Please Note      

You can only post replies to topics already posted in this forum. You can not start new topics. If you would like to discuss a character which doesn't already have their own topic please start the new topic in the Houseboat forum and we will move it to this forum for you.

Nikki Carpenter
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

How did you rate this character?
user posted image [ 1 ]  [1.89%]
user posted image [ 3 ]  [5.66%]
user posted image [ 5 ]  [9.43%]
user posted image [ 18 ]  [33.96%]
user posted image [ 26 ]  [49.06%]
Total Votes: 53
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 30 July 2007 - 10:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Every week I will be posting a new topic titled "Character Discussion". In this, we will discuss a character, what we liked about them, what we didn't like, etc.

Nikki Carpenter

Known as Nikki to her friends, Nicole Anne Carpenter is an investigator with police training who met MacGyver while she was investigating her brother Danny Barrett?s murder.

Although Nikki and MacGyver didn't get along to start with, over time they have become very close friends and Nikki has come to respect MacGyver's experience and knowledge.

Read the full bio here

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted on 30 July 2007 - 01:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory

Well, it seems that most of the female characters on MacGyver have been fairly short-lived. I liked Nikki Carpenter pretty well and I'm not sure of why she left the show. Elyssa Davalos may just have had other projects to do. Anyway, it seems any time there was any attempt at romantic pairings for MacGyver, the female fans of the show complained rolleyes.gif (particularly with "The Wall" episode, introducing Maria Romburg. 3 episodes later, "MacGyver's Women"- she was off on assignment for Phoenix in Brazil, never to be heard from again!)

The thing with MacGyver is that there are so few actual cast members. For the first season it was only Richard Dean Anderson. By the second season, we have Dana Elcar as Pete Thornton on a full time basis now, and Richard Dean Anderson as MacGyver. But no one was ever really introduced as a full time member of the cast. That's why we kind of have to cobble together the recurring guest stars that would form the MacGyver universe- which would definitely include Nikki Carpenter. It'd be cool if she had been kept on as a permanent cast member and that would have given the Phoenix Foundation a bigger agent base, at least one known to the viewers. I assume other agents are employed there and go on missions- but obviously the ones we focus on are MacGyver's.

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 30 July 2007 - 01:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

As I understand it Nikki was introduced with the idea of becoming a love interest to Mac...

And we all know what that means. *eyeballs all the women*

It's a pity they decided to cut the character all together instead of keeping her on as a co-worker and friend. They did have a good dynamic together and was fun to watch.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 30 July 2007 - 01:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
House:  House boat

I liked Nikki. She was sassy, savvy, and capable of being sweet. I think she should have been made a return character, like Jack Dalton.

cool.jpg

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 30 July 2007 - 03:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Since I bought the third season of MacGyver I developed a big interest in Nikki Carpenter. I actually like her. She had six episodes throughout the third season and had enough depth the use her as much as we want in the fanfic world.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
tandt14
Posted on 30 July 2007 - 05:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites

I agree. Nikki was great! She should have been a recurring character. Come on...they kept bringing Penny Parker back as annoying as she was!!! dry.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted on 30 July 2007 - 05:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather

I like Nikki too, and I try to use her in my fanfics as often as I can because I can develop her character a little more. As a female viewer of MacGyver, it's a joy to actually have a sharp, strong woman character instead of a weak, helpless, whining damsel in distress. I agree that she complements Mac well. It's a shame they don't have her as a recurring character far more often. I miss her. sad.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 30 July 2007 - 09:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

I would have liked more Nikki in the show. I liked the way she didn’t fawn all over MacGyver. She treated him as an equal. She seemed more real than Penny and I thought after the Widowmaker there should have been a lot more of MacGyver and Nikki together. She helped him through a rough time and that would have brought them closer together. I think they were great friends but I wouldn’t have liked the writers to have their relationship change too much. I quite liked their almost sibling like squabbles and if they were suddenly all lovey-dovey with each other that would have got lost.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted on 31 July 2007 - 09:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Well, I think MacGyver and Nikki's squabbling might have eased over time and slowly (like, over the course of a season or two) they could have started to fall in love. Then they would have a romantic element to build on in the show as well, and I would think that would draw in even more female viewers, like maybe fans of "Beauty and the Beast", for instance.

Of course, I wouldn't have cared, as long as MacGyver was still doing plenty of daring missions and crazy MacGyverisms throughout the show! biggrin.gif

PM                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted on 31 July 2007 - 09:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)

I liked Nikki. Elyssa Davalos and RDA had great timing and she was probably the best female actress on the show. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rocky @ 31 July 2007 - 09:54 AM)

huh.gif Knock it off, will ya?

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 31 July 2007 - 10:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Nikki should've at least showed up in the fourth season again. Nikki would've actually been the perfect love interest. She has guts, she can obviously defend herself and is not afraid of saying something when she doesn't like something. As long there are dangerous missions and MacGyverisms, what's the problem?
Even if she was in it doesn't mean she has to be in it every episode. A recurring character like Jack.
Blow Out was a great episode to learn about her past.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted on 31 July 2007 - 12:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad

Oh, I really wished they'd kept Nikki.

She was different from the other women in the series... rather than being a whiny damsel in distress, as MC so aptly put it, Nikki had a tendency to take charge and take the situation into her own hands... which was what often got her into trouble, ironically. She was a good example of what can happen when you don't ask for help when you need it.

Also, it was really fun to watch her and Mac bounce off each other. They could be arguing and insulting each other in one scene, and a few scenes later, would be working together.

This is why I've kept Nikki for my fanfics. Haven't done one with her yet, but will sometime.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 31 July 2007 - 01:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 31 July 2007 - 01:16 PM)

Alas, Nymphy... we share the sins of our gender! happy.gif

cool.jpg

MacGyverluver
Posted on 1 August 2007 - 05:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Episode:The Widomaker

I like the fact that Nikki was very fiery but, when she knew she was wrong, she could back off (after a while at least biggrin.gif ).

An old climber's saying: "It's not the fall that kills you it's the sudden stop."
Old Minnesota wisdom: "If you don't want to be touched, look downright untouchable."
"I remember that age when it was cool to be bad, dumb age."

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverluver
Posted on 3 August 2007 - 12:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Episode:The Widomaker

I say we should have a Nikki day. To celebrate a wonderful actress.

An old climber's saying: "It's not the fall that kills you it's the sudden stop."
Old Minnesota wisdom: "If you don't want to be touched, look downright untouchable."
"I remember that age when it was cool to be bad, dumb age."

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted on 3 August 2007 - 05:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 1 August 2007 - 10:00 AM)

cool.jpg

blink.gif OH NO! I'm not taking the rap for what some of the wenches do. ohno-smiley.gif Especially the ubber RDA nut jobs. *shakes head* Nun't uh!

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 4 August 2007 - 03:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverluver @ 3 August 2007 - 10:30 PM)
I say we should have a Nikki day. To celebrate a wonderful actress.

Well we've got Nikki's birthday around here somewhere.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
j12752
Posted on 4 August 2007 - 09:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

The Nikki character was brought in to sort of have the same thing that the other ABC show "Moonlighting" had with Willis and Shepherd. At the time, it was very popular, and many shows tried to copy it.

I didn't care for Nikki, I preferred Penny

Lothithil
Posted on 4 August 2007 - 09:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 3 August 2007 - 09:14 PM)
QUOTE (Lothithil @ 1 August 2007 - 10:00 AM)

cool.jpg

blink.gif OH NO! I'm not taking the rap for what some of the wenches do. ohno-smiley.gif Especially the ubber RDA nut jobs. *shakes head* Nun't uh!

Actually, I share your feelings, Nymphy. I didn't like Maria, but I would never have written the studio and insisted on her being tossed out because I didn't want to see MacGyver with some woman who wasn't me! rolleyes.gif

Penny was an idiot, but she was sweet, and didn't she say once that Mac was like a big brother to her?

Nikki had other interests in men and proved it by dating that guy in 'Early Retirement'... she was ambitious, and she was attracted to that kind of man.

So, Rock... don't blame all the women! Some of us have at least two brain-cells to rub together! cool.jpg

MacGyverGrrl
Posted on 4 August 2007 - 10:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity

I liked Nikki, alot. I think she was the perfect counterpoint to Mac and she would have been a good love interest. Maria was too over the top, and Penny a little too flighty, but Nikki had the strength, character and intelligence to stand up to MacGyver, especially when he gets into overprotective male mode.

Yeah, Nikki added a really interesting dynamic to the show.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverfan717
Posted on 5 August 2007 - 06:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:Blow out
House:  Loft

I think that Nikki was an awesome co-star. Even though her and Mac really diden't get along at first, she turned out to be really sweet. She is my favorite female character in the show! I really wish that she would have stayed in for the rest of the show! sad.gif

"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted on 5 August 2007 - 09:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Just a random thing to throw in here, but I recently noticed Elyssa Davalos in an earlier role- about 10 years earlier or so!
She appears in "The Mystery of King Tut's Tomb" in the 2nd. Season of "The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries" (you know, the 1970s show with Shaun Cassidy, Parker Stevenson and Pamela Sue Martin! biggrin.gif)
Just thought that was neat.

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 5 August 2007 - 10:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Shes also in the new Nancy Drew as the Twin Palms Manager.

You can see what else she was in on our bios page

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted on 6 August 2007 - 10:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

That's right!!! biggrin.gif
I remember noticing that when I went to see the 2007 Nancy Drew movie! That's cool- Elyssa Davalos has 2 connections to The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew now- in 2 separate productions. That's pretty cool. cool.jpg

PM                                                                     
stampsfan
Posted on 10 October 2007 - 09:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I really like Nikki and I would've loved to see her and Mac fall in love! They're both strong willed and how much over time have you seen strong willed characters argue at first (the sparks fly!) and then fall in love? Happens all the time!

jknnej
Posted on 26 January 2008 - 05:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I really liked Nikki as well, although I didn't see her as love interest as much as the brother and sister relationship.
There's only one sort of contrary image I have: when Mac meets her, she's this tough chick who can kick butt and has no time disarming men with guns.
So why suddenly does she turn into a sort of damsel in distress when she meets Murdoc? I mean, she climed down that balcony with a hose in a short mini after she met Mac, but when Mac was leading her through the woods with Murdoc chasing her, she certainly wasn't as saavy. Or, in the GX-1 episode, they made her look the same way as she tried to find MacGyver to give him that message. It just doesn't really add up to me. When he kicks her out of the balloon that is pricelessly funny, but again, she's kind of a sissy about it!
Forgive me for not remembering episode names. I have seen every single scene of every MacGyver but I am terrible with ep names. I will have to look through my DVD's and fix that!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lucky charley
Posted on 14 August 2008 - 12:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: swiss champ

Favorites
Episode:jennys chance
Jacket:  Leather Biker

headbutt.gif wasn't the same actor MacGyvers lost love? harhar.gif

Meddle with the dirt and some of it will stick to you.
Do it NOW! today will yesterday tomorrow.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 14 August 2008 - 01:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (jknnej @ 27 January 2008 - 01:11 PM)
I really liked Nikki as well, although I didn't see her as love interest as much as the brother and sister relationship.
There's only one sort of contrary image I have: when Mac meets her, she's this tough chick who can kick butt and has no time disarming men with guns.
So why suddenly does she turn into a sort of damsel in distress when she meets Murdoc? I mean, she climed down that balcony with a hose in a short mini after she met Mac, but when Mac was leading her through the woods with Murdoc chasing her, she certainly wasn't as saavy. Or, in the GX-1 episode, they made her look the same way as she tried to find MacGyver to give him that message. It just doesn't really add up to me. When he kicks her out of the balloon that is pricelessly funny, but again, she's kind of a sissy about it!

yeah. Your right. I'd never thought about that.. but your right.

They pulled that same stunt with the Murphy character too!

QUOTE (Lucky Charlie)
wasn't the same actor MacGyvers lost love?

yes she was. smile.gif

You can see a list of all the re-cast actors and the characters they played here.

Theres also a list of characters who where played by different actors here

smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted on 14 August 2008 - 01:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker

QUOTE (lucky charley @ 15 August 2008 - 08:54 AM)
headbutt.gif wasn't the same actor MacGyvers lost love? harhar.gif

Yes, Elyssa Davalos played Lisa Kohler in Season 3's opener Lost Love and then only a few episodes later she was cast as Nikki Carpenter.

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
dinoman
Posted on 29 October 2008 - 09:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Loft

I like Nikki, and she is one of the reasons why I chose Season 3 as my favourite.
If Mac has to choose a girlfriend she would be a perfect candidate, much, much better than Maria in 'The Wall'. When Starkoss told Mac that he would come to love her in 'GX-1' I think there would be further development on their relationship. Therefore I was quite dissappointed to see Nikki 'vanished' from the show after 'The Negotiator'.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll