Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Wow! That looks amazing. Paradise!

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
tvero
Posted: 30 September 2014 - 06:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow Out

I'm speechless.What a view. I'd love to go there.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 30 September 2014 - 09:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (denizen @ 29 September 2014 - 12:00 AM)
Hi Jedi!

Nope, still looking. wink.gif

Yea, thanks for that. I am still in two minds about it. Mostly because if it fails me, parts might be hard to source. And pricey too!

Looking at getting a Volkswagen again. Had a Polo Sedan. Maybe get another? At least the gas on that was good. Parts cheaper and quite reliable.

What kind of temp work do you do? (If I may ask) smile.gif

Moving?! Again?! Sheesh! Where to? biggrin.gif

Right now I'm doing office work... organizing (because I have serious OCD about things being in order), filing, coding tickets and data entry. My teller experience came in handy in that one. XD My apartment is currently a wreck right now though... normally it's spotless. dry.gif

If things continue to work out, I may be moving to Pennsylvania. I have other family there, and my Dad is hopefully moving there next year (it's his home state). It also helps that I actually have a friend in PA as well. But until I know for sure when and if my Dad is moving will depend on when and if I move. Right now, I'm just waiting to hear news from him.

*keeps fingers crossed* >_<

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 30 September 2014 - 10:27 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites

Crossing my fingers for you Jedi! smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 30 September 2014 - 06:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Adventurer

Favorites
Episode:Gold Rush, Invisible Killer

QUOTE (Fellow Traveler @ 26 September 2014 - 09:19 PM)
manufacturers have got different vans of various sizes to choose from, not just the typical American "A-Team"-style van. I never understood why people living in cities need SUVs or Jeeps of any kind. Sure, they argue that you can see much better from the elevated seating position, but come on: almost every other car is a SUV, so that advantage isn't really there any longer. Considering their economic specs of the real big ones (Porsche, BMW, VW, Audi - oops, all German....), these things are a disaster and I'm not even thinking about all the carbon dioxide they produce.

The US also has minivans. Those were all the popular choice before the trendy thing became SUVs. Why do they buy SUVs for the most part? Because everyone one else is and they have to copy. In short, because they are dumb and can't think for themself. smile.gif Actually the SUV thing is passing and on the way out, but stay turn for the next brainless trend. Yes, there's little point in owning one in the city. I've known people that never even used four wheel drive during the entire time they own one.

I have a minivan at the moment, I like being able to haul things, and keep what I'm hauling out of the weather. All of my dream cars would be custom built by me, there is no factory car I have the slightest interest in. My dream Jeep-type vehicle would be a 1967 Chevy pickup. I've been in love with that truck since forever, almost bought one once.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 30 September 2014 - 08:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Personally speaking, I have never had any know how of SUV's. Seen em and that's about it.

Not much of a car person. Although like the rest of ya' I do love a Jeep biggrin.gif

When the time came for me to look for another car, I just came across a couple of SUV's and thought, "Hey! Those look nice" biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 1 October 2014 - 03:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

They're nice if you do a little actual off road driving with them now and then. If you never so much as engage the four wheel drive and the tires never see a speck of dirt or mud.... well, makes as much sense as owning golf cleats when you don't play golf.

Also would like to note that yes, I do realize I often type in the wrong words in a sentence. I try to correct it, but often overlook what should be obvious. I've had this my entire life although have never thought to look into why until just recently. I believe that it may be some type of dyslexia, but don't know yet. Sorry for the mumbo jumbo wording sometimes, I'm not doing it intentionally, and I'm not just dumb, I swear. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 1 October 2014 - 08:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (Wheeljack @ 2 October 2014 - 11:47 AM)
They're nice if you do a little actual off road driving with them now and then. If you never so much as engage the four wheel drive and the tires never see a speck of dirt or mud.... well, makes as much sense as owning golf cleats when you don't play golf.

Also would like to note that yes, I do realize I often type in the wrong words in a sentence. I try to correct it, but often overlook what should be obvious. I've this my entire life although have never thought to look into why until just recently. I think it may be some type of dyslexia, but don't know yet. Sorry for the mumbo jumbo wording sometimes, I'm not doing it intentionally and I'm not just dumb, I swear. smile.gif

What are you on about? Your wording is just fine.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 2 October 2014 - 08:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Don't make me look at my past post for examples, please no. lol My wording is sometimes mixed up, or sometimes words will be substituted with similar sounding words. The only reason you don't see it in every darn post I make is because I carefully check before I click the button. But I still miss stuff. I need a personal proof reader. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 2 October 2014 - 08:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

This is no spelling B, Wheelie. Feel free to chat how ever comfortable you feel, mate. We are all friends here. biggrin.gif

And for the record, checking or not, I think you write very well!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Duckt tape
Posted: 2 October 2014 - 02:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Jacket:  ---

Oh please Wheeljack if you want to see bad spelling just look at any of my writings biggrin.gif I won't even know when I'm making mistakes. But this isn't an English exam just chatting with nice people. and there are lots of people from different countries with different linguistic backgrounds so no one is going to point a finger if someone makes some SPaG errors. So don't worry smile.gif

speaking of which. I'm having a major language problem here. Named Swedish. If I ever want to graduate I should complete an academic Swedish course so that I would be able to talk about linguistics in Swedish. yeah right. I'm not even able to talk about linguistics in Finnish and all I can say in Swedish at the moment is a train announcement. I haven't used Swedish in what 5 years and I've forgotten almost all of it. Heck I know more Spanish at the moment. I think I might even know more Chinese than I know Swedish at the moment. And I have approximately 6 months time to relearn it. Without a teacher or anyone with whom I'd be able to practice it. dry.gif
So I was thinking that as using the language is the best way of learning the language I could try to translate my fanfcis in Swedish or maybe write new more simple fics in Swedish. Does anyone have any idea about do they use dubbing or subtitles in Swedish television? Or where I could find it out? 'Cos if they use subtitles like they do here then there's no much point in translating the fics.. or I can translate them just for practice but there's no point in publishing them.

PM                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 2 October 2014 - 07:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Well thanks guys. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif I guess I'm more conscientious now after learning about other factors going on. I started researching why I get left and right confused all the time, which turned into uncovering info about a lot of other quirks I was aware of, but never realized were interconnected. Examples of the other issues, I have to write down almost everything people tell me or I will forget it, I mean like seconds after they've said it. For that matter I have to write notes to myself all the time. I have extreme difficulty with numbers, like today it took me three tries to dial a phone number even though I'm looking right at it on a screen. I get all the numbers mixed up. I have memory problems in general and it's lead to some embarrassing moments, like being on a date and suddenly forgetting where we're driving, or the topic of the conversation just vanishing from my mind in mid sentence, leaving me sitting there silent, searching for what we were just talking about. I try to be upfront about it so they don't just think I'm bonkers when it happens, some have been understanding, others not. I'm going to have testing done and see if my condition has a name, although I'm already reasonably sure there is no treatment or cure. It's not an intelligence thing, I can carry high level conversations with very smart people, it's something else entirely. Nevertheless, I was pretty bummed out for several days after researching it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 2 October 2014 - 09:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Sounds to me like you are under some stress, have a lot on your mind, and self conscious over what people think of you.

We all forget things at times. Just the other day I attempted to make a cup of tea by filling the mug with soda instead of boiling water?!

Then I found my socks in the fridge?! (Still don't think that was me though)

My point is when you have a million things on your mind, you do the weirdest stuff or go completely blank.

As for being self conscious, one thing MacGyver taught us was to be ourselves. And in this community that is all we ask. We like you just the way you are Mate! biggrin.gif

You don't have to impress us!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted: 3 October 2014 - 01:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Ugly Duckling
House:  Loft

If planning to choose car, this is kind of cool site to compare different cars, models and specs from any year wink.gif

http://www.carsdirect.com/compare/compare-tool

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Duckt tape
Posted: 3 October 2014 - 01:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

lol denizen I'm so happy to hear someone else has these days also biggrin.gif

you'd think making coffee for example is quite an easy task. Well I could write a book about how many ways I've make it wrong biggrin.gif Forget to add the water, forget to add the ground coffee, forget to turn the coffeemaker on, forget to put a plug in, forget to put the pan back and found all the coffee from the floor, add milk instead of water, add cocoa instead of coffee, add orange juice to your coffee when you think it's milk, add milk to your coke when you think it's coffee, take ground coffee to laundry room when you think it's laundry detergent, put a washed coffee pan to fridge and food to the dish draining closet.... It's actually quite funny when you can never tell what you're going to find from where. Keeps life interesting laugh.gif

Wheeljack don't worry about being a bit distracted sometimes. We all are and it's nothing serious smile.gif

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 3 October 2014 - 02:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (MiracleMac @ 3 October 2014 - 09:32 PM)
If planning to choose car, this is kind of cool site to compare different cars, models and specs from any year wink.gif

http://www.carsdirect.com/compare/compare-tool

Thanks for the link, Miraclemac!

biggrin.gif Yup! Duckt tape. I know it all too well!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MDBfan
Posted: 3 October 2014 - 03:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Strictly Business

QUOTE (Duckt tape @ 3 October 2014 - 09:52 PM)
take ground coffee to laundry room when you  think it's laundry detergent

Ouch! How did the clothes turn out? Let's hope you discovered the mix-up before you put on the washing machine! w00t.gif

About the language: Here in Norway TV shows have subtitles. My guess is that Swedish TV has subtitles as well. You can ask Mol member Kangelane.
Swedish differs a lot from Finnsih. However, if you know how to speak Chinese it shouldn't be too hard to learn. laugh.gif

@Wheeljack: It's like the others say, we all get confused sometimes. Getting left and right mixed up is perfectly normal. I like to go line dancing and even the instructors make left/right mistakes. It happens all the time.
I, for example, have some trouble to orientate. When I go to new places, I have to pay extra attention to the surroundings or else I get lost. I come from a smallish town so you can imagine what it was like when I moved to the city to study.
I thought I would never be able to go outside without a streetmap. Worrying makes everything worse. smile.gif

Lol! I just realized I spelled Finnish as Finnsih

This post has been edited by MDBfan on 3 October 2014 - 04:04 AM

"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

PM                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 3 October 2014 - 07:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

I appreciate all the nice words. It's a little more than simply stress, though. I can handle stress better than most folks (and have sense enough to walk away when it's too much), and I don't worry much about what others think of me, so it isn't that either. I am just myself at all times, I don't even know how not to be, being fake or pretending to put on charm and phony smiles isn't something I can do.

Usually I don't get mixed up with cooking or projects I'm working on. I have put a box of cereal in the fridge once, but that's about as crazy as it's gotten. I am under more stress lately, that much is true. I left my house back in the spring and have been staying with others for temporary until I can buy my own place (hopefully SOON!!!) and it's not easy for me to be in hectic environments, the noise and being around others constantly after being use to living alone.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 3 October 2014 - 11:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
House:  ---

My first job in high school was as a chauffer. The wife of the old gent I was driving had progressive dementia .... probably Alzheimer's as we know it today.

Anyway, the old fellow asked me to find his golf balls one day as they were missing from his bag. We looked all over for them to no avail, finely the maid found in the fridge. There they were, a dozen of them filling the oval cavities where the eggs would normally rest. sad.gif hard boiled or what!? ohmy.gif hmm.bmp biggrin.gif

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 4 October 2014 - 08:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Shame! Thats terrible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
tvero
Posted: 4 October 2014 - 09:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Very strange story Joe!!!
Sorry to disappoint you but I have nothing to say about fridges ( smile.gif ) or absent-mindedness connected with fridges (nothing odd found there as far as I remember).
As for my English ,if you understand my messages it's great ,French people aren't reputed for their language skills.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacFan092985
Posted: 7 October 2014 - 06:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode: . . . Holy Rose

I'm very disappointed with actor Stephen Collins and his disgusting behavior. I was a fan of the early 80s adventure show "Tales of the Gold Monkey". I have a few 8"x10"s and a wood sculpted Grumman Goose airplane painted like the one he flew on the show, Cutter's Goose, but after learning of his lewd acts I'm going to be throwing away all of it. There are certain aspects of any actor's life that I don't agree with, but I'm able to look past it and still enjoy their body of work. However, when it comes to what Stephen has admitted doing there is no way I can look past it. mad.gif

"Jeep. My Jeep? What are you talking about? Penny! My Jeep?" - MacGyver

"Look at me. I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up. I need a month's worth of sleep . . . and I need a haircut!" - MacGyver

"It's been said, 'The best gift a man could ever give another, was his life', Jack Dalton was never one to settle for less than the best. Thank you Jack." - MacGyver

"Reboots are born out of the lack of imagination." M. Lance Frank

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 7 October 2014 - 08:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Well there is nothing set in stone. We will have to see how this investigation unfolds.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Duckt tape
Posted: 8 October 2014 - 03:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

What did he do? Or said he'd done?

PM                                                                     
tvero
Posted: 8 October 2014 - 03:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

We often have an idealized vision of actors because of the parts they play. Sometimes they are very different in reality,and when the truth comes out...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 8 October 2014 - 04:03 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (Duckt tape @ 8 October 2014 - 11:05 PM)
What did he do? Or said he'd done?

Stephen Collins (Actor who starred as the Father in 7th Heaven) has been accused of child molestation. On Tuesday, a tape emerged which according to TMZ, which obtained it, the recording featured Collins, in a therapy session during which he admitted to having molested at least three children.

Of course we cannot to rush to any conclusions. We don't know the whole story yet. There might be more to this.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacFan092985
Posted: 8 October 2014 - 05:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode: . . . Holy Rose

I hope there is. I've decided to hang on to my "Tales of the Gold Monkey" stuff until all is sorted out. I've heard and read things today involving his ex-wife and their divorce, so you just never know. Stephen has been silent on the matter, which I'm sure is at the advice of his lawyer.

"Jeep. My Jeep? What are you talking about? Penny! My Jeep?" - MacGyver

"Look at me. I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up. I need a month's worth of sleep . . . and I need a haircut!" - MacGyver

"It's been said, 'The best gift a man could ever give another, was his life', Jack Dalton was never one to settle for less than the best. Thank you Jack." - MacGyver

"Reboots are born out of the lack of imagination." M. Lance Frank

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 8 October 2014 - 06:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (tvero @ 4 October 2014 - 01:10 PM)
Very strange story Joe!!!
Sorry to disappoint you but I have nothing to say about fridges ( smile.gif ) or absent-mindedness connected with fridges (nothing odd found there as far as I remember).
As for my English ,if you understand my messages it's great ,French people aren't reputed for their language skills.

Actually, I thought English was your first language. Did you learn it (English) at home or at school?

As for memory, remember the Fawlty Towers episode where Basil gets so stressed out that he momentarily forgets his own name? ohmy.gif It can happen! So, I think that keeping on an even keel is important and also a good diet with lots of fruits, veggies and water. After all the brain is 70% water and it needs to be running and all cylinders or it will lose sharpness in certain areas.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Duckt tape
Posted: 9 October 2014 - 02:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Joe SAKic @ 9 October 2014 - 05:40 AM)
As for memory, remember the Fawlty Towers episode where Basil gets so stressed out that he momentarily forgets his own name? ohmy.gif It can happen!

Actually that has also happened to both me and my mother. biggrin.gif Or not exactly, we do remember our names but.. well in my case I was thinking about my brother when phone rang so when I answered the phone I started saying my brother's name instead of my own. Good thing that our name starts with the same syllable so the person who called never noticed that I changed the name in middle sentence he just thought I was stammering biggrin.gif
And in my mother case well she was very nervous and calling someone so when she introduced herself she accidentally said the name of the person who she was calling to instead of her own biggrin.gif

On Tuesday, a tape emerged which according to TMZ, which obtained it, the recording featured Collins, in a therapy session during which he admitted to having molested at least three children.

How did that happen? Isn't therapy sessions supposed to be confidential? How'd they got the tape?

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 9 October 2014 - 05:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The tape surfaced because he acquired it for his estranged wife.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (28) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll