Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

I have seen Gangster Squad last night and I really enjoyed it. Maybe that's thanks to L.A. Noire because I could've sworn this was like the movie of the game with an The Untouchables sauce over it. But I recognised a lot of the locations and mentions from the game in the movie. Maybe with the biggest reference being Mickey Cohen as he appeared in the game and was mentioned in The Black Dahlia en L.A. Confidential. And I also just found out he was real-life gangster.

I think I'm going to stick in this genre for a while, maybe watch Black Dahlia en L.A. Confidential again and I also have bought Lawless and Lonely Hearts. Interesting who recent movies in that era seem to appeal me more than movies that were actually made in that era.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 12 November 2015 - 10:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Twice Stung
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I've not watched any movies of that genre in a looong time....it sounds like it's time again!

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 12 November 2015 - 09:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Episode:The Human Factor

You're slowly becoming a gangster MacGyverGod. laugh.gif

Untouchables was a fantastic movie. Great cast, score, directing. It was a gem. Still have yet to see Gangster Squad but its on my list. Never liked Black Dahlia as much as I thought I would.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 13 November 2015 - 03:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I just saw Lonely Hearts. Same era with John Travolta and the late James Gandolfini as cops trying to solve the Lonely Hearts murders. The movie is made by the grandson of the cop who is played by John Travolta. It was a little more dramatic and less action as in Gangster Squad. I do have to say I was a bit sad the movie was over. It lasted 1h48 minutes but I wouldn't have mind that it lasted a bit longer. But it was another great one.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 13 November 2015 - 03:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

If you enjoy those kinds of movies based on that era, I recommend watching Shutter Island if you haven't seen it yet.

Oh and Road to Perdition with Paul Newman.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 30 November 2015 - 03:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

They're airing all these James Bond movies now. Last one I saw was A View To A Kill. Funny to see such a young Christopher Walker. Oddly enough I kinda enjoyed the movie. I never thought I would enjoy an old James Bond movie and there are still many more to come. Last night they aired Moonraker. I'm getting more and more curious to them despite the sometimes cheesy effects and unlikely escapes like having James surfing down an iceberg and a wave while holding a parachute to steer. And that was in Die Another Day from 2002. You'd think cheesy escapes like that already belonged to the past back than. Anyway, also interesting is that I recognised Walter Gotell in A View To A Kill and as an ally of James. I wonder who else I will meet in these movies. License To Kill had Christopher Neame in a very small part. I think he even only had one scene. Anyway I'm curious to the older James Bond now, that's for sure.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Mr Duct Tape
Posted: 30 November 2015 - 08:53 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

The last good ones I saw were:

Network (1976)

The Mission (1986)

"Ok hotshot, so you got yourself a golden brown palomino between your legs, and NO reins. Now what?"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 December 2015 - 03:27 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Had me a few Stephen King adaptations. The Shining (tv-version), The Stand, It, The Langoliers.

I really wanted to talk about It actually. It's full of MacGyver actors. Though mostly just showing face. There is Sheila Moore (Passages) who plays Eddie's mom. Jay Brazeau (Kill Zone/The Gun) as a cab driver. Frank C. Turner (Halloween Knights, MacGyver's Women, Back From The Dead) as Al Marsh. He plays Bevvie's father and I think has the most screentime of all the Mac-actors. Garry Chalk (Thin Ice, Deadly Dreams, The Ten Percent Solution) plays the coach and Claire Brown (Thin Ice, Legend of the Holy Rose, Serenity, Twenty Questions), now apparently known as Claire Vardiel who plays Ben's mom. Also Victoria Burrows was part of the movie as casting director. The same work she did for MacGyver. Her name is mentioned as the name of one of Pennywise's victims in a drain.

The film was shot in New Westminster in British Columbia. The whole thing actually feels like Blood Brothers. A group of friends growing up during the summer in late 50's/early 60's, facing this monster and promise to come back if It ever comes back to life and they do so 30 years later. Sounds like Mac, Neil, Chuck and Jesse are the kids, the gun is the monster and the promise is the same. You know the actor who plays the adult Bill kinda reminded me of Sean in Blood Brothers. Maybe it's because it was filmed in British Columbia, I don't know, I think it just got this whole Blood Brothers feel. Maybe a good idea to have MacGyver experience his own Stephen King-like story in his youth.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 26 December 2015 - 04:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Now well into the Friday 13th movies. I only miss part 9 and the remake. I saw part 8 last night. It was written and directed by Rob Hedden. I was going like: 'What?' Of course being the 8th movie in the franchise this one is considered one of the worst movies. Despite a few cheesy effects and mostly lightning, the movie itself was alright. It's horror, so what do you expect? Hot teens waiting to be slaughtered. The killings were brutal enough for my taste. By casting Kane Hodder they finally got the Jason they way he should be. It took 'em 6 movies though. Big, strong, crushing, breaking, smashing, pulverizing his victims. Also a few familiar faces like Ken Kirzinger (Ghost Ship/Jerico Games), he would also take over the role in Freddy vs. Jason. I think my biggest surprise was to see Rico from The Challenge and the sniper from Cease Fire together as gangmembers. Also there was dog called Toby in the movie whose real name was actually Ace. I figured it was the same dog used in Kill Zone but the dog has no credit on his name for that. Maybe it was another dog but they looked the same.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 26 December 2015 - 08:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The Friday the 13th movies are iconic. Cheesy or not, people love them. They are already working on another reboot. And then theres the recently released game.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 31 December 2015 - 02:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Iconic in his own way perhaps. If you really start analyzing Jason is only a rip-off of Halloween. The mute killer going after the babes. That's what makes Halloween so classic because it was the first of it's kind. Friday the 13th just wanted a piece of the cake. A Nightmare on Elm Street is different because Freddy (Robert Englund) is a personality and teens have to figure out what's going on and have to work together to beat him.

Anyway sometimes the Friday the 13th concept is all I ask while they're actually constantly the same. Not much of a story, a few killings, the unlikely hero and the death of the killer (again), end credits. Plain and simple 90 minutes. Now I just hope I can find part 9 somewhere.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 1 January 2016 - 07:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

I just watched "A Walk in the Woods" with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte. It's a funny movie, but I have the book and found it alot funnier! Not bad, but it lost alot of the humor in the movie interpretation, in my opinion. Anyone else see it?

Barry

"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver1985
Posted: 2 January 2016 - 03:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

One of my favourite movies biggrin.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

Barry Rowland
Posted: 2 January 2016 - 07:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

Now THAT'S a great movie! I love it and the soundtrack with it! thumbsup.gif

Barry

"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 9 January 2016 - 05:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Now I'm about to finish up A Nightmare On Elm Street. Two more to go plus the remake. I'm telling you what I have found out today about A Nightmare On Elm Street. We all know Freddy is played by Robert Englund aka Tim Wexler from Flame's End but in the remake it's Jackie Earle Haley. And until earlier today I never figured him as the guy from the Last Stand episode. Lateral cranial impact enhancer, anyone? I just also found out the heroine from Nightmare 4 & 5 is actually Lisa Wilcox... we better know her as Janet from Hell Week. You'd be surprised who you actually find in certain movies. And I gotta be honest, I never realized it was her.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 24 January 2016 - 08:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

user posted image
I finally got around to watching the Hateful Eight. Thjis new feature by Tarantino is certainly an interesting one albeit rather long.

Basic premise without revealing any spoilers...
Set several years after the Civil War, a coach is on its way to the town of Red Rock. It's passengers, bounty hunter John Ruth and his fugitive Daisy Domergue. Along the road, they encounter two strangers: Major Marquis Warren, a black former union soldier turned infamous bounty hunter, and Chris Mannix, a southern renegade who claims to be the town's new Sheriff. Losing their lead on an approaching blizzard, the four seek refuge at Minnie's Haberdashery, a stopover on a mountain pass, where they are greeted by four unfamiliar faces and an unexpected turn of events...

As usual, you get the best dialogue featured in any movie and intriguing characters although not all very likable. Hateful Eight is probably not Tarantino's finest but it certainly is high up there. And with a fantastic score by legendary composer Ennio Morricone, makes for an interesting watch that fill the great shoes. 4 stars!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 January 2016 - 04:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

That's another one for Mac's collection. biggrin.gif

Last night I've seen The Color Purple for the very first time. It was one of the very few from Spielberg I haven't seen yet. Whoopi Goldberg's and Oprah Winfrey's film debuts. I actually only know Goldberg from Ghost and a brief cameo in Loaded Weapon 1. And I noticed Margaret Avery as Shug, we all know from Gunz 'N Boyz. The movie itself was very good and with Danny Glover as her violent husband. Gotta say I was impressed by Whoopi on how she played the shy, smile-covering Celie. She really has a great smile.

Good movie!

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 31 January 2016 - 03:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Scream. biggrin.gif

Guess who played the principal? tongue.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 31 January 2016 - 08:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

user posted image

Not that I would put it in the ranks of "Great" but we saw Goosebumps on the weekend and found it pleasantly entertaining. Think of it as an eerie version of Jumanji. biggrin.gif

Basic premise without revealing any spoilers? Zach Cooper (Dylan Minnette) & his mom move to a new town & a new home where he meets his neighbour Hannah (Odeya Rush) along with her short tempered father (Jack Black). All is seemingly well till one nights assumed domestic disturbance leads Zach to investigate the neighbours house under suspicion that Hannah might be in danger. Instead, Zach mistakenly unleashes a force he did not expect...

For a family flick, it makes for great fun. Slappy the dummy reminded me a little of Sid the dummy in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Which was a good thing).

Its all good cheers and laughs. 3 1/2 stars from me!
user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 1 February 2016 - 02:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Not great? It looks really terrible.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 1 February 2016 - 03:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

It plays out better than it looks. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 1 February 2016 - 05:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Well, finally saw Star Wars this weekend! My sister and I had to travel into the city to go see it though. Anyway, OMG! The feels! It's much better than the previous three... but I'm still processing the ending.

It kinda makes me want to go back to the original three and watch them again. biggrin.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 1 February 2016 - 08:43 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Glad you finally saw it and enjoyed it! It was rather good, wasn't it? biggrin.gif

Now this year we have Rogue One - A Star Wars Story (Silly title!)
And next year we have Star Wars Episode VIII
And then we have the untitled Han Solo spin-off origin movie
AAAnd then we have Star Wars Episode IX
AAAaannndd then we have a Boba Fett spin off movie!!! thumbsup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 2 February 2016 - 02:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Are those all confirmed. VIII, IX and Rogue I know but those other two?

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 2 February 2016 - 06:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

All except for the Boba Fett movie but according to sources its 99% going to happen.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 2 February 2016 - 09:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

It was REALLY good! Thankfully I wasn't too spoiled on some of the main parts of the story, so a lot of it came as a shock. One of which I'll probably never recover from. I'm still trying to recuperate! lol

That being said... I'm shutting up now. XD

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 2 February 2016 - 09:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Scream 2.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 2 February 2016 - 05:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Scream 3. Looks like Beth Toussaint was the caller at the start of the movie with Cotton Weary. I guess we know her better as Dawn Rigel from The Visitor. Check her out on IMDB. She looks like Linda Hamilton.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Mr Duct Tape
Posted: 3 February 2016 - 03:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

The Revenant

great movie with a terrific performance by Leo. The cinematography is stunning and the soundtrack really good. thumbsup.gif

"Ok hotshot, so you got yourself a golden brown palomino between your legs, and NO reins. Now what?"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 February 2016 - 05:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Scream 4.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (38) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll