This is a reply only forum.
If you wish to start a new topic please post it in the MacGyver Reboot forum.

1-2 Metal Saw
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Macgyver12186
Posted: 2 October 2016 - 07:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

QUOTE (MacsJeep @ 2 October 2016 - 09:27 AM)
Ah..I knew there was something else that annoyed me that I'd forgotten to mention...

Thank you for reminding me MacGyver12186 - The Mac I know would never keep using Angus, we all know dang well he hated it that much it was a no go area for him, and yet "this" Mac seems to flaunt it. A very small nitpick, I know, but its just another little thing they have gotten wrong that ads to the whole mess.

I am just not feeling it. Sorry guys. sad.gif

I think the issue for a lot of and myself included is we are comparing this to seasons 1-7 of the original and kind of cherry picking to be honest. has either Episode 1 or 2 beaten the likes of such classic episodes as Partners Dalton Master of spies Obsesssed Halloween Knights Cleo Rocks etc... No but it does if we are going to be honest does it beat out the worst episodes like Honest Abe (I'm a spy your a spy we're all spies...) Tough Boys etc... I'd say yes. Like i said if i was to some how rank all of the episodes and the 2 tvmovies and the young macgyver pilot The Rising and Metal Saw would hardly be anywhere near the bottom or the top to be honest. I would put them some where in the middle so better then say twenty questions (or as i call it tonight Macgyver makes a special guest star appearens in a very special episode of Blossom) but not as good as Strictly Business (the worst of the murdoc episodes) if that makes any sense.

I think in stead of cherry picking our favorite episodes from Seasons 1-7 and comparing it to that we should look at the seasons as a whole and compare it some of our least favorite episodes and see how we feel then.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsJeep
Posted: 2 October 2016 - 08:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:

The thing is, I just don't like it, there is absolutely no heart and soul to it like there was the original. I can't explain it beyond that, but when the actors talk, its just that - acting. I don't believe a word of it. The Wilt scenes at the parole office were pointless and boring, and the emotional stuff made me want to turn away from the TV.

There was some terrible original episodes, some dodgy effects, and some really bad writing, but it never lost that "something" that this version just hasn't had, and I really don't think will get now. To me, its just "another" action show.

I can really see Five-O in the way its all done as well, and I wasn't a fan of that, either. Too fast, too violent, too much shaky camerawork to supposedly add to the action scenes etc etc.

This show is what we Brits call "Marmite" I can see it is going to be something you either like, ,or you hate. And I'm afraid I have decided I am one of the latter.

To each his own, and I really hope those that like it get what they want from it. But after this week's I'm not going to bother with it anymore.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
shadowrider
Posted: 2 October 2016 - 01:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I agree with who said that this episode was better than the pilot, but still far from good. And that is, even if not compared to the original.
The black kid parts in particular were extremely annoying, and the cgi (like when bullets hit the car) are awful.
The good thing is that there were some nifty mecguyverisms: the night vision goggles, in particular, were cool.
But I don't quite like how they're filmed - I mean, Mecguyverisms were 99% of the cool factor in MacGuyver. Here it seems like they skim over them, they're too fast, too split-sceened, too not indulging. I don't mind the words-over, but take your time to show and explain Mac's "magic".
For now, I'm still on board, hoping for improvement.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 2 October 2016 - 05:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

You can't compare the two series/eras. And, more importantly, you can't compare the target audiences of then and now nor the products paying the big advert bucks to support the airing of the show. Totally separate, more screening, more reins in this day and age. Accordingly, the new MacGyver has to adapt to the times and all the corporate politics that comes with it.

So, if I'm in bed with the NRA and paying megabucks for advertising space and Mac disses guns, then I'm pulling the plug in a heartbeat. A very touchy-feely topic these days and a massive political football as we head into the election. So they will walk a fine line with that issue - FOREVER.

Hockey - today's Mac can't possibly have an interest in hockey because it's a sport that's very low in TV ratings in the USA. You need to appease (not pee off) as many viewers as possible within the first several episodes ... or the series will be toast. Also better (for ratings) to have a team theme and so that if a viewer is more apt to get hooked on at least one regular, if the star(in any given viewer's mind) flunks out. I think the producers can please the old audience to a certain extent but there are also characteristics totally out of their control in this day & age. And they're in a very, very, deep hole to begin with in being given the Friday night death slot.

Having said all that, I tend to agree with the general consensus in that it's lacking the main character features and style that endeared him so much to us. That may improve slightly if the series gets some longevity, but don't count on it, & only slightly so if any .... and prepare for much more of the same in the generic/team schlock department.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacDobromir
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 12:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: camper/handyman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Motorcycle

QUOTE (Joe SAKic @ 2 October 2016 - 05:52 PM)

Hockey - today's Mac can't possibly have an interest in hockey because it's a sport that's very low in TV ratings in the USA.

I think Joe that there is no hockey in reboot simply because Lucas doesn't play hockey.

I don't mind lack of this sport in the show, but for sure it was part of Mac's personality.
And that is a problem with this reboot for me from the beginnig- producers shouldn't search for the main role someone who is RDA look- alike but more someone with similar personality.

"Any problem can be solved with a little ingenuity." MacGyver

"Eureka!" Dobromir

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 01:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners

I haven't seen the episode (the show isn't airing here yet) so I can't comment on the individual episode but what I will say is making too many changes is only going to alienate the current fans.

Things like changing the backstory of MacGyver's childhood is unnecessary and disconnects the character further from the original.

It's things like that which really makes me wonder just how much these guys actually understand what they're working with.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 03:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Episode:The Human Factor

When you see a show you either connect to it from its characters or you dont. So far, i havent connected to anyone. It just seems lifeless to me. It uses the same formula as H50 but its imbalanced because its supposed to be about one person. And yet there is not enough attention brought to the character.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 04:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacDobromir @ 3 October 2016 - 04:01 AM)
QUOTE (Joe SAKic @ 2 October 2016 - 05:52 PM)

Hockey - today's Mac can't possibly have an interest in hockey because it's a sport that's very low in TV ratings in the USA.

I think Joe that there is no hockey in reboot simply because Lucas doesn't play hockey.

I don't mind lack of this sport in the show, but for sure it was part of Mac's personality.
And that is a problem with this reboot for me from the beginnig- producers shouldn't search for the main role someone who is RDA look- alike but more someone with similar personality.

No, it's true - they can't possibly work it now and have it come across as sincere/authentic. They would have needed to script that into the casting and have hired an actor from either Minnesota, Massachusetts, Michigan (US Hockey Hotbeds) ... or Canada. Wearing my fan hat I say it's an essentially part of the Mac character, make-up. But if I put on my producer's hat, there's no way in heck that this Mac reboot will have an interest in hockey because it's too much work and doesn't pay back nearly as much in the ratings department.

So .. squeak, squeak, squish, squish, swish (sounds of basketball when you close your eyes and listen) - it is!!!!! biggrin.gif

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

Miasma
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 05:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 3 October 2016 - 09:04 PM)
Things like changing the backstory of MacGyver's childhood is unnecessary and disconnects the character further from the original.

I'm giving the writers the benefit of the doubt on this one, for now.

For example, Mac's parents: In the original series, both his parents were dead, but that didn't really factor into the show too much. Sure, it got mentioned in a small handful of episodes, but that's about it. For the most part, it wasn't something the audience thought about.

In the reboot, his mother died, and his father abandoned him. So it's still the same basic idea (Mac spent a large portion of his life without his parents), but I'm assuming that the writers had a reason for keeping his father alive in this version. I doubt it's just a random change for no purpose. Presumably, Mac's father will end up playing a role at some point, and that will possibly add some interesting dynamics to Mac's character. If that can lead to more interesting stories and characters, great.

I think one of the goals of a reboot is not to just do the exact same thing again with a different cast, but to take aspects of the original, and rework them into something that the writers think can be more interesting. We'll see if it pays off or not.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Viriato
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 05:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Blow Out

I stopped watching 10 minutes in to the episode... despite all the references to the original show it just doesn't do it for me, it just looks like one more tv series like we see nowadays, there is a new one every month. Sorry.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 06:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Yeah, it's got that Indie Music feel. I like a lot of that music but much of it is so similar and the musicians all have the same expression and body language - so much so that if you took a few band members from one group and swapped them with another - nobody would ever notice. laugh.gif Probably didn't articulate that very well, but that's the analogy that came to mind. Very generic, and machine made with fewer, and fewer brash and distinctive characteristics. Go out on a limb and show us some 'character' for C----t sake! biggrin.gif

angus20
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 09:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:all

Seems some ppl haven't being able to watch the new show as they are located in some parts of the globe outside US, but well I'm lucky enough that my cable company provides CBS, anyway last friday I couldn't watch the show so I watched the 2nd episode online (yes anyone can find it online, outside CBS) wink.gif

however, I got to support "MacsJeep" the show lacks of heart, it's just difficult to describe and also some of the stuff that is being shown, I don't know, it doesn't fit with my perception of Macgyver. Too many guns and can someone explain to me how Patricia T. is able to teleport form LA to Venezuela, I'm losing interest in this new show!

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
MACGYVERISMYDAD
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 09:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Exec. Wenger

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

One of my main gripes with the new show is that it seams more like team macgyver. Jack almost seemed like the main character for most of the episode with mac playing as his side kick. I don't mind him having company here and there, but I don't want mac to always have a team of help.

Now technically I'm driving a stolen car following a kidnapping... and I didn't even get to have my first cup of coffee. (Mac)
Your burning hot MacGyver... And so is Pete! ! (Murdoc)
Does anyone have a knife?? Yes...it has lots of different blades (Macgyver music plays while mac examines the knief) ...I know
Why are you taking your pants off?? You got a better idea? I'm still trying to figure out what yours is!!

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 11:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

We do have the channel CBS. However, the original MacGyver series was supplanted by a series named "Tropical Heat."

I wonder whether they will air the series in South Africa, besides, with all the negative commentary and terrible ratings, why would it be a good idea for me to consider watching it at all? Go read the remarks on the IMDB site. Poorly scripted, and many have stated again and again that this is not MacGyver.

dry.gif

Miasma
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 11:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Macgyver1985 @ 4 October 2016 - 07:02 AM)
We do have the channel CBS. However, the original MacGyver series was replaced by a series named "Tropical Heat." I wonder whether they will air the series in South Africa, furthermore, with all the negative commentary and bad ratings, why should I even consider watching it at all? Go read the comments on the IMDB website. Poorly scripted, and as many have stated over and over that this is not MacGyver!

dry.gif

Yeah, don't be too upset if you're not able to watch it. I haven't been as harsh on this show as some people have been, and I keep trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, assuming that it might improve over time, but I have to admit that you're not missing much. At best, this show is a mildly entertaining (but forgettable) way to pass an hour. I can't honestly say I'd miss it if they announce that it's being cancelled.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 01:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Yeah, don't be too upset if you're not able to watch it. I haven't been as harsh on this show as some people have been, and I keep trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, assuming that it might improve over time, but I have to admit that you're not missing much. At best, this show is a mildly entertaining (but forgettable) way to pass an hour. I can't honestly say I'd miss it if they announce that it's being cancelled.

I did a quick search on YouTube and came across "The Rising" episode, not the best quality but viewable, considering it will most presumably never air in South Africa.

I have to agree with you; it was certainly entertaining. The site from which I download most of my series and movies were recently shut down. Therefore I will have to go in search for an alternative site soon! smile.gif

shadowrider
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 06:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Macgyver1985, I downloaded both episodes via torrent, the day after they aired, and the quality was good (I'm not in the US).

Anyway, I think what is going to turn most fans off is that the original MacGuyver was a role model, a person that we looked up to yet were able to connect to.
And of course, for obvious reasons, it's not going to feel the same with the new Mac. But that was probably to be expected.

Also, this is the 3rd incarnation of MacGuyver. I wonder if the one from Fugitive Gauntlet felt more similar to RDA's Mac than this.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Walter
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 07:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Log Jam

QUOTE (shadowrider @ 3 October 2016 - 10:50 PM)
Also, this is the 3rd incarnation of MacGuyver. I wonder if the one from Fugitive Gauntlet felt more similar to RDA's Mac than this.

I think it did ShadowRider.

Reading the comic felt much more like an episode of MacGyver. But then the guy who wrote it was a hugh MacGyver fan and understood the character better then this lot.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 3 October 2016 - 10:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (shadowrider @ 4 October 2016 - 02:50 PM)
Macgyver1985, I downloaded both episodes via torrent, the day after they aired, and the quality was good (I'm not in the US).

Anyway, I think what is going to turn most fans off is that the original MacGuyver was a role model, a person that we looked up to yet were able to connect to.
And of course, for obvious reasons, it's not going to feel the same with the new Mac. But that was probably to be expected.

Shadowrider, i'm sure you know that is not legal. Most are trying to find a legal means of streaming / viewing these shows. Unfortunately every country has its own laws which prohibit certain shows from being aired

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
shadowrider
Posted: 4 October 2016 - 07:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (denizen @ 3 October 2016 - 10:10 PM)
Shadowrider, i'm sure you know that is not legal. Most are trying to find a legal means of streaming / viewing these shows. Unfortunately every country has its own laws which prohibit certain shows from being aired

But then isn't it also any streaming outside of CBS?
Anyway, did I brake any of the forum laws? If so, I apologize.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 4 October 2016 - 08:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Not necessarily. It depends what shows are licensed in what country. Since it is not being aired in your country, there is a possibility that a network might be able to stream this in your area since nobody has technically bought the license to air it exclusively.

Unfortunately i am not certain of your countries laws so you might need to look it up.

You haven't broken any forum laws so no need to apologise biggrin.gif

However you view your entertainment is entirely your prerogative but we try not to emphasize the particulars of what we "download from this torrent" or "illegally stream that show" There are thousands of guests that read our posts and the last thing we need to to make anyone think we are doing illegal activities. unsure.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Danjo1
Posted: 5 October 2016 - 11:03 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Tinker, Camper

Favorites
Episode:The Challenge
House:  Loft

I really dislike the tone and direction of the new show. I miss the way the original show was done. RDA was 35 when the show started (in other words a grown-up), and he had a maturity about him that's completely missing here. I think they have brought in Wilt to try to replicate the chemistry that Mac had with Jack in the original series, since they completely revamped Jack's character in this one. None of it works very well. As others have mentioned, there are too many characters in the show at the same time. It all feels shallow/superficial. The original show wasn't King Lear, but it was true to itself and treated the characters as real people; this one has everyone seeming like caricatures. It's very cartoonish and tries too hard to be hip.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 6 October 2016 - 05:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I agree with you; I too don't admire the whole ''team'' involvement. Furthermore, I haven't seen episode two, so I can't generally comment on how great or terrible it was.

Welcome to the forums! biggrin.gif

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 6 October 2016 - 09:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

Reboot Specialist

SAK owned: a red one ;-)

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker

I wouldn't mind the team aspect so much - if it wasn't a gun-wielding back-up team. Original MacGyver didn't need one and New MacGyver shouldn't need a gun-wielding back-up team; but apparently he does as in Episode 2 he actually had 3!! gun-wielding team-members (Jack, Sarah Adler, Thornton) protecting him. All he had to do was hide behind them.

With the fast-paced storytelling and the breezing over the MacGyverisms, I can't really "feel" Mac. It's like he's only in the background and not the most important member of the team. Sure, the others can be interesting characters, too and I don't mind if they get their own time to shine - but HE should be the most important member since the show is named after him and all that...

I felt this episode was Jack's episode - I wouldn't mind it so much later in the season, but this felt wrong; like they're trying to force this new Jack Dalton onto us and make us like him.

That's always a sign you might be in trouble if your dashboard is on fire...
Currently blogging about the MacGyver Reboot on Dashboard On Fire

PMUsers Website                                                                     
tvero
Posted: 6 October 2016 - 10:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Blow Out

I agree.I think that it's too early to focus on another character, I mean Jack.
We aren't even used to the 'new' Mac yet.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 7 October 2016 - 03:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

This episode was not to my liking since it was to some degree confusing, and throughout a few scenes, I found that it was hard to comprehend what was being said due to the background music being so loud.

I can particularly recall Jack Dalton not consistently being by MacGyvers side in the original series, nevertheless, in this reboot, Jack is given more prominence, rather than the main character "MacGyver." I also disliked the way the MacGyverisms were done; that said I trust they can better this series, and I firmly believe it can turn out to be very successful! biggrin.gif

Voted this episode 2/5. Much improvement is needed!

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 22 June 2017 - 02:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Reboot Specialist

Favorites

There will be another rerun of this episode on July 14: http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article...4-2017-20170622

PMUsers Website                                                                     
DashboardOnFire
Posted: 5 September 2018 - 09:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Reboot Specialist

Favorites

Here's the blog post by Rhett Allain - Technical Consultant for the Reboot - about the "MacHacks" used in this episode: https://rhettallain.com/2018/08/06/macgyver...pisode-2-hacks/

PMUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 2 October 2018 - 07:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

This episode also didn't disappoint. The boat blowing up reminded me of A Prisoner of Conscience but indeed, they killed those guys. That one made me go like: 'in the original they would've gotten off the boat first.'

Again, the MacGyverism moments roared over my screen like a tornado. I don't mind the onscreen texts of the material he uses at all, but I'm not hot on the split-screens of the material. I hardly have time to see everything and whoops a couple of seconds later the ism is done. He made a frigging night goggles, a totally new ism, how cool is that? When it comes to MacGyver thinking ahead in his plans even before he goes in somewhere all I can think of is season's 4 tagline: "He acts fast, he thinks faster."

I also have to agree that Jack is really present and pretty much shadows over MacGyver's presence. But this is still early and this was more of Jack-centric episode. Something we had to wait for till season 2.

The gun-wielding team... I like it that Jack is the muscle and provides back up. Don't forget this is something totally different from the original. Don't compare it with that, because it's not that. The reboot is clearly more military and it didn't seem that long ago. MacGyver was send to Vietnam, yes, so he did his military service at the time. Of Jack, we don't know but probably too but that war was long over before the show started.

Maybe this Mac has less of a problem with guns than the original. He still not using them which I think is good. How, why is as far as I know not revealed yet. But I think they also want to be careful not to make it preachy. Which I think is a valid pitfall. In MacsJeep story Fight Club, I read that Mac had his doubts about children performing karate because basically it's kids fighting... if we start like that everything is a problem. And I don't think it's up to him to tell people what to do simply because he doesn't like it. On the gun use, I can agree but that might have a reason that can be explained later on. I think if Reboot Mac said: 'No guns,' they would laugh their asses off as if he had anything to say in the matter. Mac's the brains, Jack is the muscle. Just don't forget that this Mac doesn't have to have same problem our Mac has.

And when it comes to the things this Mac does: those bombs he threw, the fact he seems to be into basketball... there are lot of things the original did as well.

MacGyver drank wine in The Heist.

MacGyver has a basketball and hoop in season 2 which is seen again in season 7. So he must've had some sort of
interest in the sport or else he wouldn't have had one. MacGyver plays hockey... that guy stands on knives when he does.

MacGyver caused many explosions mainly for distractions but did he ever consider that people might get hurt in the process? So the argument that he throws bombs here is not exactly a valid point. You do know MacGyver threw the bomb out the window in Off The Wall and it took out the bad guys and the car? I was also thinking about the mortar he made in Three For The Road. He didn't seem to be aiming for the hood but straight at the car. The mortar could've gone right through the windshield. If it ended in the driver's face, it could've ended much worse.

And I thought we pretty much agreed that MacGyver actually killed Glass in Log Jam. He deliberately waited long enough to jump off the conveyor belt before Glass had the chance to jump off.

Don't make our original Mac a saint because he did things too the new one is doing.

The score is alright but indeed updated to today's standards. It wouldn't hurt to hear bits of the theme song in it or any other memorable MacGyverism tunes in it. Remember Mac taking out the rocket in the Pilot episode or Strictly Business with getting through the wires?

Anyway this was another good one in my opinion.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Miasma
Posted: 2 October 2018 - 09:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

@MacGyverGod-- Thanks for posting these reviews! It's interesting to read your comments about these early episodes now, and to kind of re-watch the series through your eyes. And it's refreshing to read such positive comments. A lot of us were pretty negative about the series, especially at the beginning.

I'm sure there will be some episodes you won't like (as with any show), but overall, I think the series got stronger towards the end of season 1 and throughout season 2. And season 3 is off to a good start. So since you're already liking it now, you're in for a treat.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll