Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Kung Fu Mama 4/6 , grannie made of steel

"Bronson Pinchot (yes that is Serge from Beverly Hills Cop) "

He played Balki from 1986-93

Seymour Cassel was on Batman , the Green Hornet cross over shows btw

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
just-a-fan
Posted: 17 August 2019 - 09:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Halloween 4 is underrated , i give it 4.5/6

Revenge 4/6 , with Joan Collins

Bravados 3/6 , found it boring

Kramer vs Kramer 4.5/6 , imo Deer Hunter is much much better

(Bruce Lee was gonna be a cop, movie set in Rome and co starring Sophia Loren , work title Drug Terror........his death was one of the most tragic in Hwood imo , so much potential. I think Chow killed him cuz he wanted to leave HK and triads were pissed)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 October 2019 - 07:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Terminator: Dark Fate.

The sixth movie in the Terminator franchise and a direct sequel to Judgment Day meaning you can ignore the third, fourth and fifth film. Directed by Tim Miller from Deadpool and produced by James Cameron starring of course Arnold Schwarzenegger but also coming back after a 28 year absence: Linda Hamilton.

There's actually not much I can say without spoiling too much but just when I thought I was going to disappointed to movie kicks in a higher gear and delivers quite the finale. Currently I would say 3 stars.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 October 2019 - 03:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Torpedo.

During World War II a group Flemish Resistance fighters receive a top secret mission of transporting important cargo to the United States by the means of stolen U-boat.

This is by far the best Belgian movie ever made in a totally new genre. I think this is even the first Belgian war movie. Belgian movies are mostly dark and gritty thrillers like The Memory Of A Killer, Dossier K (File K), Het Tweede Gelaat (The Second Face) Loft, Het Vonnis (The Judgement) or De Premier (The Prime Minister), all movies with Koen De Bouw who also has the lead in Torpedo. But we're in for a game changer with Torpedo.

Torpedo is pretty much Inglorious Basterds meets Das Boot with nods to Indiana Jones and The Abyss. And while the film is considered suitable for 12 year olds in Belgium this will be a hard R rated movie in the States. There are very violent and unforgiving scenes in this movie so be warned. But it would be a great candidate for Best Foreign Picture.

Also interesting bit of trivia the U-boat used in this movie is the same one from the movie U-571.

In case you are interested in this movie the movie is internationally known as U-235.

This movie gets a massive well deserved 4 stars.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 November 2019 - 04:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

King Solomon's Mines and Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold.

For those who made their homework knows what kind of movies these are. Trying to get a piece of the pie Raiders of the Lost Ark baked and even bringing in John Rhys-Davies these adventure movies are actually far from what Indiana Jones truly is.

Jesse Huston (Sharon Stone before stardom) hires Allan Quatermain (Richard Chamberlain) to find her father who is thought to be lost on an expedition to find King Solomon's mines. Her father has been captured by a German colonel who is doing business with a Turkish slave trader (John Rhys-Davies) during World War I. While tracking down Jesse's father, Jesse and Quatermain run in all the obstacles of the old fashioned adventure movies. Evil and cannibalistic tribes, crocodiles, lions, snakes, you name it, it's all there.

The film has been received quite poorly and was considered to be released too soon after Indiana Jones. Yet, the first movie at least tries in some way to do something with what they got and Richard Chamberlain and Sharon Stone are trying to have some fun with it after all it's supposed to be a satire on Indiana Jones, not a spoof though but the movie is meant for laughs.

The musical score was done by Jerry Goldsmith and he manages to make a rousing theme song that reminds of Indiana Jones without blatantly copying it and making it his own.

A sequel Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold was made a year later.

Quatermain and Jesse are now living together in Africa and planning to go to America to visit Jesse's parents when Allan receives a message of a dying man that his long lost brother is in the Lost City of Gold. Allan prepares to go look for him with an old friend and warrior Umslopogaas (James Earl Jones) and a so called spiritual guru named Swarma (Robert Donner, yes Wintergreen). During their journey through Africa they again face many dangers to find this Lost City where they find Quatermain's brother in peace with tribe but another vengeful tribe has set it's sights on the city and Allan, Jesse and his brother has to lead the people of the city into the final battle.

If you think the first movie did bad, try this one on for size. This was way worse then the first one. While the first one at least tried to have some fun, this one is going the deep end. It makes me wonder how Richard Chamberlain, Sharon Stone, John Rhys-Davies and James Earl Jones look back on these movies. They probably want to forget they ever made them. James Earl Jones even admitted he did it for the money and a trip to Africa.

Yes, these are B-movies but even in 1985-1987 these movies must've looked way outdated, as if these movies were made like 20 years too late. They might have belonged in the 60's.

The effects are sometimes horrendous. Punches and gunshots sound really old and some creatures are clearly handpuppets. I have seen older movies that withstand the test of time better. Then they try to make the film cool by using the theme song over and over again by almost everything Quatermain does in almost every scene. They would've even used it if he just entered a room or something.

And then there is Sharon Stone's acting. Like I said this was before her breakthrough and can't blame her for trying and she had to start somewhere. But one moment she's tough and the next she's hiding behind Chamberlain, while there is nothing to be scared about.

Apparently another sequel was planned but abandoned after the poor reception of this movie. And also in 2011 another sequel was planned by the same producer and Chamberlain even expressed interest of returning to the role.

What I do find interesting is that Indiana Jones is actually based on Allan Quatermain but that Allan Quatermain never had any succesful adaptation himself. Sure there are the 1937 and 1950 films, the latter with Steward Granger but any other adaption always seemed to have failed. Not even Sean Connery managed to do it for the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The only adaptation that seemed to have scored better is the 2004 miniseries with Patrick Swayze.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 15 November 2019 - 07:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Late kind of edit though but, I just found out Michael Greenburg was line producer on Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold. Apparently Greenburg was married to Sharon Stone at the time, though they got divorced a few years later.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 22 November 2019 - 04:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Seen The Hunger Games movies in the past week.

Unfortunately, I was not impressed at all. Maybe because I didn't read the books but it just didn't do it for me. Despite a great cast (especially Donald Sutherland amongst others), the movies were a letdown. It was more about the show around the Hunger Games then the actually games in my opinion.

The first two movies were pretty much the same. They waste the first halves or even the first 90 minutes about all the attention the new candidates get. They come on tv, they get a new wardrobe, they get trained, they're send out in the arena to kill everybody, that's it. It reminds me of the Japanese movie Battle Royale that uses pretty much the same plot, only in that movie it's more about teens killing each other in brutal ways set in the present times. Maybe they should've tried remaking that.

But the problem I had with basically all four movies is, this could've been way more epic. The first two and the fourth movie lasts 2,5 hours and there is not one moment in any of them where an action sequence lasts like 3 to the 4 minutes. It's always very brief and when things get going the scene is already over. There are no major battle scenes whatsoever in any of them! And even worse there are moments action has taken place but is not seen at all! In the third movie for example a rescue mission takes place, in which the team seems to be caught, the scene cuts and in the next moment we are with Katniss again and one of the characters comes in her room saying the team is back with the captives they went out to rescue. Euhm… how did they get out if they were about to be caught? Where is my epic action scene to show it for? And this happens more then once in the franchise. Also Katniss seems to be having a knack for going out, come back hurt and laying in a hospital bed, while all the action takes place without her. She practically misses the final battle, while the fourth movie was in my opinion the best one. She marches up to the mansion, gets blown away and the next moment the war is over. Why couldn't she just lead the troops into the palace and get to Snow herself? It finally had some action but it's like Katniss misses a lot of the events she's supposed to be the leader from. Also sometimes there seem to be odd time jumps. Like between the second and third movie it's unclear how much time has past yet Gale (Liam Hemsworth) shows up out of nowhere.

I've got the feeling that they didn't pull all the plugs with this one and that mostly the actors didn't have enough to do with what they got, yet they did their best, especially Jennifer Lawrence. I think Katniss Everdeen is a great and intriguing character but she deserved to be in better adaptations then this.

While I'm not much of a reader, I think the old saying does count this time: 'The books are better the movies.'

For all movies: 2,5 stars.

To Katniss: I salute you with my three finger symbol and the whistle of the mockingjay.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 November 2019 - 09:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

After The Hunger Games, I just had to see the Japanese Battle Royale movies.

Battle Royale.

Japan in the near future has gone down the drain. The country is facing massive youth criminality and the grown ups no longer knows what to do, so they invent games similar to the Hunger Games. A schoolbus full of teens are brought to a remote island where they are awaited by the military and their gym teacher. During their trip they were put to sleep and bombs were attached to their necks (It's not jewellery.) If they are not in a safe zone the bomb will go off. They are all given a backpack to survive three days on the island. Each pack contains a little food and water and a weapon. If you're lucky you have a gun, or a knife. If you don't, you might have a lid of a pan or something. They get 72 hours and there can only be one winner or else everyone dies.

The brutality in this movie (something Hunger Games was seriously lacking) lies in the fact that most of these kids were friends of each other and they are asked to kill each other off by any means necessary. Talking about testing your friendships.

This is one of those rare Japanese movies I can watch again, but preferably with years in between so I can get to rediscover the movie. Though not a horror movie this is one brutal action film involving kids not much older then 15. This is the actual Hunger Games. The movie was considered too extreme, even for Japan and they tried to ban the movie, which failed. A less violent version however was released. 4 stars.

Battle Royale II.

Three years have passed and the winner Nanahara of the first movie has started a revolution against grown ups, commiting terrorist attacks all over the world including America. While Nanahara hides on another remote island, the Japanese government send in a new group teenagers to take down Nanahara in another Battle Royale. Again these kids have no choice but to obey their government. This time packed and dressed as soldiers they are send off in boats to the island. Also this time they have bombs around their necks. They also have a partner along their side, if their partner dies, so will they.

While the game practically changes into a war game... (just think Bushmaster but then for real) the movie is almost equally as brutal as it's predecessor with lots of extreme and violent deaths involving teenagers. Yet the movie was considered inferior to the first as the points were made, this movie was dedicated to the director of the first movie by his son, who said he wanted to finish his father's work rather then making his own debut. 3 stars.

The Fugitive.

I guess we all know the story of The Fugitive. Dr. Richard Kimble is accused of murdering his wife and awaits the death penalty. On his way to jail, his bus crashes on a railroad before it gets hit by a train. Kimble escapes and starts his own little investigation to find the killer. Meanwhile Sam Gerard and his team are put on the case to bring Kimble in.

Great movie with a great score of James Newton Howard. 4,5 stars.

U.S. Marshalls.

Sam Gerard and his team returns to find another fugitive played by Wesley Snipes. Against his wishes though he has to take another man on his team played by Robert Downey Jr.

Good, but The Fugitive is far more superior, yet Tommy Lee Jones owns every scene. 3 stars.

And finally, Paul.

Paul is an alien who crashed in the States in the late 40's and spend nearly 60 years on earth. Graeme and Clive are two sci-fi geeks on a roadtrip through the States coming back from a comic-con when they meet him. Paul asks them for a ride to take him home. Meanwhile secret agents are trying to capture Paul and bring him back to their base for exams.

This was actually quite a nice movie with great laughs. 3 stars.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 2 December 2019 - 04:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Let's see...

In the theater, I've seen Joker and Frozen 2. Both movies were really good! I missed out on Maleificant though.

I've rented Annabelle Comes Home and Child's Play (2019). I also recently saw Dark Phoenix, which I thought was far better than people were saying it was.

Hoping to see the new Star Wars movie in January once the crowds die down. heehee

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 3 December 2019 - 09:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I also saw Frozen 2. Thought it wasn't bad, but perferred the first one. The second one went by too fast for me to really let it sink in what was going on

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 5 December 2019 - 08:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
House:  Loft

Oooo, I saw Frozen 2 too! I liked it! There were a couple things that I was like "meh" about, but the rest I thought was good.

@Jedi I also wanna see the new Star Wars

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 6 December 2019 - 04:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Countdown.

Waste of time. The movie is about a scary app that tells you when you will die. Couple of cheap PG-13 thrills and a few unexpected comedy moments but nothing more. It could be me but every demon seems to look like The Nun, lately. Especially the eyes. 2stars.

Lucky Number Slevin.

Slevin Kelevra arrives in New York. Once there he gets mugged and goes to the apartment of his friend Nick Fisher. While getting cleaned up he meets the next door neighbor Lindsey in a rather embarrassing moment. Both seem a little confused as in why Fisher never showed up and they agree to figure it out together once Lindsey comes back from work. After she leaves Slevin is taken by two henchmen of a mob boss who claims he owes him a great deal of money. The Boss as he is called agrees to cancel the debt in return of a favor… killing the son of his former best friend. Slevin considers this though he believes it is all because of mistaken identity. Upon his return to the apartment he is taken again by the henchmen of The Boss' now sworn enemy The Rabbi in a similar fashion. The Boss and the Rabbi haven't left their ivory towers in twenty years out of fear of what the other might do. When a mysterious assassin appears to be working for both sides the plot becomes more complicated as it turns out Slevin is also being tailed by the police.

Saying more would just spoil the movie. Despite getting mixed reviews this movie is quite fun and actually belongs in the line of stingers. Imagine Twice Stung and Jenny's Chance as a movie, you might get this. It's sort of a black comedy combined with a snuff of romance and thriller elements and an emotional twist. Lots of familiar faces like Josh Hartnett, Bruce Willis (in maybe one of his last really good films), Lucy Liu, Sir Ben Kingsley, Morgan Freeman and Stanley Tucci. 3,5 stars.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 9 December 2019 - 04:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Chain Reaction.

Eddie Kasilivich (Keanu Reeves) is part of the research time for the Chicago university who discovered a technique of using water as a clean, low-cost, pollution-free fuel source. Meaning that all oil companies etc will belong to the past and everyone will be able to afford this energy. After the party, when everyone went home one of the project leaders is murdered and another scientist goes missing. Eddie on his way back from bringing his colleague Dr. Lily Sinclair (Rachel Weisz) home, to get his bike, re-enters the lab and finds the project leader dead. He barely escapes getting killed himself. But since he's been on the scene of the crime that was followed by a massive explosion, he becomes a suspect along with Dr. Sinclair when planted evidence is found in their homes. Eddie and Sinclair are now both on the run from the authorities and try to figure out who set them up and why.

This movie really enters MacGyver-territory. It's about scientific research that evil companies don't want to be made public and will do everything to make it sure it doesn't happen. Eddie is in fact MacGyver (though he did use a gun at some point, unfortunately, where mostly he just runs or fights the bad guys off) who made the big discovery. Dr. Sinclair could be Nikki or another female Phoenix-scientist, like maybe Gwen Carpenter, who gets framed as well. They go on the run together to figure everything out. Dr. Paul Shannon could actually be Pete Thornton. He's the overseer of the entire project and urges Eddie more then once to turn himself in. Of course Pete wouldn't do that but Dr. Shannon might be the only friend Eddie has. In the end there is even room for a little improvisation. They really have to MacGyver their way to escape. Maybe there could've been a little more throughout the movie for that since they are mostly running.

This could've actually been the MacGyver movie we've all been waiting for and it still would've been possible at the time. Imagine Chain Reaction starring Richard Dean Anderson. This could've been a MacGyver classic. 3,5 stars.

The narrator even uses a MacGyver quote!

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 13 December 2019 - 04:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The Killing Room.

Four people sign up for a psychological experiment, that will take about 8 hours and a fee of 250 dollars in a closed room. Upon completing the introductions, the project leader kills one of the subjects and leaves the room. The three remaining subjects are trying to figure out a way to escape while their behaviour is closely examined by a team of doctors.

This movie is based on the MKULTRA project. 3 stars.

Exam.

This British movie has a similar plot like The Killing Room. 8 peoples of 8 different ethnic backgrounds are applying for a job in a mysterious organization. They have to make a final exam before they get the job and get 80 minutes to answer one question in a closed room with no windows. When the exam starts there is no question to be found on any paper. They are not allowed to communicate to the invigilator nor to the armed guard in anyway or to leave the room because it will lead to their disqualification. They have 80 minutes to figure out what the question is. It's not long before tensions between the candidates arise.

Actually I thought Exam was a little better then Killing Room. 4 stars.

During both movies, I thought this would've been great material for a Mac-episode. Like The Invisible Killer set in a room instead of the forest. 4 or more people subjected the psychological experiment set up by Phoenix led by MacGyver but then it would be more like Exam and testing how their employees act under stress or it should've been like Mac has to participate in a top secret experiment and him having blowing of the lid to expose the bad guys.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 23 December 2019 - 08:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Law Abiding Citizen.

Clyde Shelton is the victim and witness of a brutal homejacking and the murder of his wife and young daughter. The homejackers are shortly after arrested but one of them, a man named Darby is released after a ten year prison sentence while his accomplice receives the death penalty. Shelton is deeply disappointed in the court system and the people involved. Ten years later when Darby is released Shelton begins a sadistic mission of revenge, going after the killers, the lawyers and the judges who were involved in his homejacking case. When Shelton is arrested the game is about to really begin.

A movie that shows how flawed the system can be. More then once the killers go free because of all sorts of faults and the victims remain behind with only their grieves. Clyde Shelton has enough of that and takes matters in his own hands to teach everyone involved a lesson in the flawed system. Clyde is a highly intelligent man who only wanted justice for what happened to him and his family. 3,5 stars.

Also starring in a big supporting role: Bruce McGill, Colm Meaney and Gregory Itzin. Three Mac-actors.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 27 December 2019 - 04:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Last Christmas.

The latest Christmas romantic comedy/drama.

Katarina (Kate) is a young woman who works in an all year Christmas shop in London (The horror!) and stopped caring about everything and everyone a long time ago, ever since she had gotten very ill and nearly died. One day a man named Tom enters the shop and they begin talking. In awkward discussion she points him out but later and over the course of several days she keeps meeting Tom over and over again but then disappears over several days despite her developing feelings for him. She begins to get her act together and make amends with everyone she has been in contact with throughout the movie.

Usually I steer away from these kind of movies because they freak me out. "This Christmas stuff gets a little sappy after a while," you know? Though I wouldn't mind a romantic drama now and then but one set during Christmas... The only reason I wanted to see this one was actually Emelia Clarke. Won't mind saying that I actually adore her and that she is one of those rare persons who can brighten up someone's or even my day and might even get me into a little Christmas spirit in the process and that's quite an achievement.

While definitely a box-office hit this movie is panned by critics for reasons I don't get apparently. Maybe I don't see it because I went for Clarke who makes a great performance. I remember reading the comments on the trailer and that it was criticised for revealing too much of the plot and some say it's a waste of talent and expect better from writer and co-star Emma Thompson. Yet, I just think that Thompson has a lot more to show for then whatever the critics say. And actually if you listen to the song Last Christmas of Wham! the first phrase of the song gives away the plot too.

This brings me to the bizarre part of this review. Remember what I wrote here two pages ago on Day of the Dead and Indecent Proposal? I watched Day of the Dead on the day Joseph Pilato died and Indecent Proposal on the day after actor Seymour Cassel died… It's interesting yet creepy to know that George Michael made a song called Last Christmas in 1984 and died of a heart attack in 2016 on the day of Christmas. You might say, he gave us his heart. I went to see a movie called Last Christmas three years after the day he died. If I went only the day before on Christmas itself… but I didn't feel like going anywhere actually but if only… This is the third time this happens!

This movie deserves better though (only 1 star on Allmovie, seriously?). Definitely 3 stars though it wasn't a tearjerker either.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 3 January 2020 - 02:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Got to see Rise of Skywalker a couple of weeks ago! I was hella sick though, but it was so worth it! I wasn't overly impressed with Last Jedi, but Rise of Skywalker wasn't what I expected at all... but, I enjoyed it!

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 January 2020 - 05:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Road House.

Dalton (Patrick Swayze) moves to a little town after accepting a job in the local bar as a bouncer to clean the place up. His reputations exceeds him since he is considered the best in the business and likes to take charge. He starts cleaning up among the costumers and the staff and not everyone likes it. Especially not Brad Wesley, who tries to own the town. After declining a job offer by Wesley things starts to get out of hand.

This movie looks and feels like an episode of The A-Team, set in a remote dusty little town with a bully terrorizing the locals. Only Dalton is pretty much alone in his fight against Wesley, yet, he uses an interesting A-Team approach for the final battle.

This is clearly a testosteron-filled movie with a lot of the 80's heavies and a lot of mullets. According the director this movie contains nine major fights and more were probably filmed too since the original cut lasted about three hours and twenty minutes. Almost 90 minutes were cut.

You might wanna keep an eye out on three Mac-actors. Wesley's second-in-command Jimmy is played by Marshall Teague from Renegade/MacGyver's Women. He also has lengthy fight sequence with Patrick Swayze in which both of them are doing the stunts themselves. While initially not liking Swayze, they quickly warmed up to each other when Swayze seemed to share Teague's mentality in always trying to get better and improving scenes.

Anthony DeLonghis (The Assassin/Lost Love) plays another henchmen and also have a fight sequence with Swayze after starting one in the bar, he gets dragged outside by the latter and also drives the Monster Truck in the movie.

And finally also a bad guy but in a much smaller role, Michael Rider (Three For The Road). He's the one getting barked at by his boss for failing his assignment.

Sam Elliot and Kelly Lynch co-stars.

Great and fun bad/good movie. 3 stars.

Yummy.

Yummy is the first Belgian zombie movie in like 31 years. While I never heard of the first one, this one is to me the first Belgian zombiefilm. The story itself is quite thin and merely a tool to get it all started. A couple and the girl's mother are on a roadtrip to a cheap private hospital somewhere in Eastern Europe to get a breast reduction for the girl and facelift for her mother. While they prepare the girl for the operation her boyfriend wanders around the hospital and finds a patient who had an rejuvenation operation done but by helping her he unwillingly releases a dangerous virus in the hospital turning everyone into zombies. What follows is a fight for survival through the long corridors of the maze-like hospital.

Like I said: the story is quite thin and once the all the gore starts, the movie doesn't try to be anything else. There is a room for a little subplot but I don't know if deepening it out would've helped much though maybe a little more black humor wouldn't have hurt the movie at all. But it was good for what it was. 2,5 stars.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 13 January 2020 - 08:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Air Force One.

President James Marshall and his family are on their way back from Moscow to the United States when the Air Force One is hijacked by Russian terrorists who demands the release of their general. During the hijacking protocol is being followed as the president is evacuated but his family and a whole bunch of his staff are kept hostage. Of course the president wasn't evacuated as they all believed. Having fought in Vietnam, the president knows how to handle crisis situations by taking matters into his own hands. This man doesn't need a Jack Bauer or a Mike Banning, he solves the whole situation by himself.

A good movie but I couldn't shake the feeling the movie started to slack a bit while the scene of the hijacking and Gary Oldman's frantic behaviour was some of the best moments in the film, including Jerry Goldsmith's score. The track The Hijacking is one of the best action sequences I have heard in a long time. 3 stars.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 18 January 2020 - 03:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 26 February 2020 - 09:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Gremlins.

I guess we all know that classic. I never really saw the movie before or at least completely. Despite a slow build-up, the movie accellerates when the Gremlins break-out and we go in more a horror-comedy setting and the movie became a lot more interesting. Nice theme song from Jerry Goldsmith. Keep an eye out for Keye Luke as the Chinese seller of the Gremlins. Keye Luke played Adam Chung in Murderers' Sky.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 8 March 2020 - 05:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Vertical Limit.

Three years after their father's death in a climbing accident, brother Peter and his sister Annie reunite on the K2 in Pakistan. Annie is asked by a wealthy man named Vaughn to climb up the K2 and reach the top but due to bad weather and avalanche, Annie, Vaugh and their top climber end up trapped in an icy cave with little water and 36 hours to live. Her brother Peter whips up a rescue mission to get her out of there.

This is one of those rare movies that doesn't let down each time you watch it and in fact this would've made another great MacGyver movie. The movie's basecamp could become Phoenix camp and Peter could be replaced with MacGyver and his sister Annie could've become Mike Forrester. Just to name something.

All the action sequences happen because of the circumstances of the environment and the weather and they manage to make them with a frantic pace and to make them very thrilling from beginning to end. 4 stars.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 12 March 2020 - 11:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle

Saw Onward.

What can I say? This one will break your heart, crush it, tear it, then put it back in your chest and make you laugh hard enough to forget the pain.

Pretty deep, Pixar went all out for this one. I predicted several plot twists, but it still threw a lot of curveballs.

When they cast Tom Holland and Chris Pratt, they knew what they were doing.

Highly recommend biggrin.gif

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 18 March 2020 - 06:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Been watching The Dark Knight trilogy. Guess who I found in that movie?

user posted image
Apparently it was his big debut even though he only has a few minutes of screentime.

Also interesting is that David appears to be 43 years old and is 13 years older then Lucas Till.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
jerro
Posted: 13 April 2020 - 03:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

The latest one that made me amazed was The Gentlemen from Guy Ritchie, I just love his movies. I watched it past weekend with friends in my Thai condo here and it was a really great movie. One of those where everything is just perfect from actors till the way it's recorded.

This post has been edited by jerro on 14 April 2020 - 01:30 AM

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 12 August 2020 - 11:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Been a while since I've been here. Seen a lot of movies since then but I felt inclined to review this one as a whole. I've seen most young adult book adaptations by now. The major disappointment I had with The Hunger Games... Divergent was somewhat better. The Maze Runner was suprisingly good but the biggest surprise of them all was Twilight.

For the first time ever I have seen the Twilight movies and what a surprise it was. I went quite openminded into it despite all the backlash and my own prejudiced opinion of how it must suck anyway because it's for 16-year old girls. It's a little cheesy indeed and may distort the idea of romantic relationships but in all the movies were entertaining without being or trying to be epic. This is pure romance.

Bella's caught between guys and both guys get their film, underlining both relationships. Only two of five movies are more action oriented: the third and fifth movie. The first two is about the relationship she has with Edward and Jacob. The fourth movie is about their wedding and honeymoon and pregnancy… and that's it. There's nothing more to that movie then that. There is no action whatsoever but there is a bit suspense which delivers pretty well and keeps you entertained.

The last movie also did something unexpected: they called the coming war off. A franchise of five movies and they call the war off? What? How dare they? But they manage to please everyone who is willing to give the movies a shot and I sure for one am not disappointed.

I guess, it's true what they say: never judge a book by it's cover. This is the lesson I learned from this. Funny, I didn't do it with The Hunger Games and I was so disappointed yet Twilight surprised me all the more. All 5 five movies gets 3 stars from me.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 August 2020 - 01:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Into the Blue 2: The Reef.

In Hawaii a married couple is asked to come diving by another couple who are looking for the San Cristobal. But they do not know the couple who hired them where hired themselves to find it. While promised a half a million dollar fee to find some lost cargo in the reef, the married couple becomes increasingly suspicious of what it's all about and soon they and their friends find themselves in extreme danger.

Into the Blue 2 is the in fact unnecessary and straight-to-dvd sequel of Into The Blue starring Paul Walker and Jessica Alba starring a bunch of B-actors, though I have to admit Laura Vandervoort is beautiful. It's just one those unnecessary sequels. Interestingly this movie was directed by Stephen Herek. The movie itself was not as bad as you think it might be as long as you can keep in mind this is a B-movie with B-actors. 2 stars.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 23 August 2020 - 12:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Look who's joining The Suicide Squad. Maybe he should've gone as...

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 29 October 2020 - 12:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

What do you think? Tasteless or daring?

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 18 November 2020 - 03:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Looks pretty good.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (38) « First ... 35 36 [37] 38  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll