Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

My assumption is that for a situation like Live and Learn, he probably volunteered his time. Kinda like when he was working with the deaf kids in Silent World... which, I may be wrong on this, I always assumed he volunteered for.

It would make some sort of sense though. Phoenix, I believe, is a non-profit organization and sometimes works with the government, so they're probably tax exempt. Phoenix kinda makes me think of a more broad Red Cross.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 13 September 2017 - 09:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Twice Stung
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I can see Mac doing a lot of volunteer work. He lives fairly minimalist, so the need for a ton of income really isn't there. I think Phoenix would be a blast to work for....just the variety of things you could get into would be so much fun. Imagine, too, working for Pete!! happy_dance.gif

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted: 14 September 2017 - 02:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Classic SD Pink

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Nomad

QUOTE (Barry Rowland @ 14 September 2017 - 12:07 AM)
I can see Mac doing a lot of volunteer work.  He lives fairly minimalist, so the need for a ton of income really isn't there.  I think Phoenix would be a blast to work for....just the variety of things you could get into would be so much fun.  Imagine, too, working for Pete!!  happy_dance.gif

I would *love* to work for Pete. He's such a sweetie and he's one of those people that I would never, ever want to disappoint or let down. And given how much crazy stuff he has to put up with, however much they're paying Pete for his job, it ain't enough. laugh.gif

"I am not mad. I'm just very, very determined." ------Murdoc, 'Cleo Rocks'

"What is the color of night?" ------Oblivion

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

Highly Illogical. Delightfully Useless. Achtung Y'All.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 14 September 2017 - 10:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Episode:Twice Stung

I absolutely agree!! thumbsup.gif

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacFan77
Posted: 14 September 2017 - 11:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Camper

Favorites
Episode:Pilot and Ghost Ship
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Yeah, I think working for Pete would be awesome.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 14 September 2017 - 11:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

We come up with the brains and he can provide up with the paychecks. But yeah, Phoenix would be a blast to work with. They have such variety in expertise. You don't like data, numbers there is definitely something else for you. I would work there. Same arrangement as Mac of course.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 14 September 2017 - 05:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams

This is just my personal preference, but I think I'd rather work with Phoenix instead of for Phoenix. I wouldn't mind working with Pete and MacGyver on some sort of volunteer thing. That would be fun!

In my mind, working for Phoenix would be like working for Disney. Great as a visitor, not as a employee... for various reasons. XD

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted: 14 September 2017 - 06:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Classic SD Pink

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Nomad

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 14 September 2017 - 08:11 PM)
This is just my personal preference, but I think I'd rather work with Phoenix instead of for Phoenix. I wouldn't mind working with Pete and MacGyver on some sort of volunteer thing. That would be fun!

In my mind, working for Phoenix would be like working for Disney. Great as a visitor, not as a employee... for various reasons. XD

That's a good point. A lot of MacGyver's friends end up dead and a lot of Phoenix employees wind up in some very unpleasant scenarios. Like all the deadly viruses and whatnot. Maybe it'd be better to be a consultant for the Phoenix Foundation and just work on certain types of projects.

"I am not mad. I'm just very, very determined." ------Murdoc, 'Cleo Rocks'

"What is the color of night?" ------Oblivion

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

Highly Illogical. Delightfully Useless. Achtung Y'All.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 14 September 2017 - 08:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
House:  Loft

I think it be really cool to have a job like MacGyver's. Ya know, as long as I didn't get killed... biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 15 September 2017 - 05:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (Barry Rowland @ 9 September 2017 - 04:21 AM)
I agree!  All that and still generous....I love his lifestyle!  To me, that's the pinnacle of success....minimalist living and an exciting way to earn a living!

It might be an exciting life style when your watching it on TV, but I can guarantee you living with your life in danger every other week in real life would be VERY stressful and detrimental to your health so you'd want full medical coverage and a damn good income to make it worth while.

I've always thought that because he was the "contractor you call to take the special assignments no-one else could or would take", Mac was very well imbursed for his work and as we've already heard in For Love or Money we actually hear a figure of $250,000.

I also think Mac didn't really live the thrifty life style we all imagine. He was no doubt good with his money and had plenty saved away, but if you actually look at what he owns he seems to be a pretty normal spender....

He runs 3 cars plus a motorcycle - that alone is not cheap to keep up insurance and maintenance costs.
He has relatively new looking furniture.
Always has pretty new looking clothes - except for the bomber jacket.
He owned computers before they were cheap and common
He has a very expensive table hockey game.

As Joe pointed out his hockey equipment wouldn't be cheap either.

I think he lived a fairly simple life style but I don't think he had any qualms about spending money if he wanted something and obviously had plenty of it saved away.

If he's paying $1000 per month, that's only $250 per week not that much really.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 16 September 2017 - 01:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

He's not a cheap skate but he will sure know how to use his money. Yet, I find it interesting that he just quit the Foundation to travel with his son while a long leave of at least three months would've done the trick. In Trail To Doomsday he says he saw plenty of KGB-pens in "his time". So I think that would mean he was still retired at the time. That makes me wonder, was Mac set for life? He was in his forties at the time. He said goodbye to a rather exciting life for his son but still he clearly had bills and rent to pay. And indeed he did have 3 cars and a motorbike to maintain. I guess we only can keep guessing. I'm sure he still had plenty to do after his career with Phoenix but it just seems so unlikely he would give up his job for his son and like never go back for guy who lived a pretty active life. Of course, plenty of travelling and other causes like the Challenger's Club to spend time with. But he's not the guy to spend his time behind a desk in a dead-end job. I think he did went back unless he was set for life. I just can't imagine him not working again for his own support.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll