Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Shriner-Issued

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:For Love Or Money
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory

QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 25 December 2020 - 03:25 AM)
There were a lot of episodes which had no "tie in" to other episodes or the series. They were just MacGyver out doing stuff  or helping a friend - no Pete or Phoenix involved at all, so stand alone adventures are in themselves a tie in to the series.

For me the biggest thing is to get the character's "voice" right. They way he speaks, they way he acts. That's what will make or break the written connection to the show.

Finally got around to finishing this, and I have to say minus the mental ret-conning needed for placing a mid-40s RDA MacGyver in modern times, this was a very easy and enjoyable read.

Regarding the bolded, I think they managed to mostly nail that aspect of things. Making the connection in my mind from what I was reading to this being just another adventure for RDA's MacGyver was not hard. Tonally they did a very good job, and at no point did I really feel like this was something from out of the MacGyver realm.

I would definitely read another installment. sak.gif MacG.gif matchs.JPG

"I'm simply filling the empty moments."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll