Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Observatory

QUOTE (Barry Rowland @ 17 September 2015 - 03:50 AM)
The pilot episode with the chocolate, although it's definitely a multi use Mac tool lol!

I was about 11 when I saw that. For years I thought chocolate bars could stop sulfuric acid.

"Never go anywhere without a knife."
~L.J.G.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 29 August 2016 - 09:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

QUOTE (Drawz @ 30 August 2016 - 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (Barry Rowland @ 17 September 2015 - 03:50 AM)
The pilot episode with the chocolate, although it's definitely a multi use Mac tool lol!

I was about 11 when I saw that. For years I thought chocolate bars could stop sulfuric acid.

It can.

Mythbusters confirmed it o their MacGyver special a few years back.

You'd need bigger bars though.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted: 13 September 2016 - 12:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: lots of blades

Favorites
Episode:Negotiator; Endangered
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  ---

I just have a mental picture of Henry Winkler being fed up with being famous for the whole jumping the shark thing, and setting out to put someone on screen doing even more improbable things.

"They have no idea how well they cast this."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 13 September 2016 - 05:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Twice Stung

Ha!! I forgot all about that!!

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
beth
Posted: 22 October 2017 - 11:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Mountaineer

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

One that has always bugged me was in "The 'Hood". Mac was restrained on the torture rack with leather bands around his wrists and ankles that were fastened with snaps. He grabs the metal rod and uses it along with the hand from the skeleton to release the ratchet on the side of the table. Why not just reach across your body with the rod and pry the snaps on the wrist restraint open? So much faster and simpler.

Beth

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
just-a-fan
Posted: 2 March 2018 - 06:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Chuck Norris wasn't born like most babies , he was created by MacGyver happy.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 March 2018 - 03:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (beth @ 22 October 2017 - 08:26 PM)
One that has always bugged me was in "The 'Hood". Mac was restrained on the torture rack with leather bands around his wrists and ankles that were fastened with snaps. He grabs the metal rod and uses it along with the hand from the skeleton to release the ratchet on the side of the table. Why not just reach across your body with the rod and pry the snaps on the wrist restraint open? So much faster and simpler.

He could barely reach it with his other hand so he had to hand to himself. If you want to pry the snaps open he probably had to go underneath the snap with the rod to wriggle it open and I don't think that was possible.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 25 October 2018 - 01:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Episode:ETSS, Partners

QUOTE (Joe SAKic @ 10 July 2016 - 04:34 PM)
I'll vote for the grand finale in Squeeze Play where Mac grooves a fastball to Novis, who inturn nails a line drive straight at the illuminated scoreboard sign, precipitating what can only be described as a 4th of July style fireworks show, and ultimately causing the entire display to crash down just in time to crush the oncoming car, nab the villain, and save the day.  unsure.gif  surprise.gif  laugh.gif

This is the first one that came to mind for me too - was it really plausible to expect a baseball would knock down the sign and stop the car?? hmm.bmp laugh.gif

Also agreed on the Holy Rose - there are some good moments, but they are not my favorite episodes, despite my name... laugh.gif

Another one that bothered me was the exploding paste that didn't work that he put on the floor in the Dent Biker episode. He says something about if it dries enough it should explode when stepped on - but it doesn't, and that's fine. But then a little later they are all standing in the door right on top of it as well - no one was worried it might suddenly work?? blink.gif Especially since the same paste does work to blow up a van a little later.

"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacFan092985
Posted: 4 December 2018 - 05:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode: . . . Holy Rose

The ultralight built during the opening gambit of "Legend of the Holy Rose". It's a neat idea but would never hold up under the FOUR FORCES OF FLIGHT. A hang glider or a set of hang gliders would have been more believable.

Don't get me wrong, when I saw this episode for the first time my heart and adrenaline were racing, imagining what it would feel like to try and pull this off, given Mac's and my fear of heights. unsure.gif blink.gif

"Jeep. My Jeep? What are you talking about? Penny! My Jeep?" - MacGyver

"Look at me. I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up. I need a month's worth of sleep . . . and I need a haircut!" - MacGyver

"It's been said, 'The best gift a man could ever give another, was his life', Jack Dalton was never one to settle for less than the best. Thank you Jack." - MacGyver

"Reboots are born out of the lack of imagination." M. Lance Frank

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 17 December 2018 - 06:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

No MacGyverisms come to mind. They are what they are, on the fly improvisations, for tv action entertainment …. and you gotta give them some slackened wiggle room for that.

However,,,,,, biggrin.gif that whole golden eagle pursuit scene in Eagles was a bit over the top. Ironically, you really would need a stealth Mac-ism to pull something like that off …. but, instead, they were kind of passing it off, with stock photography, as Mac's 7th sense of being one with nature combined with his hang gliding skills. I still liked the episode, the plot, and the overall anti-poaching message but wasn't drinking the whole "flight buddy" thing.

Incidentally, I've been in the vicinity of eagles, hawks, and vultures with drones and they are just so wary and flight defensive of anything even remotely within their airspace. A drone is no slouch in the aerodynamics department, but is like a boy amongst men in comparison to the flight skills of these larger birds of prey. blink.gif

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll