Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Anyone seen it yet?

What did you think?

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 June 2010 - 02:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

It was released here yesterday. I'm going to try and see it as soon as possible. Cinema season is open again. For what I have heard so far, Belgian magazines says it's good, internet says other things. Of course don't go down on other's opinions. But go to see it on your own expectations and don't set them too high.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
mrtape
Posted: 17 June 2010 - 05:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Red handled

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The flashback Western.
House:  Loft

The A-Team / Rated PG-13 for on-going scenes of violence, smoking and bad language.
After weeks of bad movies The A-Team was an A plus surprise. Finally a guy flick for guys with both brains and brawn. Just like me. My editor has pointed out that nerdy and chunky would be a little better description. TAT is great summer fun. Based on the TV show, which ran from 1/83 to 12/86 with one additional episode broadcast 3/87; the movie has surpassed the series in excitement. This is an assumption, as I don’t remember ever watching the series. TAT is a group of ex-Army Rangers who do covert missions needing smarts and violence to accomplish. Liam Neeson plays the leader taking up the TV role of George Peppard. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, a UFC fighter has picked up the role made famous by Mr. T. Mr. T became better known when he took on Rocky in Rocky 3. Or was it 4 or 5? TAT, the movie is a real thrill ride. While there is a story line, the movie relies on high speed beautifully staged action sequences to make its point. Its point is to show what a real macho film is all about. Nobody writes any weepy Letters to Juliet in this one. The bad guys are superbly evil and very capable. Jessica Biel plays the female tough guy trying to figure out what is going on. The film visits locations all over the world. They saved time and money by just shooting in Canada. Vet composer Alan Silvestri (Contact, Roger Rabbit and RR II now in the works and 100 plus other scores) cleverly adapts Mike Posts well-known A-Team TV series theme and extends it to meet his own visions. The script is crisp and funny. The story moves with a lightning like pace. Only one cheap movie trick, which is about as hard to see as a big ugly yellow bug on the windshield of your car, is the only drawback in the action packed story line. Don’t wait for the DVD. Check this one out in the theater. On second thought a BluRay disk of TAT and a couple of beers will go together like Mike Hammer and a .45. The A Team is definitely not a B movie.
Rated 3.5 out of 4.0 reasons I pity the fool who misses this one.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver and Magnum, pi
Posted: 30 June 2010 - 05:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

The A-Team is one of my favorite shows (along with MacGyver and Magnum, pi obviously). I think some scences from the movie are a bit corny but overall I would say that the writers did a good job a updating the TV show to appeal to todays audiances.

MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 July 2010 - 01:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
House:  House boat

Well, I saw it last night at the movies and I thought it was great. Interesting way of showing how The A-Team was formed in the first place and what that 'crime' was 'they didn't commit'.

The chemistry between the actors was great. Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper were for me the most interesting to see and act. The actors who played B.A. and Murdock were also great. Humor was good but the action was perfect. To my surprise the movies was produced by the Scott brothers (Ridley and Tony).

Anyway take your shot now. The movie doesn't slow down anywhere and there's a good variation in the action and non-action sequences. You wanna fill a boring Saturday night, grab your guns and your van and hit the theaters for evening full of joy and fun.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll