Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

to MacGyver fans that would like to see the Mac movies released separately from the crap job boxed set.

I was lurking in rdanderson.com and came across this:

Those people who bought MacGyver dvds season by season instead of purchasing the box set missed out on two movies which were only released in the box. Many of us are frustrated that we paid more and supported this release only to miss out on the chance to have the movies. I rang Paramount today, and they tell me they have a release list as far as June, and the two movies are not on it. However, Paramount have a dedicated line for people who want to call and ask for dvd releases and they are keeping note of how many people call to ask for these to be released. They are happy for you to call them and request that the movies be released - that's what the phone line is for. They will ask for your name, but no other details - although you may like to tell them if you are phoning from abroad - and they are very friendly. Paramount have meetings where they discuss future releases and the number of requests they receive is one way they judge what the demand is. So please call!

If you would like to see the two MacGyver movies released on dvd:

1. Call Paramount on 323 956 5000 (if you are calling from outside the US, use 001 323 956 5000).
2. Ask for "Home Entertainment".
3. Ask politely for Paramount to release the two MacGyver movies for people who don't have the boxset.
4. You can also point out that you'd love them to release Richard Dean Anderson and John DeLancie's series "Legend".

I know its not much and its a huge longshot, but its better than what we've gotten from them in the past.

I'm going to make the call, on behalf of all Mac fans everywhere, especially those of us who paid full price for all 7 seasons and then discovered them on sale at Wlamart for $20. (Grrr....but not patient enough to wait for all to go on sale at this price and besides, Mac's worth it.)

So, maybe if enough of us call we might actually see some movement. Its worth a shot. hmm.bmp

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 January 2008 - 07:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

hmm.bmp Interesting and a longshot. But I think it's worth the shot. It's better than nothing.

I do wonder since when they got that line.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 5 January 2008 - 07:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

Don't know and I can't vouch for its validity. I haven't tried calling yet but I will posst when I do.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Victoria_Rose
Posted: 5 January 2008 - 11:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

Grrl, what is your ID over there?

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 5 January 2008 - 06:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

I don't have one. I occasionally drop in, lurk in the background, drool over photos and then leave as stealthily as I entered. I don't have enough time to keep up with the two forums I belong to as it is. After comparing the two forums, I was having more fun here and so this is the one I joined.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted: 7 January 2008 - 03:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
House:  Observatory

Wow! Okay, well, I tried the number and it does work. Amazingly, I got right to someone at Paramount and didn't even have to wait and listen to elevator music.
I told them that I was a big fan of MacGyver and that it's basically the best show Paramount's ever put out. biggrin.gif And I also told them I was very happy to see the show on DVD. I asked them about the complete box set and what exactly the whole "Some episodes may be edited" warning pertained to. And I also asked about the possibility of getting the TV-movies released separately, as many people are pretty upset at having already bought Seasons 1-7 and then having the complete series box set sprung on them with the TV-movies- and of course, you hate to have to spend the extra money to get the new complete series set when you've already faithfully bought Seasons 1-7 as they were released.
I basically got the same response from the person there- just that they didn't have any information on it at this time. The powers that be haven't decided anything to do on the MacGyver series just yet, apparently.
I even went ahead and asked if it'd be possible for the TV-Movies to get released separately and perhaps to have some extras released alongside it- which could be basically anything like- bloopers, deleted scenes, documentaries, etc. I asked specifically about a feature focusing on the science of the MacGyverisms and maybe even seeing if Richard Dean Anderson would be interested in participating in such an endeavor.
Of course, I don't know if any of this will ever seriously happen- but at least they said that they would forward my comments on, so- who knows?
And one other positive thing the person said is that they've been getting a lot of calls about the whole MacGyver TV-movies on DVD issue, so that's good. At least that hopefully means that Paramount is taking notice and will do something about it soon. We'll see.
Anyway- it might be worth it to try calling the number and put in your own feedback about the MacGyver DVD release and TV-movie situation. It can't hurt.
sak.gif duct.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 7 January 2008 - 03:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

it's good to hear that they've been getting a lot of calls about it.

If they get plenty of phone calls it will become an issue they have to deal with, so yeah, Bus Driver! Call that number!! laugh.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
macphoen
Posted: 14 January 2008 - 07:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

MacGyverGrrl, thanks for posting the phone number for Paramount. I'll see if I can squeeze in a call today.

It might be a good idea to forward the information you provided for us and contact Gord Lacey or David Lambert over on TVShowsOnDVD.com. That way it could reach a much wider audience of casual and diehard fans who may have been waiting to see the TV movies released separately.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
macphoen
Posted: 14 January 2008 - 08:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Well, I called and got the "elevator music". Had to wait a good amount of time before someone answered, but I got through. The woman I talked to seem tired and forwarded me to their answering machine after I asked if they had any plans to release the TV movies, so I left a message about releasing the two MacGyver television movies separately and Legend. I also added that if they release these, supplemental bonus material would be most welcome (especially on "MacGyver", I said I would love to see the participation of Richard Dean Anderson and executive producers Henry Winkler, John Rich, and Stephen Downing). I wanted to add that other studios have released their follow-up movies separately (notable examples that would've been given were the "Alien Nation" reunion movies, the two "Pretender" TV moves from Fox, and Warner's "Dukes of Hazzard" which supposedly is in the works), in fact I had a whole conversation in my head that I wanted to convey, but decided to cut it down in order to not take too much time when I left my forwarding message. So for those who haven't got a chance to call yet, you may want to stress that other companies have released their respected TV movies separate, and "MacGyver", which is more popular and has a larger fan base (and also a best-seller for CBS/Paramount), there IS a market for these two RDA properties.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted: 14 January 2008 - 02:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:

notable examples that would've been given were the "Alien Nation" reunion movies, the two "Pretender" TV moves from Fox, and Warner's "Dukes of Hazzard" which supposedly is the works),

M*A*S*H also did an admirable job with a similar situation.
I hope Paramount really will take notice and release the TV-movies separately soon- along with some bonus materials.

PM                                                                     
Posted: 6 February 2008 - 01:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:

Yikes, have just called Paramount and asked for them to release the movies!
I got straight through too, good job cause I'm in the UK! We've only got season's 1 to 4 available over here so far - am gutted! sad.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 6 February 2008 - 02:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (AbyC @ 7 February 2008 - 10:23 AM)
I'm in the UK! We've only got season's 1 to 4 available over here so far - am gutted! sad.gif

hi AByC, you know the US (zone 1) versions will play on most modern DVD players?

so you can purchase the last 3 sets as US versions from our store, for example, and you'll still be able to watch them in the UK.

I live in New Zealand (zone 2) which also still only has season 4, but I purchased all the seasons online as soon as they came out.

If your DVD isn't already multi-zoned, it's just a matter of searching for the code for your particular model in Google.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 7 February 2008 - 05:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

Well AByC according to the release list of the Free Record Shop in Belgium season 5 will be due on the third of April this year and the sixth on June the 12th, I think. I'm sure it's around those dates so I assume these two season will be released in the UK as well around those periods of time. Than again the chance exists that the dates might change.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
bigmedicine
Posted: 30 May 2008 - 07:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

whistle.gif Just joined this forum and must say I am empressed.

Few months ago while visiting this forum I came across the Contact Paramount telephone number and dediced to pass it along to the RDA.com site. I drop in time to time to see how many vistis and responces.

I have called myself and I hope others have called as well. I must confess, I am hoping CBS Parmount will release "Legend" on DVD.

Thanks for all who have call and those who may soon and to the person who found the contact number, wink.gif

Lothithil
Posted: 30 May 2008 - 08:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Episode:Serenity

QUOTE (bigmedicine @ 30 May 2008 - 10:19 AM)
I am hoping CBS Parmount will release "Legend" on DVD. 

YES!! PLEASE! biggrin.gif

Welcome to MOL, bigmedicine! Glad to have you aboard! smile.gif

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 30 May 2008 - 02:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

welcome to the club bigmedicine.

I'd like to see Legend released on DVD as well. From what I saw of it.. it's a highly entertaining show smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
bigmedicine
Posted: 23 June 2008 - 12:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

hmm.bmp

Has anyone heard any information that CBS Paramount is listening to the fan base for RDA? I have not really forgiven Parmount (cancelling Legend in 1995) and CBS (cancelling Gunsmoke in 1975) so I was wondering if anyone had any GOOD news conerning hopefull releases of MacGyver movies and Legend. Bye the way, I may be old (58 years) but the memory is still good!

As always, curious and *oink*ed.

Posted: 1 July 2008 - 04:37 AM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

So...you're saying that the boxed set is heavily edited? That's why you would consider it crap? I've often thought of getting the MacGyver series and thought a boxed set would be best but now maybe not.

It's always annoying to find a series has been edited like that. I mean, people buy the DVDs to get a more complete series, with extras and deleted scenes not less.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 1 July 2008 - 01:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Margroks @ 2 July 2008 - 01:12 AM)
So...you're saying that the boxed set is heavily edited?  That's why you would consider it crap?  I've often thought of getting the MacGyver series and thought a boxed set would be best but now maybe not.

No it's not edited, but no real care has been taken with it.

Here's some pictures of what it looks like

the disks are basically all thrown in the box together, with no individual protection.

They've used a combination of old and new disk sets, so there two different kinds of labels mixed up together.

It's just generally a really bad effort on Paramounts part and really gives the impression that they only did it to get rid of the old stock of disks they had sitting in the store room.

blowup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
macphoen
Posted: 8 March 2010 - 10:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll