SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

user posted image

I finally got around to watching the Revenant. Based on the historic tale of pioneer Hugh Glass's unbelievable survival after a vicious bear attack leaves him nearly dead. The movie directed by Alejandro G. Iñárritu & starring Leonardo Di Caprio and Tom Hardy.

In all its grace, this movie is quite a spectacle to watch. More so for the beautiful landscapes where it was shot, the editing &
directing of the movie & the harsh reality of the civil war but I found myself questioning the script numerous times as the story plays out quite differently from what really transpired in real life.

Was it an attempt at making Glass' life more enthralling? For a movie, its truly fantastic. For a look back at history, its inaccurate. And for that I will give it 3 and a half stars. doh.gif

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 12 February 2016 - 09:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I saw it last week. The movies was good, entertaining but a little low on dialogue. I like it when a movie relies on the score and no dialogue, like that last half hour of Predator for instance or Mac searching the ship in Ghost Ship. But for a movie with the length of The Revenant... it makes it quite a test. And I expected a little more fighting and shooting I guess. Still already considered a classic on allmovie. I gave it four stars but I would've given it 4,5 stars if it's was half an hour shorter. I'm not sure if Di Caprio deserves his Oscar now, but he sure deserves his nomination. I think we just saw the best he has to give. But I'll just wait to see what happens next week during the Award show.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Mr Duct Tape
Posted: 12 February 2016 - 02:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

I had my second watch of Deliverance yesterday, it still is a good movie about surviving in the wilderness. During the entire movie you can feel the tension and uneasyness that follows the characters through the disturbing finale.

"Ok hotshot, so you got yourself a golden brown palomino between your legs, and NO reins. Now what?"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 12 February 2016 - 03:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Didn't like that one. Sometimes I'm amazed how many actually classics I don't like and I'm a movie buff.

Just came back from the Point Break remake. Better than expected. I figured: don't mess with the original, but instead they expanded the concept. But if they just made the little effort of renaming the movie and the characters, you had a whole new film and a good one too. But the movie itself was good.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 14 February 2016 - 08:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

user posted image

As embarrassing as it may sound, I actually managed to watch Amelie for the first time ever on Saturday. Directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet & Starring Audrey Tautou as Amelie who decides to change the lives of those around her for the better, while struggling with her own introverted self.

Clever humour and sharp directing with excellent emphasis on countess things including colour usage especially on Green, Red & Yellow.

Its a rare treat of film that works. 5 stars from me!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 15 February 2016 - 03:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas. A very sad story of a friendship between an 8 year old German boy and a boy in a concentration camp. When the German boy Bruno has to move because his father made promotion, he is initially very sad for leaving his friends behind. Once moved, his mother forbids him going to the backyard. Bored, he goes out anyway and runs through the forrest until he sees the barbed wire of a nearby concentration camp thinking it's a farm. He befriends a boy named Shmuel. They bond and slowly becomes friends. Shmuel is often very sad and Bruno does not understand why. When his mother finds out to what his father has been promoted to she wants to leave with the kids. Bruno's sister wants to even though she has been greatly influenced by one of her father's soldiers and their tutor, but Bruno doesn't want to leave because of Shmuel. After Shmuel's father went missing in the camp, they agree to go look for him together setting in motion a tragic and devastating sequence of events.

That's all I'm gonna say about the movie. It's not for weak souls that's for sure. I strongly disagree with the score and review of the movie on allmovie. For what I've seen the movie is shot through the eyes of an 8 year old and that's it's main focus even though other themes could've been explored in the movie but simply didn't. Maybe it could've extended the movie which wouldn't have been bad either. The movie is 95 minutes long but the constant focus on the tragic circumstances between Bruno and Shmuel makes it worth it, even though there might have been some space to deepen the movie out with more focus on a sidestory. Anyway the performances of the actors mainly Bruno and Shmuel are quite impressive for their ages. I was really impressed by Shmuel who is completely consumed by his situation. And there is also Vera Farmiga who has I think the most beautiful blue eyes ever. Each scene she's in no matter in which movie or series, she just got such a nice a beautiful face that simply says: 'you can trust me.' There's light behind those eyes even in the scene where she is completely torn up after a fight with her husband. She's not only beautiful, she has that trustworthy face and that's something I find really attractive.

user posted image

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 February 2016 - 03:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Schindler's List. Spielberg's finest work.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 21 February 2016 - 02:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The Pianist.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 21 February 2016 - 08:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (denizen @ 12 February 2016 - 12:57 AM)
user posted image
Was it an attempt at making Glass' life more enthralling? For a movie, its truly fantastic. For a look back at history, its inaccurate. And for that I will give it 3 and a half stars. doh.gif

Come on Denizen, you know the spiel by now. Never, ever, ever let the facts get in the way of a good story! biggrin.gif Look at Argo, not portrayed as such but overwhelmingly a Canadian mission. Yet, fudged to appease the American audience who need to get their 'tires pumped' to really loosen up the purse strings and thus bolster the box office ratings. surprise.gif

Argo

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 February 2016 - 12:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I guess so. But some of the changes were more bearing than other movies

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 23 February 2016 - 11:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Eyes Wide Shut and The Danish Girl. I never mind to go 'controversial'.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 February 2016 - 03:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Deadpool and Arachnophobia.

Deadpool is one of the greatest comic book movies I've seen. I usually don't get well into these movies and the first one mostly disappoints me. But it's like everything I expect of a movie. This is a classic R-rated movie. Had such a great time.

Arachnophobia was just plain fun.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 27 February 2016 - 07:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I don't think this movie qualifies as being the best, but I thought it was quite humorous. laugh.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

MacGyverGod
Posted: 27 February 2016 - 07:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

That one was quite good.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 28 February 2016 - 09:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

user posted image

We got around to watching Burnt on the weekend.
For all of you food aficionado's, Burnt is Hollywood's recipe thrown in the mix, so to speak. biggrin.gif

It tells the story of Adam Jones (Bradley Cooper) trying to put his life back on the map after a meltdown of substance abuse. When his former restaurant manager hires him to be his head chef, the two start a mission to reclaim the restaurant's reputation by seeking a third Michelin star.

Don't watch it hungry! biggrin.gif

I would give it 3 stars. Certainly not a bad movie. But it was not 5 star material either. Still, worth a watch if you're into this sort of thing.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 15 March 2016 - 12:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I just saw the trailer of the 1956 movie: Earth vs. The Flying Saucers.

Now is it me or does that voice from outer space sound like Viking from Countdown?

Last movie seen: Interview with the Vampire.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 15 March 2016 - 08:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Sheesh! I saw that many eons ago! biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 16 March 2016 - 03:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I haven't seen it yet but I'm sort of cleaning up my to buy movielist and I came upon this. Can't even remember where I got it from. But that voice sounds just like Viking.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 16 March 2016 - 03:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

It actually does. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 17 March 2016 - 12:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Love this actor! Still the best comdey movie! biggrin.gif Sadly he passed away in 2010 sad.gif He was a great comedian!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Barry Rowland
Posted: 17 March 2016 - 02:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Episode:Twice Stung

That really was a fun movie!

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 March 2016 - 04:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Bram Stoker's Dracula.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 17 March 2016 - 05:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Risky Business Blu-ray version is unreal with all the extras. They get all the actors back for a chitchat, tongue-wag whatever and go through the making of all the scenes in detail. The soundtrack, as usual, is the straw that stirs the drink, sets the mood, and pays the huge dividends. Tangerine Dream's first attempt was not quite good enough apparently ... but their second try nailed it right on the head. Don't miss this teenage coming of age romance/comedy, if you haven't already seen it ... it hides it's age very well.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 17 March 2016 - 07:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Flight of the Navigator... I'm feeling awful nostalgic lately. lol

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 March 2016 - 05:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Not great at all. I even stopped the movie halfway but The Man With The Golden Gun sucks. The first James Bond I really disliked, that one and License To Kill. That I stopped it really means something. Goodnight however was a really pretty girl.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 25 March 2016 - 10:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I rather enjoyed License to Kill. smile.gif But it didn't make its mark

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 March 2016 - 05:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Besides The Man With The Golden Gun also stars Raymond from Murderers' Sky.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 25 March 2016 - 06:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Episode:Twice Stung

I'm a big Bond fan, from the oldest right up to the present. I'm probably unusual in that I really liked Pierce Brosnan in the role, but I really miss Q. He really made the movie IMO.

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 26 March 2016 - 03:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

So I'm checking out all these trailers to add to my to watchlist and about year, year and a half ago this magazine made this top 100 of best movies ever made. Even if they're like the worst movie of someone's career.

I bumped into this one.

Looks familiar? Now of course I want to get my hands on it.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 27 March 2016 - 03:23 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Sorcerer was recently re-released as part of a Criterion release I think so it is currently available.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (38) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll