Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

I think it's a coincidence that Kelly is also an actress. And I like her more than Penny.

And I don't think this was meant as a Penny episode since Mac moved to another neighborhood. I really don't think he would like to live in a neighborhood knowing that Penny lives across the street. tongue.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted on 27 June 2014 - 03:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Good point.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted on 28 June 2014 - 07:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

I guess not. laugh.gif

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Grazer
Posted on 28 June 2014 - 04:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:The Eraser

Imagine the look on MacGyver's face if he found out it was Penny living over the road from him.

He might be inclined to move somewhere else FAST! roller.gif

"One time we were on a camping trip. This bear ate all our food! I got all wimpy scared, but my grandpa, he said to me, 'Bud. . . we'll just go grazing.'"

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 28 June 2014 - 04:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

When talking with Mel:

'Wow, did you save that much from the houseboat?'
'I had good smoke detector.'
'MacGyver! Hi, MacGyver!'
Mac sees Penny. Closes the truck again and leaves. biggrin.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Grazer
Posted on 28 June 2014 - 07:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:The Eraser

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 29 June 2014 - 01:13 PM)
When talking with Mel:

'Wow, did you save that much from the houseboat?'
'I had good smoke detector.'
'MacGyver! Hi, MacGyver!'
Mac sees Penny. Closes the truck again and leaves. biggrin.gif

roller.gif

"One time we were on a camping trip. This bear ate all our food! I got all wimpy scared, but my grandpa, he said to me, 'Bud. . . we'll just go grazing.'"

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
cmbj67
Posted on 20 August 2014 - 03:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Cease Fire, but not only

Mac wouldn't have certainly lived in a place knowing that Penny lives across the street. ohmy.gif

I saw this episode yesterday after quite a long time because it's not one of my favourites. Not bad, but others are better.

Starting with the neighborhood, it's a little strange for Mac character. Something unexpected, like the man yelling in the morning, Robo who paints his wall. Also Kelly, like Mac says "If she just could loosen up a little". And Mama Lorraine with her woodoo. Not bad, just strange neighbors.

Also I don't like the music for the bad guys, but it's just a detail.

Not considering these two things, the episode is good, but not so good to watch often. It's probably true that in 7th season they were tired, they repeat some things of previous seasons. RDA wasn't fed up because he liked the character, but he said he was phisically exausted (who wouldn't have been?). So the fact that he knew they were the last episodes didn't encourage him.

I liked MacGyverisms and all in all it's not a bad episode, I voted ok.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MACGYVERISMYDAD
Posted on 20 August 2014 - 07:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Exec. Wenger

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle

I have to vote ok as this is one of the very few episodes that I do not remember what happens in it. Everyother episode I can remember most of what they are about or what happens. This one is just a blur to me. I am sure it was because I didn't care for it much.

Now technically I'm driving a stolen car following a kidnapping... and I didn't even get to have my first cup of coffee. (Mac)
Your burning hot MacGyver... And so is Pete! ! (Murdoc)
Does anyone have a knife?? Yes...it has lots of different blades (Macgyver music plays while mac examines the knief) ...I know
Why are you taking your pants off?? You got a better idea? I'm still trying to figure out what yours is!!

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 11 October 2016 - 11:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: lots of blades

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Negotiator; Endangered
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  ---

QUOTE (Miasma @ 24 August 2010 - 06:48 AM)
Not among the best, but it was nice to just see a fun adventure without any sort of moral or preaching or anything. It's kind of a "guilty pleasure" episode for me.

So the unsubtle message about the importance of having good smoke detectors slipped right past the "preachy script" detectors ...

"They have no idea how well they cast this."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 11 October 2016 - 01:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

It's funny... I never considered MacGyver preachy. I think it was my upbringing.... that and I currently work for a pastor. I always felt MacGyver was pretty laid back in regards to moral stances.

Just me? Probably... XD

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 16 March 2017 - 07:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
House:  ---

I just watched this for the first time. It's a pretty good episode that moves along nicely and with fine mix of character actors. Bobby Lee is channeling J.D in Thelma & Louise, I think. And my gawd, Bozer(present series) is drawn/taken (at least in part) from Robo, I believe. hmm.bmp

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 17 March 2017 - 02:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Oh yeah, interesting that Mama Lorraine uses the term 'mojo'. Before it flooded into the sports vernacular in the 1990s - I had never (knowingly) heard the term - and not until recently did I even know what it meant. And still not 100% certain when heard within certain phrases/descriptions.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

MacGyverGod
Posted on 17 March 2017 - 05:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I think 'mojo' means mostly an object like a talisman or amulet that contains a certain power. Mama Lorraine says Will can't fight her 'mojo'. As she preforms the voodoo trick on him she uses few things out of her bag. In the voodoo religion mojo is mostly something like the bag she has with her containing magical items during the voodoo scene.

Also in The Walking Dead, she says: 'this is evil mojo, MacGyver'. Probably because the doll came out of the voodoo religion and him poking it with his knife might bring bad luck.

Austin Powers also speaks of his mojo in the movies that contains his sexual strength.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 20 March 2017 - 11:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

I don't remember hearing the term in "Live and Let Die" .... which was all about Voodoo and the Americas. But that was the 1970s. If you substitute the word 'magic' in, you can sort of make it work for most usages in the sporting world. Be interested to hear from our American Members and if the word was known to them growing up and/or if they've used it themselves and/or if they recollect a time when it went more viral than not ....

Jediferret
Posted on 21 March 2017 - 05:37 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I don't use the term "mojo" myself. Though, I've heard it used in different contexts. It greatly depends on where you're from too.

When I think of the term "mojo", I think of areas like Louisiana, where voodoo is generally more common.

Magic and witchcraft seems to be a more "southern" thing as well, for whatever reason. For instance, when I moved into my apartment, I found a "freezer prayer" in the back of my freezer... which is a hoodoo spell.

In which case, fire purifies, so I burned the sucker... just in case.

Gotta love the internet... XD

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted on 21 March 2017 - 08:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I can honestly say i don't believe in magic of any sort. A practice known solely by reputation to scare off people who might still hold their superstitions close. I think most of the exposure seen is just forms of theatrics just to make people fear the unknown.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 22 March 2017 - 05:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Magic is actually just creating illusions and tricks. It can be used to entertain (The Prestige, Harry Potter) or scare peoples. Do I believe in magic? I don't know, maybe. It won't hurt to keep an open mind but I think MacGyver's not far off by saying that everything his a logical scientific explanation and that the supernatural is just a way to explain the things we don't understand. But like I said, I like to keep an open mind as well. On the other hand I think most magic, religion and superstition rests on mythology. That's why I think there is so many of them... Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Haitian... Pretty much every culture has their version of the creation and death and magic. And now I'm digging deeper in the voodoo belief and their characters, it sure tickles an interest for me.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted on 22 March 2017 - 08:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

The way I was raised was the spirit world was never something to be messed with, because you can end up inviting demons into your house.

For myself, I never had any experiences with the supernatural. Though, one time I was at work, and I thought I heard voices. It's a five level 160 year old church, and it is believed to be haunted. One of our custodians told me that he sometimes hears muffled voices, and believes spirits of old parishioners still linger in the church.

I have an open mind, but I'm generally skeptical. Usually those things can be explained.

For instance, my mother once claimed she could see demons. But since she'd see these things when she woke up, we believed she had a form of sleep paralysis. Sleep disorders triggered by stress seems to run in my family.

I remember one time I woke up standing in front of a wall trying to kill an invisible spider. XD Happened once, and never happened again.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 22 March 2017 - 09:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Mojos were chewy green, spearmint, nougat candies growing up in Canada ... recipe from the UK, I believe. When I first heard the term, I thought that 'getting your mojo on' was somehow about that .... or getting your 'chew on' or biting into whatever task it was that you were taking on. I was dead wrong. blink.gif laugh.gif

Joe SAKic
Posted on 29 March 2017 - 04:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

An answer on Jeopardy tonight: A skill or craft that you don't want to lose.

I was clueless. unsure.gif

Answer(question):

What is MOJO? blush.gif Just the definition I was looking for though, pretty well sums it all up! thumbup.gif

denizen
Posted on 29 March 2017 - 08:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Well, there you have it! biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
sylvain1888
Posted on 29 November 2020 - 08:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:

QUOTE (Grazer @ 28 June 2014 - 04:05 PM)
Imagine the look on MacGyver's face if he found out it was Penny living over the road from him.

He might be inclined to move somewhere else FAST! roller.gif

roller.gif roller.gif roller.gif roller.gif roller.gif roller.gif roller.gif roller.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 30 November 2020 - 08:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 23 March 2017 == 01:25 AM)
Magic is actually just creating illusions and tricks. It can be used to entertain (The Prestige, Harry Potter) or scare peoples. Do I believe in magic? I don't know, maybe. It won't hurt to keep an open mind but I think MacGyver's not far off by saying that everything his a logical scientific explanation and that the supernatural is just a way to explain the things we don't understand. But like I said, I like to keep an open mind as well. On the other hand I think most magic, religion and superstition rests on mythology. That's why I think there is so many of them... Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Haitian... Pretty much every culture has their version of the creation and death and magic. And now I'm digging deeper in the voodoo belief and their characters, it sure tickles an interest for me.

Actually your talking about two entirely different things.

Illusions are tricks used by conjurers to make people think they are performing magic. We see this in Good Knight MacGyver and of course modern magicians are quite open about the fact that they perform illusions purely for entertainment and wonderment, often referring to their art as "stage magic" for clarity.
These same tricks are also used by "Spiritual healers" and other con artists wishing to convince us that they have some form of spiritual or magical powers we should pay them for. These have been thoroughly debunked over the years by various stage magicians such as Darrin Brown, Penn and Teller and James Randi over the years.

Real magic is the use of spells and other tools to invoke the forces of nature and supernatural to do your bidding. The obvious example these days is Harry Potter, but witches and magicians capable of performing feats of magic are scattered through human history.

I tend to find that if you start digging into "magic" or supernatural, there's usually some pretty interesting science and/or psychology behind it == often both which work to create the "magic". Even stage magic has a lot of psychology behind it on how to control people attention and perceptions.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
sylvain1888
Posted on 3 December 2020 - 09:53 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll