Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Camper Red

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat

Well ! I have looked at Good Knight , MacGyver as I said I would. ( only the first part .) And I can say with confidence that when I said he was hit on the right side of the head, I was referring to the second part of the episode. At the end, when he is returning to the present day. So , . . . Rocky. I can actually say we are BOTH right. Because I saw that when the flower pot hit him on the head, it was on the left side and that he fell down and landed on the left side of his head. But I was referring to at the end of the second part when he was coming back. When Morgana shot and killed him, he landed on the right side of his head. I thought it was very well done in slow motion . Perhaps to accentuate the fact that it is our hero that is being shot . ( Ooooh ! The drama ! The tragedy of it all ! ) But seriously, folks . I just gotta say, that I love this episode.
Also I was looking on another site and someone was saying that one of Richard's brothers appeared in this episode. I think they were saying it was his brother , Jimmy . Does anyone else know of this ? ( Sorry, I am not meaning to spread any rumours - true or not . I am simply asking if someone else agrees or not .)
Sincerely,
Katey Mackay

PMEmail PosterYahooMSN                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted on 14 March 2007 - 01:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Hey Kate, there's a discussion going about his younger bro being in GKM, here's the link. It's no rumour happy.gif

http://rdanderson.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1877

kicking.gif

Kate Mackay
Posted on 14 March 2007 - 01:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:

Yeah, Sheepy . That is the place I was referring to. Thanx for that link , anyway. That is where I was seeing that info . And you are saying it is true ? WOW ! Thanx for that. Hahaha. Kewl .
Sincerely,
Katey Mackay

PMEmail PosterYahooMSN                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted on 14 March 2007 - 01:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Well, when I look at the pics I can see some resemblance. Not entirely sure it's his brother, but he looks like him.... hmm.bmp

MacGyverGod
Posted on 14 March 2007 - 02:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 14 March 2007 - 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 15 March 2007 - 01:53 AM)
Our right is his left.
If you stand in front of me, your left is my right.

*holds up a mirror*

Now say that again. smile.gif

Our right is his left.
If you stand in front of me, your left is my right.

Also I was looking on another site and someone was saying that one of Richard's brothers appeared in this episode. I think they were saying it was his brother , Jimmy .

Hey Kate, there's a discussion going about his younger bro being in GKM, here's the link. It's no rumour

ohmy.gif He has a brother? ohmy.gif

About the wound. Let's just put it simply. He falls on the left side of his face causing the wound in the present time. He gets shot and falls to his right to wake. Period.

I thought it was very well done in slow motion . Perhaps to accentuate the fact that it is our hero that is being shot . ( Ooooh ! The drama ! The tragedy of it all ! )

That is so true. You can't get better than that. Morgana screaming, MacGyver turning around, pow!, Morgana dies, explosion, MacGyver slowly falls down and ends the dream. And that suite suits him so well. The whole thing is full of plotholes and yet so enjoyable. I guess we can add this one up to the MacGyver Classics. biggrin.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Kate Mackay
Posted on 14 March 2007 - 04:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:

Yes, MacGyverGod . He has a brother. In fact, he has three brothers. From what I understand , though. None of them are in the business ( of acting ), now. But I guess at the time when he ( Richard ) was doing this episode of MacGyver, supposedly it was the case. I think it is Jimmy ( the youngest of the brothers ) that appeared in this episode.
Sincerely,
Katey Mackay

PMEmail PosterYahooMSN                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 20 March 2007 - 02:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Episode:Serenity
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I just adore the scene where Pete at King Arthur entrusts Mac with the mission to rescue Cicilia and clear his family name, and when he knights MacGyver and gives him the amulet... *sigh* I watch those scenes over and over.

biggrin.gif Mac in studded leather! *thud!*

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 21 March 2007 - 09:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 20 March 2007 - 11:27 PM)
I just adore the scene where Pete at King Arthur entrusts Mac with the mission to rescue Cicilia and clear his family name, and when he knights MacGyver and gives him the amulet... *sigh* I watch those scenes over and over.

biggrin.gif Mac in studded leather! *thud!*

This amulet, I have it my possession for many years.

It's meant only for knights of the round table. Now, we are one. Godspeed my son! biggrin.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 5 August 2008 - 01:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Something just occurred to me.

That first scene when MacGyver pushes the bride and groom out of the way...

If he did that today, he'd probably be sued by the couple for grazes to their knees, damage to the dress and anything else they could think of. dry.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted on 5 August 2008 - 05:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather

No kidding! You try to help, and all you do is end up with pesky legal problems instead. laugh.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SHEILA
  Posted on 5 August 2008 - 11:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
House:  Second Loft

I really liked this epo. I think RDA did a really good job of acting out how confussed he was to be in the 7th centry.He seemed to relly get into the part well. I love the whole dialog between him and Merlen. That was funny. I also loved it went when Mac read the message on the wall. That is one of my fave qutoes.

Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Miasma
Posted on 26 March 2009 - 08:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

This is one of those embarrassingly bad episodes where I actually feel bad for the poor actors who had to be in it.
Part 2, fortunately, is better. It's still silly, of course, but not as cringe-worthy as this first part.

One thing I have to say, though, that I'm really enjoying about Season 7 (which I'm watching now)-- It's back to being about fun adventures, and so far every episode has at least a couple of MacGyverisms. Seasons 5 and 6 got a bit preachy, and there sometimes be entire episodes without a single Mac-ism. At least in Season 7, we're back to just having fun.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted on 12 April 2009 - 11:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

When I first saw this one I thought it was a Movie.
I liked the fact MacGyver was trying to show the people how he uses his "magic" so to speak, by lighting a flameand showing off his knife.

Makedde
Posted on 7 October 2011 - 08:58 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Hell Week

I saw Part 2 before I saw Part 1, saw this one today and I loved it! I laughed all the way through, it was just non stop fun.

Mac lighting his match to create fire 'With this tiny stick...I have fire' and they all just stand there like he's condured up a pink elephant or something haha.

And when he's in Merlins tent making his little science thingymy that he does and says that Merlin aint too smart to have created the poison that nearly killed Arthur. Not in too many words but the implication was there and of course Merlin didn't get it.

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsLegacyLiveForever
Posted on 11 October 2011 - 02:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Eagles, Passages

I vote Excellent!! happy.gif happy.gif Love this episode.

"I guess the way you look at the world depends on where you are. From up here it looked like a pretty nice place."

"When I was a kid, my grandfather used to say to me that ... a fellow's life wasn't worth mentioning if he hadn't shared it with some folks along the way."

"Goodbye, Grandpa."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Rocket
Posted on 30 August 2013 - 10:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights

Having read some of the comments on this one, I wasn't sure I was going to like it! I'm not a massive fan of the 'bang on head, transports our hero to another world' idea. It's got a bit overused by now...

I've seen a lot of Monty Python and a lot of Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (TV series), so the knights made me shout stuff at the telly and Merlin reminds me of Slartibartfast whistle.gif
Also, my Mum's comment on the knights was, "They're a right load of prats, this lot, aren't they!"

But I did like the use of the matches and the knife, I did like Mac's patience with the whole thing wearing thin and I did like evil, feline Morgana biggrin.gif

Edit: And I forgot to look for The Other Anderson! Does anyone know which of the knights he is?

Rollerskating at right angles to reality

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
cmbj67
Posted on 8 August 2014 - 03:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Cease Fire, but not only

I don't know which one, I didn't even know his brother was in this episode until today! huh.gif I just knew he tried the acting career.

Anyway, about the episode, I voted good thumbup.gif because it's a little different from the usual but I like it. It's a funny episode biggrin.gif , I like the interaction Mac/Merlin, several scenes and I like Mac dressed as a knight.

The only thing I don't like are those clear lenses he's wearing, I prefer his dark eyes. whistle.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 17 October 2016 - 12:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: lots of blades

Favorites
Episode:Negotiator; Endangered
Vehicle: Truck

QUOTE (Mac @ 10 March 2007 - 11:52 AM)
How do they come up these ideas?! I mean, a Minnesotan in King Arthur's Court? Were the writers all on crack that day?! How could anyone have thought that this would be a Good Idea? Didn't anyone stop to think that, hey, this might be the stupidest idea in the universe and really pushing the boundaries of what was done with the western episodes?! hmm.bmp

I'm glad that the answer to those questions is 'No' because GKM is just so much fun!!!  roller.gif

Setting aside, this is a classic MacGyver--plenty of adventure, clever MacGyverisms, Mac risking his neck to aid someone he hardly knows... It's cheesy, clichéd, funny, tender, and shocking. I mean, Mac dies at the end!!! Not exactly the ending one would expect for such a campy episode.

Henry Winkler gave the world the term "jumping the shark". I find it useful to remember that whilst contemplating the ridiculousness of some of these episodes.

"They have no idea how well they cast this."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 17 October 2016 - 12:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Mac @ 10 March 2007 - 11:52 AM)
My only nitpick with this ep is at the end, when the paramedic (Merlin) helps MacGyver up. Okay, first aid has probably changed a heck of a lot in 20 years, but with a bonk like that, there's no way one of my patients would be getting up. Oh, no, he'd be on the way to the hospital.

Someone should also have told Mac that trying to feel for a pulse for about a second and then saying, "He's dead" is ... not scientific. Someone should also have said this to Bones on "Star Trek" also ...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 17 October 2016 - 12:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

Also - what has Mac got against shields?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 18 October 2016 - 04:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

'I like to travel lightly, Sire. My suit's heavy enough.' Ring any bells?

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 19 October 2016 - 11:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 18 October 2016 - 04:08 AM)
'I like to travel lightly, Sire. My suit's heavy enough.' Ring any bells?

I suppose it would be quite heavy to someone used to modern clothing. I was just thinking a shield would have been useful.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 19 October 2016 - 01:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams

Not really... since they have a travel, a shield would have been very impractical, not to mention heavy to carry for such a long trek... but it's still not as impractical as Merlin's wine. lol

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 19 October 2016 - 02:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 19 October 2016 - 01:01 PM)
Not really... since they have a travel, a shield would have been very impractical, not to mention heavy to carry for such a long trek... but it's still not as impractical as Merlin's wine. lol

You make a good point. I think I was thinking in terms of modern materials. I imagine that ye olden day shields would have been heavy. Although if any historians here know better .......

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 26 October 2016 - 03:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

Another thing is that tracing Mac's ancestry solely through those ancestors with the M'Iver/MacGyver line only tells a small part of the story of his ancestry.

Clearest example: his grandfather's surname was Jackson. Harry was presumably born with the surname Jackson; with parents named Mr and Mrs Jackson and a set of paternal grandparents also named Mr and Mrs Jackson. Just looking at the MacGyver line is ignoring Mac's mother's entire family.

If SAM were to go to the same genealogist, he would probably learn all about his Molloy ancestry and none about Mac's.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 26 October 2016 - 03:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Regardless for lighter, more modern materials, a shield would still be impractical and cumbersome. One of my favorite video game series is called Dragon Age (same timeline). In Dragon Age you have three classes... Warrior, Rogue and Mage. Warriors usually carry shields and long swords. This is because they're physically strong, and their attacks are powerful, but very slow.

MacGyver is actually a Rogue. Rogue's rely on cunning more than physical strength, which makes heavy armor, long swords and shields impractical because it slows them down. Rogue's abilities are speed, sneak and lockpicking... all things MacGyver's does.

I only use this comparison so you get where I'm coming from.

As for Mac's studying his family history... it would make sense that he studied the "MacGyver" name. That IS his last name anyway, and we knew very little about his father or any history regarding the MacGyver name. Through out the entire series, we learned about his grandfather and his mother, the Jackson side. It was only fair, and makes sense, that he studied his father's side, learning about his family name. Otherwise, the show would be called "Jackson".

I also find it interesting that he got his "intelligence" gene from his father's side. My family is the same way. My father is a retired engineer, and comes from a long line of engineers and shipbuilders. His history is actually far more interesting than my mother's.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 26 October 2016 - 05:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

Very interesting about the Rogues and shields. Thank you for your input.

That is a good point: maybe he already knew about his mother's relatives.

Although - taking an interest solely in the MacGyver/M'Iver side of the family doesn't take into account, for example, his paternal grandmother's family (etc).

I get that it was called "MacGyver" rather than "Jackson". That doesn't mean that his father's family is more important than his mother's family. SAM's surname isn't MacGyver, but he's still part of Mac's family.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 26 October 2016 - 05:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

My point was that the show is about "MacGyver", not "Jackson". Neither is the show about Sam. So the audience isn't going to be interested in any other background other than where did MacGyver get his line of thinking from, which came from his father.

I think it was pretty obvious that both his parents were important to him, but to tell the story, it focused on his father's side. You also don't know if perhaps he already researched the rest of his family along with his father. I would think he would have.

However, if they dived into his entire family, the story would be lost and become overly convoluted... which would cause people to tune out.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 26 October 2016 - 11:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

I agree, he would probably have researched both/all branches of his family. I also accept your point about not making things too complicated for the audience.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted on 17 November 2016 - 10:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Ugly Duckling
House:  Loft

I don't know in which aspect ratio they originally filmed the show, but this episode would have been great to see in HD and especially with 2:35:1 format.

Attached Image
Attached Image

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll