Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Once upone a time RDA came out of retirement to act again... in a little cookie cutter show called Fairly Legal... his character didn't make it to the second season and that was probably the decision that ultimately killed the show as his dark mysterious character was probably the only unpredictable and original thing IN the show.

But from his first filmed episode, David Smith's (RDA's character) bar, the place where 99% of RDA's scenes were filmed and its warm, cozy allure captured the interest of his fans. Where is this cute little place? Is it as nice as it's in the show? Is it some high-end establishment we'd never get access to? Is it even a real bar?

The fandom and every website that posts filming locations launched themselves in a search for the "High Hat"... with no success... "The bar" remained a mystery for the last 3 years. No one was able to find it. It was even postulated that it's not a real bar...

Yes it IS a real bar!

And then Findo makes her entry in this story... Before I am again asked what is a "Findo" I must say that Findo is a fan, a great fan, been in the fandom forever, helped with news for Stargate Soluntion and helped make it the IT place to go to for SG & RDA news back when. Moved on to other things lately but her location scouting talents are forever. No one was able to identify the bar from what was shown in the TV episodes... and then she got on the case and.... BINGO! And btw, she's also one of my closest friends and simply an amazing woman!

So when I traveled to Vancouver this past December, Findo trusted me with the location and identity of this bar in order to finally give the RDA fandom what it's been craving for years... the filming location of the "High Hat", another one of RDA's many characters key locations.

Before I go on with the identity and location of this place allow me to say that this bar is a warm, cozy and friendly as it looks on TV. The food is fantastic, the service is friendly and the managers and owners were delighted not only to host RDA for the filming but they were happy about the interest in their little local from the fans supporting and folowing RDA's career. When told the story and the plan they were more than happy to be introduced to the RDA fandom.

If you are ever in Van, you HAVE to go. Great food, great drinks, small intimate and friendly place. You'll be greeted with a smile and great service!

So here we are, people...

The "High Hat" thanks to Findo is a bar named "Eight and 1/2" in Vancouver.

For many other photos from our visit to the bar and screencaps visit my FB album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.7...=1&l=2e8f56d282

www.eightandahalf.ca

https://www.facebook.com/pages/eight-12-Res...3655190?fref=ts

https://twitter.com/@eightandahalf

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AllieMacFan
Posted: 4 February 2015 - 11:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

You've seen this on MacGyver Online first!!! thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 4 February 2015 - 02:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

That's a cool looking place. I can't say I've seen this episode or the show. sad.gif I don't have cable. But if I'm ever in Vancouver, I'll have to check the place out. Thanks for the info and pics! smile.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac Jackson
Posted: 4 February 2015 - 03:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Red Swiss

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:All when he's on screen.
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Very cool!

Mac Jackson
Host of The MacGyver Podcast and MacGyver/SG-1 Audio Series
iTunes, Stitcher,Facebook and Twitter@macwjackson
Singer/Songwriter of "Harmony Constant"
Songs available on itunes, CDBaby and Amazon
youtube.com/macwjack

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 4 February 2015 - 09:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I knew RDA was in the show but the show never captivated me enough to see it.

As allieMacFan so eloquently put it, "his dark mysterious character was probably the only unpredictable and original thing IN the show"

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll