Mystery Solved!, The exact MacGyver jacket Revealed!!!
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
lexscape
Posted: 18 September 2011 - 07:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Here it is.......drum roll please........the jacket is made by Chevignon. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5#ht_518wt_1299 I have a video production company and I was able to blow up a freeze frame of the jacket when MacGyver took it off. I think it was in the episode where he was skiing and there was some microfilm put in his ski pole. Now, the label itself, wasn't quite legible, but if you look at the pattern of the label and compare it to Chevignon, there's no question. The jacket I have listed is a Chevignon jacket, but my label is slightly different. Chevignon has several different labels on that particular jacket. Notice that MacGyver's zipper is on the opposite side-like you would have to zip it up with your left hand. Also, notice the criss cross stitching on the wind flap. I have bought many Raider jackets over the years, and nothing comes close. I even bought the one from the link on this forum's store site. It is a very nice jacket, but it's not like the Chevignon jacket. It's more like the one MacGyver had in the later seasons, with the white lining. At some point they retired the Chevignon he wore. It's almost like they made a version as close as they could, which they did for the stunt jacket. Notice in the episode where MacGyver trips the bully in the parking lot when he tries to stomp on the jacket. The frames where it's pulled up from under him shows the jacket didn't have the tartan lining, but a white lining, and then the tartan lining again. They used the "double" so the Chevignon wouldn't get messed up. Notice the episode where MacGyver was held captive when the Phoenix Foundation is taken over. The stunt guy runs down the stairs exposing the "B" jacket or stunt jacket, with the white lining. My Chevignon jacket has the identical tartan lining from the earlier seasons. Now, Chevignon made many jackets with the zippered front. Be careful, because there are some models that look like MacGyver's at first glance, but without the tartan lining, and perhaps without the dark brown elastic wrist and waist bands, etc.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lexscape
Posted: 18 September 2011 - 07:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Not sure if the link worked...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Chevignon-Brown-Leather-Flight-Jacket-/260856841135?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item3cbc4783af#ht_518wt_1398

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Makedde
Posted: 18 September 2011 - 10:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Hell Week
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I hope the seller has enough of those, because I plan on buying one!

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 18 September 2011 - 10:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Yep I think you've done it.

That looks exactly like MacGyver's jacket.

Excellent work! happy_dance.gif

QUOTE (Makedde)
Looks like it's just the one jacket. Also looks like it's only available within the US. sad.gif

I just checked out Chevignon's web site. It looks like they still make the flight jackets, but not that exact style any more.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lexscape
Posted: 19 September 2011 - 03:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

It's available world-wide. I just need to figure out how to make that clear on Ebay. I'm just not sure how to calculate shipping for that. That isn't the only jacket I have. I own four...-2 extra larges, one large (that's posted, now,) and one medium that I had a leather expert make slightly bigger. Can someone please tell me how I can post pics to this forum? I'd like to show pics from my collection so people can compare how the brands differ from each other in color and texture. I will say the closet jacket to the Chevignon, in my collection is made by Scully, however, that's relatively speaking. Nothing even comes close to the softness and texture of that particular Chevignon jacket. The way it's distressed almost almost helps it sparkle, the way it catches light. This is why MacGyver's jacket sometimes looked like it was wet, depending on the lighting. That particular jacket is also extremely rare. I would say about one jacket pops up about every two years or so for sale online. It would be great to get Chevignon to re-release that jacket, especially since the movie is coming out. Maybe it could be the MacGyver special edition jacket, kind of like Marty McFly's futuristic Nike Shoes from recent. Chevignon may not know that Richard Dean Anderson used their brand to make their jacket famous.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacAlon
Posted: 19 September 2011 - 04:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Several SAKs

Favorites
Episode:Many

lexscape, thank you very much for the info!!
It´s the most important information of the MacGyver world fans!!

Regards

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacDriver
Posted: 19 September 2011 - 06:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Sportsman

Favorites
Episode:The Heist

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 19 September 2011 - 06:37 PM)
Yep I think you've done it.

That looks exactly like MacGyver's jacket.

Excellent work!  happy_dance.gif

QUOTE (Makedde)
Looks like it's just the one jacket. Also looks like it's only available within the US. sad.gif

I just checked out Chevignon's web site. It looks like they still make the flight jackets, but not that exact style any more.

If you want one I can always take care of shipping it wink.gif

EDIT: I just read down a few posts and caught that he is doing worldwide shipping, never mind.

"It's a real ugly thing to see in a dog. It's even worse in a human being." --The Golden Triangle

"I'd like a 16-inch pizza, run it through the garden, hold the chovies." -- The Eraser

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lexscape
Posted: 19 September 2011 - 07:58 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Here is the picture proof...smile.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lexscape
Posted: 19 September 2011 - 08:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Here is the one I have that is a size Large...

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lexscape
Posted: 19 September 2011 - 08:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Here is the back of it...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lexscape
Posted: 19 September 2011 - 08:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

It's a very soft leather..

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lexscape
Posted: 19 September 2011 - 08:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Notice that there were more than one jacket...

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lexscape
Posted: 19 September 2011 - 08:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

more than one jacket...

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Makedde
Posted: 19 September 2011 - 08:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

Hope this guy can wait until next week when I can buy it. Assuming I get in before you guys!

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 19 September 2011 - 10:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Makedde @ 20 September 2011 - 04:34 PM)
Hope this guy can wait until next week when I can buy it. Assuming I get in before you guys!

um... it's an auction... so whoever has the highest bid when it closes in 3 days time wins it. There's no waiting until next week.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 20 September 2011 - 01:36 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Now we know who made the brown jacket, and I wish i had the money to get this baby, but I'm straped for cash.

on ebay there are more then a few that look like MacGyver's jacket.

[URL=ebay jackets]http://www.ebay.com/sch/Mens-Clothing-/1059/i.html?_nkw=avirex+leather+jacket[/URL]

Makedde
Posted: 20 September 2011 - 10:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 20 September 2011 - 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (Makedde @ 20 September 2011 - 04:34 PM)

um... it's an auction... so whoever has the highest bid when it closes in 3 days time wins it. There's no waiting until next week.

I wonder if he'll be selling anymore? Or if he'd accept that I'll buy it and hold it for me...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 20 September 2011 - 11:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Ask him.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Makedde
Posted: 22 September 2011 - 12:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

After further reading the description, I don't want this jacket. Maybe another one. I don't want it with signs of wear and it should have working zipper!

I'd happily get another one as long as it was in excellent condition.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 22 September 2011 - 07:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

before they sold it they should of fixed the zipper.

lexscape
Posted: 22 September 2011 - 06:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

The zipper does work, but it's just missing the little piece that you pull with your fingers. I may be able to fix that. It came that way when I bought it. Another one of my jackets was the same way, and I fixed it with a charm and a small piece of metal. I've never worn that jacket, so I didn't notice the zipper until I was taking pictures of it for Ebay. Every jacket I own came with some signs of wear. Even MacGyver's jacket shows signs of wear, especially in the picture of I posted of him kissing Penny Parker. Look at the back of it. There may be more out there in perfect or excellent condition, but I would guess that would be the exception instead of the rule. I've been searching the web for almost a decade and have found only four. This jacket shows minimal signs of wear, since it's mainly under the arm, which is not that visible. I also forget to mention that another thing that makes this jacket unique from other company's versions is that the zippered front pockets slant in a diagonal direction, just like MacGyver's. Notice that on the other "similar" style jackets the zippered front is more straight or horizontal to the waistline. So far from my personal research that seems to be a Chevignon trait. Thanks for the interest though fellow fans! By the way, I think in the episode where MacGyver's in Budapest with the gypsy kid, you can get a glimpse of the Chevignon label.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacAlon
Posted: 23 September 2011 - 01:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

Favorites

This jacket is not bad, although I prefer the new G-2 of MacGyver (Blood Brothers, The Invisible Killer...). I think the new G-2 is made by Gibson-Barnes. I say this, especially the detail of how they are made ​​the horizontal pockets of the jacket.
I can see one of the old Gibson Barnes Raider G-2 in lambskin and I think it´s the same second brown jacket of MacGyver.
Another thing that makes me think it's a G & B is the sleeve, made of only two pieces (one back and other piece front). The Avirex, in the back of the sleeves, were made with two pieces of leather and one on front.

Regards

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lexscape
Posted: 23 September 2011 - 04:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Okay. Compare for yourselves. The color and texture on the Gibson-Barnes is way off from the Chevignon. One unique thing you'll notice on MacGyver's jacket that I haven't seen on other models is the cut and lay of his collar. Notice how the Chevignon collar has a nice flat triangular shape and the Gibson-Barnes is more of an "elephant ear" style. The elastic wrist bands and waistline on the Chevignon are dark brown. I didn't want to go with the light brown that comes on the Gibson-Barnes so I had them customize mine with black. Also notice the armpit area of MacGyver's jacket around the backside. It seems to layer out or puff off, since the leather is so soft. The Gibson-Barnes jacket is more of a hard line cut. If the Gibson-Barnes people made the 2nd version of MacGyver's jacket in the later seasons, they obviously customized one based on the original, but it's not the one they sell to the public.

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lexscape
Posted: 23 September 2011 - 04:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Here's the back...

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacAlon
Posted: 25 September 2011 - 11:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

Favorites

Hello!
Beautifull jackets!!
lexscape, the Gibson&Barnes is cowhide leather? called nappa (cowhide)?
How old is this G&B?
I had one jacket similar, but the size 40R was small for me. I have now a raider goatskin russet G&B and it´s a perfect jacket.

Regards

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 26 September 2011 - 03:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Jackets looks nice did you buy it?

macgybl
Posted: 1 October 2011 - 06:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:The Survivors

What would today's closet jacket be?

Something that can be bought online and in stock?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
angus20
Posted: 1 October 2011 - 06:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:all

Incredible jacket, believe it is the classic one, the one we could see in the first seasons, later on, they changed the jacket to another truly similar but without the red colors you can see inside the jacket.

Good luck to the guy who buy it! sakopen.gif

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
lexscape
Posted: 6 October 2011 - 07:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Here are my four MacGyver jackets.

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lexscape
Posted: 6 October 2011 - 07:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Here are all my flight jackets. I've been looking for the "real deal" since I was in Middle School. If you're like me, you're not satisfied unless it's the exact one MacGyver wore on the show.

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll