Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

With the renovations of the Lands End float home almost complete, the flating home, famous for it's role as the main characters place of residence for much of CBS Paramount's hit 90's TV show MacGyver, is said to be merely a couple of weeks away from sale.

The owners have been steadily working away renovating and modernizing the houseboat both inside and out with the goal of selling it once the renovations were completed and that time has finally come.
Once final preparations are completed the house will be listed on Ebay with an accompanying video to showcase the houses features and renovations.

You can follow the last minute preparations and announcements about the houseboat on the owners facebook page

Take a virtual tour through the house on our Houseboat page

Attached Image
Attached Image

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Fellow Traveler
Posted: 13 March 2012 - 10:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Let's be honest: that color is horrendous! Do they say how much they want for it anywhere?

Regards, J.W.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 13 March 2012 - 10:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners

The price will be on the listing when it's made in a few days time.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Traveller
Posted: 14 March 2012 - 09:27 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Trail of Tears

I agree with Fellow Traveler. What a godawful color. If I had enough money to buy it, first thing I'd do would be to remove the hideous blue and bring back the natural color of the MacGyver era.
After that I'd move it back to Coal Harbour and rent it to MacGyver fans who'd like to stay there for a week, or two. The rest of the time I'd stay there myself.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 14 March 2012 - 11:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I've seen worse but the blue is indeed too much.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Bushwalker
  Posted: 14 March 2012 - 08:43 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Trekker

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: Motorcycle
House:  Second Loft

boxing.gif

Should only cost a couple of hundred dollars to re-paint it...

"C'mon guys!" Y'all are supposed to be resourceful and handy MacGyverfans on here...

tongue.gif

P.S. I'd get rid of those "new age" butterflies, moon and stars; paint it with some more muted "earthy" colours ~ and make it look more maritime and "ship shape"..

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 15 March 2012 - 10:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

We can always make a paint bomb. biggrin.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Bushwalker
Posted: 16 March 2012 - 12:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:

tongue.gif Or a few of us could hold a "war-games" session on there, using paintball guns to "renovate" that paintwork...

A new "MacGyver" version of those 'skirmish' games...

While repainting the outside, I would also look at remodelling the back of that house ~ that extension for the bathrooms - and the balcony off the bedroom - really are some of the poorest renovations/"upgrades" that I've ever seen ~ maybe the owners were working on the "out of site, out of mind.." principle ??

Ditch the ply panels off that balcony and replace with proper railings matching those on the decks. Then add some moulding and finials on that backside addition, to match the original trims..

(And no doubt the owners will try for "top dollar" with this sale?).

The interior should be just as easy ~ decorate it with a combination of maritime, handyman/DIY, 'outdoorsy', and tech'-head ~ to play up to everyones "inner MacGyver" ! w00t.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 16 March 2012 - 12:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

If you're referring to the virtual tour (as I call it) those photos are before any current renovating was done. That's what the house looked like when they got it.

Well see current photos I guess when the listing goes up on ebay.

PM                                                                     
angus20
Posted: 17 March 2012 - 10:37 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:all

How much can It cost?

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
Fellow Traveler
Posted: 22 March 2012 - 12:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Shouldn't the houseboat be up for sale by now? Despite my misgivings about the color, I'm sure it must be an interesting place to live in.

Regards, J.W.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Bushwalker
  Posted: 26 March 2012 - 12:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:

laugh.gif

I reckon a fresh coat of paint would be a cheap part of "personalising" such a home to one's self...

What I'm MORE interested here is their asking price ~ are the current owners selling at a reasonable price for what it is ~ or are they going to try and ask for an extra premium on the price, for its history and novelty??

If they DO try and ask too much over the odds, rather than an honest and fair value, it could be lingering on the market for a while. Especially in the current economic climate.

hmm.bmp

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Posted: 28 March 2012 - 03:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

OMG!!!!!!!. My housemates' 4 year old could do a better paint job. wink.gif blink.gif
BTW What is the asking price for it??????????? surprise.gif surprise.gif rolleyes.gif
I wouldn't be surprised if it was to be totally over the top. Not to mention all that CRAP stuck on the walls and around. I would most definately restore it back to original(or as close as I could, at least).

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 March 2012 - 10:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Maybe we can do an estimation? What does a houseboat cost? Over 500 grand? I mean considering our economic times...

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 28 March 2012 - 09:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 29 March 2012 - 07:08 AM)
Maybe we can do an estimation? What does a houseboat cost? Over 500 grand? I mean considering our economic times...

It's a float home not a mansion. I just had a quick look at other houseboats on ebay and they are in the $100,000 - $200,000 price range. So I guess the same price as a normal house of the same size.

The fact that it floats doesn't seem to have much bearing on the price.

PM                                                                     
Bushwalker
  Posted: 30 March 2012 - 12:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:

laugh.gif
I was thinking in the order of $80,000 - $120,000 AUD for an easy sale... (You would need to actually see it up close of course, and see what condition it's in..).

Considering one can buy a second hand 10 - 15 metre yacht in good order for around $150 - 200,000 ~ and then head off to see the world, at your leisure ~ I reckon if they ask over $150,000 then they could find it lingering on the market...

IF they're asking more than $150 -160,000, then I would expect to see some extras thrown in to sweeten such a deal..

And then remember there ARE ongoing costs :
Mooring fees;
Insurance;
Annual maintenance costs;
Running costs - fuel, water, electricity (or generator fuel); and sewerage and garbage fees when moored permanently..

And somehow I imagine some of those major/popular harbours and rivers could have some pretty expensive fees. tongue.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Fellow Traveler
Posted: 30 March 2012 - 12:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Bushwalker @ 30 March 2012 - 08:05 PM)
IF they're asking more than $150 -160,000, then I would expect to see some extras thrown in to sweeten such a deal..

Like RDA dropping in once a week to clean the place? laugh.gif

Regards, J.W.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 30 March 2012 - 11:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Bushwalker @ 30 March 2012 - 09:05 PM)
laugh.gif
I was thinking in the order of $80,000 - $120,000 AUD for an easy sale... (You would need to actually see it up close of course, and see what condition it's in..).

Considering one can buy a second hand 10 - 15 metre yacht in good order for around $150 - 200,000 ~ and then head off to see the world, at your leisure ~ I reckon if they ask over $150,000 then they could find it lingering on the market...

And then remember there ARE ongoing costs :
Mooring fees;
Insurance;
Annual maintenance costs;
Running costs - fuel, water, electricity (or generator fuel); and sewerage and garbage fees when moored permanently..

And somehow I imagine some of those major/popular harbours and rivers could have some pretty expensive fees. tongue.gif

The fee's you're talking about are no different to the ongoing costs of owning any home.

Your also comparing apples to oranges with your second hand yacht comparison. This isn't a boat. It has no means of propulsion, nor is it sea worthy. It's a floating 2 bedroom house designed to float on water in a marina or other sheltered waterway.

PM                                                                     
Bushwalker
Posted: 31 March 2012 - 01:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:

tongue.gif Here where I am, I'm about 5 minutes north of Lake Macquarie, and about 40-60 minutes south of Port Stephens ~ both of which would have a couple of marinas where you could moor such a beast ~ probably at half the cost you might pay down on the Hawkesbury River or on the backwaters of Sydney Harbour...

I would imagine the mooring fees in the more fashionable parts of California or Washington state to be similar to Sydney..

For moving it, in enclosed waters, I s'pose you could bolt a couple of BIG outboard motors on the back, or tow it with a decent size tender ~ you wouldn't need a tugboat for that, would you? hmm.bmp

[For moving on open seas, they always have those "heavy lift" transport ships for that ~ where you float the boat in through one end of the ship, and then lift it out of the water..].

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 31 March 2012 - 03:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

There's some good pictures on this page which shows the floatation devices on the underside of the houseboat.

PM                                                                     
Bushwalker
Posted: 31 March 2012 - 08:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:

tongue.gif Just imagine pushing that house along, on a protected waterway like a river or a lake, with a couple of outboard motors or a boat pushing it from one end, when it came time to move...

And because the "pilot" of that "propulsion" boat or motor is driving blind, you would then need someone as navigator directing by walkie talkie/CB radio from up on the front deck..

And have a crowd of guests lounging out on the main deck, cocktails in hand!

user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 1 April 2012 - 01:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

And have a crowd of guests lounging out on the main deck, cocktails in hand!

Sounds like a house warming party to me. biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Landsend
Posted: 3 April 2012 - 11:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Hello all, very interesting to read the comments about our home (especially about the colour!) The original home was unpainted weathered cedar siding and the previous owners painted it the turquoise colour with blue trim. We repainted it teal green with black trim (and cleared the wall clutter). Inside it is now a light beige with white trim, except for the spiral stairs which just got a fresh coat of black paint. We are very excited about listing our home on EBay and I expect it will be quite a wild ride to see what the eventual auction's outcome will be! Cheers!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll