Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Got around to watching the pilot episode of American Gods.
user posted image

Ex-convict Shadow Moon recently released from prison only to discover the tragic death of his wife & rushes on a plane to her funeral and meets Mr. Wednesday, a con man who offers Shadow a "Job". Despite his reluctance to help this dishonest man, his life starts to take a supernatural turn into that destiny and realizes that there is more going on here than he anticipated. This is quite a difficult show to watch if gore, violence, swearing and explicit scenes are not your thing. (They're not exactly mine biggrin.gif ) and yet there was something intriguing about this show. Almost as if i had to find out what was going to happen next.

It's not bad for what it is and i have only seen the pilot but be warned of the extremities.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 30 May 2017 - 04:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Extremities? Sweet. The title does seem familiar but I have not seen this.

Right now, I'm back into more domestic series and one in particular called 'F.C. De Kampioenen,' roughly translated: 'F.C. The Champions'. Boy, what I can tell you about this series. It's the 2nd longest sitcom in the history of Belgian television. It lasted 21 seasons and has 273 episodes, 2 movies and a 3rd in the making. It started when I was four years old, in my second year in kindergarten and ended when I was already working full time for two years. So it lasted my entire childhood and high school career. I did sort of lost track of it in the last four seasons but I intend to make it up for it now. It was just so popular and very succesful even to this day. The series is about a terrible smalltime soccer team, a real canteen club to be exact and they play rather poorly, though they've won matches too. The lead characters are the families of the trainer (his wife and daughter), the keeper and his wife and the captain of the team and his wife also their chairman and a hostile neighbor. Most episodes are based on misunderstandings usually started by the keeper's dominant wife or the selling of the soccer field by their chairman to their hostile neighbor. Pretty much every episode is set in the club's canteen where everything is discussed and solved. Despite all their differences, bickerings and pranks, they usually forgive each other with a 'Tournee Generale' meaning that the chairman buys drinks for everyone and all is forgotten because they're a group of friends in the first place.

Despite the long run the series never really changes much. After four seasons 2 characters disappear including the original trainer, who initially left to stop his father from getting a relationship with the series first antagonist's strict mother. Originally he was meant to disappear after an unexpected succesful disappearing act but it was deemed unrealistic so they reshot the ending of that season which was has been used ever since, including on the dvd's. The original ending was only used once during the original airings. After he leaves the keeper becomes the trainer for another four to five seasons. While the clumsy boyfriend of the original trainer's daughter becomes keeper. The original trainer has been referenced in some episode but only returns in the second movie after believe it or not 21 years.

Also the team's captain is not seen again after season 4, mainly because the actor got fired for appearing drunk on the set and ruining takes. The actor really hit rock bottom since. The characters disappearance is explained for leaving his wife for another woman. The antagonist's nephew comes in place and becomes the new captain for the remainder of the show. Also he becomes trainer around season 9 or 10 for the rest of the show. So the trainer who followed up the original trainer becomes keeper again and the clumsy boyfriend keeper becomes captain.

The series also has known several antagonists. The garage owner, who was one of the most popular characters in the show. In his final episode he got arrested for fraude and was sent to jail. He makes one more return in the 20th seasons and also returns in the second movie. The actor left after 8 seasons to work for another channel and was followed up by the 2nd antagonist, nephew of the original keeper, a loudmouthed cook. This character was the least popular amongst the fans and also the actor wasn't happy with the part and left after two seasons. He was followed by the third antagonist: an older antique shop owner. He shared a few similarities like the garage owner and trying to shake people out of their money. After his entrance he remained the antagonist for the second half of the series existence.

A few characters came and left as in every show but the concept pretty much stays the same and I think that also adds to their popularity. They never really jumped the shark even though they had a few weaker seasons, especially after the garage owner left but they mostly kept the ratings quite steady over those years and the reruns are also still very popular.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 31 May 2017 - 08:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I am currently on Season 5 of Star Trek TNG and just saw the 2 parter of Unification which guest starred Leonard Nimoy as Spock. Bit of a boring 2 parter but it was fun to see Spock in the Next Generation.

Interestingly the episode before had Wesley Crusher return for a 1 episode reunion and even had Ashley Judd guest star in a surprisingly strong first appearance.
user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 21 June 2017 - 08:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The Mist TV Series premieres tonight and although i am a fan of the movie and expect the worst, the re views so far are very promising. Here's the trailer in case you missed it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 26 June 2017 - 02:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

We saw The Mist on Friday. It was okay. The movie is still better IMO but they obviously tried to expand on characters in the series. And perhaps not all are in my keepsake interests. biggrin.gif

All the same, it took its time to get to the point but i guess we will see how it unfolds.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 16 July 2017 - 08:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

user posted image

Havent seen it yet but i will be watching tonight! smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 July 2017 - 04:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Lethal Weapon season 1 is over now, here in Belgium. It had it's moments and they had their good and lesser episodes. The last two were great and a good finale for the first season. I sure want more but they have to cut off some edges here and there, like lose the songs during the episode, whether it is during an emotional moment or an action moment, it's distracting and makes it less cool than when you use an actual score. At least in my opinion. But season 2 is allowed to come.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 20 July 2017 - 08:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

user posted image
Been trying to catch up on Wynonna Earp and finish the rest of season 1 before starting on season 2 but it is a little difficult to watch. Mostly because the acting IMO is quite bad. biggrin.gif

The show is a combination of Buffy meets Supernatural in the old West. Or the modern west to be more precise. biggrin.gif

Wynonna, A descendant of famous lawman Wyatt Earp has a secret mission that has been passed down for generations (Buffy). To stop all demons and end them with a special gun that she carries (Supernatural). All with the help of her scooby gang (Buffy). while trying to find out more about her father and her past (Supernatural). laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 25 July 2017 - 08:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Been catching up on Better Call Saul recently and have just 1 episode to go on season 3.
user posted image
If you have never seen BCS, it is the spin-off to Breaking Bad and a prequel which tells the story of Saul Goodman.

Six years before he begins to represent a certain criminal, Goodman is Jimmy McGill, a small-time attorney hustling to make a name for himself. Both admirable and questionable, you cant help but love Jimmy and his endless tricks of the trade. biggrin.gif

This is an outstanding show and because of the top writing involved, i give it a rare 5 stars.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 August 2017 - 03:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Though it wasn't the tv-show yet but I'm about to get there, last night I have seen the first tv-movie of Columbo: Prescription Murder. Peter Falk's first appearance as Columbo. Which was for a tv-movie of 1968 not bad at all. You do have to keep your attention to it or else you might miss some cool things in the way he works. He's a totally different cop than all those others in movies and series. Instead of guns blazing, fighting and explosions, Columbo takes the subtle way and plays it more psychological, mostly thanks to his sloppy appearance. He doesn't even have a gun. I think this also one of those series they just don't make anymore. However Columbo appears between 1968 and 2003 with an eleven year break between 1978 and 1989. I remember watching Columbo as kid in the 90's. That was our Saturday night. But I never figured the show lasted that long, ten seasons over a course of 35 years even though most seasons only exists of 8 episodes tops, of course spread over the years and probably into like 90 minute episodes. There was even an episode planned to be released in 2007 which was choosen by Peter Falk himself who expressed interest into returning to the role. Unfortunately Falk was diagnosed with Alzheimers later that year and couldn't even remember he ever played the role. Falk passed away in 2007.

Columbo also had a spin-off called Mrs. Columbo, in which she solves a few cases of her own. But the fans said she didn't meet up to the description of Columbo's wife and was poorly received and there for canceled after two seasons and 13 episodes.

Now I'm curious to the show and wonder which actors all appeared. In one of the episodes, I think even the first Martin Milner plays a role. That's an interesting one to begin with.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 3 August 2017 - 05:23 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Coincidentally that was Steven Spielberg's Directorial Debut.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 August 2017 - 06:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Spielberg directed the first episode of Columbo? I'll have to check that out. There was also a second tv-movie before the series started but I don't know if it aired. Ever since a month or so I've been recording the tv-show but Prescription Murder was aired on a different channel while the other channel is just doing the episodes.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 August 2017 - 03:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Seen it now: Murder By The Book. I didn't even recognize Martin Milner and with great reference to Presciption Murder.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 6 August 2017 - 06:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

My sister got me into Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I kinda binged watched it, but currently I'm only about half way through.

Of course, I've been keeping up to date on Game of Thrones. I hate that show so much, and at the same time I love it.

So conflicted... >_<

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 6 August 2017 - 08:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Never seen Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt but have always eyed it out.

You should give Better Call Saul a try. Very cool show IMO.

Yes, Game of Thrones is a frustrating watch. Still havent seen episode 4 yet but did watch last weeks.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 7 August 2017 - 03:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Game of Thrones is more story-driven that action-driven. Keep that in mind and it'll make it a little easier to watch because it is very slow. Usually the second to last episode is the most action-driven episode for some reason. I remember season 4 being the most action-driven season so far, there was finally some battles in it. Which I kinda missed from the start. Great set up for epic battles but they seem to choose not to show much of their wars but to go storywise about the characters and families.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 9 August 2017 - 07:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Now I'm sure the second tv-movie of Columbo was not aired and if it did by now, I probably missed it. The tv-movie was aired on a different channel and the other channel that is airing the episodes started from Murder By The Book. The last two were good too. Suitable For Framing had even the lady from Harry's Will who asks for Cody's recipe. She had that same high voice and I think it was her. And Lady In Waiting even starred Leslie Nielsen in a more serious role. Now if Nielsen and Falk only had appeared in a comedy of their own. biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 16 August 2017 - 08:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Starts tomorrow on Netflix!
user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 August 2017 - 03:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

In the meantime, I did manage to catch the second tv-movie on television. Oddly enough shortly after my last message here. It was called Ransom for a Dead Man, in which a woman covers up the murder of her husband and pretends he has been kidnapped. So I'm currently all the way with Columbo and I can start on season 2.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 20 August 2017 - 08:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I saw the pilot episode of Defenders last night and it was okay. Plays out a lot like the individual shows of the characters. Have to admit though that i did expect a little more.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 21 August 2017 - 01:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

For some reason, it was decided to not air season 4 of Columbo. They went from season 3 to season 5.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 August 2017 - 02:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Last week Under The Dome was aired and I've seen five episodes so far. I heard first season was great and second season sucked but as usual opinions and reviews often differs from mine. It was a great start. The show also starred Ned Bellamy as the priest. Tonight the next five episodes will be aired.

6200 posts!

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
DashboardOnFire
Posted: 25 August 2017 - 03:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

Reboot Specialist

SAK owned: a red one ;-)

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 25 August 2017 - 12:11 PM)
6200 posts!

Congrats! Wow! I still have a long way to go laugh.gif

The first Season for "Under the Dome" was great. I think it had potential, but they could have ended it after one Season (of maybe 22 instead of 13 episodes). Season 2 was okay, but I think they kinda lost the plot in Season 3. Didn't know when to stop, as it happens often with TV shows.

That's always a sign you might be in trouble if your dashboard is on fire...
Currently blogging about the MacGyver Reboot on Dashboard On Fire

PMUsers Website                                                                     
DashboardOnFire
Posted: 25 August 2017 - 03:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Reboot Specialist

SAK owned: a red one ;-)

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker

I just watched the pilot for the "Hawaii Five-0" Reboot. It's quite good, although too much guns and violence for my taste. I mean you can do with less for a police- or crime-show, but I guess they had to up the stakes a bit for a pilot.

But there really are a LOT of little things that were used for the MacGyver Reboot as well - and I can say this after only watching the pilot blink.gif

Also, the plot is basically what they used for the Unaired MacGyver Reboot Pilot (the male main hero is asked by a woman to build a new task force that's a bit different than the others).

That's always a sign you might be in trouble if your dashboard is on fire...
Currently blogging about the MacGyver Reboot on Dashboard On Fire

PMUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 August 2017 - 07:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (DashboardOnFire @ 25 August 2017 - 12:09 PM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 25 August 2017 - 12:11 PM)
6200 posts!

Congrats! Wow! I still have a long way to go laugh.gif

The first Season for "Under the Dome" was great. I think it had potential, but they could have ended it after one Season (of maybe 22 instead of 13 episodes). Season 2 was okay, but I think they kinda lost the plot in Season 3. Didn't know when to stop, as it happens often with TV shows.

Sometimes a good solid miniseries is more than enough. Anyway, I'm hooked.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 27 August 2017 - 09:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

3 words.

Game of Thrones. surprise.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 28 August 2017 - 01:03 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

How about that season finale? ohmy.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 30 August 2017 - 08:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Suits
user posted image
A bit late to the party. I have always wanted to watch it but never had the time to slot it in and fnally saw the pilot last night.

So the basic plot?
Big time lawyer Harvey Spencer's firm is in dire need of a new associate but none of the applicants even raise an eyebrow except for college dropout Mike Ross. Even more so, Ross is not even a lawyer!But there is something special about this new associate. With an ability to go through tons of research in a few hours and memorize anything makes this man a prodigy in the law field. However no one knows that Ross isnt a lawyer and Spencer keeps that secret.

If you have never seen the show, i highly recommend it. It has wits, quirky dialogue to keep it interesting and likable characters. And it got me from the get go. Any show that does that usually gets my 2 thumbs up.
user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 September 2017 - 04:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Under The Dome was great. I'm really curious to that second season. Right now I'm watching Kingdom Hospital by Stephen King. I found it on a flea market. But this is really from back when television was not as great as cinema. I don't know any of the actors at all. It's not exactly bad but you can clearly taste tv-quality and it's not exactly horror either. This is more like a supernatural thriller mixed with drama and exaggerated humor.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 September 2017 - 04:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Still watching Columbo here every now and than. Boy, the guest stars are piling up: Leonard Nimoy, Martin Sheen. You know how creepy a young Martin Sheen is? The resemblances with his sons and I think Charlie Sheen in particular is downright scary. Martin has got like the clarity of Emilio Estevez' face combined with the eyes of Charlie. Not to mention the way he walks and talks... all the things you find back in Charlie.

Anyhoo, now I get to the good part because in one of the latest episodes I have seen starred Donald Pleasance and... *drum roll ffffffrrrrrr ttttiiiiissshhh* Dana Elcar. Though his part was rather minor. He was to join Pleansance to a conference of wine in New York and had to decide if he would become Man of the Year. In the beginning he had a few scenes with several lines and about three quarters in the episode he kindly offered Columbo a pencil, but also asked it back. Little did he probably know he would ever star in MacGyver as Pete Thornton. He was clearly younger than in MacGyver, about 12 years but already bald on top but a little longer hair in the back, not much. If you care to see it look for episode: Any Old Port in a Storm. To what I've read on the review it was one of Peter Falk's favourite episodes. The whole restaurant set up and the fit Pleasance throws there was rather funny. Two actors of great franchises in one: Dr. Loomis and Pete, that was like twice the fun.

Also in one of the episodes I've noticed the guy from Passages behind the computer. 'You're not on the manifest.'

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (10) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll