Disclaimer      

All stories in this forum are the intellectual property of the respective authors. These works may not be copied or re-presented in any way what-so-ever with out the express permission of the respective author of the work. These writings are written for the enjoyment of fans and are not intended to infringe upon any copyrights or trademarks owned by Paramount Studios, agents of, or persons authorized to act on behalf of.

Please read the Fan Fiction Rules before posting your fiction.

>> Fan Fiction Index <<

Random Murdoc Story, Just testing the waters...
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Dragondog
Posted: 12 March 2018 - 11:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

So I have this idea for a Murdoc story, but I've decided to post a single chapter, to test out my abilities. I haven't written any more, so I may or may not turn it into a full story.

Either way, I gave it a PG rating, just to be safe. If I turn it into a full story, it will stay PG.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. If I made any grammar mistakes, sorry.

Here it is:

As the moon cast a dim light over L.A., Murdoc was on a mission. He was dressed in a hoodie over his usual outfit, making sure to keep the hood over his face.

Was it true? Was Ashton really alive?

He didn't know. But he had to find out. He had been so close to finally ending his arch-enemy's life. So close to finishing the war that had gone on between them for all these years. But when MacGyver said that he had seen Ashton... Well that changed everything. He had been too shocked to enjoy the moment, so he let MacGyver go.

It took some digging, but Murdoc had managed to figure out where his sister was supposedly staying. He had avoided contact with her all her life, because he never knew who might be watching. He didn't want to see her, the only good left in his life, be killed because of the life he had chosen for himself. He certainly never let her find out what he did, because one of his worst nightmares was what would happen if she found out. Not only would she likely be killed for knowing too much, but she would completely reject him, and he would be left with nothing.

But he had been forced to rescue her when his old mentor, Nicolas Helman, found out of her existence. It was such a delicate mission, that he had been forced to ask MacGyver for help in saving her. Fortunately, she had no idea who he was, and he was able to keep his secret safe. But she wasn't safe for long, for she had died in an avalanche soon after.

Or did she?

Murdoc was so sure she had died. He saw her die before his eyes, and had felt a pain he hadn't felt since the day their parents passed. If she was still alive, he had to know.

He tightened the hoodie around him, making sure to keep his face as concealed as possible, in case someone was watching. He didn't want to put his precious sister in danger, not ever again. Hopefully she would recognize him as the friend who rescued her before, and would trust him when he asked about the avalanche, and when he told her that the government needed to know. She was so innocent, he hoped she would just take his word for it. She thought he was dead, too, but he was okay explaining how he survived, if she was okay explaining how she survived.

When he made it to the apartment complex, he paused a moment, then entered the building. After a little persuasion, the landlady had no qualms about telling him where Ashton lived. It took only a minute or two for him to make his way up to her apartment, and he rapped on the door with his knuckles.

He heard her voice, calling that she'd be there in a minute. It was definitely her voice. He stood there, waiting, not sure exactly what to say when she opened the door. He hated to admit it, but he was extremely nervous. This was a delicate matter. He had dealt with delicate matters before, as he had taken on some risky hits in his career, but this was personal.

When she opened the door, she stood there, staring at him. "You," she said.

"So you recognize me?" Murdoc replied, hoping this would go smoothly.

"Oh you bet I recognize you! What are you doing here? It's not like you wanted me to know that you're my brother!"

Murdoc nearly fell over. "How did you-?"

"What? How did I know who you are? Helman told me." Ashton snapped. "He captured me again, after you and MacGyver rescued me. I thought I was done for, but all he did was show me your picture, and tell me all about you! Then, he let me go."

"Helman is dead! I killed him myself! And you're supposed to be dead too! Though I'm relieved you're not..." Murdoc replied, full of dread. This wasn't going how he had wanted it to go at all.

"Apparently he isn't," Ashton snapped, "And I faked my own death to make sure you or Helman couldn't bother me ever again! So get out of here! I want nothing to do with you!"

"Ashton I-" Murdoc stammered, unable to finish, "I-"

"What? Do you really think I want to be friendly with my murderer brother? What I should do is call the police, but my phone line's dead. I guess you did that on purpose, huh?"

"Well, yes, but I didn't think you'd know I was your brother. Ashton, I won't hurt you. I wouldn't. I know it's hard to understand, but I care about you a lot. You're all I've got!"

"Well!" Ashton snapped, "Maybe you'd have more if you'd made better choices!"

Her words stung like a whip. Murdoc flinched back before responding, "When our parents died, you were only a baby. I had to find some way to survive! Yes, it was wrong, but I didn't know what else to do! And before you tell me to try to change, to turn myself in, let me point out that after all the crimes I committed, I'll never be able to live a free life. And I'm too far gone anyway. I'll leave you alone, but please don't reject me. I don't have anyone else who I'm close too. Well, I did have this one girl, but she rejected me." He flinched, as memories of Penny entered his brain. "Look," he sighed, "The truth is, I understand completely. I wouldn't want me around either. But please! Don't just throw me out like yesterday's garbage. Please..."

Ashton sighed, and blinked back the tears welling in her eyes. "Go," She said. "I survived, so that should be enough for you. I guess surviving impossible odds runs in the family, huh? I guess I'll do you one favor, and that's let you leave without calling the cops. I can get to some other phone, but you'll be long gone by then, anyway. That's the only reason letting you run doesn't bother my conscience."

Murdoc was a little surprised at her voice. It sounded like a hiss, or a purr. It sounded uncomfortably like his own. His sweet, innocent sister sounded like him. He had been through so much, he didn't want his sister to go through any of it. To become like him. With a nod, he turned to leave. It was better for her, especially if Helman was still alive. The last thing he wanted was Helman going after her again.

You've finally done it. He thought to himself. Helman, you've gotten your revenge. You didn't kill her, but you took her from me another way. You've brought my nightmares into my reality.

He turned, and walked away, tightening the hoodie over his face again, both to conceal his identity from anyone who might see him and to hide the tears streaming down his face, especially from Ashton.

What he didn't see, as he walked away, was the tears streaming down Ashton's cheeks, as she closed the door behind him.

This post has been edited by Dragondog on 12 March 2018 - 11:21 AM

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 12 March 2018 - 08:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
Vehicle: Jeep
House:  Loft

thumbsup.gif clapping.gif Good job! I really like it!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsMinx
Posted: 13 March 2018 - 12:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Pilot (intro v.o.), LTOA
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors
House:  Observatory

I love it, Dragondog! I have to know what happens next! thumbup.gif duct.gif biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 13 March 2018 - 09:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacsMinx @ 13 March 2018 - 03:21 AM)
I love it, Dragondog! I have to know what happens next! thumbup.gif duct.gif biggrin.gif

You'll have to be patient. wink.gif

This is actually a scene from a little later in the story, so the scene would be a little different. For example, Murdoc letting Mac go wouldn't have to be explained, because it would have happened earlier in the story.

Guess I need to get writing! happy_dance.gif

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 15 March 2018 - 10:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

If anyone's wondering, I've got the first chapter written, and I'm working on the second. It will be a while, but I am working on it. wink.gif

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 21 March 2018 - 12:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I'm done with the first draft, now I'm working on editing. I've got some other users lined up to help me with that, so it shouldn't be too long before the first chapter is posted in a new thread.

PM                                                                     
Rocket
Posted: 25 March 2018 - 12:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Interesting to have Murdoc as the main character instead of Mac...
I'd be interested to read this from the beginning smile.gif

Rollerskating at right angles to reality

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 25 March 2018 - 06:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Rocket @ 25 March 2018 - 03:42 AM)
Interesting to have Murdoc as the main character instead of Mac...
I'd be interested to read this from the beginning smile.gif

Still working on editing, but I'll have something soon! biggrin.gif w00t.gif

PM                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll