Who loves telly? I do! I do!, What are all of you watching...
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Devon636
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 06:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Thief of Budapest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

What are all of your fave TV shows? (Other than MacG and SG-1, natch). Tell me what you guys are watching and if we like the same ones we can discuss. One of my New Year's resolutions is to watch even more TV than I already do, which is at least several hours a week. But I try to be productive about it by doing leg lifts, sit-ups, lesson plans, phone calls etc., during commercials so it's not a total waste of time.(Or so I tell myself) OK do any of you like "The Office", "Scrubs", "30 Rock", "Laguna Beach", "the Andy Milonakis Show", old "Tom Green Show" re-runs, "6 Feet Under", "That 70's Show", "Curb Your Enthusiasm", or the "Conan O'Brian" show? Tell me if anyone else loves these shows or tell me your fave shows and if I know them we can discuss. And for all you folks outside the US, what are the most popular shows in your countries right now? clapping.gif Yay! TV!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 06:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Crikey you're just a little bit perky, aren't you Devon? happy.gif

Of your list, I've found Scrubs in syndication good fun.

My new favorite show, and what I happen to be watching at the moment, is The Riches. Loving the Eddie Izzard. love.jpg

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 06:43 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 20 March 2007 - 02:40 PM)
Crikey you're just a little bit perky, aren't you Devon? happy.gif

Of your list, I've found Scrubs in syndication good fun.

My new favorite show, and what I happen to be watching at the moment, is The Riches. Loving the Eddie Izzard. love.jpg

HaHa! Ya, gymnastics and cheer coach, it comes with the territory! biggrin.gif But some days I feel like if I shout "Great Job! Way to go! Super effort!" one more freaking time, I'll just snap. I'm so perpetually cheered up I can only sleep like 3 hours a night. Yay! Keep it up girls! I sometimes wonder if I'm cheering my life away... wacko.gif So what is The Riches about and what network? I haven't heard of it yet but the name Eddie Izzard sounds familiar... Scrubs is great- super funny,clever, and oh that Zach Braff... wub.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MEP
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 07:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

ah lets see most of the Star Treks (not that fond of DS 9 puke.gif and hates Enterprise), I was a major X-files Junkie back in the 90's, ah Sill a Doctor Who (Tom Baker is my favorite Dr.) and MASH Junkie, and now I'm getting in to Mythbusters (I like things that goo ka boom harhar.gif blowup.gif ) Gee that about it unless you what to count cartoons then there's Jonny Quest, Reboot, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing. Oh yea Pinky & The Brain.

Devon636
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 07:58 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

Oh I know X-files and Mash! I remember X-files was so huge in the 90's! I remember Mash from re-runs in the 80's, and my babysitter would watch it. I like the humor in it but I remember it was also kinda tinged with sadness because of the serious nature of war. I always thought forever that it was the vietnam war, and I only found out recently that it was actually the korean war right? Duh for me! But it's a good show. What is Mythbusters about?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MEP
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 08:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

OY what is Mythbusters? headbutt.gif Well that is a load question. wink.gif Ah it’s a show on the Discovery channel here in the U.S. they prove myth/ urban leadgon (sp) like can a cup of microwaved water explode when a tea bag is dropped in. Or the myth that you can Clean a Cement truck of dyed cement with a Stick of TNT blowup.gif .

Hell in one Episode the even too MacGyver on with the raw egg fixing a hole in the Radiator. opensak.gif

Here is there Fan website hope that helps you if I didn't: Mythbusters (they scare me somtimes)

MASH the movie was done to look like Vietnam, while the book was written about Korea, and the show had to fight tooth and nail to prove it was about Korea. unsure.gif

Sheepy
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 10:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I like "Everybody loves Raymond", I liked "21 Jump Street". I love "Due South", "House (md)", and "Totally Spies" happy.gif

Devon636
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 07:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (Sheepy @ 20 March 2007 - 06:58 PM)
I like "Everybody loves Raymond", I liked "21 Jump Street". I love "Due South", "House (md)", and "Totally Spies" happy.gif

Ooh 21 jump street! That is so vintage Johnny Depp! Love it. I've only seen House a few times, but like it. One time I was really into an episode about a man with wierd symptoms, like his tongue swelled up and exploded, but I was interupted and never got to see House solve the medical mystery. sad.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 08:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity

HAHA...this is like stroll down memory lane!

OK...for Nymphy's sake...lemme get this outta the way...I only get ONE CHANNEL!

Yes. Really. And we survive. laugh.gif tongue.gif

So that said...my exposure to current shows is pretty minimal...but I do enjoy Criminal Minds (for some reason I really like Spencer) and NCIS (love Abs and McGeek...lol). Once in a while I'll catch CSI (I hate all the spinoffs...I think that whole franchise is proof that there CAN be too much of a good thing).

I like Mythbusters when I can watch it (not at home, of course!)

My fave list is pretty long...with MacGyver at the top, naturally.

MASH
GI Joe (yes, a cartoon...the Sunbow version...not DIC)
Star Trek OS
Star Trek TNG (I'm with you MEP...hated Voyager...but never saw Enterprise)
Guess I can toss SG-1 in there...
21 Jump Street...that show just rocked...Now Johnny Depp...there was a celebrity obsession for me...
Get Smart

Anyone remember Remington Steele and Hunter? I never missed those.
Also enjoyed Diagnosis Murder in it's day.

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 08:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

OK do any of you like "The Office"

That show is not funny at all!!! I know that's the point about Gervais being funny while the other don't laugh. That's the joke, but I can't laugh with it.

Other shows I like, oldies and newbies: Magnum PI, Xena Warrior Princess (dvd's not available in Europe though blink.gif ), 24, Lost, Power Rangers (still do).

But also other series I want to check out or wants to buy: after watching the movie; Miami Vice, Boy Meets World, Saved By The Bell, The Wonder Years, Happy Days and many more.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 08:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Happy Days was always shown BEFORE MacGyver and 21 Jump Street AFTER.
So, there you go, a good example of the power of 3.

Saved By The Bell was very cool.

Oh oh oh.... one of my other favs: My So Called Life. With Clare Danes and Jared Leto.
The lead characters had about the same age as I had at that time, so it was a show I could very much relate to. Except for the fact that Clare had a very cute boy friend in the show and I.... well I had none, then. *sigh*

Djeez I'm getting old w00t.gif

Devon636
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 09:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (Sheepy @ 21 March 2007 - 04:55 AM)

Saved By The Bell was very cool.

Oh oh oh.... one of my other favs: My So Called Life. With Clare Danes and Jared Leto.

Oh my gosh! *Shreiking* I LOVED "My So Called Life"!!! Oh why oh why did they cancel it?! Didn't it just capture teenage angst perfectly?! And who was it Jared Leto and his big blue eyes. I have so much love for that show. That was when everyone was about "grunge" I think. Loved it loved it! biggrin.gif
MGod you don't like The Office? Nooooooooooooo! It's so funny because Dwight Shroot doesn't get how Jim teases him and he falls for it! I just love the actor Steve Carrell. But MGod this is a hard-core power rangers house I live in! My son is obsessed with them, so by osmosis I kinda know alot about ranger lore. Operation Overdrive is the new big thing in our home. tongue.gif
Amy I love how you love GI Joe! I so remember that from the 80's! I had no idea it was still around. I miss 80's cartoons! Does anyone remember " Jem and the Holograms" or "Beverly Hills Teens" ? My sister and I watched a DVD of it a year ago, and I think we finally figured out why are relationships with men are so messed up. wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 09:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity

I don't watch TV... I ABHOR commercials... but I have great fondness for many TV shows, which I am delighted to find available on DVD.

After Mac and Stargate SG-1, these are some favourites that can be found on my bookshelf:

Legend (Nicodemus... not Tim Curry!) wink.gif
Magnum PI
Firefly
X-files
Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett collection)
Lord Peter Wimsey
The Avengers
The New Avengers
House MD
CSI: LasVegas, Miami, and NY
NCIS
Dr. Who (all incarnations)
Rockford Files
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Lexx (Michael McManus *sigh*)

I'm looking forward to seeing 'The Riches', as I love Minnie Driver, and Eddie Izzard is one of my favourite comedians (I've got a friend capturing it on a digital recorder for me). biggrin.gif

I'm waiting patently for the next round of releases from these series that I've listed that are currently airing. It is so much more fun to wait and watch them without commercial interruptions, missed episodes, pre-emptions, and/or postponements! cool.jpg

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 09:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 21 March 2007 - 05:24 AM)

It is so much more fun to wait and watch them without commercial interruptions, missed episodes, pre-emptions, and/or postponements! cool.jpg

I know! I hate the law of TV that says on the night I am home, all my fave shows will be re-runs, and on the nights when I am not able to be home, all of the shows will be new. yucky.gif I've heard Monty Python a few times mentioned- is it a show or movie or both?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 09:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Geesh. I thought you just wanted to know what I was watching at the moment. huh.gif

Look at everything I missed out on. laugh.gif

These days, the shows I must see... I generally wait until they come out on DVD because I hate missing an episode, or hate sitting through commercials, or the worst, having to wait an entire week for the next episode! w00t.gif Hate that! happy.gif

Right now I'm into:
Heros
House MD
Lost
Survivor
The Riches

The first three I'm not even trying to watch on TV because I've missed too many episodes while traveling sad.gif

Dvd's are right around the corner. biggrin.gif No commercials.

In the must have collection of Dvd's other than those right now is all of RDA's stuff. And I mean ALL. Every show he did, every movie, every interview. rolleyes.gif

And when I was a kid, althought I don't have the Dvd collections yet sad.gif the shows I thought I would DIE if I didn't see were:

Knight Rider
Scarecrow & Mrs. King
& Remington Steele

smile.gif That's it. unsure.gif I think.

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 09:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 21 March 2007 - 05:24 AM)
I'm looking forward to seeing 'The Riches', as I love Minnie Driver, and Eddie Izzard is one of my favourite comedians (I've got a friend capturing it on a digital recorder for me). biggrin.gif :

You're going to love it. It's absolutely brilliant! cool.jpg

~ MacNymph ~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 10:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 21 March 2007 - 05:55 AM)

Right now I'm into:
Heros
House MD
Lost
Survivor
The Riches

And when I was a kid, althought I don't have the Dvd collections yet sad.gif the shows I thought I would DIE if I didn't see were:

Knight Rider
Scarecrow & Mrs. King
& Remington Steele

OK was the Kight Riders car named Devon or something? I vaguely remember being teased about this in school. But it's possible I just dreamt it...
Ooh I love Heroes but Iv'e missed so much and am lost now. I like the blonde mom with the cute little boy. The one that turns evil. "Save the cheerleader save the world." Hear that Y'all? Everytime you save a cheerleader you literally save the world. Kewl wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 10:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Devon636 @ 21 March 2007 - 06:14 AM)
OK was the Kight Riders car named Devon or something? I vaguely remember being teased about this in school. But it's possible I just dreamt it...

w00t.gif The car's name was KITT.

Devon was Michael's handler.

unsure.gif

Do I need to sheild her again?

Rocky, don't hurt her. laugh.gif

~ MacNymph ~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 10:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

Oh and i almost forgot!I LOVE The Simple Life! This probably doesn't come as a real big surprise to anyone. It's so stupid and shameless but it's one of those "guilty pleasures". Sometimes it's just way too close to real life. blush.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 10:23 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 21 March 2007 - 06:27 AM)

Devon was Michael's handler.

And was this handler a male or a female? Oh lemme guess- a MALE. Harumph I'm so sick of my boy name! puke.gif puke.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 11:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

Good guess Devon. wink.gif

A lot of shows listed here already are ones I have enjoyed watching in the past. Currently there are no shows that I try to make sure I can watch or set my video for. But thats soon to change. I’ve been loving the 10th Doctor Who and am looking forward to his second series that is being advertised as “coming soon” on TV at the moment. How exciting! jump.gif That will definitely be one to watch. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Devon)
I've heard Monty Python a few times mentioned- is it a show or movie or both?
Both and its great! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_python The series was first screened before I was born but I caught reruns and the movies. I used to have a crush on Michael Palin when I was younger. blush.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sheepy
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 12:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I love John Cleese and the monty python's movies. Never had the pleasure of seeing the show though.

A former colleague worked together with John C to make an instruction video (CRM course) and he said the man's hilarious, even if he's silent.

I don't watch MTV that much, but if I do it's to watch MTV Made and My Super Sweet 16. I love it when those rich ...... 's parties turn into one big drama because daddy didn't want to pay for that brand new Mercedes SLK.... nasty.gif roller.gif

Astra
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 12:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

"Simpsons" anyone? No? It's on air everyday, and when I'm home at the time and remember to watch it then I enjoy it very much but I don't know every single episode (yet, took me a few years to get into it, I'm always late at things like this).

Shows I recently watch are "Desperate Housewifes" (love that one) and I also got into "Lost" again. Waiting for the third season to start right now.

At a friend's I saw a little bit of the new "Dr. Who" and can't wait for it to start.

And I'm also very much into "Queer as folk". Since "Six feet under" now ended (loved that one too) I needed something to fill the empty space, and QAF did. Am I allowed to say that here?

Oh, and one of the shows I also liked to watch in the nineties was "Lois & Clark" smile.gif

Usually I tape my TV-series and watch it the other day at video, that way I can avoid the commercials and I don't get interrupted either if someone is calling. I can recommend that for everyone that is not at home at the right time.

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 04:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (Sheepy @ 21 March 2007 - 08:14 AM)

I don't watch MTV that much, but if I do it's to watch MTV Made and My Super Sweet 16. I love it when those rich ...... 's parties turn into one big drama because daddy didn't want to pay for that brand new Mercedes SLK.... nasty.gif roller.gif

LOVE Super Sweet 16! How will those girls fare in the real world? Poorly, I'm sure. But it sure is entertaining! biggrin.gif roller.gif Same with Laguna- it's so out of touch with reality, but ya just gotta love it.
Astra, love The Simpsons! Can't believe it's been on close to 2 decades! Love Mr Burns.
Did you see the 6 Feet Under series finale? I swear I have not seen anything more touching, sweet, and sad in my life. David and Keith....OMG sweet and sad, so sweet, so sad.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 05:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather

I'm not much into current TV, although I will watch 24 occasionally and Mythbusters, because in that show they do some MacGyver-like things to prove or (usually) disprove urban legends and other myths. I am a Seinfeld fanatic! I also like Frasier, Stargate SG-1 (of course), The Simpsons (doh!), Arrested Development, and Curb Your Enthusiasm. I tend to like sarcastic, dark humor. nasty.gif I've also watched My Name is Earl and The Office on occasion, and Scrubs is fun, too. Any programs on The History Channel and The Discovery Channel also usually pique my interest. Sometimes, I'll watch The Sopranos. It's very well written for its genre. My mom once told me she couldn't stand it because of the foul language, but I told her it's realistic because the characters are mafia gangsters. They wouldn't be saying, "golly gee" all the time. happy.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 05:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity

QUOTE (Devon636 @ 20 March 2007 - 12:22 PM)
Amy I love how you love GI Joe! I so remember that from the 80's! I had no idea it was still around. I miss 80's cartoons! Does anyone remember " Jem and the Holograms"

LOL...I did watch Jem...I remember it being on before or after GI Joe or something...same with the Transformers! smile.gif GI Joe's seen many incarnations since the early/mid 80s..some of them unfortunate, but you can catch some random original Sunbow (the best!) episodes here: monkeybartv
The Sigma 6 ones are just ok...I'm not one for anime...but that's the current thing going, aside from the comics (which I never knew existed till this year).

Someone said Knight Rider! Yes, that was a no-misser, too! And Devon was a guy. Sorry Devon. LOL!

sad.gif I'd like to check out 24...but there's the one channel thing not working in my favor. I've always had this thing for Keifer Sutherland. blush.gif

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 06:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather

Ohhh... let me see...

I also loved My So-Called Life. I often felt like the only difference between me and Angela was that she went to public school, and I to a private one. I was so disappointed when it was cancelled! sad.gif

I like CSI:Miami and CSI:New York. The original is just TOO dark and weird for my taste. wacko.gif

I was a HUGE "Wing Nut" (West Wing fan). I was astounded at how long it ran, and I have the whole series on DVD.

Love Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It's sooo nice to see people doing something that nice for total strangers, with no strings attached.

I was something of a latecomer to KR, but I loved it when I did see it. If I ever have the $$, that's another series I wouldn't mind having on DVD. It used to run on a local channel, but I can't seem to find it on TV anymore.

I do watch 24 on occasion, because I'm also a Kiefer Sutherland fan, but as a rule, it's way too dark and violent for me.

Oh, yes, another one I got a kick out of was Northern Exposure. I love that quirky, dry humor.

And I liked X-Files, too, though again, I was something of a latecomer to the series.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 07:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (MacsChick @ 21 March 2007 - 01:47 PM)
I am a Seinfeld fanatic! I also like Frasier, Stargate SG-1 (of course), The Simpsons (doh!), Arrested Development, and Curb Your Enthusiasm. I tend to like sarcastic, dark humor. nasty.gif I've also watched My Name is Earl and The Office on occasion, and Scrubs is fun, too. Any programs on The History Channel and The Discovery Channel also usually pique my interest.

You have awesome TV taste! Seinfeld, check. Curb, double check. I can't even look at Larry David without laughing! Love the Curbs with Wanda Sykes in them, that's so genius. Did you see the one with the "passion nail"? OMG OMG OMG.
Earl, Office, and Scrubs- when all three of those are new episodes, and I can actually be home to see them, that's Thursday nite nirvana. kicking.gif
Histoy channel- love it, wish I got it. Arrested Development was good, did they cancel it?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 20 March 2007 - 07:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (Amy @ 21 March 2007 - 02:07 PM)

Someone said Knight Rider! Yes, that was a no-misser, too! And Devon was a guy. Sorry Devon. LOL!

sad.gif I'd like to check out 24...but there's the one channel thing not working in my favor. I've always had this thing for Keifer Sutherland. blush.gif

So Knight Rider was 80's? So the controller of David Hasslehoff is a male robot named Devon, and the controller of the car Kipp is David Hasslehoff? Then what's making the car talk? Or is that left up to the imagination. If my car talked to me i would freak the w00t.gif out. Or it was Kitt with a t. I want to watch this show. Is it supposed to be funny or is it a drama?

Ya Kiefer Sutherland is one hot tamale but I have never seen 24 either. It looks pretty MacGyvery, but just way more hard core.

MacGirl, I've never seen Extreme Home Makeover but I keep reading about it and it sounds so wonderful. There aren't enough random kindnesses like that ya know? And sounds like good family viewing too.

OK i just remembered one from the 70's that I used to watch on re runs in the 80's, and if anyone remembers this, I will just die...8 is enough. I have a few episodes on tape and the wholesomeness of it never fails to lull me into serenity when the real world becomes too gritty. I have looked for it on DVD with no luck.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Astra
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 02:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (Devon636 @ 21 March 2007 - 01:23 AM)
Astra, did you see the 6 Feet Under series finale? I swear I have not seen anything more touching, sweet, and sad in my life. David and Keith....OMG sweet and sad, so sweet, so sad.

Not yet, it will be on air on Saturday night. But I know already that we see everyone's life till the end. Can't wait to see it though it's sad that the series is over now.

QUOTE (Devon636 @ 21 March 2007 - 04:38 AM)
So Knight Rider was 80's? So the controller of David Hasslehoff is a male robot named Devon, and the controller of the car Kipp is David Hasslehoff? ?

No no, Devon is no robot, he is British and he is Michael's (that's DHs rolename) boss that tells him about his next mission. He's played by Edward Mulhare who also had a role in "MacGyver" (the old actor when Mac ripped the cadillac, do you remember?)

Then there is also Michael's co-worker Bonnie, who was played by Patricia McPherson who also was in "MacGyver" as the first Mike. So you see, a lot of familiar faces around!

And the car's name is K.I.T.T., not Kipp. It stands for "Knight Industries Two Thousand".

Then what's making the car talk? Or is that left up to the imagination.?

The computer is in the car, or rather, the computer IS the car. It is bulletproof and can speak and drive and jump over trains and do many other cool things, actually it doesn't need any driver.

I want to watch this show. Is it supposed to be funny or is it a drama?

When I watched it as a teenie in the late eighties I thought it was dramatic, when I happen to watch it today I only think it is funny smile.gif But it doesn't take itself too serious either, actually. Every episode has this good looking girl and Michael needs to help her. And his discussions with K.I.T.T. are pretty funny smile.gif

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (6) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll