Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

user posted image

16 - Every Time She Smiles

Airdate: 19 Feb 1986
Writer: James Schmerer
Director: Charles Correll
Guest Cast: Teri Hatcher as Penny Parker , Kai Wulff as Stephan Frolov , Michael Fox as Burak
Milos Kirek as Petrovich.

MacGyver travels to Bulgaria to retrieve a microfilm. But his plans for a quick departure are thwarted by an American women who involves MacGyver in her lovers quarrel with Bulgarian security officer.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 8 November 2006 - 09:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Votes from 26 March 2006
Poor [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Average [ 1 ] [9.09%]
OK [ 3 ] [27.27%]
Good [ 6 ] [54.55%]
Excellent [ 1 ] [9.09%]
Total Votes: 11

Archived comments

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ Dec 6 2004, 01:45 AM )
I voted for OK. This episode is not too bad, in fact this is the second best episode with Penny Parker. She's adventureouse and she should've stayed that way for all her other episodes!!! This is unfortunately not a topper in the season nor in the series. 

QUOTE (sonyab Dec 6 2004 @ 07:56 AM )
Loved this episode! Mac's arm was hurt I wonder if his arm was hurt in real life.. Penny Parker is very funny but kinda dumb.. Teri Hatcher's acting was really bad back then. she got better later like in Cleo Rocks.. She was a lot better in that one. But when she first started in MacGyver yikes.. Some of Penny's dialog was really funny like when they need gas in the car she says oh we can get some gas in that machine and Mac says you mean in the trac tor? ROFL.

Oh and I just voted this episode Excellent.

QUOTE (zhennu @ Dec 6 2004, 09:02 AM )

RDA's arm (I thought it was hand) was hurt in real life. I think I read that somewhere in an article. Penny was an interesting character to introduce. Kinda feel bad for MacGyver. xP Got chicken wire?

I rated this episode Good. 

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ Dec 6 2004, 11:00 AM )

Why did they needed chickenwire at an Bulgarian airport for anyway? In case somebody would try to escape through the walls? This is also one of the very few and rare times in the series where Mac actually swears. 

QUOTE (MacGyver Gal @ Dec 6 2004, 11:21 AM )

I don't remember Mac swearing in this episode...when was it??? (I was watching my tape of "Target MacGyver" the other day and I heard him swear then too.)

I thought this episode was quite good and Penny Parker was dumb but funny.

But I have a question....

Penny and Mac are handcuffed together after being detained at the airport.

They break out of that room. Then, they get a taxi and make their way to the park where they meet up with Mac’s chess-playing contact who takes them into that shack.

Then at the shack, Mac asked Penny for her earring…which he uses to remove the handcuffs.

So, my question is…

Why didn’t Mac use her earring to remove the handcuffs way back when they were at the airport??? hmm.bmp

QUOTE (rockatteer @ Dec 6 2004, 12:02 PM )

LOL. I often aask the same question. I think he was probably worried about getting out before the security guys came back to the room.

Why did they needed chickenwire at an Bulgarian airport for anyway?

Chicken mess is often used in buildings as an internal structure for support and attaching materials onto. It’s also used to hold the building paper onto the insides of the walls and ceilings..

In this particular case, it looks like it was used to provide extra support and strength to a flimsy wall.

QUOTE (sonyab @ Dec 6 2004, 12:27 PM )

QUOTE (MacGyver Gal @ Dec 5 2004, 05:21 PM)
So, my question is…

Why didn’t Mac use her earring to remove the handcuffs way back when they were at the airport??? 

Yeah Mac wanted to get the hell out of there ASAP!!! Oh i was mistaken Penny wasn't kinda dumb she WAS dumb rofl. Yeah dumb but funny ROFL.

QUOTE (zhennu @ Dec 6 2004, 01:25 PM )
A blonde brunette. sleep.gif' How corny...xD 

QUOTE (Macsrose @ Dec 6 2004, 02:20 PM )
I thought the same thing, the first time that I saw Penny! 

QUOTE (MacGyver @ Dec 6 2004, 03:18 PM )

MacGyver definitely swears in this episode. I believe it's when he and Penny are trapped at the airport that he refers to a beaver's structure. Aside from that, it's still a good episode. I did love MacGyver's escape from the airport by breaking through the wall and riding on the conveyor belt. I keep thinking I want to do that every time I go to an airport myself! But of course, you can't do that nowadays. Security and all. wink.gif
It was a great first Penny Parker episode, (one of many!) and of course, one of the first episodes of MacGyver to feature chess!!! (By the way, chess comes majorly into play in "A Prisoner of Conscience" as well as "Obsessed". In fact, it was pretty important in this episode too.) Well, just thought I'd point that out. I guess I'm something of an afficianado of the game. And remember, chess and checkers are considered sports technically.

Anyway, another good MacGyver episode, as usual.

QUOTE (MacGyver Gal @ Dec 6 2004, 06:49 PM )

QUOTE (MacGyver @ Dec 5 2004, 07:18 PM)
MacGyver definitely swears in this episode.  I believe it's when he and Penny are trapped at the airport that he refers to a beaver's structure. 

"a beaver's structure"?

LOL

QUOTE (rockatteer @ Dec 6 2004, 09:01 PM )

When did Dam become a swear word? laugh.gif

In ugly duckling he says "My God!.. why?"

And remember, chess and checkers are considered sports technically.

Although why, God only knows! They'll be calling painting a sport next, because it requires skill and ability! dry.gif

QUOTE (MacGyver Gal @ Dec 7 2004, 04:37 AM)

QUOTE (rockatteer @ Dec 6 2004, 01:01 AM)
In ugly duckling he says "My God!.. why?" 

It depends how it's used...

IMO, if it's used in anger or thrown around frivolously, then that's a no no. sad.gif

I saw a rerun on Game Show Network and the contestant won and she said "Oh My God!, Oh My God!". At the time of the original broadcast, the word "God" was deleted.

Years ago, you couldn't use the word "pregnant" on TV. Now you can show how you get that way.

And remember, chess and checkers are considered sports technically.

Nice try.... dry.gif

But if you don't sweat, it's not a sport.

QUOTE (MacGirl @ May 31 2005, 06:11 PM )
AAHH... I'm sorry, Penny drives me up the wall in this one! She was SO ditzy and pouty.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jackwabbit
Posted on 20 October 2007 - 05:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I can't stand Penny in this one...ok, in general, but she does improve, so I had to vote 'poor'. Just too bad to stand more than once.

"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted on 21 October 2007 - 01:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity

I rated this episode good. Yes I agree, Penny Parker can be extremely irritating, but she also brings out an element in MacGyver's personality that we rarely see in his interactions with other people. The possible exception might be Jack Dalton. Penny annoys that hell out of MacGyver. This is evident in the scene at the airport where he's stnding around, minding his own business, waiting to clear security.

She strikes up the conversation, and like Mac says later in the show, "A guy just can't be rude." He's very patient with her, but its also clear he wishes she would just shut up and leave him alone. I think anyone who has ever flown anywhere has met a person that immediately wants to be your new best friend. Been there, done that, got the T shirt. The problem with these people is that they just don't know when to quit.

MacGyver deals with Penny's innteruptions and interferences with a suffering patience that actually makes you feel a little sorry for the guy.

Penny is a real dingbat. Unfortunately, there really are people like that in the world. I know, I'm realated to one. rolleyes.gif She does provide some comic relief, without crossing into Keystone Kops territory. I can't help it, but I find the scene of her running out in the street in a teddy and that coverup with the feathers hilarious. Mac yelling at her, "I said a bathrobe." and She answers, "this is the nicest one I have." Like she's not going to attract attention dressed like that.

Overall, the acting isn't too bad from the rest of the supporting cast either. Teri Hatcher did get better in the later episodes she appeared in, but she did ok here.

The one thing that I have to ask, even though it was pointed out in last year's discussion. Why didn't Mac pick the lock on the handcuffs before breaking out of the airport interrogation room? Penny had the earring, you couldn't miss it swinging like a fishing lure, yet Mac didn't think to pick the lock on the handcuffs until they got to the park. the other nitpicky thing that bugged me was that Penny kept wearing the other earring instead of taking it out. Its probably just me but it looks really weird and it just annoys me.

Overall, not a bad episode. I go back to this one when I need a little levity in my day.

And a question: is it me or does the actor playing Constantine at the end of this episode bear a strong resemblance to the Russian jr officer driving the tank in To Be A Man?

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 21 October 2007 - 07:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

This is a good fun episode. I like that spy adventure type feel at the start with the sneaky way to hide the microfilm on the postcard.
Penny brings in some entertaining moments. Yes, she is an irritatingly silly girl but she has a sweetness to her that makes her bearable. She is amusing and entertaining enough for me to forgive her irritating side, most of the time! I also like that she is game to go along with MacGyvers plans and doesn’t act the helpless female all the time.
The episode was good but I think the introduction of Penny made it more memorable than it otherwise would have been.
Its really funny to watch MacGyver try to keep his temper and not patronise her.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted on 21 October 2007 - 07:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker

I added my "OK" vote.

I'm not too fond of the Penny Parker character. I think the PTB's could have written her just as child-like and naïve without her seeming like a total bubble-head.

I do like how they worked around RDAs injury, though. Though being handcuffed together is a bit unbelievable. Necessary for the storyline, I guess. *shrug* And as pointed out before, he could have pick the lock on the handcuffs earlier, especially with one hand free.

And another run for the border... (Has anyone counted how many time he had to get over the border?)

But all in all, this is an entertaining episode-not one for the record books for memorability, but I don't turn it off when it's on.

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
Berni
Posted on 28 October 2007 - 06:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:can't decide

I have rated "good".

It's because I lgenerally enjoyed the episode, but I have a little problem with Penny too. On the one hand, I think that she is a very nice girl, but on the other hand I find her quite annoying. Poor MacG.gif !
I liked her about as much as in "Cleo Rocks" and "The Secret of Parker House", which were actually the episodes where I saw her first.
But thanks to her those episodes are very entertaining.

I like the story, somehow it reminds me of James Bond (Eastern Europe, the game of chess with the contact, the café and so on).

That handcuff-thing also seems a bit strange to me. Apparently Mac likes to be attached to women in this way biggrin.gif (We know about his problems with commitments unsure.gif ):
I remember the escape with Lulu in "The Lost Amadeus". He was in no hurry to get rid of the handcuffs until she had that "little problem".
But it surely adds a bit of fun and suspense to the episode.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 28 October 2007 - 02:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

you know.. I've never actually made that connection with the handcuffs.. but now that you mention it... hmm.bmp

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
The True MacGyver
Posted on 4 April 2008 - 04:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Episode:Pilot

Although a rather annoying debut for Penny, this really opens up Mac. Whereas Jack is kind of Mac's brother, Penny really has a similar effect. Mac eventually sees her as a sister, him being the over-protective brother.

A Dude's a Dude All Over the World - MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jknnej
Posted on 11 April 2008 - 01:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I gave it excellent because it makes me laugh SO many times.
When the come out on the baggage claim, and oh my God, when Penny descibes the "farm machine" and MacGyver says, "A Trac-Tor?" I crack up.
Not the best ep for serous stuff, but oh, so damn funny.

Edited because I could not think of the word for baggage claim; I'm a high school teacher, it's Friday, and it's been a LONG day!!! LOL Even now I'm not sure I spelled it right, could I be having a stroke here?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted on 11 April 2008 - 09:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather

That "trac-tor?" line is one of my favourites, also -- fantastic delivery!

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

Liz1976
Posted on 15 July 2008 - 01:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites

Another fave moment fir me is when Mac is running for the bathroom in the airport and he runs into an older, overweight, Bulgarian (supposedly) woman who screams and causes Mac to scream. roller.gif

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
androgyny
Posted on 24 July 2008 - 07:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

well, it's just an okay episode. penny annoyed me a bit.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted on 25 July 2008 - 05:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites

Yep, that's what you get with Penny Parker: annoyed. Does anyone wonder if Teri Hatcher doesn't seriously regret the role? hmm.bmp

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
androgyny
Posted on 30 July 2008 - 05:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

she's an actress. she's bound to have done roles she didn't really like but needs the exposure. at least with penny parker, it's a recurring role in a popular tv show. so, i don't think she regrets it. imo, of course. :-)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 30 July 2008 - 01:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I guess it comes down to how secure she is.

If she thinks of herself as a smart intelligent person, she would have fun with the role, goofing around and pretending to be a bimbo. If she wasn't' so sure.. she might have worried that people would think she was really like that.

I think her role of the strong feisty intelligent Lois Lane in Lois & Clark would have superseded any presumption of her being a bimbo in any case.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted on 3 May 2009 - 10:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I liked her in her first time playing Penny she acted like a blonde more then anything else.

Dennman
Posted on 18 March 2010 - 02:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Passages.

I believe Ricky Dean had broken his wrist during filming that season. I voted excellent, which pretty much sums up the first season to me.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacLovin
Posted on 14 April 2010 - 12:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: pink knockoff

Favorites

I think this is my favorite Penny Parker episode. I love it when she starts talking about "the thing that plows" and MacGyver responds "a trac-tor?"

And also the look on his face when she kisses him at the restaurant like he was thinking what a terrible idea it was (nothing like when she kissed him in "Friends")

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
deepfathom393
Posted on 25 April 2010 - 10:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
House:  Observatory

Penny Parker is one of my favorite supporting characters. She and Mac just sort of bounce off one another. I loved this episode! I gave it an "Excellent". It was really fun to see mac in this sort of situation. You could just tell he wanted to pull his hair out, but he was really sweet with Penny. That's what makes this episode so good. i'm glad they brought Penny back a few more times too. Her episodes are just so much fun to watch because she's such a ditz and Mac knows it, but he still cares about her and is really a great friend to her.

PMUsers Website                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted on 25 April 2010 - 05:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from

Here's a question for you. Do you all think Penny really is that dumb, or is she smarter than she lets on? If it's the latter, why?? If she's doing it because she thinks men find it attractive, she's definitely wrong. The only guys who like dumb girls are a) dumb guys and b) guys who want a trophy girlfriend.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Geekgirl
Posted on 25 April 2010 - 07:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: unknown

Favorites
Episode:Widowmaker

QUOTE (MacGirl @ 25 April 2010 - 07:22 PM)
Here's a question for you. Do you all think Penny really is that dumb, or is she smarter than she lets on? If it's the latter, why?? If she's doing it because she thinks men find it attractive, she's definitely wrong. The only guys who like dumb girls are a) dumb guys and b) guys who want a trophy girlfriend.

I wouldn't say that Penny is dumb, ditzy as heck, yes, but not truly dumb. I knew someone like her growing up in small town Michigan. Annoyed the hell out of me with her ditzy dumb blond attitude (forgive the saying). Turned out that she hadn't travelled much, let a pretty sheltered existance, even more so than me, and just hadn't spent much time thinking about what she truly could do with her life. Granted that was her at 16 yrs old, not 25 or 30 like Penny.

Now, I've moved out to Minnesota, and I have managed to find a young 30 something woman who could pass as Penny...and the scary thing is this friend has a BA in Art and is working on a Masters in Education...early childhood education. Again, hasn't travelled much, sheltered youth, and a very simple/naive view of things. I've also run into a 26 year old male, who could pass as a male version of Penny in that respect...kinda spooky really.

Now saying this, I find Penny to be an annoyance in this episode, but I love how Mac deals with her....

“Typical. Just when you're getting ahead, someone changes the odds." - MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Makedde
Posted on 5 March 2011 - 11:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Hell Week

It's okay. I wasn't expecting Teri Hatcher to pop up in it, so I was quite surprised to see her.
She drove me nuts! It's amazing Mac didn't tell her to bugger, that woman could talk the hind leg off a donkey!

I think she and Mac started to get along well, but he does seem to get frustrated at her incessant babbling.

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
NightTinkerer
Posted on 8 August 2012 - 01:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Multifaceted

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest

The frame story of this episode is actually rather interesting, and I think RDA is doing a great job here, considering that his arm is actually broken for real.

However--I'm sorry, but I find it very difficult to like Penny Parker. Teri Hatcher seems to have a talent for dancing and stage acting, and of course, there's the comic relief factor... but, the Penny Parker character's attitude just drives me nuts.

I think the reason for me is simple--she's everything I *don't* want to be. Now, don't get me wrong here, I'm not an extreme feminist or a fighter for women's rights, and things *have* changed since the 80's, although we're not quite there yet (and I doubt we'll ever be, simply because there *are* differences between men and women, and it's hard to overcome our natural instincts).

That said--as a woman in a men's world, (as is often the case with me, since I am much of a technical troubleshooter and audio system rigger... plus I'm also an avid urban explorer, just to mention some things...)--it can be hard enough to make people forget that just because you're a woman, it doesn't mean you're more fragile as a person.

Penny Parker is using all her female qualities, including her (assumed?) lack of intelligence, to draw attention and sympathy from the men. (Yes, there are many unintelligent men out there too, but very few are using it for sympathy the same way women tend to do--hence the "myth" of the "blonde" female, I think... tongue.gif)

I may sound harsh, but in my opinion, characters like Penny Parker help feeding this clichéd myth which so many of us just... detest. I know, these were the 80's, and some things have changed since then--I imagine it would be much harder today to establish a character like Penny in a modern TV series... but she still bothers me.

That said, I mean no offense to those of you who actually like her, (as long as you don't expect real life females to act and be treated like that... wink.gif) She does provide comic relief now and then, as with the famous "trac-tor" line...

Needless to say, though, I'm glad that her and Mac's romance was ignored in the later Penny Parker episodes, and he said she was like a younger sister instead.

Voting "OK" on this one.

PM                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 23 March 2013 - 08:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:

The plot/premise is alright. PP is soooo annoying and childlike though - that I had to fast forward through many parts of this. Nobody could be that ditzy, could they? OKay maybe 1980s Valley Girls for which I think her character was based upon!? Thumbs down on this one.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

MacManx
Posted on 2 April 2013 - 06:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

Favorites
Episode:Sooooooo hard

This episode is just so funny, and the reason it is sooo funny is Penny. Mac gets into this situations because he is such a nice guy and can't be rude and that is part of why we love him.

The classic spy stuff at the beginning was fun as well.

I can not be at an airport, see the baggage claim conveyor belt and not think about this episode.

And I have different ran into those people that just won't stop talking to you, even though they don't you. On a overnight flight to Manchester, a Texas lady, very much like Penny, would not stop talking the entire flight to the British woman seated next to her. I was across the aisle and row back and heard every word of the conversation. my intent was to sleep through the flight. It didn't happen. Soon as the plane landed the British woman bolted. We saw the same Texas lady chatting up everyone she was in line with throughout customs. People like Penny are there.

Duck tape is like the force; it has a dark side and a light side; and binds the universe together.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MDBfan
Posted on 2 April 2013 - 08:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Strictly Business

QUOTE (MacManx @ 3 April 2013 - 02:19 AM)
And I have different ran into those people that just won't stop talking to you, even though they don't you. On a overnight flight to Manchester, a Texas lady, very much like Penny, would not stop talking the entire flight to the British woman seated next to her. I was across the aisle and row back and heard every word of the conversation. my intent was to sleep through the flight. It didn't happen. Soon as the plane landed the British woman bolted. We saw the same Texas lady chatting up everyone she was in line with throughout customs. People like Penny are there.

Oh yes, that happens to me a lot! I'm one of those who seldom talk to strangers but for some reason I attract chatty people. Most of the time I don't mind. I'm glad everyone is not as shy as me, that would be boring. smile.gif But some people just talk too much! Once I was on a bus trip that lasted six hours and a man was talking (to himself as well as to me) ALL the time. I have a fear of being impolite, however I discreetly tried reading a book, listening to music and pretending to be asleep. It did not help. headbutt.gif

"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

PM                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 4 April 2013 - 07:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:

Well let's not confuse 'chatty' people with complete ditzes. Talkative, friendly people with alot to say are one thing .... but PP is completely over-the-top in the airhead department, imo.

You'd think that Mac would prefer a slightly more 'cerebral' woman to get nose to nose and toes to toes with .... but then again opposites do often attract.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

Rocket
Posted on 4 April 2013 - 01:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights

I liked this episode too; I like the way Mac is totally taken aback by Penny and can't work out how to deflect her without seeming rude. That cracks me up every time! roller.gif

While Penny is certainly annoying, I still find her funny. If only for the effect she has on everyone around her and the fact that we've all had to deal with a Penny at some point!

Also, as noted by others here, I think RDA is doing really well for a guy with a busted arm. He ends up doing loads of stuff with both hands, which must have hurt.

Rollerskating at right angles to reality

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted on 5 June 2013 - 01:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from

NightTinkerer: You took the words right out of my mouth, and said it better than I could. That's why Penny irritates me, too.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll