Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

get someone else to try playing it on their player.. or if your computer has one, play the disk in that and see if it still freezes.

That'll tell you straight away where the problem is.

The only problem you should ever have with a DVD is surface scratches. There are exceptions such as extreme temperatures/humidity and things like that, which could interfere with the recorded media, but they certainly shouldn't have any wear or tear issues like video tapes do.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 3 November 2007 - 09:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

Thank you for the advice, Rock. I'll have to give it a try.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
macphoen
Posted: 5 November 2007 - 04:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Jacket:  Brown bomber

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 31 October 2007 - 11:20 AM)
*Conducting research.... *  tongue.gif

The disc in introduced with a CBS DVD logo.

At the end of both movies there is a copyright by Paramount Pictures, then a Gekko Film Corp Production logo, followed by Winkler/Rich Productions, and finally ends with an association with CBS Paramount Television.

Thanks Lothithil.

I contacted the CBS Store and received the following response from them:

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, I do not currently have any information regarding independent release of the two MacGyver reunion specials. However, we greatly appreciate customer feedback and I will share your interest in the show with our product suggestions team.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,
Jessica
Customer Service
CBS Store
www.cbsstore.com

Hi!  Do you have any plans to release separately the two 1994 reunion movies that were released as a "bonus disc" with the complete series set?  There are many fans like myself who are disappointed and upset that this was not released on either the final (seventh) season set last year or as a single separate release.  I very much would like to own these on DVD, but not at cost of re-buying the entire series.

Thank you for your time.

Chris

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 5 November 2007 - 05:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I wonder if Paramount sees the movies as a draw card to encourage people to buy the full set. If they do I can't see them releasing the movies separately.

Also the movies where not reunion movies. There's no link to the TV show at all with these movies other than the MacGyver character.

Sad but true.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted: 6 November 2007 - 07:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker

I guess I wrote to wrong folks. All I got was a canned response from Paramount. *sigh*

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 6 November 2007 - 10:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

nope. that sounds like Paramount all right.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 7 November 2007 - 12:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

So Loth...

The disks in the set are just the individual seasons packaged together in one box right?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 7 November 2007 - 12:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 7 November 2007 - 03:30 PM)
So Loth...

The disks in the set are just the individual seasons packaged together in one box right?

As far as I can tell... yes.

The selection of episodes that I've watched from the Complete Series Catastrophe appear to be identical to the individual season release sets.

cool.jpg Loth

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

Astra
Posted: 7 November 2007 - 02:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 7 November 2007 - 10:34 PM)
the Complete Series Catastrophe

laugh.gif is that an official term? rolleyes.gif

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 7 November 2007 - 05:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle

I think it goes along with Paramuck and Paramess.

Personally, I favour "The Complete Series Contraption" or possibly "The Complete Series Confustication".

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted: 7 November 2007 - 07:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
House:  Observatory

I'm also still curious about the "edited episodes" warning on the complete box set. Have you been able to figure out if there are any edited episodes? (Beyond that one scene in the "Pilot", that is)

Okay- well, then I'm still wondering what in the world the label on the box about "Some episodes may be edited from their original network airing" was all about. Is it possibly referring to music rights where stuff may have had to be replaced? But then, there's very little copyrighted (if any) music from MacGyver that I can think of that would need to replaced. I think most of the music used was either public domain or specifically written for the show.

But so far as you can tell, there's no scenes missing or anything so far. But there must be some reason for Paramount to put that warning on the box. I would definitely be interested in getting this set if only to have a copy of the TV-movies on DVD (which are very fun for me and worth owning- it'd be nice if Pete, Jack or Murdoc had shown up- maybe even another appearance of Sam, but Dana Elcar was truly the only other real cast member to reunite with- and I imagine at that point Mr. Elcar probably may not have been doing much acting. Oh well- they're still further MacGyver adventures, similar to some of the 1st. Season episodes or later Season treasure-hunting episodes.)
But before I get this complete set, I would really like to know exactly what has been edited on the set. Or does that warning mean that there's been edits on the individual Season sets all along that were never noted and that I just never realized?

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 8 November 2007 - 08:23 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (MacBeth @ 8 November 2007 - 02:24 AM)
I think it goes along with Paramuck and Paramess.

Personally, I favour "The Complete Series Contraption" or possibly "The Complete Series Confustication".

roller.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
macphoen
Posted: 8 November 2007 - 01:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyver @ 8 November 2007 - 03:39 PM)
I'm also still curious about the "edited episodes" warning on the complete box set. Have you been able to figure out if there are any edited episodes? (Beyond that one scene in the "Pilot", that is)

Okay- well, then I'm still wondering what in the world the label on the box about "Some episodes may be edited from their original network airing" was all about. Is it possibly referring to music rights where stuff may have had to be replaced? But then, there's very little copyrighted (if any) music from MacGyver that I can think of that would need to replaced. I think most of the music used was either public domain or specifically written for the show.

But so far as you can tell, there's no scenes missing or anything so far. But there must be some reason for Paramount to put that warning on the box. I would definitely be interested in getting this set if only to have a copy of the TV-movies on DVD (which are very fun for me and worth owning- it'd be nice if Pete, Jack or Murdoc had shown up- maybe even another appearance of Sam, but Dana Elcar was truly the only other real cast member to reunite with- and I imagine at that point Mr. Elcar probably may not have been doing much acting. Oh well- they're still further MacGyver adventures, similar to some of the 1st. Season episodes or later Season treasure-hunting episodes.)
But before I get this complete set, I would really like to know exactly what has been edited on the set. Or does that warning mean that there's been edits on the individual Season sets all along that were never noted and that I just never realized?

It's possible that this might not be edited. I asked this very question to "Numb3rs" co-creator Cheryl Heuton on TWoP.

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity....post&p=8735454

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 8 November 2007 - 01:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

the link doesn't work

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
macphoen
Posted: 8 November 2007 - 02:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 9 November 2007 - 09:53 AM)
the link doesn't work

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted: 8 November 2007 - 08:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

So the studios just slap this sticker on there "just in case", is that it? So basically, it's like a box of chocolates- you never know what you're gonna get!
The MacGyver complete series set might be totally unedited- but there's always that chance that some edited episodes may have slipped by?

Hmm- I wish Paramount would address the issue directly. (But then, there's a lot of things I wish Paramount would do in regards to the MacGyver series.) sad.gif

PM                                                                     
Kate Mackay
Posted: 9 November 2007 - 05:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Camper Red

Favorites
Episode:

Thanks for the pics, my friend. That is something to see. They got the liner notes and everything. So what I am about to say is NOT your fault, okay ?
But I think this attempt they call a presentation for the fans, is more like an attempt to quack off the fans. I mean, they should get their " act " together. To put the discs to match each other. To really PLEASE the fans, NOT quackING US OFF ! Make the disks match , FCOL ! And have more stuff than just the two movies !
I mean it took them all this time, they had an on - off relationship with the idea of HAVING the boxed-set. Then when they FINALLY bring it to us, . . .
Okay, I think I better go somewhere to calm down and to cool off . I will be back when that happens. But in the meantime . . . OOOOOOOooooh ! I wish I could just ring their necks for what they DIDN'T do !

Sincerely ( quacked ) ,
Kate Mackay

PMEmail PosterYahooMSN                                                                     
Old Fan
Posted: 11 November 2007 - 05:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Faith, Hope & Charity

I think there is a big line forming for just that purpose...

mad.gif jeep.gif

That which has been established will endure even with time and at a distance.

I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 15 November 2007 - 09:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyver @ 9 November 2007 - 05:33 PM)
So the studios just slap this sticker on there "just in case", is that it? So basically, it's like a box of chocolates- you never know what you're gonna get!
The MacGyver complete series set might be totally unedited- but there's always that chance that some edited episodes may have slipped by?

It would certainly give them the opportunity of re-using the edited versions of "thief of Budapest" and get away with it, wouldn't it.

I guess the phrase "complete series" only covers all the episodes being included in the set, not that the whole episode is included. dry.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted: 24 November 2007 - 02:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I just noticed that TVShowsonDVD.com has a review of the MacGyver Complete Series DVD set online.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/reviews/MacGyv...ete-Series/6863

I think it pretty much agrees with what we've been saying-

A+ for the MacGyver series,
F- for the way it was released. mad.gif sad.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 24 November 2007 - 03:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

one thing the review doesn't mention is that they seem to have used the left overs of 2 different disk sets (silver label and standard yellow label) which adds considerably to the overall cheap and nasty feel that they have just taken the already existing sets and thrown them into a cheaply made box.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
stooge4444
Posted: 1 December 2007 - 08:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Hey Everyone!!

Thank you very much Lothithil for the demo of the packaging (and everyone else's research) as I know it has helped everyone here.

I've been weary of these complete sets in recent times that have been released because I fear of their quality. I've been on a crusade recently to consolidate my movie/show collection by getting complete series/box sets. I had almost all SG-1 and only 3 Seinfeld seasons but they took up so much space. I bought both complete sets and I am very glad to have the space. The Seinfeld set is awesome with very good packaging and "stuff." The SG-1 set it just like this Mac set; the DVDs sit in cardboard sleeves. I think the Mac set is actually better because the discs are at least a little loose in the cardboard. The SG-1 set has a cardboard panel with four DVDs lined vertically and the discs rub right against the cardboard.

Now that I know how the Mac set is constructed (and how it's similar to the SG-1 set), I am not going to buy it. Even though, I really want the tv movies. The standard current sets barely take up any room right now anyway so that I don't think there's that much of a benefit.

Here's hoping that one day the mighty capitalistic studios will listen to us. On that note, are there any torrents for the movies? .....hehe, jk....wink.gif

~rbeeler
Name's STooGE$$$$ Valpurgius TNT; it's not PLURAL

"Are you saying you can make a bomb out of chewing gum"

"Why? You got some?"
151.Generally speaking Sludge Doomsters are Angry, Gothic doomsters are sad, funeral doomsters are barely breathing, death doomsters are dirty, drunk and dribbling, Stoner Doomsters don't care, drone doomsters are out of it and traditional Doomsters are permanently p.oed off, mainly with other doomsters

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 1 December 2007 - 10:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages

I have the complete series of Seinfeld, and I've noticed how much more "stuff"--extas, etc. they have in comparison to even the SG-1 discs and how much better they're packaged. I wish these TV DVDs were a little more equal in terms of extras and packaging. It still eludes me as to why they're not--okay--$--that's a huge factor. How disappointing, but inevitable and unavoidable, I guess. dry.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 2 December 2007 - 01:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (stooge4444 @ 2 December 2007 - 05:44 PM)
Here's hoping that one day the mighty capitalistic studios will listen to us. On that note, are there any torrents for the movies? .....hehe, jk....wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted: 2 December 2007 - 01:58 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad

I read your rant, for which I wholeheartedly agree! You should send that to Paramount!

As for the |t|o|r|r|e|n|t|s| for the movies , it is now illegal to download them now they a marketable product out. I got my movies way before Paramount released anything.

Ya know... I can probably guarantee that the 2 movies will be released. When, I don't know. It's all just so frustrating! Grr...

My local WalMarts (they're breeding!) are all sold out of the MacGyver sets. Probably for holiday gifts... I just wonder how many will complain when the gifts get opened... hmm.bmp

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

murdoc040
Posted: 28 March 2008 - 01:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Episode:Everyone

I have it and its the best thing I ever bought. Life is good now.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
kiwijem
Posted: 5 August 2008 - 02:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:The Stringer

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 29 October 2007 - 12:03 PM)
Finally, a picture of the 'Special Feature' disc, which contains both TV movies, 'The Lost Treasure of Atlantis' and 'Trail to Doomsday'. It is located behind the 7th season in the second index box:

*steals this disc*

Man, I soooooooo want the movies somehow!!! Does anybody know where I can get them from? I was so gutted when I discovered that, after ordering all of the seasons 1-7 boxed sets, online and waiting for them to be released and then sent to me ... that I can't get the movies unless I buy the series all over again!!! sad.gif How unfair is that?!! *cries*

sak.gif

"What's the craic?"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted: 5 August 2008 - 04:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker

QUOTE (kiwijem @ 5 August 2008 - 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (Lothithil @ 29 October 2007 - 12:03 PM)
Finally, a picture of the 'Special Feature' disc, which contains both TV movies, 'The Lost Treasure of Atlantis' and 'Trail to Doomsday'.  It is located behind the 7th season in the second index box:

*steals this disc*

Man, I soooooooo want the movies somehow!!! Does anybody know where I can get them from? I was so gutted when I discovered that, after ordering all of the seasons 1-7 boxed sets, online and waiting for them to be released and then sent to me ... that I can't get the movies unless I buy the series all over again!!! sad.gif How unfair is that?!! *cries*

sak.gif

Loth,

Have you checked on Ebay?

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 5 August 2008 - 06:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Episode:Serenity

QUOTE (Liz1976 @ 5 August 2008 - 06:19 AM)
Loth,

For... ?

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

Liz1976
Posted: 5 August 2008 - 11:03 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 6 August 2008 - 02:48 AM)
QUOTE (Liz1976 @ 5 August 2008 - 06:19 AM)
Loth,

For... ?

The 2 made for TV MacGyver movies. hmm.bmp

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll