Please Note      

You can only post replies to topics already posted in this forum. You can not start new topics. If you would like to discuss a character which doesn't already have their own topic please start the new topic in the Houseboat forum and we will move it to this forum for you.

Jack Dalton
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

How did you rate this character?
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 2 ]  [2.47%]
user posted image [ 3 ]  [3.70%]
user posted image [ 11 ]  [13.58%]
user posted image [ 65 ]  [80.25%]
Total Votes: 81
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 2 November 2007 - 01:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 30 October 2007 - 04:04 PM)
His voice was in Widowmaker... does that count?

My first reaction is no.

But then they would have credited him for doing the voice work I guess.. so..um... I guess...maybe... *shrugs*

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted on 2 November 2007 - 05:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory

what do you think is the best gag/prank Jack played on MacGyver?

Definitely hands down it'd have to be emptying all the stuff from his apartment in "Jack of Lies" just to get his attention! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

And Murdoc was the one who did it the second time in "Halloween Knights" (and of course, MacGyver immediately suspected Jack Dalton.)
Though if anyone would have done this prank more than once to MacGyver, I could certainly believe Jack might have pulled it off!

Though the gag in the "Friends" episode was pretty good too- as well as building a plane in Mac's apartment in "The Odd Triple"- hard to top that one! laugh.gif

But let's see- all the Jack Dalton episodes (without looking)
2nd. Season
"Jack of Lies"
"Dalton, Jack of Spies"
"Partners"
"Friends"

3rd. Season
"Lost Love" (Part 1)
"Lost Love" (Part 2)
"Jack in the Box"
"The Widowmaker" (if you count Jack's voice on Mac's answering machine and his picture in MacGyver's houseboat)
"The Odd Triple"
"Mask of the Wolf"
"Rock the Cradle"

4th. Season
"On a Wing and a Prayer"
"Ma Dalton"
"Brainwashed"
"Unfinished Business"

5th. Season
"Halloween Knights" (though we don't see Jack Dalton, he's at least referenced because Murdoc has stolen his pilot's cap and pin to lure MacGyver)
"Serenity" (in MacGyver's Western dream)
"Jenny's Chance"

6th. Season
"Hind-Sight" (in flashbacks)

7th. Season
"The Mountain of Youth"

PM                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted on 3 November 2007 - 07:37 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat

Well, IMBd does credit him on Widowmaker's voice work, but not Hollywood Knights. So, MacGyver wins the Gold Star! dancemachine.gif

Looks like MacGyver was his longest gig as far as television appearances go.

And I agree with the emptying of the apartment... It's what stands out when I think of Jack.

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted on 9 November 2007 - 10:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
House:  Observatory

So, MacGyver wins the Gold Star!

Yeah!!! LOL- thank you, thank you! tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Well, IMBd does credit him on Widowmaker's voice work, but not Hollywood Knights.

"Hollywood Knights"? Hmm, haven't heard of that one. Maybe they should do that for a reunion movie though. Yeah, I can see it now- "MacGyver Goes to the Movies"!!! (Come on- RDA on the big screen in his internationally best known role ever (and best role!)- Angus MacGyver!!!) smile.gif

PM                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted on 10 November 2007 - 06:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad

QUOTE (MacGyver @ 10 November 2007 - 02:44 AM)
"Hollywood Knights"? Hmm, haven't heard of that one. Maybe they should do that for a reunion movie though. Yeah, I can see it now- "MacGyver Goes to the Movies"!!! (Come on- RDA on the big screen in his internationally best known role ever (and best role!)- Angus MacGyver!!!) smile.gif

Oops... Halloween Knights! What was I thinking...?

I guess in flashback scenes they get paid.

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
Amy
Posted on 11 November 2007 - 04:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity

QUOTE (Mac @ 24 May 2007 - 12:17 PM)
He brings out this side of Mac that few other people do; a petty, meanish, sarcastic, exasperated side that really fills out Mac's character.

Jack is more complex than he's often given credit for, capable of real emotion and noble sacrifice, all couched in his apparent self-centredness. His exuberance, enthusiasm, and zest for life lend themselves well to Jack's unique brand of humour. He's a comic, but rarely a clown.

I think you really hit the nail on the head here! Not a whole lot I can add to what's already been said, but Jack is my favorite character outside of MacGyver. I love every episode with Jack in it!

unsure.gif Does anyone else here Mac and Jack conversations in their head? lol...sometimes it's tipped off by the strangest things, but then suddenly something will remind me of those two and they're bantering in my head... laugh.gif

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Berni
Posted on 11 November 2007 - 05:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:can't decide

unsure.gif Does anyone else here Mac and Jack conversations in their head? lol...sometimes it's tipped off by the strangest things, but then suddenly something will remind me of those two and they're bantering in my head... laugh.gif

Not necessarily Mac and Jack conversations, but yeah, sometimes I can really hear Mac in my head happy.gif
Something happens or people say something and my brain goes like "Didn't Mac say something like that once?" or "What would Mac say?" or "Hm, what was that trick Jack played on Mac?"

And then I imagine meeting Mac and make up my own Mac and Berni conversations
tongue.gif That's great fun too.

I'm a pretty normal person though, I've just got a lot of imagination and I love daydreaming biggrin.gif tongue.gif

And I agree with the emptying of the apartment... It's what stands out when I think of Jack.

I think so too. Including the scene in the hangar where he pretends to fall down and Mac wants to catch him roller.gif clapping.gif
Sooo mean. Imagine your best friend falling down and thinking he is going to die. What a shock! ohno-smiley.gif

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted on 11 November 2007 - 07:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather

I love how they developed Jack further to reveal other sides to him than just the comic relief. He has the potential to be a two-dimensional character in the wrong writer's hands, but in episodes like Ma Dalton, you get to see more of his emotional depth. He may seem like an unethical schemer sometimes, but he has a sense of integrity and nobility about him as well, though it may not be as obvious. wink.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jknnej
Posted on 4 February 2008 - 03:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

LOVE Jack and part of it is how great of an actor Bruce McGill is. He's still in movies and TV everywhere. Talented guy.
My favorite quote was when he and MacGyver were mining for that crooked sheriff and MacGyver put dynamite inside the suitcase with five million bucks.
He screams, "No, no not the money, not the money!!!"
It blows up, Jack stares, "Five Million bucks..."
Mac says something along the lines of , "Forget it, Jack. It's only money..." The look on Dalton's face is priceless as he ponders that....
LOVE him.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Issus
Posted on 20 March 2008 - 04:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:The escape
House:  Apartment

Jack Dalton. Funny thing, my second name is Dalton too, although I'm not Jack. I think that his best episodes are, Partners, Dalton, Jack of lies adn Dalton, Jack of spies. I like the last one a lot:

"I've decided to lay low for a while"
"Don't you think that six feet under ground is lying low a bit too much?"

He does know how to have fun, but that eye of his is a real problem. Remember when he tryed to impress Peny Parker in the second season?

"Truth hurts, doesn't jack?"
"Especially when your not used to it"

In my oppinion, Graham Bell has a lot to answer for. It gets harder and harder to escape from the world, the news and worst of all, people.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted on 6 June 2008 - 06:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker

Favorite 5 Jack Dalton episodes

Season 2: Jack of Lies (where we meet him)

and Friends (Jack in disguise, and in top form roller.gif )

Season 3: Lost Love (Jack helps Mac: "What the hell, nobody lives forever") biggrin.gif

Season 4: Brainwashed (Jack's mind is being messed with) harhar.gif

Season 5: Unfinished Business (Deborah- yeeesh) surprise.gif

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
ScreamingBansheila
Posted on 7 June 2008 - 06:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Sadly, none :-(

Favorites
Episode:All of 'em!

I can only put this one way.

Jack. Dalton. Is. The. Best. (Next to Mac MacG.gif wub.gif biggrin.gif )

I love all the episodes with Jack in them. The relationship between him and Mac is so sweet and brotherly, yet at the same time, they also have arguments and fights... it made the whole Mac Jack relationship believeable.

I'd say when he stole Mac's furniture, then when he jumped off the ceiling support.

I also like when he fakes his death, that entire scene is so funny. Last time I watched that episode, I nearly fell off my bed laughing roller.gif . The look on Mac's face when 'dead' Jack Dalton's eye starts twitching, then when Mac slammed the coffin lid shut and said "I hate seeing him when he looks like this." to the drunks in the back. roller.gif Hilairous!

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" - Steven Wright.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted on 8 June 2008 - 12:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Hey ScreamingBansheila, the line from Steven Wright about the toast and the cat made me laugh roller.gif roller.gif That is a riot!! I also love the scene with Mac's furniture getting taken: priceless, almost as funny as the cat with the toast on its back getting dropped. Not that I would actually do it though, even though my daughter's cat might deserve it by the end of the night.

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
ScreamingBansheila
Posted on 8 June 2008 - 06:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Sadly, none :-(

Favorites
Episode:All of 'em!

Hi Liz1976!

Hey ScreamingBansheila, the line from Steven Wright about the toast and the cat made me laugh

Yeah, when I first saw the quote, it made me laugh too. I have a cat, and even thought I love him to death wub.gif , he can still be a major pain in the... neck. dry.gif happy.gif.

I also love the scene with Mac's furniture getting taken.

Yeah, I still can only say that this scene is one of the best pranks that Jack has played on Mac. The look on his face is priceless! And the note Jack leaves...

"Dear Mac,
If you ever want to see your fridge alive, meet me at the west end of the airport, hangar 13.
Come alone or the fridge fries."
Absolutely Priceless! roller.gif

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" - Steven Wright.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Issus
Posted on 25 July 2008 - 02:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:The escape
House:  Apartment

what was the books name? "kidnapped" wasn't it? A thief with a sense of humor roller.gif

In my oppinion, Graham Bell has a lot to answer for. It gets harder and harder to escape from the world, the news and worst of all, people.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lucky charley
  Posted on 14 August 2008 - 12:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: swiss champ

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:jennys chance

DIDD'NT Jack have a son but you only ever see him once hmm.bmp sak.gif

Meddle with the dirt and some of it will stick to you.
Do it NOW! today will yesterday tomorrow.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted on 14 August 2008 - 01:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (lucky charley @ 15 August 2008 - 08:38 AM)
DIDD'NT Jack have a son but you only ever see him once hmm.bmp sak.gif

No, Jack Jr wasn't his but a man named Carlos. Episode Rock the Cradle.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
John Litteral
Posted on 4 December 2008 - 09:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Victorianox

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:changes often

Who could not love Jack! I think we all have a Jack Dalton somewhere in our lives.

He who is self taught is better off; yet on the otherhand, he does well when he listens to those who speak rightly. Aristotle Ethics

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Murdoc12
Posted on 10 March 2009 - 09:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Super Champ

Favorites
Episode:The Assassin & Partners
Vehicle: Motorcycle

Jack is defineitely one of the best characters in MacGyver biggrin.gif He is awesome, especially the way he bugs MacGyver into helping him. I love in "Partners" when his car gets blown up and he gets mad, that is so funny... w00t.gif JACK IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! MacG.gif

"In this game almost does not count."~Murdoc

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted on 1 April 2009 - 07:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Jess @ 2 November 2007 - 08:43 PM)
No, can't say i know all the episodes Jack appeared in off the top of my head. but then i've yet to finish season 7 on DVD.

I love the way Jack rubbed MacGyver the wrong way with his practical gags and jokes. The look on Mac's face was always priceless when he realized it was Jack who was responsible.

i would say when he removed everything out of MacGyvers place and lead him to a werehouse, where he riged the door and faked himself falling off the raffters. too funny.

RamonCota
Posted on 5 April 2009 - 05:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

i love that man hes freakin funny man! always saying some funny stuff! dude has a great sense of humor.

Jack Dalton: Care to Dance, MacGyver?
MacGyver: No, Thanks.

^^thats all i can remember lol

hahahahaha laugh.gif laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
Posted on 6 April 2009 - 07:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I would love to have a friend like Jack. Someone who could make me laugh, and make me mad. But best of all be there when I needed him most. sak.gif

PM                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted on 6 April 2009 - 10:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Love to have a friend like him so i can be pulled into all theses strange places.

SMeeceymouse
Posted on 7 April 2009 - 12:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 28 October 2007 - 01:51 PM)
once in Jack of lies.. when was the other time?

The other time was Halloween Knights, but I really think that was Murdoc.

PM                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted on 9 April 2009 - 04:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

we only heard his voice, his flying pin and his hat. would of been nice to see him in that one.

Miasma
Posted on 1 May 2009 - 08:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Jack is great. Overall, I like him better than Mac.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 1 May 2009 - 02:36 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Miasma @ 2 May 2009 - 04:22 AM)
Jack is great.  Overall, I like him better than Mac.

This is Jack Dalton (MacGyver's friend) we're talking about here, not Jack O'Neill right?

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
macsgirl1
  Posted on 3 May 2009 - 05:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I really liked Jack. laugh.gif He really brought out the devil in Mac, but can youblame Mac for getting a little testy with him. biggrin.gif Jack shook things up. roller.gif

PM                                                                     
Miasma
Posted on 4 May 2009 - 11:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 2 May 2009 - 10:36 AM)
QUOTE (Miasma @ 2 May 2009 - 04:22 AM)
Jack is great.  Overall, I like him better than Mac.

This is Jack Dalton (MacGyver's friend) we're talking about here, not Jack O'Neill right?

EX-ZACTLY!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
macsgirl1
  Posted on 9 May 2009 - 12:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Maybe Jack is Mac's other half (personality wise)

PM                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll