Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

According to reports coming from The Hollywood Reporter, Lorne Michaels has indicated that Saturday Night Live might be toying with the idea of making a MacGruber movie.

"It would have to be in the summer because we are back in production in the fall," Michaels told THR when asked about the possible production timing. "We're still in discussions" he added.

MacGruber, of course, is the multi-part MacGyver parody that SNL has aired in the Digital shorts portion of the show and in a series of television commercials the aired during the Superbowl.

Knowing Richard Dean Andersons love of skewed silliness and how he’s already enjoyed being part of the MacGruber skits on SNL, one has to wonder if he would be more inclined to want to be involved in the MacGruber movie over the real MacGyver movie and also how this might affect the efforts of Raffaella Productions to make the MacGyver movie.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 19 May 2009 - 03:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

In many ways I think this will ok, but my other side is saying please don't do this I've seen other movies being made fun of and it just turns me off when people make movies just to make fun of others.

MacsChick
Posted: 19 May 2009 - 06:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

I don't really like this idea at all, unless the MacGruber movie and the MacGyver movie could coexist somehow.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 19 May 2009 - 06:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I can't help wondering if a macGruber movie might not entice RDA into it more than a real MacGyver movie would.

He does seem to be more interested in making fun of the character than doing any serious reincarnations.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 19 May 2009 - 08:43 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Oh boy... I'm not to sure about this. Parody is fun, but prolonged parody can get painful. I don't think I can get behind this idea.

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 20 May 2009 - 08:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Oh, geez, I hope not. Michaels has a habit of taking SNL skits that are slightly humorous at best and trying to make a 2 hour movie of them. They generally suck. sad.gif

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 May 2009 - 11:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

I vote nay. I'm all in favour of reviving the show with RDA in the lead role with a decent action/adventure script but don't ridicule it. The show was way too serious to make fun of now. Come on, Rick!

We know you can do it! The right way!

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 20 May 2009 - 03:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Yeah you have to wonder how they can stretch a 45 second skit into 90 minutes of something worth watching.

doh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 20 May 2009 - 05:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

Remember Night at the Roxbury, anyone? On SNL it was funny (three guys thinking they're hot stuff bobbing their heads to dance music), but when put on the big screen it was just...agony. I have a feeling the outcome would be the same for this concept. I really hope RDA steers clear of it. He's so much better than that. He shouldn't squander his talent.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Miasma
Posted: 22 May 2009 - 08:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Have any of the MacGruber skits even been remotely funny? I haven't seen all of them, but the ones that I have seen were just bad. Besides, if they do make a MacGruber movie, I think it puts the nail in the coffin for a MacGyver movie. The whole franchise will just be seen as a bad joke.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 22 May 2009 - 04:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

I know. sad.gif Does RDA really want that to happen to a character that made his career? It seems to me that sometimes he takes his success with that show for granted.

--Henry David Thoreau

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
Posted: 22 May 2009 - 09:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I don't like MacGruber. I think it is a slap in the face of the character of MacGyver, the actors Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Des Barres, Dana Elcar, and the staff that made MacGyver what it was. Every once in a while yeah for fun. But to make a movie when they are talking about making the MacGyver movie is in plain bad taste. I wonder if there are any copy right infringement laws on this? I know Rocky would know, and don't they know have to get permission from Lee David Zlotoff and company? blowup.gif

PM                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 1 June 2009 - 06:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

i hope they do not make a movie of this it's all fun and games on the show but not in a movie.

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 1 June 2009 - 02:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (SMeeceymouse @ 23 May 2009 - 05:13 PM)
I wonder if there are any copy right infringement laws on this? and don't they know have to get permission from Lee David Zlotoff and company? blowup.gif

As I understand it parody doesn't break copyright, so shows like SNL are fine, and they certainly don't need permission to make fun of someones work. Comedians would be out of work if that were the case. smile.gif

I'm not sure how that would go for a movie though, because there's potentially large sums of money being made from someone elses characters. Having said that, they have done it before (as mentioned already in this thread) so they obviously know what they're doing.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 2 June 2009 - 11:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I've seen many movies, shows and ect being made fun of in a good way, most do it in a bad way, like the scary movies things that just say it's starting to getting old. i do not think they should go ahead with this one, MacGyver is loved by many fans and if they do make it i will not watch it, rent it, buy it or watch it on tv when it comes out. it's just one of things that is close to my heart and I do not wish it to be blackened by the SNL people, or Hollywood in that matter.

MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 June 2009 - 01:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

I have never heard or seen the films of this guy actually. Others I have and I think since the creators of the Naked Gun has taken their hands on Scary Movie it became much better.

But those who tried to make fun out of MacGyver before the actual movie comes out is an enemy.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll