Disclaimer      

All stories in this forum are the intellectual property of the respective authors. These works may not be copied or re-presented in any way what-so-ever with out the express permission of the respective author of the work. These writings are written for the enjoyment of fans and are not intended to infringe upon any copyrights or trademarks owned by Paramount Studios, agents of, or persons authorized to act on behalf of.

Please read the Fan Fiction Rules before posting your fiction.

>> Fan Fiction Index <<

MacGyver - Children Of The United Nations part 1, Rated R for violence and some language
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverGod
Posted: 29 August 2018 - 05:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Welcome to my revised story of Children of the United Nations. After 8 years I finally picked the story up again where I left off. The first three chapters will be revised and edited. Starting from chapter four it'll be new for everyone. This story is based on the game Pink Panther Passport to Peril. In order to enhance the reading experience I will add links to various movie scores. Unfortunately there is no MacGyver music available to enhance the MacGyver-feel so I will have to make do with what I got. If I do want to use MacGyver music I will add the scene and episode between these (). I hope you enjoy the ride.

smallstart.gif smallstart.gif smallstart.gif smallstart.gif smallstart.gif smallstart.gif smallstart.gif
(The MacGyver Theme Song Season 6-7 starts playing)

(Theme song fades out and goes over into the Hard Rain Main Title when we fade in and see the City of Angels)

Chapter I
School Hostage
November 1996
Night

It was a late Friday night when whole of Los Angeles was in fear of what happened at the Dillard Elementary School. The principal completely lost all of his common sense and has taken thirty children hostage in one of the classrooms. He lured them by lying to them that he wanted to see them in his office and brought them there. This quickly got full media cover after the alarm got sounded off. Teachers, kids, their parents, the media and the police quickly gathered in front of the big building trying to convince the principal to give himself up and to let the children go.
No such luck, so they called the Phoenix Foundation to lend a hand. MacGyver was sitting in one of the police cars. The sirene lights of the other cars made his face red and blue every moment. He had the radio in his hand, talking to the principal in order to try a get some sense back into the man. (The music fades away here)
‘Come on, Dan. How about it, huh?’ MacGyver asked.
‘How about what?’ Dan’s voice came through the radio.
‘Give yourself up. You’ve been in there for six hours now with those kids. Don’t you think it’s about time you let them go?’
‘Forget it, MacGyver. I’m not letting them go.’
‘Why not? We’ve given you everything you wanted. You had your pizza's.’
‘I don’t give a damn about pizza’s, MacGyver. These kids got hungry. When a kid’s hungry, he needs to eat, right?’
‘That’s right. But these kids need their mothers too. They love their kids as much as you love yours. If you cooperate, I’ll see what the Phoenix Foundation can do to reduce your sentence as much as possible. But keeping six-year-olds hostage is a massive crime in L.A. Whatever problem you have or whatever made you do this, I’m here to help out. The Phoenix Foundation has pointed me out to the LAPD as a co-negotiator. I can help you.’
‘I’m not interested in your help, MacGyver.’
‘We’ve been through lots of talking for the past hours, but you haven’t told me why you're doing this. Why are you doing this? What do you want to achieve with this and who are you trying to hurt?’
‘Are these the ten thousand dollar questions?’
‘Yes.’
There was a moment of radio silence. ‘Dan?’
‘Wait a minute, Mac. Mind if I call you, Mac? I’m thinking.’
Ignoring Dan’s question he said: ‘Think already, Dan. There’s thirty thousand dollars at stake here. If you answer them correctly, you might win this.’
‘Why? Because I want to. What I’m trying to get: the headlines and who I’m trying to hurt? She left me with my kids and a whole lot of debts that I can’t pay for.’
‘And you think by doing this, you’ll get her back?’
‘No. By this I’m trying to show her what happens when someone does that to me. I lost my family, I lost my house and I lost my dignity.’
‘But you still had your job.’
‘Running into your job is not a good hideaway.’
‘That’s true. Being a runner is not a good thing but your job was the only thing you still had. You should’ve cherished that instead of throwing that away too.’
‘Being a principal is not a dream job.’
‘But it makes good money, right?’
‘Little over thirty thousand dollars. As much as our little quiz here just now.’
‘That’s right.’
‘So did I win it?’
‘Not yet, but you just won another round.’
‘Cool. MacGyver, what about you? What do you do for a living?’
‘I’m a troubleshooter.’
‘A what?’
‘A troubleshooter.’
‘What does that mean? You take out your gun and shoot your trouble?’
‘No, it means I do government jobs or assignments for the Phoenix Foundation. They send me to anywhere in the world and there I’ll have to do what I can to help.’
‘Makes good money?’
‘They usually pay me out with bonuses.’
‘So no money?’
‘Sometimes. I gotta buy food as well and pay my bills too.’
‘How much money do you make?’
‘It depends of the assignment. I saved a man once out of a mental institution in Czechoslovakia and brought him over to the United States. Phoenix paid me two hundred thousand dollars for it.’
Dan whistled in astonishment in the radio.
‘Two hundred thousand dollars? Do you got any idea, how long I have to work for that?’
‘About six years and a couple of months.’
‘And all you have to do is take an airplane to Czechoslovakia, break-in at a mental institution, save a man’s life and bring him back?’
‘It’s not just all that. I do a lot more. I’m trying to make this world a better place. Phoenix takes on national and international causes. Political matters, the environment, nature. We do studies on what effects we can create if we do this or that. Just like we’re doing right here. What do you think that will happen after this is all over?’
‘I’ll probably go to jail or I’ll die along with the children because of whatever foolishness, you guys are up to.’
‘Right now, we’re not up to anything. This is still the talking phase.’
‘Oh, still the talking phase? Well, MacGyver, maybe I should give you my demands now.’
‘Whatever you say, Dan. There’s no need for us to slow things down.’
‘That’s right.’
‘You sound like a clever man, Dan. Come on, tell me. What do you have in mind?’
‘I want ten million dollars delivered here within the hour.’
‘Ten million dollars, that’s fine. What else?’
‘A fast car, something expensive and not too shabby.’
‘A corvette?’
‘Or something alike. Ten mille, a fast expensive and not too shabby car, within the hour.’
‘And the ten mille, how do you want them? Small bills? Big bills?’
‘Whatever the bank’s got, I don’t care about five hundred dollar bills or ten dollar bills. Just get me the money and the car. You got fifty-nine minutes left.’
‘Sure, want to have more pizza with that?’
‘Hehehehehe. You’re amusing MacGyver. I wish we’ve met in other circumstances.’
‘Dan, the children. What are you going to do with them?’
‘I’ll release them from as soon as I see the car and the money. There’s just one little catch.’
‘And what’s that?’
‘How do I know for sure, you’re going to let me go?’
‘I don’t know. I’ll guess we have to trust each other on that.’
‘Trust?’
‘Yeah, we’ll have to trust you in letting those kids go as you have to trust us in getting things arranged for your escape.’
‘I’ll tell you what, MacGyver.’
‘I’m listening.’
‘Good. I’ll leave the children in the chemistry classroom. Once I’m out of sight with the car and the money, you can go in and get the kids. Agreed?’
‘Agreed.’
‘Good, now I’m off the air.’
MacGyver sighed and got out of the car.
‘Any luck?’ Pete asked.
‘Nada,’ MacGyver replied. ‘If he has to let the children go, he wants ten million dollars and a fast car first, within the hour.’
‘The guy is crazy,’ Lt. Rhome said.
‘Crazy but not stupid.’
‘MacGyver, we’re never going to get that kind of money in time and than that car.’
MacGyver placed his hands in his pockets thinking his options through.
‘I know. That’s why I’m going in.’

Inside the school building Dan pushed the children towards the chemistry classroom.
‘Go on, get in there,’ he yelled while waving his gun at the children.
They entered the classroom and Dan started to push and shove things aside. He shoved two tables a side and pushed one over that had test tubes on it. The glass tinkled and broke on the floor. The children were scared of the glass flying around.
‘Everybody sit in the middle of the classroom.’
Shaken the children took their place in the middle of the room.
‘Don’t worry about nothing. There’s a man out there named MacGyver, he’s coming to get you out of here, after I’m gone. Than you will see your parents again.’
‘Sir, why are you doing this?’ one of the kids ask.
‘Shut up. Just shut up when I’m thinking, alright? I can’t think when you talk. I… I need a rope. I’m going to tie you up and leave you here.’
Dan left the classroom and locked them up there searching for rope.

‘MacGyver, you can’t be serious about going in there,’ Lt. Rhome said. ‘There are kids out there and a man with a gun.’
‘Lt. maybe I can do much more in there than out here.’
‘Maybe.’
‘I’m sure, he’s going to think of something,’ Pete smiled.
‘Yeah, yeah.’

Dan found the rope he was looking for and tied the children up and bound them together.
‘That’s that,’ he said while tying the last one up.
Than his eye caught the attention of interesting chemicals. ‘Hmm.’

‘By just standing here, we’re not getting further in the situation,’ Mac said. ‘I’m going in.’
‘Alright,’ Lt. Rhome said permitting, ‘but be careful in there.’
‘Of course,’ Mac replied and walked towards the building.
‘Everybody hold your fire!’ Lt. Rhome said through a speaker. ‘MacGyver is going in.’
MacGyver walked towards the building, up to the steps to the door. The doors were locked from the inside.
‘Hey, the doors are locked,’ Mac shouted to the crowds. ‘I’m going to try and find another way in!’ (Slow tense music comes up here)
MacGyver walked around the building and found the fire escape. The ladder was taken up by Dan to prevent the cops would be able to go in that way. MacGyver looked up and jumped trying to get the lowest step but he just couldn’t reach it. After a few attempts of jumping up and down, he gave up and looked around. The garbage container standing at the back of the building might help him out. He pushed the garbage container in front of the fire escape. Than he crawled on top of it. The container was unstable under his feet. In his head MacGyver counted to three and than jumped to the ladder. The container rolled away but he managed in holding up on the lowest step. With a little climbing he managed to get up on to the ladder, but when he got with his feet up to the lowest step, the ladder extended itself sending MacGyver back down, startling him. He shook his head and climbed up the ladder to the fire door near the roof. Carefully he opened the door and entered the building. The building was dark and deserted. He began searching the floors in order to find the kids and to catch Dan. He checked out doors and classrooms, but most of them were either locked or empty. He passed by Dan’s office. It was empty with nothing but a few boxes of eaten pizza’s. There was still a piece left.
‘Hmm, pizza,’ MacGyver said and took the remaining slice for on the road.
By the end of the floor there was a stairs leading to the floor below. Descending down the stairs he went a floor lower. When touching the floor, he felt he stepped on something. There was a sort of liquid on the floor. The liquid was poured out over the entire floor and the walls. MacGyver bended through his knees and with his fingertips he touched the liquid. He smelled it and tasted it.
‘Nearly pure alcohol.’
The liquid made a whole trail in the hallway and to the floors below. ‘My God. He’s going to torch the whole building down.’
He followed the trail of the liquid leading to a door. He opened the door and the trail continued. He kept following the trail until he came by another staircase. A lot of noise came from below and MacGyver peeked over the railing. He saw Dan was busy down there pouring the liquid over the ground and the walls. ‘Dan? Dan, are you down there?’
The noise stopped. Dan looked up.
‘MacGyver.’
‘That’s right. What are you doing?’
‘I’m going kill those kids and you and leave with my Corvette and my ten million dollars.’
‘I can’t let you do that.’ (The music changes into the track of Chase from Desperate Measures)

‘Yeah? Try and stop me when I set the whole place on fire,’ he yelled and turned his Zippo lighter to light up the alcohol. The fire erupted and the flames followed their course over the alcohol. MacGyver saw flames coming his way and he ducked around a corner for cover. In no time the whole building was set on fire.
An explosion blew out the windows making the crowd of police, witnesses and media scream. The explosion was loud and roaring. Shredded glass was thrown on the peoples and the police cars. A panic erupted in the crowds.
‘Oh, my God, MacGyver is still in there!’ Pete yelled.
MacGyver ran down the stairs but Dan was out of sight.
‘Come on MacGyver, be fast!’ he said to himself while following the flames.
The children were screaming for help when they saw the color of dancing flames and the smoke coming from underneath the door.
‘HELP!!! HELP!!! Let us out of here!!!’
MacGyver stopped running, he heard something. He looked over his shoulder and realized he ran into the wrong direction. The chemistry classroom was way on the other side of the hallway. As fast as he could MacGyver ran to the chemistry classroom. MacGyver tried the door but of course it was locked. He observed the door.
‘Typical door, easy to pick open.’
MacGyver started to pick open the door with his knife, but than Dan reappeared jumping on his back making him drop his knife.
‘You, son of a b*tch!!! No!!! I’m not going to let you save those kids!!!’
Both men started to wrestle. MacGyver tried to get him off his back. Dan forced Mac against the wall. Any way possible MacGyver tried to get away from the wall. Dan was stronger than he looked. MacGyver growled when he pushed himself off with his hands. He placed his foot against the wall and pushed himself further off. They both staggered backwards to the other wall. Still Dan didn’t let him go. MacGyver banged his head against his chin, launched his elbow backwardly in Dan’s face, followed by a hard left sending Dan to the ground. Mac turned back to the door but when he reached the door Dan was up again with his gun. MacGyver grabbed the wrist forcing it to point some other way. He launched his elbow hard against Dan’s ribs. Dan exclaimed in pain, weakening. MacGyver pushed his wrist against the wall making him drop the gun. He dropped the gun and MacGyver kicked it away down the hall. MacGyver hit him with his right again but Dan launched his right as well. The left one send Mac to the wall. Another left-right combo in his stomach. A last devastating right blow made Mac face the wall and collapse to the ground. MacGyver grunted when protected his stomach if there was more to come, but he saw Dan running to the gun. Moaning he got up and tackled Dan from the back. He pushed Dan to the wall, but Dan was faster and kneed MacGyver's groin. Another right send MacGyver to his hand and knees. Dan grabbed MacGyver by his hair and kneed him in the face. MacGyver felt the bone in his nose going to his brain. The blood splattered over the wall as he fell on his back. The fight was taking it’s toll on MacGyver. He was breathing heavy and losing his energy but he was about the crawl up. Dan got the gun and swung the barrel in Mac’s face causing a big head wound over his left eyebrow. MacGyver was now face down to the floor. When Dan took him by the shoulder to force him up, MacGyver launched a hard right uppercut against his chin. Now Dan’s blood splattered around. The power of the blow was so hard both men were send backwards. Dan spat blood out. They both got up and like violent aggressive dogs fighting over a bone, they clashed again. MacGyver hit him in the stomach again and launched his left fist against his cheek and managed to give him more combo shots to retaliate on his previous beating. While they kept hitting each other wherever possible they neared the railing of the stairs again. MacGyver gave him another double combo and Dan answered that with another massive right. He grabbed MacGyver’s throat and pushed him against the railing, than further and further in order to throw him over it. MacGyver took hold of it with one hand to prevent falling over. With his other hand he tried to break the hold free. The air was pressed out of throat as he began choking. Dan grabbed one of his legs sending MacGyver more over the railing. As long as he had his hand on it, he couldn’t fall. In a final attempt to break free, he poked his index finger in Dan’s eye. Dan was slightly distracted of this and than Mac pushed his thumb in it to cause pressure on his eye ball. MacGyver pushed harder and harder and Dan had to let go of him. MacGyver pushed himself off the side to not fall off. Both men had to regain their strength. MacGyver was coughing and gasping for air. There wasn’t much air because of the smoke so he took off his jacket to breath through and regain his senses. Dan was trying to recover his eye sight. It took them a few moments to reenergize. Dan was the first one and eager to continue the fight. He pulled MacGyver up and swung his fist again. MacGyver ducked and hit him again with a left-right combination. Dan collapsed on the ground but tried to get up. MacGyver prevented this and smashed his head against the wall three times. Dan’s head was bleeding and he was dazed but still not giving up. When he got up he swung his arm backwards, hitting MacGyver right in the face and sending him over the rail. MacGyver took hold of the railing again but now he was really hanging on it. Below him there was the stairs leading to the floor underneath. Not so far and deep but landing would sure hurt and break his bones. Not to mention the stairs were on fire.
‘I guess, I win after all,’ Dan triumphed still dazed.
He began stomping Mac’s hands with his feet. But it was never enough to make Mac fall. This made him angry of not being able to defeat Mac and in a last attempt of making him fall, he bit in one of Mac’s hands. MacGyver screamed when he felt Dan’s teeth in his skin. Dan kept biting until his hand began to bleed. Dan pulled his head backwards tearing off a piece of MacGyver’s skin. Dan held the bloody piece of skin between his teeth. MacGyver roared like some sort animal, pulled himself up with one hand and launched a destructive nose breaking right hand against Dan’s nose. Blood sprayed like a shower around. Dan was surprised by the power of this blow and when he was about to fall, MacGyver grabbed his collar and pulled him over the side. 'See you later, Dan!'
Dan tumbled over the side and fell onto the burning stairs below and remained motionless. MacGyver crawled his way back up to safety and looked over the side again.
‘And I’m not going to let you kill those kids.’
MacGyver ran back to the door, took his knife of the floor and started to pick the lock again. He finally got the door open and went inside the classroom. ‘Hey, kids. Name’s MacGyver. Coming to get you out.’
‘He tied us all up, mister,’ one of the kids.
‘He did, did he? Let’s see what we can do about that.’
MacGyver cut all the ropes loose with his knife. ‘Alright, kids, listen up. We have to go through the fire to get out. Stick together and follow me.’
MacGyver went back to the door with the children. ‘OK, everybody hold your hands. We’re going to make a long chain and don’t you let go each other.’
MacGyver took the hand of the kid beside him as did the others with the ones they stood side by side. ‘Follow my trail, step where I step and don’t you dare let go one another. Let’s do this one step at the time, kids.’
MacGyver took lead of the chain and led them back to where he came in the building to the fire escape. Except when he got there, the doorway was on fire. The fire was eating it’s way through everything possible. The fire was so consuming that that whole part of the building was about to collapse. And it was going to. With a lot of heavy creaking and noise, the door and part of the roof came down.
‘Get back!’ MacGyver yelled and pushed the kids out of harms way.
The pieces of concrete fell around and a part of it landed on Mac’s arm. MacGyver yelped in pain as the part of concrete made a gushing wound in his arm.
‘Damn it!’ he swore and looked at the children. ‘Sorry about that. We have to go all the way back down to the main doors. Come on!’
Again they formed a chain and Mac led them down. They had to go down the stairs where Dan fell. They went down the stairs. Dan was still down there laying motionless.
‘Is he dead?’ a kid asked.
‘I think so,’ Mac answered. ‘But go on, don’t waste time here.’
They went down another floor or two, but when they reached the second-to-last stairs they met another big obstacle. The stairs was broken in two to reach the lower level. The hole separating the parts of the stairs was pretty big. MacGyver’s gears were working on full action mode.
‘Alright, kids, I’m going to have to jump. When I get to the other side, I’ll catch you up.’
MacGyver observed the whole situation again. ‘I’m going to let go and jump!’
He let them go, took a breather and jumped over the hole. He landed on his feet on the stairs but did fell down the rest of them.
‘Mr. MacGyver!’ the first kid said.
‘I’m alright, kids,’ he said and got up.
He ran up the stairs again until the hole. Not until as far as he got, he noticed how unstable the remaining steps were. ‘Come on, kids, jump!’
The first one and second one jumped. The third one hesitated a bit.
‘Come on! Don’t worry, I gotcha,’ MacGyver said and the kid jumped.
All of them jumped with MacGyver catching them up. But the last one was a bit of a problem.
‘I can’t. I’m scared,’ the kid cried out.
‘Look kid, we’re all here and we’re all scared but you’re the last one. I know you can do it. If the rest can do it so can you. I will catch you, just jump. You can do it! On the count of three. One, two, three!’
The kid froze.
‘It’s ok, kid. We’ll just go again. Trust me! One. Two. Three!’
The kid trusted Mac and jumped in the end.
‘There you go, kid. Way to go!’ he cheered while catching up the kid. ‘Come on, one more floor and we’re down.’
Than the part of the staircase he stood on gave in!
‘Mr. MacGyver!’ the kids yelled.
MacGyver almost fell to the floor below, but he could grab himself on the remaining parts of the stairs.
‘Bloody hell!’ MacGyver swore.
Some of the more brave kids came closer to him.
‘Kids, one of you take me hand and pull me up!’
One of the kids took his hand. ‘Come on, pull me up!’
The kid tried pulling up the tall man. He pulled and MacGyver pulled himself up over the stairs. ‘Good going, come on!’
Mac and the kids ran down the final staircase and came back on ground level. They reached the glass doors, but the doors were locked and the walls near the door were burning like hell. MacGyver brutally tried to open the doors with all muscles.
‘Come on! Come on!’ MacGyver screamed and banged with his fists on the glass. ‘Rhome!!! Rhome!!!’
The cops outside were busy trying to calm everyone down.
‘Everybody get back!!’ MacGyver said and pushed the children back. He was looking around for anything at all to help him. There was another door leading to another classroom. MacGyver tried the door but that one was also locked. ‘Oh, God, come on!’
Again with all his muscles he tried opening it. He starting banging on it with his shoulder. Again and again and again. He just ended up hurting his shoulder. Than he decided in changing his method.
‘OK, kids, just back away!’ he said and took a few steps backwards. Growling, he ran to the door and kicked it open with his foot. The door broke open and barged in there. He threw several tables over and knocked the chairs over until he found the one he wanted. One of the chairs he took it firmly in his hands and ran with it to the glass door to threw it against the glass. The glass broke but not sufficient enough.
‘Aw man!’
MacGyver ran back to the classroom and dragged a table out. He shoved the table over the floor at increasing speed and smashed it completely through the doors. The glass splintered around and dragged the attention of the crowds outside.
‘Rhome! Come on!’ he signaled him.
Rhome saw MacGyver and ran to him.
‘Oh my God, he’s there!’
In no time the cops and paramedics followed him. (The music changes into Escape from Desperate Measures)

‘Come on, kids!’ MacGyver yelled and led the kids out of the building. The children ran up to their parents. Their parents were held together and they ran up to their children.
‘MacGyver, are you alright?’ Pete asked when he saw MacGyver’s injuries. His face and arms and T-shirt were blackened by the fire.
‘Call the fire department,’ Mac said to Rhome.
‘They’re on the way. Where’s Dan?’ Rhome asked.
‘No, I’m not alright, and Dan is dead.’
MacGyver shoved Pete aside and ran to the children.
‘MacGyver, what are you gonna do now?’
‘Somebody should do a headcount.’
Pete and Rhome shared a strange look.
‘Does everybody got their kids back?’ he asked but no one listened.
MacGyver began counting. ‘One, two, three, four, five, six, seven…,’
‘We counted them already, sir. We got all thirty of them,’ a paramedic said.
‘I just want to count them for myself, to be sure.’
MacGyver lost count and started to count again. ‘One, two, three, four…’ Than he counted in silence until twenty-six. ‘Twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine… Twenty-nine?’
‘What’s the problem?’ Pete asked.
‘I only got twenty-nine kids. There were thirty of them.’ (The music grows intenser at 2:27)
‘Oh my God, look!’ a woman screamed and pointed to the burning building. On the third floor a kid was screaming out the window. ‘Help!!! Help!!!’
MacGyver turned around and saw the kid.
‘Heeeeelp!!!!’ he screamed and dove away.
An explosion followed and the flames rose from out the building. The crowd screamed again. Without any hesitation, MacGyver ran back to the building. He jumped upon the trunk of a police car, up the roof. From one top of the car to another and on another he ran off the car via the hood, back on the road and with a perfect sliding over the hood of another police car, he ran straight to the building. He jumped through the remaining pieces of the glass door. The glass tinkled on the ground. MacGyver pulled himself up and ran back to the third floor. He had to find another way, since the stairs were broken down and separating the first and second floor but he managed to get there. ‘Hey, kid, where are you?’
‘I’m in here! The door’s jammed.’
‘Not for long!’ Mac reassured him and kicked in the door.
‘I’m sorry, I lost you guys.’
‘That’s alright kid, come on,’ MacGyver said and picked the kid up in his arms.
With the kid in his arms he ran back to the stairs he used to get back in the building but now also that staircase was being consumed by the fire. ‘Oh, God, no! We have to use the broken staircase. There’s no other way. ’
There was another intense creaking coming from the ceiling up. MacGyver looked up and his eyes widened when he saw what was about to happen. ‘Oh, God!’
He ran away from it as a whole part of the ceiling came down.
‘The whole building is coming down!!’
MacGyver ran to the other way but also there the ceiling came down. The fire was surrounding him now. There was no way out!
Suddenly a door opened and Dan came out with his gun! When Dan entered the hallway the door he came through collapsed as well.
‘You thought, I was dead, didn’t you? Well my friend, this is the end here!! Goodbye, MacGyver!!!’
On the moment he was about the shoot the whole ground started to shake and another loud creaking noise was heard. With a thundering roar, a crack appeared in the ground becoming larger and larger. Realizing what was gonna happen, MacGyver took one step backwards. Than the whole part where Dan was standing gave in and the whole floor collapsed to the floor below. Dan screamed like a dying animal as he disappeared in the hole. There was sickening thud heard and than he stopped screaming. When the floor gave in, MacGyver was thrown to ground.
‘I’m sorry, kid,’ he said.
‘MacGyver?!’ a voice said from in the hole.
MacGyver looked in the hole. There were firefighters running down there.
‘Up here!’
The fighters looked up and saw him.
‘I got a kid here.’
‘Throw him down, I’ll catch him.’
‘Alright.’
MacGyver turned to the kid. ‘Listen up, kid. I’m going to have to throw you in the hole. The fireman down there will catch you and bring you back to your mother. OK?’
The kid nodded in tears.
‘Ready.’
‘Yep.’
‘Here he comes,’ MacGyver said and threw the kid in the hole. The fireman caught him.
‘Alright, MacGyver, you’re next.’
When MacGyver was about to jump, there was the intense noise of creaking again. MacGyver looked at the floor wondering where it was. But it wasn’t on the floor, it was on the ceiling above him again. MacGyver couldn’t get out of the way in time and he got whole load of falling and burning debris on him. The amount of debris crushed him to the floor. He kept his hands around his head to prevent big damage. When he looked up once more a lot more debris came down on him. Covering him completely up in dirt, wood and flames. This time he screamed when it came down, burying him in the fire!
(The music reaches it's peak and we fade out here)

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 30 August 2018 - 12:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Great story! smile.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 30 August 2018 - 01:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Shouldn't speech have the proper double speech marks (" ") around it?

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 30 August 2018 - 03:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Thanks MacGyver Online, I'll edit it in my story post as soon as possible. And I always used one speech marker in my stories. Between you and me this was the actual post I made years ago, I just edited some stuff out including an f-bomb. I just noticed in a couple of my English books some writers like Stephen King use one speech marker, others use doubles. I think it's optional. Thanks again for the fixes though. I appreciate it. smile.gif

Thanks, Jedi. Next chapter will be up Sunday. Stay tuned. smile.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 2 September 2018 - 04:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 31 August 2018 - 11:10 AM)
I just noticed in a couple of my English books some writers like Stephen King use one speech marker, others use doubles. I think it's optional.

That's interesting.
I was always told...and observed in writing that single quote was for naming titles and names of products, items, etc while double quotes are for quoting actual speech.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 September 2018 - 02:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Maybe it differs on editions or prints? For example I have a renewed edition of The Shining which uses a single speech marker, maybe to update it, but if you find an older or original print maybe those got the double markers. I don't know, just thinking though. To me it doesn't matter. I'm staying with the single marker, that's how I was taught. wink.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 3 September 2018 - 05:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 3 September 2018 - 10:31 PM)
To me it doesn't matter. I'm staying with the single marker, that's how I was taught. wink.gif

Ok, but if you're interested in learning American grammar have a look at this.

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/quotation-marks/

In American English, single quotation marks are used for quotes within quotes.

You can also see single quotation marks instead of double quotation marks in headlines of newspaper articles. And of course, all of these rules apply to American English—single vs. double quotation marks is a whole different story in British English.

Apparently it's different for British. wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll