Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

I actually hate using my smart phone for typing up messages. When typing up posts for here, I always use a computer. Less likely for autocorrect to make me look like an uneducated heathen. I don't need help autocorrect, I can do that very well on my own... =P

Like you guys, I don't really get a lot of calls... mostly spam. My friends will call me out of the blue every now and again. We mostly text or talk via Skype.

I loved my first phone, which was a Motorola Razr. That flip phone was awesome. I'd love to go back to it actually, but I don't have it anymore.

I'm not the world's biggest fan of social media though, mostly because I've seen the damage social media can cause... mostly back when MySpace was still a thing. Who remembers MySpace? XD I don't use Twitter much only because I feel a tad exposed there. I prefer Facebook because I have privacy settings in place.

Call me weird... lol

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Maclover
Posted: 14 August 2017 - 11:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: 5 x lge & small

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Another advantage to the Mobile that I've discovered is the option to check my emails on it. I run my business through a large desktop computer. Without the phone I used to turn on the big computer with associated monitor, printer etc. by default with the on button just to check to see if there were any emails that I needed to sort out a response for (most of my work comes via email). Now the emails also come to the phone (which tends to already be 'on') and so I only need to turn on the big system when I have an email to sort out. It therefore saves on power and time to have the phone.

It did take me a while to spot this advantage for my use, but it does explain the popularity of the mobile for e-communication, I think they have supplanted the PC/Computer because they tend to be always on. Checking is as instant as looking and with a sound alert you don't even need to look. As opposed to a computer which sometime take minutes to boot just to check for messages - no matter of what type.

The interesting thing though is to enduring use of written language - the advent of things like Duo are working on face to face communication, but the written word still continues to have vital importance in our communication life. I wonder how long that will last for?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted: 14 August 2017 - 02:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Ugly Duckling
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 14 August 2017 - 08:16 AM)
Like you guys, I don't really get a lot of calls...

Same here. Often when I go out for a walk or bicycling with exercise in mind, i leavy my phone to home. If I'm bicycling like miles away from home very fast as usually, I don't want to interrupt my exercise by answering the phone

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll