Season 7 on DVD

Release Date:  Oct 24, 2006

Discs in Set:    4

Format:             Color, Full Screen

Sound:              Dolby Digital, stereo

Presentation:   2 disc per keep-case

Extras:               None

Tag Line:  Back In Action - Ready For Danger

Boxed set of all 14 episodes of the seventh season.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 2 November 2006 - 06:53 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I finished S7 yesterday...And tho it's disappointing that we're paying for a whole season and only getting part of one...it's worth getting. I didn't like the first couple of eps so much, but from Obsessed on, there are some really good ones. wink.gif

So... unsure.gif ...I gotta know....

Who got teary during RDA's little farewell message at the end of The Stringer? sad.gif

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 2 November 2006 - 10:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

I got season 7 on Monday! Woohoo!
happy_dance.gif happy_dance.gif happy_dance.gif happy_dance.gif

I have now seen every single episode of MacGyver and the 2 movies. I want more!!!! All you FanFic writers out there...I'm going to be relying on you lot to satisfy my hunger for fresh new MacGyver stories.

Talking of MacGyver fanfics....Amy! I haven't forgotten - Where is it eh? dry.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 2 November 2006 - 11:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Talking of MacGyver fanfics....Amy! I haven't forgotten - Where is it eh?

ohmy.gif unsure.gif

"eh?" "eh?" Thought you were Scottish, not Canandian! laugh.gif

*wonders if her distraction worked...*

Probly not. dry.gif

blush.gif Um...um...the dog ate it?

OK...I'm workin on it...really. I was recently distracted by Season 7. (refer to my former post...see? see? Proof!)

And stop pointing that spork at me!!!! tongue.gif laugh.gif

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
DXS
Posted: 2 November 2006 - 11:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Vitorinox

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Legend of the Holy Rose
Jacket:  ---

Even though Mountain of Youth aired AFTER Stringer, on the DVD, they put it BEFORE the Stringer.

Well.

I noticed a major difference in the background music.

In Stringer, the background music was pretty much similar to all other episodes in all other seasons. Same type of orchestration.

However, in Mountain of Youth, it was...... DIFFERENT....... Different somehow..... In Mountain of Youth, the background music was similar to the background music in both of the movies.

I'm not saying they played the same tune.... Just the orchestration of the background music. It was different......... I can't put my finger on it. Someone with musical talent will notice this.

DXS

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 3 November 2006 - 11:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

QUOTE (Amy)
"eh?" "eh?" Thought you were Scottish, not Canandian!

But I wrote it with a Scottish accent. rolleyes.gif There's a difference. eh? (Scottish) and eh? (Canadian). See? Completely different!

QUOTE (Amy)

Probly not. 
Correct. dry.gif

QUOTE (DXS @ Nov 2 2006, 07:32 PM)
Even though Mountain of Youth aired AFTER Stringer, on the DVD, they put it BEFORE the Stringer.

Well.

I noticed a major difference in the background music. 

QUOTE (DXS)
I'm not saying they played the same tune.... Just the orchestration of the background music.  It was different.........  I can't put my finger on it.  Someone with musical talent will notice this. 

Well I know I have no musical talent and I didn't notice this. I'll listen out for this the next time I watch it. which, knowing me, will probably be soon! I am going to watch season 7 again as soon as I can. This time I might even watch the Coltons without fastforwarding any of it! laugh.gif
The Fountain of Youth was aired after the Stringer but it wasn't made after the Stringer was it? If it was made after the rest of the episodes a change in the composer (or whatever the person that arranges the music for TV shows is called) might have happened but if it was made along with the rest and just held back it would seem a bit of an odd thing to do. Someone here will know when they shot the Fountain of Youth. There's some clever people here. happy.gif
unsure.gif But...i suppose they could have shot it with the other episodes and just not finished it off by not adding the music until later and maybe needed new music people? hmm.bmp

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 3 November 2006 - 12:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

But I wrote it with a Scottish accent.  There's a difference. eh? (Scottish) and eh? (Canadian). See? Completely different!

hmm.bmp ... hmm.bmp ... happy.gif OK...I see now! *smacks herself in the forehead* What was I thinking??? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Amy)

Probly not. 

Correct.

unsure.gif *hides*

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 3 November 2006 - 12:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (Amy)
"eh?" "eh?" Thought you were Scottish, not Canandian!

I thought Canadians said Aye or Ay... not Eh. hmm.bmp

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac
Posted: 3 November 2006 - 06:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ Nov 3 2006, 04:28 PM)
I thought Canadians said Aye or Ay... not Eh. hmm.bmp

It's 'eh.'

Mac

"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 4 November 2006 - 06:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Definitely "eh" pronounced like an English long "A". MacGyver says it quite a bit, too. biggrin.gif For some reason us US-ers tend to think this is a funny way to end sentences and count is as a give-away that someone is from Canada or at the very least a state bordering Canada. biggrin.gif That doesn't explain why I use it all the time! laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 4 November 2006 - 12:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

ok. so it must depend of what part of the world you live in as to how you spell that sound.

In New Zealand "Eh" is pronounced diffrently to the A sound associated with Conadians.. thats why I originally asked... when I see Eh it reads as a different sound to me.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 4 November 2006 - 01:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

ok. so it must depend of what part of the world you live in as to how you spell that sound.

Yep, I guess it does! wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 4 November 2006 - 01:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ Nov 5 2006, 08:23 AM)

In New Zealand "Eh" is pronounced diffrently to the A sound associated with Conadians.. thats why I originally asked... when I see Eh it reads as a different sound to me.

Maybe it would help if you weren't thinking "eh." But instead "Eh?" The question mark makes all the difference laugh.gif

But your right Rocky, it does sound like "ay" as in stay.

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 4 November 2006 - 01:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

it does sound like "ay" as in stay.
=
"eh" pronounced like an English long "A"

laugh.gif See, Rock...your "Aye" I would pronounce like a long "I". We're spelling the same pronunciation different ways and pronouncing the same spelling different ways... huh.gif um... OK I have no idea if that made sense...

Maybe it would help if you weren't thinking "eh." But instead "Eh?" The question mark makes all the difference

hmm.bmp Maybe that explains Ratty's accent.... laugh.gif

So this all begs the question...

What's all that have to do with Season 7??? roller.gif

Oh wait...I guess I did start this little diversion, eh? laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
DXS
Posted: 4 November 2006 - 03:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Well I know I have no musical talent and I didn't notice this. I'll listen out for this the next time I watch it. which, knowing me, will probably be soon! I am going to watch season 7 again as soon as I can. This time I might even watch the Coltons without fastforwarding any of it! laugh.gif
The Fountain of Youth was aired after the Stringer but it wasn't made after the Stringer was it? If it was made after the rest of the episodes a change in the composer (or whatever the person that arranges the music for TV shows is called) might have happened but if it was made along with the rest and just held back it would seem a bit of an odd thing to do. Someone here will know when they shot the Fountain of Youth. There's some clever people here. happy.gif
unsure.gif But...i suppose they could have shot it with the other episodes and just not finished it off by not adding the music until later and maybe needed new music people? hmm.bmp

I'm not sure whether Mountain of Youth was made before or after the Stringer, I just know it aired AFTER the Stringer, and was called a "lost" episode. I'd really like to know whether it was made before or after, because the orchestration of the background music was definitely different than what was used in all other episodes. The orchestration was very similar to that used in the movies! (I have some musical talent, that's why I noticed!) I just thought it was odd..... Not only was it a "lost" episode, the music was different, and just little things here and there were not consistent with the rest of the series. It was a good episode, and it was great to see it when it first aired!

DXS word1.png

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 4 November 2006 - 05:45 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

It was made before.

Heres how it ended up as the "lost episode"....

The final season was agreed for 13 episodes.

They shot the 13 episodes and wrapped by December. The Coltons episode had actually been shot during the sixth season but it aired as part of the seventh season, which gave them 14 episodes in all. The agreement was for 13 episodes, so they aired 12 and saved the finale for April when they did a special night of several series finales. That was supposed to be the end. But the ratings were so high that night that they brought out the Mountain of Youth episode, which came to be known as the "Lost Episode", aired that, and then continued with reruns through the summer.

In the 13 years since the show went off the air, ABC has never been able to duplicate the ratings MacGyver got in that Monday night time slot paired with Monday Night Football.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 4 November 2006 - 08:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather

That's pretty impressive--it says a lot about how special this show was--and still is! smile.gif word1.png

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 5 November 2006 - 11:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

In the 13 years since the show went off the air, ABC has never been able to duplicate the ratings MacGyver got in that Monday night time slot paired with Monday Night Football.

That is so cool! Shame it couldn't have continued... cool.jpg

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
DXS
Posted: 23 November 2006 - 06:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

NEENER NEENER NEENER!!!!!! ABC, ya didn't know what a good thing you had!!!!!

I lived in the East Coast during the first six years, and on the West Coast during seventh season. On the West Coast, Monday night football usually pre-empted MacGyver. So, I didn't get to see some of the eps until reruns! Once in awhile they would air MacGyver LATE after Monday football, but it didn't help.

DXS ranting2.gif ranting2.gif

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 24 November 2006 - 01:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Just found this review of the seventh season.

Obvioulsy a dissapointed fan. He does make some interesting observations.. some I agree with.. others I don't.

You can read the other comments etc here.

>> snip <<

Alas, MacGyver: The Complete Final Season is corny, but not very much fun. Easily the most disappointing set of episodes I've reviewed (though I hear season one is a struggle, too), the seventh installment just smells of tapped-out ideas and slashed budgets. The storylines are uninteresting, bordering on cringe-worthy (MacGyver helps a big-hearted graffiti artist save his grandmother from being evicted by sleazy developers—yeccchhh), the locations, usually a high point of the show, all appear to have been shot in or around the back lot of Paramount studios and, frankly, Richard Dean Anderson looks bored.

Out of the 14 episodes, only a few stand out, and primarily for dubious reasons: "Obsessed" brings back Murdoc in a ridiculous premise that has him scrambling for dictatorial power in one of the Americas, and ends with a predictably cliffhanger death scene (except the cliffhanger was never resolved, a screw job I still get angry about to this day); the two-part "Good Knight MacGyver" is a joke, resembling more a collection of poorly costumed D&D geeks hanging out at a public park; and "The Stringer," the final episode of the series (not counting the two made-for-TV movies) where Mac reunites with his long-lost son, while not horrible, is a disappointment as far as series finales go. The only show that held my interest was "Walking Dead," with MacGyver infiltrating a cabal of voodoo fanatics. That was pretty okay.

All the other episodes were more or less half-baked sentimental flambé, where MacGyver teamed up with some kind of lovable lout to fend off mean white dudes. Oh, then there's "The Coltons," a show devoted to the bounty hunter characters that made sporadic appearances in previous episodes, but lacking a pivotal series element: no MacGyver! It's one of those transparent spin-off launch attempts and Anderson makes brief appearances in the beginning and at the end. So really, this set is only giving you 13 MacGyver episodes.

Look, by this point the show got listless. And I would submit that the producers saw their budgets drastically reduced, evidenced by the landlocked settings and some putrid CGI—the castle backdrop in "Good Knight MacGyver" is just awful.

Yet let us not focus on the bad, but instead offer a word of thanks for the multitude of episodes that reminded us that prime-time superheroes didn't need sniper rifles or close-cropped hair to keep us entertained.

Thanks, Mac.

<< snip >>

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 24 November 2006 - 03:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

*GROWLS!!!* evil.gif

Obsessed, Good Knight MacGyver and The Stringer are the season highlights.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 20 December 2006 - 01:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Yesssss.... I finally ordered S7 this week!
I had hoped to get them for Sinterklaas (kinda like Santa Claus, it's actually derrived from Sinterklaas, thanks to Dutch pioneers many many many years ago), but I didn't get them...

Good Knight MacGyver is my absolute fav from S7.

MacGirl
Posted: 26 December 2006 - 09:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad

I remember really liking Obsessed when I saw it on TV. I didn't see much of S7, which is why I'm looking forward to the DVD's. Maybe I'll hit Barnes and Noble today and use that gift certificate my mom gave me.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 4 January 2007 - 03:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

[/QUOTE]
Just found this review of the seventh season.

Obvioulsy a dissapointed fan. He does make some interesting observations.. some I agree with.. others I don't.

A dissapointed fan? He sounds like your random idiot that escaped from the madhouse to me!
How can he say that?!?

(MacGyver helps a big-hearted graffiti artist save his grandmother from being evicted by sleazy developers—yeccchhh),

I love the interaction with Lobo! Especially when he's investigating the appartment and discovers Lobo's first "artwork" on the closet door! "Vegetables s*ck?!"

"Obsessed" brings back Murdoc in a ridiculous premise that has him scrambling for dictatorial power in one of the Americas, and ends with a predictably cliffhanger death scene (except the cliffhanger was never resolved, a screw job I still get angry about to this day);

Everyboduy who disagrees please raise your hand now! *raises hand*

the two-part "Good Knight MacGyver" is a joke, resembling more a collection of poorly costumed D&D geeks hanging out at a public park;

This is actually one of my all time favs. It is NOT, I repeat NOT a joke!
I've loved the legend of King Arthur ever since I was a kid, and this in combination with Mac is like heaven to me! wub.gif

frankly, Richard Dean Anderson looks bored.

Someone needs to go see an optician

However, I do agree on this:

[QUOTE]Oh, then there's "The Coltons," a show devoted to the bounty hunter characters that made sporadic appearances in previous episodes, but lacking a pivotal series element: no MacGyver!

What a moron.

MacGirl
Posted: 8 January 2007 - 02:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad

Yeah... or maybe they're not much of a fan in the first place, and therefore, easily disappointed.

Haven't seen "The Coltons" yet, but from what I've read elsewhere, this was supposed to be the pilot eppy for a spinoff series that never got off the ground. Hence, Mac's absence.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 8 January 2007 - 07:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages

Still, that's just not right. A MacGyver episode without MacGyver? huh.gif If The Coltons was supposed to be a pilot episode for a spinoff, why didn't they do it separate from MacGyver? I don't know--that episode just disappointed me. dry.gif I like the Coltons okay, but I never thought they had enough to carry a series on their own. That's probably why the spinoff didn't work. It's very difficult to have supporting characters carry a show on their own suddenly as leads.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 30 January 2007 - 09:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Ooookaaaay.... I still haven't received my dvd's yet. The Ebay guy told me the package was returned to sender because of the lack of the province that I live in.
Erm... how come all other dvd's made it to my home address without it then?

Toni
Posted: 30 January 2007 - 03:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Sheepy @ 31 January 2007 - 06:00 AM)
The Ebay guy told me the package was returned to sender because of the lack of the province that I live in.
Erm... how come all other dvd's made it to my home address without it then?

Maybe he was looking for a farm and it was addressed to SHEEPY. laugh.gif

Whats the point of growing up, if you can't be childish sometimes

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 31 January 2007 - 04:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

I have to admit, season 7 is probably my least favorite. I wouldn't say it was corny, but I think it was the weakest of the seasons.

I do tend to agree with what this person said about Murdoc "scrambling for dictatorial power in one of the Americas". Obesessed is one of my favorites in this season (though probably my least favorite Murdoc ep), but I thought Murdoc's sudden interest in running a country was pretty over the top. As far as the "cliff"hanger ending (haha), yeah, with it being the last Murdoc ep, I was disappointed there wasn't a finality to it. It was good because it left you wondering about Murdoc in classic fashion (even tho there was no hope of seeing more) but disappointing because you knew there was no hope of more.

Anyway...I mostly disagree about Good Knight MacGyver. yeah it had it's elements of cheesiness, but definitely on my favorites list! Love Arthurian Legend...love MacGyver...it doesn't get much better! smile.gif That said, there were parts that were unnecessary or could've been done better...but I loved it!

I really liked the Stringer, even though the big scene when MacGyver gets shot and falls into the cargo hold seems anticlimatic after the fact (he just has a broken arm??? C'mon!) But in the end, it's all a good ride. Just one thing...I tend to resent this ep a little because you've got MacGyver riding off into the sunset with his long lost son. He completely turns his life upside down to be a dad...and then the "son" never shows up or is mentioned in the movies (as far as I can tweak my memory, anyway). Maybe there was such a strong reaction to Mac having a son (like with the whole girlfriend thing) that they just didn't want to touch it in the movies. Fine with me, but it made the finale a little incongruous. Anyway, still among my favorites! smile.gif

Walking Dead is probably the one I watch the most, and I enjoyed Mac and Jack in Mountain of Youth. Prometheus Syndrome was good, but not one of my faves. And I pretty much enjoyed Deadly Silents. The rest...they don't get watched much. Not that i don't like them...I just don't pick them to watch as much as others when I wanna sink my teeth into a MacGyver ep. Out of those, the ones I like the least are Honest Abe, Coltons and The Hood.

I don't think the series had run it's course, by a long shot, but I think it was obvious this was the last season...whether it was production or plots or whatever. And yeah, I think the reviewer was a fan...just giving his honest assessment...like I said...S7 is my least favorite too. wink.gif

Ok...I'll shut up now. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 31 January 2007 - 06:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

I really liked the Stringer, even though the big scene when MacGyver gets shot and falls into the cargo hold seems anticlimatic after the fact (he just has a broken arm??? C'mon!)

Ending up in another coma, was better? I think the crate broke his fall and arm for the most part. That scene is so cool, with that shot of our unconscious MacGyver.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll