when Helman captured her before, not even when his parents died, and left him all alone and defenseless. He wasn't used to fear. He didn't really fear death, but he couldn't bear to even think about what would happen if he got bitten.

But he had no choice, not if he wanted Ashton to live. Last time he had to deal with snakes, MacGyver had carried him across, and he had just sat on his shoulders. It had been downright humiliating, for both of them, but it worked. MacGyver wasn't able to carry him this time, though. He would have to man up, and face his fears head-on. He didn't think he could.

One angry rattler made the decision for him, though. It ignored the leaf Jack was waving, and struck out, biting Ashton's leg.

"Ashton!" Murdoc screamed, and before he knew what he was doing, he lunged, dodging angry rattlers, ignoring their hissing and rattling, his sole focus on his sister. He felt the snakes strike at his ankles, but he ignored them, and before he knew it, he had reached her. He swooped down and grabbed her up, and plowed through the snakes again, carrying her all the way. As he plunged through, he gradually became more aware of what he was doing, but he pushed it aside, and charged, until he was finally several yards away from the rattlesnakes.

"What's going on?" he heard MacGyver ask, followed by Sam's voice screaming Ashton's name. Murdoc dropped her, and fell to the ground himself, before passing out under the bright sun.

"Murdoc? Murdoc! Wake up already!" MacGyver yelled irritably.

Murdoc groaned, and opened his eyes, then squinted against the bright sun. "Ashton?" he asked, terrified at what MacGyver might say.

"She's fine. She got lucky. Those weren't rattlesnakes. They were gopher snakes. They're non-venomous. She still has a nasty leg wound, but she'll be fine." MacGyver answered, with a raise of his eyebrows, "I hate to admit it, but that was pretty heroic, charging in there like that. Maybe there's some hope for you after all."

"How am I all right?" Murdoc demanded, "Several snakes bit at my ankles. Shouldn't I have leg wounds too?" He flinched, but didn't feel any pain in his legs, which confused him.

"Murdoc, use your head!" MacGyver persisted, "You're wearing leather boots, remember? No gopher snake could bite through that!"

"If they're not poisonous, and I didn't get bitten anyway... Why did I pass out?" Murdoc asked, confused.

"You fainted, Superman," Jack answered, smirking, "But you saved her life. I give credit where credit's due. Doesn't mean we're friends."

Murdoc didn't respond. He was trying to let it all soak in. Then he noticed his sister. She was limping a bit, and Sam tried to help her. MacGyver walked over, and supported her left side, while Sam supported her right side. MacGyver had cut the sleeves from his and Sam's shirts to make a bandage, which was wrapped tightly around Ashton's leg.

"Normally a snake bite shouldn't be bandaged," MacGyver explained, "Leaving a puncture wound covered leaves in moisture, which makes it susceptible to infection. But our surroundings also make infection a risk, so we should try to protect it for now.

"We need to get out of here," MacGyver continued, "Helman's on his way. He must have flown right over us without noticing. But he saw our plane. He's sure to come looking, and I don't think we should be here when he comes."

"I'll carry her," Murdoc offered, and before anyone could say anything, Murdoc had picked Ashton up, and he carried her along as they trekked on.

Later that night, they were forced to rest again. The desert had gotten pretty cold once the sun went down, and Ashton's health was worsening because of it.

"I think her leg might be getting infected a bit," MacGyver explained, "It's only to be expected, though we need to be careful. We need to keep her warm."

They didn't have much choice but to use the matches that MacGyver had on hand to light some brush they had found nearby, though they were all worried that the fire would draw Helman's attention.

"I'll stay up," MacGyver offered, "Someone needs to watch for Helman." He hated to be on the run like this. It wasn't in his nature to give in, but for the moment, they didn't have much choice.

"I'll stay up too," Sam added in, "Someone needs to watch Ashton." He stared at his sleeping fiance with a tender, loving gaze.

"Me too," Murdoc said, and before anyone could respond, he had moved over to sit next to her.

"Well, I'll sleep," Jack said, lying down and pulling his pilot's cap over his eyes, "And try to forget about the money I'm not going to get for a job I can't complete."

Several hours later, MacGyver heard something. He thought of Helman, but then realized the grunting was coming from Ashton. She was still asleep, but clearly miserable.

"What's wrong with her?" Sam asked, worried.

"Nightmares," MacGyver answered, "Poor girl's having nightmares in response to her leg wound. It's only to be expected." He glanced over her shivering form sympathetically.

Murdoc moved closer to her, and cradled her head in his arms, stroking her hair back with one hand. Then, much to MacGyver and Sam's surprise, he started singing to her.

Sleep my child and peace attend thee,
All through the night
Guardian angels God will send thee,
All through the night
Soft the drowsy hours are creeping,
Hill and Dale in slumber sleeping
I my loved ones' watch am keeping,
All through the night

He sang the rest of the song quietly, cradling Ashton's head the whole time. She gradually calmed down, and slept peacefully.

Murdoc stopped before the last verse, and shook his head, "No matter how many times I try, I never could remember that last verse."

"Wow, that was, umm, really something, Murdoc," MacGyver said warily, "I didn't know you could sing, much less something so... tender."

Murdoc, snorted, trying to look disinterested, "I actually prefer Rock and Roll, but I had to care for her by myself after our parents passed." He sighed, and a brief look of sadness passed over his face, "I used to sing that to her, and it always stopped her crying. But I just didn't have what it takes to raise a child. The last time I sang that to her was the night before I dropped her off at the doorstep of the Social Service building." He suddenly sniffed, and he looked like he was trying not to cry, "I always said I'd look after her, and I did, but when those snakes showed up... MacGyver, if the snake had been poisonous, would she still be okay?"

"Well, she'd definitely be in worse condition than she is now. I can't say she'd be able to wait for medical treatment. But she's going to be fine, so don't worry about what could have been," MacGyver answered, feeling weird that he was trying to comfort Murdoc. And I'm doing a terrible job at it, too he realized, as he saw Murdoc's face.

I'm such a coward Murdoc thought to himself I couldn't even move until it bit her. If it really had been a rattlesnake "... I...I...I failed her." Murdoc whispered, hardly realizing he had spoken aloud.

"Stop that," MacGyver lectured, "Things happen, but this turned out okay. Fear can be hard to work past. Especially when you thought that they were poisonous. I would have been scared too." He winced as he said it. He didn't mind admitting he got scared, but to Murdoc?

You work past fear all the time, MacGyver, yet you do it effortlessly, Murdoc argued, though in his head, You put other's needs above your own, and above your fears... I just can't do that! He looked down at Ashton, and blinked hard at the tears in his eyes, Not even for the one person who means more to me than anything. Out loud, he said, "We both know I wouldn't have charged in there any sooner if I had known they weren't poisonous." He avoided MacGyver's gaze, trying to hide his humiliation. He had always wanted to be known as a strong, untouchable, terrifying assassin, not a scared, emotional, weak failure of a man. But at the moment, the latter was all he felt like. Though he tried to hide his feelings, he knew MacGyver could tell how he felt.

MacGyver didn't answer. He didn't know how to. He was surprised Murdoc had even opened up to him, even a little bit, but maybe it just meant that everyone needed someone to talk to sometimes, even Murdoc. And it wasn't like he had anyone else to open up to.

"I'm going to go get some more brush," Sam said, getting up, "Coming Dad?"

MacGyver nodded, fully aware of what Sam was doing. Neither of them liked Murdoc, but they understood that he needed to be left alone with Ashton. Jack was asleep, so Mac and Sam were the only ones intruding.

After they left, Murdoc stroked Ashton's face, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..." He sobbed, not able to blink back the tears anymore.

"It's okay, you can stop blaming yourself," Ashton answered, stirring.

"Ashton! Oh, uh... I'm all right. It's all..." Murdoc stuttered, turning red. He didn't realize she could hear him. He thought she had been asleep the whole time.

"Hey, don't try to hide it, bro. I know you've been beating yourself up ever since it happened. It's over now," she reassured him, resting her arm on his shoulder.

"Well, maybe you feel that way, but I don't. And I'm not used to feeling guilty about anything!" Murdoc grumbled.

Ashton didn't answer, but left her hand on his shoulder, giving it a squeeze. She had so many mixed feelings towards him. He was a killer and she hardly knew him. But he clearly had a heart, and he loved her so much, it was hard to hate him. Some feelings she thought are more jumbled up than a ball of yarn, more confusing than a 1000 piece puzzle.

Suddenly, a whirring sound filled the air, and a bright light blinded them. Mac and Sam came running back.

"It's Helman!" Murdoc snarled, hunching over his sister protectively.

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 11 June 2018 - 09:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Faith, Hope, and Charity

You provide lovely insight into Murdoc's softer side...the one he doesn't care to admit he has! The whole snake scene was great and then the guilt he felt after it even though his love for Ashton caused him to overcome his fear of snakes if only for a few moments. LOL...and Jack is the only one who can sleep, and of course he's thinking about money!! Really tender moment when Murdoc sings lullaby to Ashton, and poor Mac just doesn't know what to do with any of this!! And you leave us with yet another cliffhanger!!

Jody~

"I've found from past experiences that the tighter your plan, the more likely you are to run into something unpredictable" ~ MacGyver (The Heist)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 11 June 2018 - 11:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. It's kinda hard to determine how to show Murdoc's soft side without going overboard.

Stay tuned for the final showdown! biggrin.gif

PM                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 11 June 2018 - 12:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

You did a good job!

Oooh! The final showdown!! Can hardly wait!!

Jody~

"I've found from past experiences that the tighter your plan, the more likely you are to run into something unpredictable" ~ MacGyver (The Heist)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 13 June 2018 - 11:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

And here's chapter 9, which, as I promised, is the final showdown. mad.gif But it isn't the last chapter, so stay tuned wink.gif

"We need to go!" MacGyver yelled, trying to dump sand over the fire, while Sam ran to wake Jack.

Murdoc picked Ashton up, "We'll never get out of here in time!" he yelled, nearly stumbling. The only light showing their way was coming from the dying flames, and the beam of bright light coming from Helman's helicopter. The moon had been shrouded behind clouds.

The helicopter swayed as it landed, several feet away from them. Helman jumped out, "Don't bother running! I'll always find you!" He yelled, holding a giant flashlight, bright enough to illuminate their whole camp.

"How did you find us, anyway?" Murdoc yelled, trying not to panic.

"You remember where you got that hoodie?" Helman sneered, amused.

"Oh, of course!" Murdoc groaned, wanting to facepalm, but unable to with Ashton in his arms.

"Why, where'd you get it?" Sam asked, confused.

"Helman gave it to me when I first got recruited to H.I.T.," Murdoc explained, "and I'll bet anything he put a tracker in it."

"Bravo, Murdoc, have a cookie," Helman sneered, chuckling, "I passed you guys over the first time, but when I found your crash site, I saw your footprints, or at least the ones that weren't blown away by the wind currents my helicopter's blades caused. Then I simply went this way again, albeit more carefully. And it looks like my trouble paid off!" He cackled, throwing his head back madly, "And revenge will be mine! I was kicked out of H.I.T., but even if they don't take me back, I'll get recognition in every criminal organization after this! Soon, I'll be in power again, and no one will be able to take it from me again!"

"Great. Just great. I do a friend a favor, and now I'm on my deathbed," Jack grumbled.

"Nice to know you see it from my end, for once," MacGyver couldn't resist chiding, though his eyes were locked on Helman.

"Why do you need all of us?" Murdoc questioned, trying to sound reasonable, "I'm the important one here, after all. And someone will have to tell of your exploits. Who better than those four?"

"Oh, my exploits will be told," Helman explained, "I'll bring your bodies back with me! I'll keep them hidden, where no one can trace them back to me. I'll photograph them, and use the photos as proof of my achievements. When the big criminal leaders see the photos of you -or what's left of you- they'll be convinced that I'm just as capable as I always was. Even more than they thought. No one will ever dare underestimate me again!"

"Don't you think that's just a bit morbid?" Jack asked.

"Did you just meet the guy?" MacGyver snapped back.

"Well, yeah, I did... just meet him," Jack pointed out.

The first rays of dawn were starting to form in the overhead sky, and the moon had completely disappeared, the sun now in charge of most of the light, though the fire they had going was still smoldering a bit. Helman turned off his flashlight, then pulled something else out of his helicopter.

"He's got a flamethrower!" Sam yelled, cowering.

Before anyone could do anything, MacGyver suddenly threw something at Helman's back. The coat he was wearing caught fire, and he was forced to shrug it off quickly, and run off as his flamethrower exploded, which sent burning debris towards the helicopter.

"Run!" MacGyver yelled, as the helicopter was about to blow up. They ran as far away as they could, and ducked down, just narrowly avoiding getting blasted by the explosion.

"What the heck did you throw at him, Dad?" Sam asked, bewildered.

"I crumpled up some leaves, and caught them ablaze from what was left of our fire," MacGyver explained, "Then I threw them at the fuel tank in the back of his flamethrower. I don't think he'll be getting any other weapons from his helicopter either," he added, glancing at the burning craft.

"I remember you doing something like that when I attacked you with my flamethrower," Murdoc commented, impressed.

"You think you've beaten me, but you've only served to anger me!" Nicolas yelled, waving his arms threateningly. He pulled a small handgun out of his pocket. It was all he had left.

"Go!" Murdoc yelled, "Save Ashton! Save yourselves! I'll handle Helman!" Before anyone could respond, Murdoc dropped Ashton and threw himself at Helman, barely managing to avoid getting shot as he tackled him to the ground.

The four of them stared, too surprised to move, as Murdoc and Helman wrestled around, each struggling for possession of the gun.

"Keep Ashton safe, Sam!" MacGyver yelled, right before he jumped into the mix himself. He dodged the chaotic jumble, and grabbed Helman's gun, then tossed it as far as he could.

The two trained hitmen stopped struggling, surprised at Mac's intervention. Helman snarled at MacGyver and pushed Murdoc off of him. "You're not going to beat me that easily!" Nicolas snapped, lunging towards Mac. Mac tried frantically to counter Helman's advance, but was nearly knocked over by the sheer force of the attack.

"Oh no you don't! Get your hands away from my dad!" Sam roared, trying to rip Helman's hands away from his dad's throat.

"Sam, I told you to stay with Ashton!" Mac sputtered, as Helman's grip choked him.

"Oh, so you want to tangle with a dangerous guy like me?" Helman taunted, "Leaving a man with only one good arm to protect a girl with only one good leg? How amusing!"

"You seem to have forgotten that it's three against one," Murdoc countered, finally staggering onto his feet after Helman had pushed him away in favor of MacGyver.

"Yes, but you're bleeding," Helman smirked, "and I'm not."

MacGyver dared a glance in Murdoc's direction, and saw that Helman was telling the truth. Murdoc had blood pouring down his face, and he had one eye swelling shut. No wonder it took him so long to get back up MacGyver realized Helman packs a mean punch. But so can I! While Helman was distracted with taunting Murdoc, Mac took the opportunity to break himself from Helman's grip. As Helman started to turn around, Mac threw a hefty punch, heavy enough to bludgeon Nicolas off of his feet.

As Helman smashed into the ground, MacGyver cried out in pain, shaking his hand. No matter how many punches he threw, he never could manage to hit without hurting himself. And this was one nasty punch he had thrown. Fortunately, Sam was able to grab Helman, as his dad tried to stop the throbbing in his hand. But Sam wasn't nearly as big or strong as Helman, even though the latter had been knocked back a bit, and it was evident that Helman was going to break free.

"Watch it, I've got him," Murdoc called, helping Sam secure the evil ex-chairman, "MacGyver, you've got any duct tape?"

"Yes, I do. I always do," MacGyver replied, a little stunned at Murdoc's assistance. He moved over, between Murdoc and Sam, and used some duct tape to secure Nicolas's wrists.

"Yeah, go Mac! Go Sam!" Jack yelled, pumping his good arm into the air, while Ashton clapped next to him.

"I thought you'd be gone by now," Sam scolded, grinning widely despite himself, "I thought you'd run to safety."

"And miss seeing who won? Not a chance!" Jack laughed, "I knew you could do it!"

"Yeah yeah, you think you've won, but you haven't! You hear me? I'll be back, and you'll all wish you'd never been born in the same galaxy as me! Do you hear me? Murdoc! You'll get the worst!" Helman screamed, turning red in the face.

"Is that what your bumper sticker says, Helman?" Murdoc snarked back, feeling quite proud. Even if he had some help, taking down Helman was quite an accomplishment, and he didn't care who knew how big-headed he felt over his victory.

**********************************************************************************
After they trekked on for a couple more hours, they heard some sounds coming over the dunes.

"Is that the rescue party finally?" Jack asked, quickening his pace.

"No," Helman replied, smirking, "That's my rescue party!"

"No," Ashton whispered, as several figures appeared, heading towards them, "We'll never beat them all!"

Murdoc swallowed hard. He wasn't friends with MacGyver or Sam or Jack, but he knew he had to protect Ashton. And he believed that she deserved some kind of family, even if it was his arch-enemy. And that meant there was only one thing he knew he could do, "Go," Murdoc said, refusing to look any of them in the eye, "It's me they want. I'll keep a hold on Helman. You need to run. Get Ashton out of here, save yourselves!"

"Looking to be the hero, are we?" Helman snickered, "I always knew you were pathetic, Murdoc."

"No, don't. Murdoc-" Ashton started, but Murdoc held up a hand, silencing her.

"I'll be fine. Go, before they attack you too. I... love you, Ashton. I won't have you taken from me again," Murdoc replied, flinching a bit. He wished he could leave instead of fighting Helman's men. Not because he was afraid of them, but because he wasn't used to fighting for anyone but himself. This whole situation felt weird, and it made him very uncomfortable.

"Murdoc... Why? You hate MacGyver. You always wanted to kill him..." Ashton asked, confused as to why her brother was trying to save all of them instead of just her.

"You deserve to have your own family," Murdoc replied, before turning to look his sister in the eye, "And I'm not going to cut it. You deserve better. Better than loneliness. Better than having me as your only family." He turned, and pulled out Helman's pistol from his pocket, "I swiped this after MacGyver threw it away. I can do this, but you need to go, now!" He grabbed up Helman, and half ran, half stumbled towards where Helman's rescue team was coming in.

"We need to go!" MacGyver yelled, reluctantly pulling the other three along. He hated to leave all these hitmen in one place, but he had no choice, at least for now.

He scooped Ashton up, and they ran, leaving the oncoming armageddon behind them.

**********************************************************************************
After they had run for twenty minutes, they had been forced to slow down, gasping for breath. They hadn't seen or heard any sign of either Helman or Murdoc at all. They kept walking, half-expecting to have Helman and his goons attack them at any moment, but nothing came.

"Do you think he'll be all right?" Ashton asked suddenly.

"Murdoc? Yeah, he'll be okay," MacGyver answered, "He always is. How he survives I'll never know, but I'm sure he'll survive this, too."

Suddenly, they heard a whirring sound, and a helicopter appeared above them.

"That's it. We're dead," Jack sighed.

"It can't be Helman," Sam pointed out, "His helicopter exploded."

"It's not," MacGyver replied, his voice rising with excitement as the helicopter landed a ways in front of them, "I think it's the rescue team!"

Finally, they were saved.

PM                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 14 June 2018 - 08:37 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

Wow! That was quite a showdown. Definitely worth the wait! Hmmm, a tracking device in the hoodie...nice touch! And I love Helman's response: "have a cookie"! Just find it really funny for some reason! I loved Jack's comment about ending up on his deathbed and Mac's comeback...very true! Well done MacGyverism...blowing up the flamethrower and helicopter:) I totally love the fight scene and how everyone gets involved: Mac steps in to help Murdoc, Sam steps in to help Mac. Of course Jack is on the sidelines but I'll give him a pass 'cause he's injured. Poor Mac...he so needs to learn how to punch somebody without getting hurt himself, but that's classic Mac so I'm glad you included it boxing.gif Then Murdoc asks if Mac has Duct Tape? duct.gif DUH!!! Of course he does!! So now I'm glad they are getting rescued but I'm worried about Murdoc. As Mac said, he always ends up okay...hope so, cause he's really not as bad as everyone thinks he is!

Jody~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 14 June 2018 - 09:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Murdoc can survive. But you'll see for yourself on Sunday... ohmy.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 14 June 2018 - 09:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
House:  Loft

I can't wait!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 17 June 2018 - 05:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Here we have chapter 10, my other favorite. Also my mushiest chapter tongue.gif I'll post my final chapter on Wednesday.

"I do,"

It had been several weeks since the adventure in the Chihuahuan desert, and Sam and Ashton were getting married. Neither of them had many family members, so the congregation was small. It consisted of MacGyver, Pete, Jack, and Nikki. Pete couldn't see what was going on, since he was blind, but Jack was excitedly narrating the whole thing to him.

As Sam leaned in to kiss the bride, the four people watching erupted into cheers and applause.

"Well, MacGyver, how's it feel to have a new daughter-in-law?" Pete asked, grinning.

"I couldn't imagine a better daughter-in-law than Ashton," MacGyver answered, his face barely able to contain his smile. He had had his doubts, considering who her brother was, but Ashton was completely trustworthy, and not at all like Murdoc. They all knew that now.

"So, how long do you think it'll be before you're a grandpa?" Jack asked, looking enthusiastic.

"Whoa, now!" MacGyver replied, laughing, "I don't think I'm ready for that quite yet!"

"Well, I don't think it'll take too long before you are one, whether you're ready or not!" Nikki teased, smiling at Sam and Ashton, who were still lip-locked, and clearly infatuated with each other.

"I guess not," MacGyver said, smiling at his son and daughter-in-law.

"So," Nikki started, turning serious, "You have no clue what happened to Murdoc and Helman, huh?"

"No, we don't," MacGyver sighed. They had never found any bodies, but there were signs of injury. Blood had been left at the scene, and there was no telling who was injured, or how badly. Not that any of them had been surprised. It was too typical, for Murdoc to simply vanish after a fight, and it only made sense for Helman to be the same way.

"Hey," Sam called, coming over, "Why the long faces? It's an amazing day!"

"You're right, Sam," MacGyver replied, smiling again.

"Let's try to forget about Murdoc and just enjoy ourselves," Nikki suggested.

After the wedding, the gang was ready to head to the reception, which was being held at the Phoenix Foundation, of course. But after a few hours, Ashton said she needed to leave for a while.

"What's wrong?" Sam asked, worried.

"Nothing's wrong," Ashton reassured, "I just forgot something at the church. I'll go alone. You keep having fun. I'll be right back."

"Okay, if you're sure..." Sam replied, turning back to the refreshments.

"Here," MacGyver said, tossing the keys to his jeep in her direction.

"Thanks," Ashton replied, catching them. She headed out of the building, and got into Mac's jeep, and drove back to the church. It didn't appear that anyone else was there.

After she parked, she headed over to the church entrance, and waited until Murdoc emerged.

"Wha- Ashton!" Murdoc yelped, startled.

"I kinda figured you'd be here," she responded, smirking. She glanced at the video camera tucked under Murdoc's arm, "You didn't want to miss the wedding, did you? You set that up to record the whole thing!"

"I... No, I didn't," Murdoc answered, avoiding Ashton's gaze, "I didn't want to miss it, I mean. I did set this up to record, yes. Ashton, I know you don't want anything to do with me, but that doesn't mean I feel the same way. Ashton, you're my sister, and I love you a lot. Please, at least understand that!"

"I do," Ashton answered carefully. She hesitated before adding, "Why, Murdoc? Why did you make the choices you did? You say I'm the only good you have left in your life, but you always acted like killing MacGyver was the only thing that kept you going. At least that's what Helman told me."

"I though that killing MacGyver was my main goal in life," Murdoc answered, still refusing to look his sister in the eye, "And it was, especially after I thought you died. But when I found out you were still alive... Well, all I knew was that I couldn't lose you again, even if I never got another chance to kill MacGyver. And now that he's your father-in-law... Well, I don't think I'll ever kill him, even if I do get a chance. Not when killing him would hurt you, too. Please don't reject me, Ashton. I don't expect to be a part of your life, but I can handle keeping myself away. What I can't take is being thrown out, like I'm nothing but rubbish!" His eyes started to water a bit, and he blinked hard, trying to keep his emotions in check.

"I hate to admit it, but I know how it feels, to be alone. To have no family to call your own," Ashton replied, feeling her own eyes water, "I never knew who my family was until Helman told me about you. I never knew who dropped me off at the Social Service building's doorstep, or who my parents were, or anything. I never knew who it was that was sending me that financial support all those years, either. I had a lot of foster families, but none ever lasted. I never could really call any of them my family. Then, when I found out about you, I started wondering if I was better off alone. I didn't want to be related to a killer, even though you really did care about me..." She stopped as a few tears rolled down her cheeks, and she rubbed at her eyes, trying to regain her composure.

"Your leg is better, I trust?" Murdoc asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yes. Thanks for getting me out of there. I know you were terrified, but I'm really glad you overcame it. I was so scared of those snakes myself. I can only imagine what it must have been like for you..." Ashton answered sympathetically.

"It was awful. The most horrible thing I've ever had to do, but it was worth it," Murdoc replied earnestly.

"And Helman?" Ashton questioned, though she feared the answer.

"That sick tyrant got away, but he was bleeding horribly," Murdoc answered, bragging a bit, "I got injured myself, but as you can see, I'm just fine. I shot that man with his own pistol!"

"And his goons?" Ashton persisted.

"When they saw me take down Helman, they backed down. They were nothing without their boss. Helman's new friends just aren't as good as H.I.T." Murdoc boasted.

"He might be back..." Ashton replied fearfully, "He wants revenge. I don't think he'll stop now!"

"He'll be back, but I'll handle him," Murdoc reassured her, "I'll leave you alone, but I won't stop watching out for you. I never did before, and I won't now. I know you feel like you have to call the police on me, but I'll be gone before they get here, so don't even try."

"I know," Ashton replied, "That's why my conscience isn't bothered by this meeting."

Murdoc shifted uncomfortably. He knew Ashton would never accept what he'd done, and he couldn't blame her a bit.

"Why, Murdoc?" Ashton asked again, "Why did you become what you are? Why are you so afraid to even try to change?"

"I'm not afraid. I just know I can't. After our mom and dad died, I had to support myself. Helman took me in, though I never told him about you. He started training me to do illegal things, but I had no idea it would eventually lead to murder. When I took my first life, Helman wouldn't let me feel any guilt. He told me all kinds of reasons why that person deserved to die. Eventually, most of my conscience was silenced, and I could kill without a second glance. I do still have a bit of a conscience, but not nearly as much of one as I once did.

"As soon as I started killing, I dropped you off at that doorstep. I kept tabs on you ever since, but I didn't want you to ever become involved in my lifestyle. I was the one sending you all that financial support, but that's the only contact I ever dared to make. I couldn't bear to have you reject me, which I knew you would do if you ever knew the truth!" Murdoc had to stop then, as he was becoming too choked up. Tears ran down his face, and he sniffed, feeling a sob catch in his throat.

Why is it, that one minute I'm as stoic as a rock, and the next I can't stop blubbering like a fool? Murdoc wondered, This mystery they call "family"... it really messes with your mind!

Ashton started sobbing herself, and before she knew what she was doing, she rushed over and wrapped her arms around Murdoc's waist, rubbing his back, trying to comfort him.

Murdoc hugged her back, still crying as they rocked each other. Suddenly, he heard a soft melody coming from his sister.

Hark, a solemn bell is ringing
Clear through the night
Thou, my love, art heavenward winging
Home through the night
Earthly dust from off thee shaken
Soul immortal shalt thou awaken
With thy last dim journey taken
Home through the night

"The last verse to the song..." Murdoc whispered, clutching Ashton tighter.

"I always wondered why I remembered hearing the first several verses to that song," Ashton said, smiling, "Look, regardless of what you think, it's never too late to change. Despite what you say, you're scared. You're afraid of failure. If you never try, you never have to acknowledge that maybe, it really is too late for you. But it isn't too late for you, and I know that no matter what, I'll always be here for you. Maybe not physically- my conscience still says that as long as you're still a killer, I have to turn you in if I can- but I'll always be ready to accept you back, as long as you're truly ready to change your ways. I believe in you, even if you no longer believe in yourself. And I love you."

Murdoc didn't respond. He couldn't. He was too stunned by her words. They reminded him of a time when he was a child, back long before Ashton had been born.

He had been only 6 years old, and he had been crying because some other kid had told him that he'd never be good enough to be part of his friend group. He had ran to his mother, and told her the whole story. "He's right, too!" he had sobbed, "I can't do anything right! I'll never be good enough for anything!"

"No, son," his mom had replied firmly, wiping the tears from his eyes, "You're more than good enough! You are an amazing person, and while you may never be part of that boy's group of friends, you will grow up to do amazing things. I believe in you, so never stop believing in yourself."

As Murdoc, in the present, felt Ashton's arms around him, he realized the loneliness that had enveloped him all these years was finally starting to fade, burning out under the moon that illuminated the two of them as they hugged, feeling each other's warmth through their clothes.

"Look, I have to go," Ashton said suddenly, "Sam will be wondering where the heck I am."

"Go," Murdoc replied, though he felt a pang in his heart. He knew they wouldn't be reuniting face-to-face again any time soon, and that it was for the best anyway.

"You know how to find me," Ashton said, smiling at her brother, "And I'll always keep an eye out for you. My door's always open if you want to truly give reformation a try."

"Keep looking over your shoulder," Murdoc chuckled, wiping the tears off of his face as he pulled back from their embrace.

Ashton smiled, and, as she headed for the jeep, she turned to take one last look at her brother, but saw that he had already vanished. With a sigh, she got into the jeep, started the engine, and drove off towards the Phoenix Foundation.

PM                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 18 June 2018 - 09:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

I wouldn't call this chapter "mushy". It's "touching", at least to me! I like that you jumped ahead in time to the wedding, etc. I can just hear Jack giving Pete a play-by-play...wonder how many editorials he stuck in there!! LOL...and Mac isn't ready to be a grandpa!

Well, of course they didn't find any bodies...it's Murdoc!! Very sweet that he video taped the wedding. The whole scene between Murdoc and Ashton was very well done. Provided a good sense of some type of closure as they calmly and honestly shared with each other. Also like how Murdoc recalled the incident with the mean kids and what his mother told him. Makes him all the more human! Great job as always!!

Jody~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 18 June 2018 - 10:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Thanks, my friend biggrin.gif I'll be back on Wednesday with the final chapter.

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 20 June 2018 - 10:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

And now, the final chapter. It's short, more of an epilogue than an actual chapter.

"Ashton! Where have you been? I was starting to think we'd have to send someone out to rescue you!" Sam chided, laughing as he saw his wife walking up towards the refreshment table, where he still stood.

"Yeah, sorry, I got stuck in traffic," Ashton replied, deciding not to mention her conversation with Murdoc, at least not yet.

"Well, hey, you're here now, so let's have some fun," Nikki suggested, nudging Ashton's arm playfully.

"I bet I can drink more punch than you can, Pete!" Jack challenged, cackling.

"Sheesh, will you grow up?" Pete grumbled, smirking despite himself.

"Yeah, if you're not careful, you'll hurt your arm again!" Mac scolded, gesturing towards the arm Jack had broken. It was doing better now, but was still healing a bit.

"Oh come on, Kemo Sabe! Who says Jack Dalton isn't careful?" Jack questioned, pretending to look offended.

"Uh, everyone?" they all replied simultaneously, laughing.

"Ouch. You wound me!" Jack whimpered, pretending to look hurt, but he couldn't bite back the smile he had on his lips, "So, have you two decided where you want to go on your honeymoon? I have a new plane... I can fly you there! No charge, it's on me!"

"Actually, we want to just stay here for now," Ashton answered, hugging Sam's arm as she spoke, "We've had enough of traveling for a bit. Sam will get a new job offering soon enough, anyway, and we'll do plenty of traveling then!"

"You sure? 'Cause I can take you anywhere you want! Anywhere at all!" Jack persuaded, trying to get them to bite.

"Oh, we're sure," Sam replied, "We need to get my dad used to being a father-in-law anyway, before we need to get him used to the idea of becoming a grandpa!"

"Oh, boy!" MacGyver responded, chuckling, "I hope you're not planning on having kids too quickly! I'm still trying to get used to the idea of being a dad!"

"Well, I get the feeling you'll make a great grandpa when we do have kids," Ashton praised, smiling broadly, "You already make a great dad, and father-in-law, and just a great person all-around. I can't imagine our future children having a better person to look up to!"

"Well, thanks Ashton," MacGyver replied, reddening slightly.

"Hey, is no one going to take me up on the punch challenge?" Jack asked, "Because I am raring to go!"

"Oh, Jack!" MacGyver grumbled, "Don't do something you're gonna regret!"

As he headed over to where Jack was already grabbing some punch, he had to smile to himself. Maybe his friends were a bit different, and maybe his daughter-in-law had a crazy brother, but he wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

And looking around, he knew they all felt the same way.

PM                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 20 June 2018 - 10:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

Awww, this was a lovely ending. Wrapped things up very happily and I *really* like that you got Jack back into the conversation! Also loved Pete's grumbly reaction:) Yep, Mac may have an odd sort of family (including friends) but they all love each other and that's the most important thing...even Murdoc is backing off! Great job!!

Jody~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 20 June 2018 - 10:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Thanks, Uniquelyjas biggrin.gif I have to say, for my first full-length fanfic, I'd say I did pretty good. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. happy.gif

PM                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 20 June 2018 - 10:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

Wow! That was your *first* full length fic?!?! Super great!! Of course, I've only been writing for a little over a year. I plan to post a couple one-shots on here eventually, but my energy has gone into two big chapter fics.

Jody~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 20 June 2018 - 11:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Yep, that was my first. smile.gif I'm currently working on another one, if I can just get the creative juices flowing, and stop getting distracted by YouTube tongue.gif

PM                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 20 June 2018 - 12:36 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

LOL...good luck!

Jody~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 20 June 2018 - 12:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Thanks! biggrin.gif

PM                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 20 June 2018 - 01:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

You're welcome!

In case you are at all interested, here is the link to my super-duper loooong Mac fan fic. Please don't feel obligated to read it, though. Chapter 30 has a bit of Murdoc in it;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12638327/1/Continuum

Jody~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 20 June 2018 - 04:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I bookmarked it. I'll definitely read it at some point, when I have more time. wink.gif

PM                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 20 June 2018 - 05:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

Cool!

Jody~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll