Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Strictly Business
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat

QUOTE (AussieMacFan @ 24 June 2013 - 06:41 PM)
roller.gif
Happy Birthday Mac, you got a psycho with a lifetime guarantee...

Laughing Out Very Loud!

laugh.gif

"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

PM                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 24 June 2013 - 04:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I never even noticed that before!!

roller.gif

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 June 2013 - 02:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Hahahaha! roller.gif
Um, what? unsure.gif
Mmm? hmm.bmp

Guys, I think this is incorrect. Why is that even saying March 23 1980? Is there any indication to that date? Any dates mentioned in the episode? Because that would also mean Mac met Pete on his birthday? A best friend and an arch-nemesis as a birthday present?

Wasn't that supposed to be March 2 1980? The airdate of the episode is March 2 1987? And it was the seventh anniversary. I think that makes more sense.

But what does deserve a mention is that Bushmaster was aired on March 23.
Though maybe not exactly something to place it on the timeline because it wouldn't make sense. This would fit more in the trivia section because this would probably mean that Bushmaster was aired on the moment Friends was being filmed. So if Mac wasn't kidnapped to his birthday party and stayed home watching some television the odds were very great that he would see himself on his latest adventure on television while zapping. biggrin.gif

Interesting though that this is the case. The resignation letter reads March 23 1987. So we can say it was filmed that day and that about two weeks later on April 6, it was being aired. So the episodes were really brand new and hot from the truck when aired.

And if you look at those airdates interesting how mostly an episode was aired weekly, sometimes every two weeks and as I saw just now every three weeks. There are like three weeks in between between Friends and D.O.A. MacGyver. How could you guys even keep track in those days?

But back to the meeting date. I don't think Mac met Pete and Murdoc on his birthday in 1980. Because it wouldn't have been seven years than. If it was Partners was set like three weeks into the future. Nice way to celebrate one though but no, I don't buy it.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MDBfan
Posted: 25 June 2013 - 04:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Strictly Business

Oops..I forgot about "Friends". doh.gif
It's good you are here to explain things MacGyverGod! smile.gif

Yes, I wonder why someone assumed the date for "Partners" to be March 23. I just checked the newspaper Pete found in the cab, looking for a clue, but that was an old one; obituary for someone who passed away in 1964!

Attached Image
Attached Image

"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

PM                                                                     
AussieMacFan
Posted: 9 July 2013 - 01:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (MDBfan @ 25 June 2013 - 10:00 PM)
Oops..I forgot about "Friends". doh.gif
It's good you are here to explain things MacGyverGod! smile.gif

Yes, I wonder why someone assumed the date for "Partners" to be March 23. I just checked the newspaper Pete found in the cab, looking for a clue, but that was an old one; obituary for someone who passed away in 1964!

Actually, I just figured that out, just before I read these posts...

I noticed the obituary ages ago, I've been meaning to post about it. biggrin.gif

"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
AussieMacFan
Posted: 9 July 2013 - 01:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Jacket:  Black leather

Oh, and thank you all, for finding my post so amusing. *bows*

"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 24 March 2017 - 03:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
House:  ---

In The Lost Amadeus MacGyver says he's 39. That episode aired in 1990 which means he was born in 1951 not 1952. hmm.bmp

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 24 March 2017 - 04:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

And Penny is born February 20 1962 and not October 31 1963. hmm.bmp

RDA was 39 at the time of the filming if this episode was filmed before January 23. Yet even than it would make sense since this episode aired March 19, four days before Mac's birthday.

I think most writers had to start from scratch and did it with what they had. I don't think writers were allowed to hit the archives and watch old episodes to avoid inconsistencies or else we wouldn't have had this many. With this Paul Margolis created his second inconsistency. In Black Rhino he caused a big one since Pete mentions they hired Frank and Jesse once to find Ladysmith a couple of years before, which is totally impossible since Pete met Frank only a few weeks before during the Black Corsage and Mac met Jesse only earlier that year when they were looking for Jack's mother. If what Pete says is true Ma Dalton and Black Corsage (another Paul Margolis written episode) doesn't make sense anymore because MacGyver met Jesse for the first time in Ma Dalton and Pete first heard of Frank in Black Corsage.

The whole Colton thing doesn't make much sense either. Billy's only family were his brothers and Mac according to Pete while in Squeeze Play they suddenly have a mother. I mean go figure. doh.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll