Disclaimer      

All stories in this forum are the intellectual property of the respective authors. These works may not be copied or re-presented in any way what-so-ever with out the express permission of the respective author of the work. These writings are written for the enjoyment of fans and are not intended to infringe upon any copyrights or trademarks owned by Paramount Studios, agents of, or persons authorized to act on behalf of.

Please read the Fan Fiction Rules before posting your fiction.

>> Fan Fiction Index <<

Labrador, Chapter Two, PG-13
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
jackwabbit
Posted: 25 August 2007 - 12:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

CHAPTER TWO

Ten minutes later, Jack Dalton was jolted awake by the loud ringing of his bedside telephone. He cursed to himself and groggily rolled over to see who on Earth could be calling him at this hour. The red digital numbers on his alarm clock blazed a bright 11:02, which for Jack wasn’t too late (in fact, he was rarely in bed before one in the morning-tonight had been an exception) but certainly was too late for social calls.

As he picked up the phone and mumbled a ‘hello?’, Jack came awake instantly at the sound of Peter Thornton’s voice. Something had to be very wrong for Pete to call him, and Jack felt a surge of panic.

“Jack?”

“Yeah, Pete. What’s wrong?”

“That obvious, huh?”

“Yeah, well, you and me aren’t exactly kimosabe, huh?”

“Yeah…right…Jack, listen…it’s MacGyver. You haven’t heard from him, have you?”

Jack’s panic became an uneasy dread.

“No. Why?”

“He’s missing.”

“Missing? How? When? Where?”

“Jack, calm down. Calm down and listen to me.”

Pete’s voice was one of a man used to being obeyed, and for once Jack Dalton closed his mouth. He could tell Pete was worried, so he listened.

He listened for the next fifteen minutes as Pete filled him in on the events of the last three weeks. When Pete finally concluded his tale, Jack was silent for a few seconds on the line, and Pete wondered if he was still there.

“Jack?”

“Yeah, Pete. I’m here. I gotta go, though.”

“Oh?”

“I might know where Mac is. Gotta run. Good thing I was in town this week. Thanks, Pete.”

“For what?”

“For letting me know.”

“Jack, we’ve already checked the houseboat, the ice rink, and all of MacGyver’s usual haunts. Where are you going?”

“Pete, you’ve known Mac a long time, but there are some things about your boy you aren’t privy to. There’s a side of MacGyver you don’t want to know. I knew him back when that side was a little more obvious. Just trust me. I have some ideas where he might be. Trust me.”

Pete sighed over the line. “Just go, Jack. Just go. Good luck.”

Pete hung up then, thinking that trusting Jack Dalton was about as smart as having a rattlesnake for a pet, but wondering if Jack just might come through this time after all.

“Here’s hoping,” said Pete aloud to his empty office.

With that, Peter Thornton got his coat and went home to what was sure to be a long sleepless night, still worried about his best agent and close friend.

"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 25 August 2007 - 12:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather

You captured Jack's voice well with the "Missing? How? When? Where?" It reminded me of his panic in Brainwashed when he asks Mac, "Is it really you this time? Is it really me?" laugh.gif Nice touch. I also like the side of Mac that Pete doesn't know about...hmm...wonder what it is. hmm.bmp I will read more!

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jackwabbit
Posted: 25 August 2007 - 12:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Please do! I'm honored!

"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted: 30 August 2007 - 04:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker

“Yeah, well, you and me aren’t exactly kimosabe, huh?”

Classic Jack...

"...Trust me.”

Pete sighed over the line. “Just go, Jack. Just go. Good luck.”

Small chapter. But it packed a punch.

Reading...

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
Bushmaster12
Posted: 10 November 2015 - 07:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:too many to pick
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

thumbsup.gif

PM                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll