He's coming! He's coming!, Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverGod
Posted: 1 April 2016 - 05:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

SAK's aren't allowed, I asked, so it that has to stay home. I won't be needing it there anyway.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 1 April 2016 - 03:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Alright guys, this is it. I'm going to crash now. I've only got about five hours of sleep yet. Been out, longer again than expected. Next time I come online I will have met one of the greatest persons in the world. So I will say goodnight and probably be online tomorrow night or the day after. biggrin.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 1 April 2016 - 03:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Jacket:  Brown bomber

We want photos! laugh.gif

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 1 April 2016 - 06:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Nice! Can't wait to hear the experience from you MacGyverGod! Have fun!

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mr Duct Tape
Posted: 2 April 2016 - 03:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 1 April 2016 - 11:59 PM)
We want photos! laugh.gif

this tongue.gif

"Ok hotshot, so you got yourself a golden brown palomino between your legs, and NO reins. Now what?"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 2 April 2016 - 01:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Hi, I just got back.

Photos will come soon.

I got to say I never met anybody quite like him. He was so friendly and nice that he was even apologizing for the long wait. It sort of went like this. Everyone was there except Sean Astin who canceled because his mother passed away. Laurie Holden was there, Ray Park and an actor of Game of Thrones but have no idea who he was. It was no one of the main cast. Anyway, they are sitting at their tables and out of those four lines, there was one really long one. You guessed it... his. biggrin.gif Now where we joined the line, we figured, this is going to last long. I'm not even sure he was there when we joined the line. But when we looked behind us the line was starting to form throughout the hall, we went... blink.gif

Anyway, when he got started signing, the line went ahead and ahead. And then suddenly I saw this grey-haired dude sitting there not so far from me. Smiling, taking his time, very much at ease, no stress. It was closing in. I met three other people there who were getting so wound up. Two of 'em were women. One of whom I will try to contact later and try to have registered here. In the meantime, I saw all sort of things happening. One woman was very emotional, tears running down when coming back totally overwhelmed. I saw two elderly ladies coming back with smiles behind their ears. And there were even two very disabled kids, I think he even shook their hands. That kinda made us realize he is truly the man we all take him for. He is so genuine.

So we got closer and closer to him and then it was finally my turn. I just stood there in front of him holding my DVD while he took a sip of his lemonade and then our eyes connected. His eyes lit up when he saw me... (it's true what Pete says, there's light behind those eyes). It was as if he knew me. He apologized for drinking and I was going like: 'no, no, go ahead.' He was hot and so they went out to get a fan. So I gave him the DVD of the television movies. He was like: 'what do we have here?' Then he gave me a choice. Black marker in the left corner below over the exploding car or the silver marker on the right side near the titles. I was thinking but before I could really give an answer he said black because the silver markers weren't working very well. So I just went with it. He signed it with Richard Dean Anderson 2016. During the signing I was a little speechless actually and the next thing I knew it was over. But really, the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

About two hours later I met Laurie Holden for the shoot. She was really nice too. She said: 'Hi, nice to meet you.' *Flash* and picture printed.

Then again another almost two hours later I was going in the line for the shoot with Rick and the woman I met earlier was holding a spot for me. When we talked earlier she said she didn't know about the shoot and I told her it was like practically sold out and she said that it was a shame she didn't know and then I offered her the chance to join me on the photo. A chance like that you don't get it twice in your life. So I didn't mind. During the waiting time we got to know each other a little bit and talked about MacGyver and Murdoc and Penny and how they once were couples. After like half an hour waiting time it was our turn. So the three of us on the picture. He was so warm and loving while we took our place. He was in the middle and then I felt his big left arm over my shoulders and I felt elevated. All the troubles and worries I've been struggling with in the past three years were gone! The expression I have on my face on the photo is one I haven't had in a long time. I'm going to have scan it in to show you but that's going to take a few days. Then *flash* and it was over. I quickly shook his hand. Even though I'm almost as tall as he is, this guy is such a teddy bear. He has this huge body and arms. What I felt was this genuine feeling of appreciation, I think. I felt like almost healed after three rough years.

Right now, I'm going through some after enjoyment.

After the photo shoot with Rick, I went to see Laurie again and I had her sign my DVD of The Mist. Again she was very nice. It was a little waiting because she obviously needed a nap from being jetlagged. So I had to wait. I was only second in line. While waiting I saw Rick passing the tables again, surrounded by four guys. One in front of him, one on his left, one of his right and one behind him. He was being guided to his Q&A session which I missed for the biggest part because I was waiting for Laurie. But shortly after I saw Rick passing by she arrived again. So I had to say what I wanted to signature to be so I said: 'To Mario.' And then she addressed me with my first name. So I gave her the DVD of The Mist and she said it was very nice. It's the Blu-ray with steel casing. She made her signature with a silver marker (hers seemed to work) To Mario, with a little heart underneath than her name and below at the end XO. While she made her signature I asked her if everything was ok with her and she said that she was very tired and needed a nap, that's why she was gone for a while. She was so sweet. So I had a little conversation with her and then I went on my way to see Rick Q&A which had started already and then we sorta got lost because those sessions were a little further away from everything else. I think I saw about ten minutes. It was such a joy to see and hear him talk. And then he was fumbling with the mike, it didn't stay straight, it went down, he messed with it and got it straight again. His response to a question was hilarious when they asked him which he liked more MacGyver or Jack O' Neill and his response was: 'Any of you actually saw Legend?' He started to talk about Ernest Pratt because he was such a different character than anything else he played before. But in all honesty, he said he had much more fun of being O' Neill and said most US soldiers are like O' Neill but he also said there was like more room to improvise with O' Neill than with Mac. But he also said he had a great time being Mac and that Mac is where he belongs... in the 80's early 90's. He also mentioned the MacGyver reboot and that he was not offended in any way whatsoever by it or that he is not involved. What a guy. You should've seen his reaction when the moderator said his time was up and he said real loud in the mike; 'What?' As if he couldn't believe it.

That's actually about it. Seriously, what a guy! This is something no one can ever take away again. I saw him three times in one day, I have an autograph and a picture. I have been watching MacGyver ever since I was four. I never expected to ever meet him. But now I realize it might not be that hard to meet your idols after all. I always figured if I ever meet anybody it had to be Stallone or Schwarzenegger and no one else. Now you see...

I got a few pictures here from the woman I met that she made a little secretive from a distance. Apparently for some reason RDA didn't want to have selfies taken nor did he signed anything to anyone. He just signed his name and that was it. I talked about this with my friend and it seemed understandable. What the selfies was concerned, my friend figured this was something from after his time and that he just wrote his name in full seemed normal too. I mean if you have to write your name in full Richard Dean Anderson maybe over 200-250 times and there is someone who wants it written to themselves that's going to take a lot of time. Funny thing is Laurie sort of offered it as I heard it to the people in front of me.

Anyway here are few pictures (sorry about the quality, it was a cellphone) and a video. More will probably come later. I'm beat and hungry and it's almost midnight so...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 2 April 2016 - 04:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Those are cool! Glad to hear you had such a great experience! He seems so nice! smile.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 2 April 2016 - 07:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Very cool story!

It does get a bit overwhelming, but yes he certainly is genuine when he meets fans.

PM                                                                     
MacsJeep
Posted: 3 April 2016 - 12:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:

I think you summed it up when you said "teddy bear." That's just how I felt when I had my photo taken and he put his arm around me. We did speak, but I have never been able to remember what I said, or what he answered!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 3 April 2016 - 03:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Awesome, MacGyverGod! Sounds like you enjoyed yourself very much! biggrin.gif

MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 April 2016 - 05:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Yeah, I really did.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 3 April 2016 - 08:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

That's fantastic, MacGyverGod! And very gentlemanly of you to offer a spot on the photo-shoot to the other lady.

Perhaps you should have auditioned for the new MacGyver role. smile.gif

Very happy for you mate. Sounds like it was an amazing experience. Laurie Holden is very cool. I loved her in the X-Files & the Mist.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 05:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I figured this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I thought why not. I do have to say, I haven't felt the way I did that day in a very long time. Maybe if you saw me a few weeks ago you'd have thought: he'll never do that. And the fact he actually took me under his arm and held me close meant a lot to me. Like the fatherly hug, I never had. All the frustration I had, just vanished and I feel different since. It's like he took the weight of my shoulders. It's like I have the energy again to do the things that need to be done. Like I said a few rough years and the past seven months were especially hard and now it's like what was the big deal. Just Mac's gentle touch did it for me. This guy has healing powers.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 05:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 5 April 2016 - 02:15 AM)
This guy has healing powers.

He's MacGyver. He can fix anything. macsak.gif

It seems like he has really exceeded your expectations which is awesome.

Meeting the one person you have idolized and looked up to more than any other person in your whole life is quite an experience and it certainly seems that it wasn't lost on you. biggrin.gif

thumbsup.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 06:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Yeah and I didn't know what to expect. Just figured another day with my best friend but not getting to know other peoples and sharing photos with them and my idol. This was a really welcome experience. I've been kinda depressed in the past months because I don't have work right now. But this warm, loving and fatherly touch kinda indeed fixed it. It didn't give me job though but I sure feel a lot better. And I haven't smiled like this in years. Here are the photos.

user posted image
The shoot. I'm on the right as you might have guessed. biggrin.gif

user posted image
His autograph.

user posted image
Me in the DeLorean. There is also one of me at the van of the A-Team but I have to ask my friend for the picture because he took it.

user posted image
Laurie Holden's signature.

user posted image
Laurie and me.

Just click the tumbnails.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 07:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Love the photos, MacGyverGod! Thanks for sharing your pictures and telling us about your meeting with the MAN! biggrin.gif I Would love to meet RDA some day! smile.gif

MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 08:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Maybe you will someday. smile.gif

I hope I find some more photos or videos. I'm looking for the Q&A session online but it'll probably take some time before everything is updated. I did find one but it's too poor quality.

I'll keep you guys posted.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 08:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Went searching for Q&A videos, and I found this! Does this ring a bell?

themacgyverproject
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 09:03 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:The Gauntlet

Awesome story! smile.gif

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacsJeep
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 09:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:

What a lovely photo! smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 10:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

MacGyver1985: Yeah, I was there, I sat on the other side of the room, and I actually didn't like that question to be honest. Why bring up terrorism when you're somewhere and someone where that shouldn't matter? Everybody goes there to have a good time and not to think about current threats.

Anyway, here are the Q&A's in full of both Saturday and Sunday and an interview with RTL-TVI.

http://www.rdanderson.com/

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 10:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Yeah, the terrorism thing is on people's minds and you can't really blame them for that. But, really, it is a bit ridiculous and it's this thing you see over & over again with these fandom thingies, where the fans can't seem to separate the reality side from fiction side. Really, what would Mac do? Dunno, but the reality is in these terrorism things is that they are saying that you only have about 5-10 minutes max to do 'something'. Mac generally had a lot more time than that, so imo, he would have to act even faster in this day and age.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 12:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Still plenty of episodes that involves terrorism. I didn't like the question, is all. An honest question maybe but nothing I would wanna ask him. It looks like I haven't missed that much after all, maybe 10-12 minutes. And also his Sunday Q&A was nice, except no one knows how to articulate in the mike or something.

Anyway he seemed to be have a great time and appreciated being here. Maybe a possibility he'll come back? biggrin.gif

I just love that big bear! happy_dance.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 01:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Episode:Twice Stung

These are awesome! Thanks for sharing! MacG.gif thumbsup.gif I'm at a loss about security and SAKs. I can think of a lot more deadly weapons out there, and at a RDA convention? Come on now....everybody will have a SAK!!

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 03:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I just kept it at home for certainty. We were nearly patted down and there were few regulations about bags. Bags weren't allow bigger than an A4 format. And backpacks weren't allowed at all, but there were lockers at our disposal so it wasn't so bad and just like Mac I like to travel lightly. biggrin.gif But besides that near pat down they did scan us, so they didn't take any risks at all. Besides he refused to sign SAKS.

Actually there was one contrariety though because they were selling like katanas and sais and stuff. I don't know, go figure.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 4 April 2016 - 04:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Barry Rowland @ 5 April 2016 - 10:39 AM)
I'm at a loss about security and SAKs.  I can think of a lot more deadly weapons out there, and at a RDA convention?  Come on now....everybody will have a SAK!!

Belgium is in heightened alert after the terror attacks in Brussels a couple of weeks ago. It makes perfect sense that they would be extremely tight on security at the moment.... Remember the weeks, months, years after 911 in the US?

And yes MG is right, RDA doesn't sign SAKs or Duct Tape, hasn't done for a few years now... Too hard to sign apparently. . He does hundreds of signings in a single day so it makes sense that he wants to make it as comfortable for himself as he can

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 5 April 2016 - 12:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Episode:The Human Factor

Love the pics, MacGyverGod! thumbsup.gif

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! smile.gif

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 April 2016 - 01:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 5 April 2016 - 01:21 AM)
QUOTE (Barry Rowland @ 5 April 2016 - 10:39 AM)
I'm at a loss about security and SAKs.  I can think of a lot more deadly weapons out there, and at a RDA convention?  Come on now....everybody will have a SAK!!

Belgium is in heightened alert after the terror attacks in Brussels a couple of weeks ago. It makes perfect sense that they would be extremely tight on security at the moment.... Remember the weeks, months, years after 911 in the US?

And yes MG is right, RDA doesn't sign SAKs or Duct Tape, hasn't done for a few years now... Too hard to sign apparently. . He does hundreds of signings in a single day so it makes sense that he wants to make it as comfortable for himself as he can

Yes indeed. It's been two weeks now. The alert has gone from phase 4 to 3 again but the security is still tight. I'm pretty sure he didn't arrive in Brussels-Zaventem. A lot of flights were diverted to other airports in the country. The restoration of the airport is going to take months and everyone who wants to take a flight has to appear four hours earlier instead of two on the airport because they are really checking everything. So I wouldn't be suprised if they checked his luggage as well.

Yeah well, I understand that he wants to make himself as comfortable as he can. I guess that's why he asked for the fan, to cool down. Seems only natural I suppose. I'm just glad he came after all because there were a few cancellations after the attacks, I heard. Mostly comic book drawers, no one I know, really.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 April 2016 - 02:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Here's the aftermovie.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 5 April 2016 - 10:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Cool pictures! thanks for sharing.

I like the DeLorean setup they had there. Looks cool.

PM                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll