Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

The owners of the original Lands End houseboat used to film scenes of the 80’s & 90’s hit TV show, MacGyver, have confirmed on their blog that they will be putting the float-home up for sale later this year.

Located in a private undisclosed marina in Vancouver, Canada, the husband and wife owners have been living on Lands End, the vessels registered name, since January 2005, but have now decided it’s time to move on and are currently in the process of renovating and repairing the houseboat to ready it for sale.
They haven’t set an exact date of sale yet, saying only that it will be “later this summer, maybe even early fall, depending upon how long it takes to spiffy it up.”

The houseboat was used for filming external scenes for the show from 1987 to 1990 in Vancouver, Canada, where MacGyver was filmed from it’s 3rd to 6th seasons. Although the other 3 seasons each respectively tried using a different housing situation for the shows title character, it was the Houseboat which seemed to fit best with the fans and has now become, in many fans eyes, an icon of the show; and it’s this icon status throughout much of the shows considerable fan base along with a continuing fascination with MacGyver by the wider public which may very well turn this little floating home into hot property.

Take a virtual tour of the houseboat and see how it looks today

Follow the owner’s blog.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 31 July 2010 - 01:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

And what are they asking for it?

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MACGYVERISMYDAD
Posted: 31 July 2010 - 01:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Exec. Wenger

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle

I could not imagine being the new buyers of such a place. I would be so happy.

Now technically I'm driving a stolen car following a kidnapping... and I didn't even get to have my first cup of coffee. (Mac)
Your burning hot MacGyver... And so is Pete! ! (Murdoc)
Does anyone have a knife?? Yes...it has lots of different blades (Macgyver music plays while mac examines the knief) ...I know
Why are you taking your pants off?? You got a better idea? I'm still trying to figure out what yours is!!

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 31 July 2010 - 02:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 31 July 2010 - 09:07 PM)
And what are they asking for it?

There's not mention of price yet. I guess that will come once they have finished the repairs and had it valued to local market prices.

QUOTE (MACGYVERISMYDAD)
I could not imagine being the new buyers of such a place. I would be so happy.

Yeah me too. Although the inside looks quite different to what we saw in the show, but who cares... it's MacGyver's houseboat!!! biggrin.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MACGYVERISMYDAD
Posted: 31 July 2010 - 07:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Exec. Wenger

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle

if I owned this place I would invite everyone from the forum over for macgyver parties, which would involve of course macgyver running 24/7 on the tv, sports such as indoor baseketball and table hockey and maybe cook up a little bayou burned blackend redfish.

Now technically I'm driving a stolen car following a kidnapping... and I didn't even get to have my first cup of coffee. (Mac)
Your burning hot MacGyver... And so is Pete! ! (Murdoc)
Does anyone have a knife?? Yes...it has lots of different blades (Macgyver music plays while mac examines the knief) ...I know
Why are you taking your pants off?? You got a better idea? I'm still trying to figure out what yours is!!

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 31 July 2010 - 08:53 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

Sounds like a good plan. biggrin.gif

I probably have to tuck it to the harbors at the North Sea or Antwerp first before getting it at the rivers in town.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacDriver
Posted: 2 August 2010 - 05:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Sportsman

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Heist
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I like the way you think, MacIsMyDad. Seriously, living in the houseboat would make my life.

"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle

"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
angus20
Posted: 8 August 2010 - 05:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:all
Jacket:  Brown bomber

This is something really hard to believe, I hope a macgyver fan buy it and then the rest of us could visit the place, it is a shame i don`t have enough money.

XD

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
MacSAK
Posted: 22 September 2010 - 05:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Hiker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow Out
Jacket:  Leather Biker

Damn, that would be so cool. If I ever had Macs houseboat, Id maybe build it to look like macs houseboat. Mac party sounds cool! There would be like everything related to MacGyver and of course MacGyver marathon. MacG.gif

getcha pull

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll