Which "MacGyver" is your favorite?
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

From which season do you like MacGyver the best?
Season 1 [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
Season 2 [ 3 ]  [25.00%]
Season 3 [ 5 ]  [41.67%]
Season 4 [ 2 ]  [16.67%]
Season 5 [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
Season 6 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Season 7 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverfan717
Posted on 17 July 2008 - 09:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Loft

We all know how Mac changed throughout the show. So I was wondering, which "MacGyver" do you like the best. Here are some key factors that changed throughout the show to help you. First is his personality. Second would be his hair style, then his clothes/shoes, way of talking (his accent seems stronger in the earlier seasons), and so on. Personally I like the Season four MacGyver becouse of his style, personality and I just think he's the coolest of the seven. MacG.gif

"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted on 17 July 2008 - 09:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

I would have to say season 3. Personality wise, he was strong, full of life and conviction but vulnerable, able to fall in love, able to trust, yet cynical at times, troubled and yet funny. His hair--best in seasons 2-4. Dress best in seasons 3-4, and the dress clothes in season 6--like Blind Faith, Hind Sight--good. Accent didn't change a lot for me--I noticed certain words brought out the Minnesotan accent like the word "pillow" in season5's Legend of the Holy Rose part one when he's yelling at Zoe.

I am a die hard Mac fan so it's hard to rate the seasons based on Mac's personality, dress, hair, and accent.
Best 3, then 2, then 4, then 5, then 1, then 6, then 7. Yeah Mac was best for in seasons 2-5. Season 6 was good, although the clothes? The hair is season 5?

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted on 17 July 2008 - 02:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory

I pretty much like MacGyver from start to finish, though I suppose if I had to pick, I'd probably go with somewhere from Season 2-4 or so, since he had stopped cursing altogether after Season 1. I don't know on this really- kind of a tough question, since it's pretty well enjoyable for me all throughout.

PM                                                                     
MacGyverfan717
Posted on 17 July 2008 - 03:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

Well thank you for your input! So season 7's Mac is your least favorite huh? I like the season 3 one alot too, but I think he seems more experienced in the fourth season.

His dress style seems repetitive though. He has this one outfit that he wears in ALOT of episodes. It consists of his black leather jacket, a T-shirt, black relaxed fit jeans, and his white/grey Nike's. I also like how his hair is just right, it's slightly longer than the third season but shorter than the fith, just in the middle.

The Season 7 Mac seems totally different from the rest ya know? He seems more laid back then ever almost like he doesn't have much to say. But some people probobly like him so I won't criticise! happy.gif

"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted on 17 July 2008 - 05:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

I think for me, seasons 2-4 were the best because the most character development was done in them. I like season 7 a lot--don't misunderstand me--My daughter asked to watch Good Knight MacGyver (both parts) and we did. Then we watched Split Decision and I am watching Deadly Silents. I haven't watched that one in a long time.

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
ghostdoll
Posted on 17 July 2008 - 06:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:D.O.A. MacGyver

Seasons 2-4, but my very best is season 3. In all honesty, I watched the remaining seasons just to be aware of what the others members may be talking about but only once. I really don't like the last 3 seasons and I act as if they never existed. I only bought the first 4 seasons anyway.

"Home. Enough is enough. I will not, under any circumstances, for any reason whatsoever answer the phone... probably... again." - MacGyver (S1-10: Target MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 18 July 2008 - 08:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

I really don't like the last 3 seasons and I act as if they never existed.

How can you say that? ohmy.gif
With episodes like Cease Fire, Serenity, The Treasure of Manco, Passages, Humanity, Lesson in Evil, Obsessed, Good Knight MacGyver.

To me I always liked the more matured MacGyver season 5 and 7. I don't pay attention to his looks much anyway. Since I grew up with mostly 6 and 7 season episodes is his white T-shirt and jeans outfit to me his standard outfit. First episode he wore it was in Black Rhino and after that he wore it in most of the 'major' episodes. Passages, The Wall (I think), Good Knight MacGyver and The Stringer.

Best season is... well I'd always stay true to the later season as well. But indeed what has made to serie to what's is supposed to be is the third season. The whole series should've been like that. That's something what this site made clear to me and I got a big respect towards Nikki Carpenter recently. If the series would've been remade I'd say Nikki Carpenter and Jack Dalton should've had at least 4 appearances each season. Murdoc also and there would've been bigger storylines as well.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted on 18 July 2008 - 10:34 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

I agree with you MG about Nikki, Jack and Murdoc. One good thing too about seasons 3 and 6-7: no Penny Parker!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 18 July 2008 - 03:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

The only reason I began disliking Penny Parker is because Teri Hatcher once said in an interview that RDA did nothing else but cheat on her.

He just dates a lot.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted on 18 July 2008 - 05:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker

I always liked season 3, then 5. Not too fond of 7--except Good Knight, MacGyver.

As in all series, there were some BAD episodes, but only one I'll never watch again, and that's only becase the actor had a REALLY annoying voice. (Shelley Berman in "Honest Abe")

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 18 July 2008 - 07:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (MacGyverfan717 @ 18 July 2008 - 11:39 AM)
The Season 7 Mac seems totally different from the rest ya know? He seems more laid back then ever almost like he doesn't have much to say. But some people probobly like him so I won't criticise! happy.gif

I remember reading a review somewhere which thought both the actors and writers seemed tired and mechanical and lacked the enthusiasm of previous seasons.

I think that is probably what your interpreting as laid back.

Personally my favorite season, like many others here, is the 3rd season, with season 2 being a close second. I don't think theres that much difference between MacGyver in season 2 and 3.

Season 2 they had obviously sorted out some character background and direction so the actors knew what they where doing and where they where taking their characters.

I think season 3 simply continued to built on the confidence and direction from season 2, which allowed everyone to really hit the stride. Everyone knew what they where doing and where they where going and worked in sync and that really comes through in season 3 episodes.

Season 4 had a bit of a different feel to it, which I think I've talked about before. And of coarse we started getting more of the Social Worker MacGyver from then on.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverfan717
Posted on 19 July 2008 - 04:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 19 July 2008 - 03:54 PM)
[QUOTE=MacGyverfan717,18 July 2008 - 11:39 AM]
Season 4 had a bit of a different feel to it, which I think I've talked about before. And of coarse we started getting more of the Social Worker MacGyver from then on.

Yes it did. It's almost an entirley new feel. I bought season 4 before I got to see the third season and I was shocked at how much it changed from the first and second seasons. EVERYTHING was different! Especially since I didn't get to see him move into the Houseboat. Once I finally got season 3 everything made perfect sense!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Braddock
Posted on 1 August 2008 - 07:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: tinker small

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:pilot, the gauntlet
House:  Observatory

MacG.gif the season 1 MacGyver !! smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll