Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Wouldn't say hooked but it's a nice game. I remember we bought the game because we wanted to play horror games, despite with our mother said. Then again she never approved anything we wanted. I've had the game for almost twenty years now and this is the first time I finished it. Lots of first times in recent years in finishing these old games: Tomb Raider, Resident Evil.

I'm not sure if I'll ever play another RE game but never say never.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 19 January 2019 - 05:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

If you liked Resident Evil 2, you really should play at least the original Resident Evil, Resident Evil 3 and Resident Evil Code Veronica X. That is the MAIN original story line before Resident Evil 4 derailed it. Edit: I should mention that if you want a challenge, Code Veronica X is the way to go. That game is HARD!

As good of a game as Resident Evil 4 is, I was always a bit disappointed because Code Veronica X was the lead in to the anticipated take down of Umbrella. Then when RE4 came out, they like... skipped it. RE4-RE6 kinda started to portray the characters pretty unrealistically. RE4 and Leon was... okay. But, I really wanted the scrapped version instead... that would have been so much better. But nooooo... Capcom just HAD to have a piece of the Call of Duty pie.

This is one of the scrapped versions of Resident Evil 4. It looks AMAZING! From what I understand from Leon's voice actor, he was actually supposed to die in this game. As much as I love Leon... it would be interesting if they had taken it down that route.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 28 January 2019 - 07:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

So, I got Resident Evil 2 Remake. Dear lord... that game is terrifying. The original is kinda hokey, but this remake is real dark. I've played it for about an hour (in game), but took mini breaks every few minutes to get comfort from two of my friends. XD

I have it on "assisted" because I'm lame. lol But, anyway, I got the Collector's Edition of it, so it came with some cool stuff. A friend of mine has been playing it, but I gave him some footage of my unboxing of the Collector's Edition and he made a montage. Thank god he did, because my sister (who was recording) and I were acting like morons.

And here is part 1 of my friend's Let's Play. Edit: I forgot to mention Leon's Jeep is actually the older model Jeep Wrangler with the square headlights this time. Cool! lol

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 February 2019 - 04:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Still not playing anything right now but I'm on the nostalgia tour by listening to the score of Outlaws. But I just found out that one of the characters: Dr. Death was voiced by John De Lancie.

The score was done by Clint Bajakian, who did several games for LucasArts at the time including the Indiana Jones games. The score for Outlaws was done by a full orchestra for the first time ever and the result is quite impressive with clear inspiration of Ennio Morricone.

Someday, I hope to be able to play that game again. Maybe it's time for a PC-mini. biggrin.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 11 February 2019 - 09:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I forget exactly what you play on, MacGod. It's the PS4, right?

If I were you, definitely look into the RE2 remake. It's SO good. If you enjoyed the original, you'll LOVE the remake. It's so much creepier and scarier. Not to mention the visual upgrade, ambiance, better dialogue, voice acting and character development. They're releasing a free DLC on Friday that will revolve around other characters and the horror they went through before their deaths... like Kendo, the gun shop owner and the Mayor's daughter.

Mister X will now chase you through the station, except for safe rooms and the STARS office. Also, Sherry's ordeal is much more traumatic, being held captive by Brian Irons until Claire comes to rescue her. Ada Wong is much more manipulative and mysterious... to the point I actually hate her. Brian Irons is also much more sadistic, being just as scary as all the other enemies because you play as Sherry is get away from him.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 12 February 2019 - 05:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

No, PS3 but I do have the intention of buying a PS4 once I'm finished with my PS3 games. Still have a lot to play and I want a couple of replays too.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 13 February 2019 - 04:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Well hopefully by the time you get around to getting the PS4, the RE2 remake will be dirt cheap. You'll really like it. It's legit fantastic. And that says a lot coming from me because I haven't been impressed with Capcom's games the past like... 15 years.

Hopefully there won't be any more delays, but this is supposed to come out this Summer. I have a friend that LOVES Castlevania, and this is suppose to be it's successor. We're both excited about it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 19 February 2019 - 08:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Any of you watching gamer channels on YouTube? You should try out Stephen Plays Outlaws. I just started it following randomly because it was Outlaws. He's playing the game and you can hear him commenting on what happens. The guy is great as he rediscovers the game from the 90's. He's good at commentary and some mild language here and there, but his reactions are real and in some levels even for the first time. Check out the video below.

And for the record: the character Bloodeye Tim is voiced by W. Morgan Sheppard. He's seen in level 3 and level 9 and also in the historical missions.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 19 February 2019 - 10:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I usually watch Survival Horror Network because they have no commentary... I find commentary a bit annoying sometimes. I do support my friend, Nathan, who is trying to get his gaming channel off the ground. It's slowly gaining an audience, but he isn't very big right now. He's been doing mostly live streams, which Kathryn and I will join to harass him and keep him company until he gets more viewers.

You should check him out. He's a great guy and one of my closest friends. He just changed his profile name to Chilled Fox Gaming. I'll post his latest stream from last night down below. smile.gif Yes, he is still playing RE2 remake. He's trying to finish the minigames.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 19 February 2019 - 07:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I like watching RTGame's videos. I can't watch the live streams on Twitch, but the video compilations are pretty fun smile.gif And yes, there's harsh language in places.

I like how he covers games of multiple genres

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 February 2019 - 03:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I don't know if I'm going to keep following him. This was just plainly because of Outlaws, unless he played other older games that I've played. And yes I usually don't like comments either, not that I have followed others or anything. Well maybe Angry Video Game Nerd but that's something different. In case of full gameplay, I prefer no comments as far as I know and I only look it up in case I'm stuck in a game myself. I also found one a long time ago when I was playing Game of Thrones and you could actually see the player in a splitscreen. Actually what was nice about that player and Stephen Plays is that they're genuinly surprised with what the game does. In case of Outlaws it was because he never got any further then level 5 and in the videos he played levels 6 through 9 for the very first time. Some of those levels were indeed hard.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 6 March 2019 - 08:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Been playing Call of Juárez: Bound In Blood the past few days. Ever since I have been watching those Outlaws videos, I've been craving for western games. It's been a few years since I've played this. You play as Ray and/or Thomas McCall, two brothers who deserted the Confederate army during the Civil War to find their homestead ruined and their mother dead. Along with their brother William who is a priest, they go searching for a treasure in Mexico in order the rebuild their homestead. Yet the brothers have their differences over a girl they both like. While William is trying to keep the peace between the brothers, the chance things might get out of hand becomes more and more realistic.

It's a great and fun shoot 'em up game with a great storyline, graphics and controls. Everything a good game needs. You can either play as Ray McCall or Thomas McCall, depending on your choice. Last time I switched between characters, now I'm playing from Thomas' side and I will need to replay it for Ray's side. Though in my opinion whenever you get to choose one of the brothers I would've set them differently. It sounds more logic to have Ray as the older brother set first and then Thomas as second. So that you would have to press L2 for Ray and R2 voor Thomas. Oh, well, makes no difference, I guess, besides I can see myself more as the Thomas of the brothers. Ray is more like the decision making kind while Thomas is just along for the ride.

The first levels are set in the Civil War and it makes me actually why there are no more Civil War games. Think of it: Call of Duty: Civil Warfare. Medal of Honor: Civil War or Battlefield: American Civil War. I think it sounds neat.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 March 2019 - 04:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Finished the game in less then nine hours with Thomas McCall and restarted already to play with Ray.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 19 March 2019 - 06:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Antonio Romero Monteiro has currently the world record of owning the biggest video game collection on earth, certified by Guinness Book of World Records. He has over 20,000 games.

https://abc7ny.com/entertainment/man-holds-...gnS588P92CsgXBI

Meanwhile, a man named Joel Hopkins also known as Last Gamer was the previous holder of the record and has the largest game room on the planet.

Yes, that's his house.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 19 March 2019 - 06:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 19 March 2019 - 09:48 AM)
Yes, that's his house.

Bye mom! I'm moving out! laugh.gif

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 20 March 2019 - 04:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I actually have and had friends that want to collect like that. Game collecting is expensive though. Some collections are as much as the console you play it on. =P I only collect for game series I really love.... like Mass Effect or Resident Evil.

I'm in the process of moving from consoles to PC. My guy friend is coming up in the summer to build me a new rig to replace my laptop. It'll set me back $1500, but I won't have to upgrade for a while. I also have access to his Steam library, which has over 500 games.

I know what games I'm gonna get first! Resident Evil 2 remake and Devil May Cry 5. Capcom was on a roll this year.

I haven't played DMC5 yet, but I watched Nathan play it and it's AMAZING! It's everything I love about the series and more. I'm rather impressed. Dialogue and voice acting is so good in this one.

Case in point...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 26 March 2019 - 06:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I wouldn't collect for collecting either. Not on games, films are another matter.

Just read another interesting question on Facebook.

What's your top 3 of survival horror?
I answered: Alien Isolation, Resident Evil 2 and Alone In The Dark Inferno and New Nightmare.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 27 March 2019 - 05:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Hmmm... Top three survival horror?

Resident Evil 2 Remake; though RE1 remake, RE3: Nemesis and RE:CVX are also very good.
Silent Hill 3
Dead Space; if you like Alien: Isolation, this is a good one, but its a bit more action oriented.

If you haven't played any of those, you REALLY need to if you like survival horror. They're all older games, so you should be able to play most of them on the PS3.

I tend to collect random stuff... whatever catches my eye, really. I have like a ton of collectable t-shirts and coffee mugs. lol I've gotten into wall signs and collectable figures, like Hot Toys type of stuff, when I can afford it. But I only collect stuff I know is going to be worth my while. I'm not really into dedicating my entire home to a "gamer lifestyle". I did have a friend like that a while back, and well... it didn't work out well. XD

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 27 March 2019 - 08:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Dead Space is one of those I still want to buy and play before I get a PS4, along with some of the other game-series that are not complete yet. We used to have Dead Space one time though but that was before we moved out of the house.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 31 March 2019 - 03:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Dead Space legit freaked me out, actually. It was a very hard game for me to get through. Alien Isolation was the same way, except I never finished it because it freaked me out too much.

Sadly, Dead Space won't be getting any more games as the developer is now defunct. Thank EA... and from what I hear, Bioware might be next because Anthem didn't do very well. :/

As of late, I've still playing Fallout 76 and Sims 4. I've been breaking from the usual games I've been playing with my guy friend, though we've been playing a game called Risk of Rain 2, which is FUN! My laptop can barely play it on it's lowest settings and he's constantly joking that he's about to fry my computer...
blink.gif dry.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 31 March 2019 - 07:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I really, REALLY want to play City Skylines happy.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 1 April 2019 - 02:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 1 April 2019 - 12:49 AM)
Dead Space legit freaked me out, actually. It was a very hard game for me to get through. Alien Isolation was the same way, except I never finished it because it freaked me out too much.

Alien Isolation was the first and only game that had me lower the difficulty bar at one point, since there was no getting through. It really is one of the best games, I've ever played.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 1 April 2019 - 08:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 31 March 2019 - 10:09 PM)
I really, REALLY want to play City Skylines happy.gif

I hear it's good but never played it myself. I've played some SimCity recently and that is fun but glitchy as hell.

@MacGod - The original Alien still gives me nightmares. I got up to the part in Isolation where it kills that one guy you're with, and then you must run for an elevator. I haven't turned it on again since.

Dead Space is kinda like if Silent Hil and Alien Isolation had a love child. You have the sci-fi horror of Alien, but psychological horror of Silent Hill. Both Dead Space and Silent Hill deal with repercussions of insane cult religions... so there's a lot of religious/pagan references in both franchises. Silent Hill is supernatural and Dead Space is alien.

I find them both to have darker, deeper storylines than Alien Isolation... and are both considered classic horror titles if you like that sort of stuff. I highly recommend them. But, I've kinda backed off from too much survival horror... too much of that keeps me up at night. lol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 2 April 2019 - 03:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Weird. If I don't have my survival horror fix, I can't sleep. biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 April 2019 - 02:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Started on Beyond Two Souls. Pretty much the same steering system as Heavy Rain and it already started pretty good. You play Jodie who seems to be connected with an entity since childhood which you can also play as. I'm really just in the beginning of the game and it's still a little searching. Already played parts I know I'm going to play differently next time. You can also play as Jodie in her childhood and as adult, real curious where this game would lead to.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 13 April 2019 - 06:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

It's sure another interesting storyline in Beyond: Two Souls. Though it's not a chronological story. But I just go along with it. I think I just did one of the most unusual things ever in a game... I delivered a baby. In Heavy Rain at one point you have the change a baby's diaper, in this game you deliver them. Quantic Dreams really knows their stuff. It's not just shoot 'em up or fight 'em up or adventure stuff. They really go for it to make different kind of games. I'm all for it.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 14 April 2019 - 04:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Are we talking Quick Time Event type games here? I HATE those types of games because I have to stay on my toes ALL the time. Resident Evil 5 & 6 kinda killed QTE games for me... dry.gif

I saw this trailer this morning... This is totally gonna be my first new game on PC in November... biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 15 April 2019 - 02:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Yep. But the game is very good. The gameplay actually relies on your reflexes. Couple of days ago I was playing when I was very tired and I almost missed every move I had to make and yes even when I play when I'm not tired, I often miss a move. When it comes to fighting, the game slows down and actually show you which direction you have to go in order to avoid a blow and more then once I missed my cue, doesn't matter if I'm on my toes or not. Or maybe I just play bad.

But I actually like those games. They remind me of the good old fashioned point and click games from the early 90's. Only then you had unlimited time to interact or make a decision. Their first game Fahrenheit, really got to me. Great story and above all great score.

This game takes you everywhere in Jodie's life. From being a lab rat as a kid and teen, to a CIA recrute doing missions in a war torn country, to being a homeless person living under a bridge (sound familiar?) to becoming a drifter in a what is supposedly Monument Valley and helping out Native Americans on their farm. You really get to do all sorts of stuff. Before I had my CIA-mission there was a level called The Dinner in which the game requieres you to clean up the apartment, take a shower, dress nicely, cook dinner and set the table. Not many games do that. Or should I say only a very few games do that.

Also interesting is that Jodie is played by actress Ellen Page and her psychiatrist is played by Willem Defoe. This reminds me of the games in the 90's starring real actors. You have like Dennis Hopper in the game Black Dahlia, though he wasn't a playable character. And there was also the game Ripper that starred Karen Allen, Jonathan Rhys-Davies and Burgess Meredith. I never played that game though.

You should give it a try, Jedi.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 April 2019 - 03:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

So I finished the game. It seemed to have been received a little less succesfull. First and foremost is the game is not played chronologically, however this is not explained why, it just is. In one chapter you're a child playing with dolls, in the other an adult on a dangerous CIA mission, in a third you're a rebellious teenager to become a child again in the next. But you can find a chronological order of the levels on the internet. So actually I already restarted the game and trying to play it differently but in chronological order.

I do have to agree that the steering of the game is a little clunky sometimes. Moving in a certain direction is sometimes a little hard, she just keeps turning in circles. And camera angles don't always show what you like to see in a corner for example. Also there is a difficulty level in which the game asks how you want to play. Funny thing is if you go easy mode after playing difficult mode, it's not easier at all. When you play as Aidan, in easy mode there are orange dots on the screen to show which position is best in a certain room. In difficult mode there aren't any, you can move around rather freely.

The score was also less memorable or either less important. No theme jumped out like it did on Fahrenheit or Heavy Rain. Yet it was composed by Lorne Balfe and supervised by Hans Zimmer. But the game was also less dramatic then the former two. Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain relied on depression and loss while this game as the back cover says is a psychological action thriller. Maybe I did miss that heavy emotion as in the other two games.

Credit to Ellen Page however for her acting. At some point she really has this soft voice. Maybe she should do some audiobooks.

In all this game has a couple of flaws but it's still a fun game to play.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 10 June 2019 - 06:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Yeah, I have no idea what this is, but... cool?

https://twitter.com/PRpegasus/status/1127843950536957957

PM                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (35) « First ... 31 32 [33] 34 35  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll