Disclaimer      

All stories in this forum are the intellectual property of the respective authors. These works may not be copied or re-presented in any way what-so-ever with out the express permission of the respective author of the work. These writings are written for the enjoyment of fans and are not intended to infringe upon any copyrights or trademarks owned by Paramount Studios, agents of, or persons authorized to act on behalf of.

Please read the Fan Fiction Rules before posting your fiction.

>> Fan Fiction Index <<

In my "Mac-Verse...", A Guide to my Fanfiction
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacsChick
Posted: 9 May 2007 - 02:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

After all the hoopla surrounding my latest story, I just thought of something interesting all of us who write stories for this board could do, if you want to. idea.jpg I'm putting out a list of ideas/guidelines I follow in my own version of my "Mac-Verse." In other words, these are things that generally appear in my stories. It might help some of you who are unsure whether you want to read a particular story of mine or not.

Anyway, here is my list.

In my "Mac-Verse..."

1. Any crossover fiction between MacGyver and Stargate SG-1 features MacGyver and Jack O'Neill as cousins and descendents of the Ancients (if you know Stargate, you'll know what that means).
2. Sam is not MacGyver's son
3. Nikki still works for The Phoenix Foundation
4. Some stories are supernatural in their theme or fantasy
5. Most of the time, MacGyver still lives in his house boat and drives his jeep

Other than that, I'm pretty flexible with my content. laugh.gif If you think this is silly, that's fine. I just thought it might help acquaint people with the kinds of stories I write, especially if they're new.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
tandt14
Posted: 9 May 2007 - 03:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I love your fic. Your "Mac-Verse" is my ideal "Mac-Verse." I loved Nikki and really missed her in the latter episodes. I never could buy into the SAM thing myself. So, what jacket does Mac wear? Brown bomber? I'm in heaven!!! BTW, I love the new SAM story. I can't wait for the ending!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 9 May 2007 - 03:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

I like the brown bomber, but I also like the black leather. Hmm...it depends on his mood, I guess. wink.gif I'm glad you like the new story. Keep reading! smile.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Everhappy
Posted: 17 May 2007 - 12:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lookalikes

Favorites
Episode:Good Knight MacGyver

QUOTE (MacsChick @ 10 May 2007 - 01:03 AM)
Any crossover fiction between MacGyver and Stargate SG-1 features MacGyver and Jack O'Neill as cousins and descendents of the Ancients (if you know Stargate, you'll know what that means).

A little nit pick

MacGyver is Scottish wub.gif
Jack O'Neill is Irish love.jpg

And yet they are cousins?? huh.gif

O’Neill: I don’t know what to do
Carter: You spent seven years on MacGyver, and you can’t figure this one out?
You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick.
Now, you’re Mr. MacUseless.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 May 2007 - 01:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (Everhappy @ 17 May 2007 - 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (MacsChick @ 10 May 2007 - 01:03 AM)
Any crossover fiction between MacGyver and Stargate SG-1 features MacGyver and Jack O'Neill as cousins and descendents of the Ancients (if you know Stargate, you'll know what that means).

A little nit pick

MacGyver is Scottish wub.gif
Jack O'Neill is Irish love.jpg

And yet they are cousins?? huh.gif

That's in her Mac-verse and her way of linking them together.
In my original Mac-verse I had the idea of making MacGyver, Sam and Maria Romburg a family, but I slowly dropped the idea down on that.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Everhappy
Posted: 17 May 2007 - 01:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

It's just me. I can't really picture it. Because we never get to know anything about Jack O'Neill's heritage - other than he is Irish.

But sure, why not, let them be cousins

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 17 May 2007 - 01:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

Ever heard of Scotch-Irish ancestry? That's what I have. It's a mixture of Scottish and Irish background. I don't think you have to keep them purely separated. MacGyver might be a Scottish name, but he could have some Irish genetic heritage in him just the same. Heck, my last name is German, for crying out loud, yet I still have Scottish and Irish in me! smile.gif

--Henry David Thoreau

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
tandt14
Posted: 17 May 2007 - 04:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:Serenity

I don't think you have to keep them purely separated. MacGyver might be a Scottish name, but he could have some Irish genetic heritage in him just the same.

My thoughts exactly!! My maiden name is also German but I have Irish, German and Native American ancestry. My cousins have different heritage combinations, too.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Everhappy
Posted: 18 May 2007 - 07:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (tandt14 @ 18 May 2007 - 03:24 AM)
I don't think you have to keep them purely separated. MacGyver might be a Scottish name, but he could have some Irish genetic heritage in him just the same.

My thoughts exactly!! My maiden name is also German but I have Irish, German and Native American ancestry. My cousins have different heritage combinations, too.

Guess I just don't get around much biggrin.gif

I have absolutely no idea of my own heritage. Only, I'm Caucasian. Born on the Faroer Islands, raised in Denmark. It's all Denmark actually. My parents are Danish/Faroeese. Grandparents - I don't know.

My ancesters? Well, they came out of Paradise. Nobody knows what they looked like.

And, I'm married to an ape blink.gif laugh.gif My husband believes in Darwinism, so he believes he descended from apes.

And that must make our children "half apes" (that's a Danish expression, don't know if it's valid in English). harhar.gif
I looked this up in the dictionary, it says Lemur.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 25 July 2007 - 06:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle

Hi there -- wandered in from the web recently and decided to stop lurking, at least for the moment, to offer a bit of "disambiguation" -- even though it's kind of a stale thread, so my apologies.

Set the Wayback Machine for the fifth century and after: Ireland and Scotland were both subject to a few centuries of invasion and subsequent settlement from Scandinavia -- the Vikings came to raid, stayed to trade, settled down, built ports, started drinking the local brew and marrying the local girls. That's where the name "MacGyver" comes from. It's from mac (son of) Ivar, or Iver, or Ivor, variations of a relatively common Norse name. From what I've seen, MacGyvers are likely to be Scots, but MacIvers are more likely to be Irish. Even "Angus" isn't strictly Scots -- there's an Irish variation of the name, Aengus. Meanwhile, O'Neill, or O'Neil, or Ui Neal, is usually Irish but can also be Scots.

And the Scots and Irish have been crossing back and forth, invading each other, marrying each other, etc., since before the Vikings dropped in, and they haven't stopped yet. Northern Ireland in particular has lots of Scots-descended families, brought over by the English a few centuries back in an attempt to replace the pesky uppity Irish Catholics with, well, slightly less pesky, slightly less uppity Scots Protestants.

Then you move a lot of them over to the US and Canada -- heavy emigration for a few more centuries -- and they keep on marrying each other. So MacGyver and Jack O'Neill could easily be cousins fifty times over!

All of which is probably more information than anyone really wanted -- so back to lurking, I guess. And reading the fanfic, which is a real pleasure, which is how I ended up here in the first place!

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 25 July 2007 - 06:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

blink.gif HOLY CRAP!!! That's her first post folks! Stay tuned for more! laugh.gif clapping.gif

Welcome BTW biggrin.gif

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 25 July 2007 - 06:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle

Um, gosh, thanks. blush.gif Go-to gal for useless information here.

But go-to gal gotta go now. Guess I'll be back, though!

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 25 July 2007 - 06:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

roller.gif

Welcome aboard the good ship MacGyver biggrin.gif

Jump into the reception lounge and tell us a bit about yourself. wink.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted: 26 July 2007 - 09:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 25 July 2007 - 11:19 PM)
blink.gif HOLY CRAP!!! That's her first post folks! Stay tuned for more!  laugh.gif  clapping.gif

No kidding... biggrin.gif

And that's something I didn't know... Thanks, MB. (...and welcome.)

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted: 26 July 2007 - 09:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacsChick @ 9 May 2007 - 07:09 PM)
After all the hoopla surrounding my latest story...

*ahem* And when is your next story?

*foot tapping impatiently...* jump.gif

I'll bake you cookies... do your dishes... walk your dog? wink.gif

*sigh...* I'm Mac-deprived.

MacsChick
Posted: 26 July 2007 - 12:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites

I'm currently working on my next story. It's been slow going until now, but I'm finally picking up the pace, so be patient! The first part should be posted soon. smile.gif

--Henry David Thoreau

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted: 26 July 2007 - 02:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacsChick @ 26 July 2007 - 05:14 PM)
I'm currently working on my next story. It's been slow going until now, but I'm finally picking up the pace, so be patient! The first part should be posted soon.  smile.gif

notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif ... biggrin.gif

wersiya
Posted: 4 May 2014 - 08:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Version of the origin of the characters, in principle, not contrary to the canons, because of a particular national origin none of the characters does not say, as in multinational countries like the USA or Russia, the individual to have "ethnic" name and the ethnic group are not directly applicable in the order of things. And here is the place of birth and date of birth - this is the information which is clearly in the Canon, because if it for some reasons changes in the fanfic this should be explained in the story. Because, from Canon MacGyver over O'neill, and canonically (information on the year of birth flickers in the Canon) and actual output of the series of MacGyver on the screens respectively before the Stargates.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsMinx
Posted: 28 November 2017 - 06:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Pilot (intro v.o.), LTOA
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors
House:  Observatory

Recently, I came across some great information while doing some research for my own fanfic (one that doesn't cover Stargate) that I thought I should share with you. It builds on some of the same themes MacBeth talked about in her post and may provide a great backstory as to how Jack O'Neill and MacGyver could be cousins.

Over the last 15 years or so, genetic testing has become somewhat widespread and it's a great way for people to learn about their heritage. In addition to testing people in order to see what percentages of various ethnic groups an individual may belong, scientists can look at a man's DNA and find out what his ancestry is way back on his father's father's father's , etc. side (Y-DNA) and his mother's mother's mother's , etc. side (mitochondrial DNA, abbreviated mtDNA).

One Y-DNA strain that's very common in Northwestern Ireland is R-M222. Although it actually predates the legendary Irish monarch, it's commonly referred to as belonging to Niall of the Nine Hostages and his descendants. Being that he came from that part of the world, it's very possible that Niall did indeed have R-M222 Y-DNA.

Many surnames have ties to this genetic line, including O'Neill and (although your stories state that SAM is an impostor) Malloy.

There is an extensive list of other "Niall" Y-DNA-related surnames on a page from the Florida Irish Heritage Center's blog, available at https://floridairishheritagecenter.wordpres...-nine-hostages/. However, the best part is listed in a post below the main article. A user named Richard K. McKeever wrote a post on 6-26-12 stating that people with last names like MacGyver and its variants, at least in some cases, possess the R-M222 marker. According to McKeever, this means that, way back, the MacGyver line originated in Ireland.

Wikipedia (available at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_R-M269, accessed 11-28-2017) states it this way: "M222 is also found as a substantial proportion of the population of Scotland which may indicate substantial settlement from Northern Ireland or at least links to it."

I hope you find this information interesting and/or useful.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 28 November 2017 - 08:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Episode:The Human Factor

That does sound very interesting.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll