Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Did anyone else find it funny how Mac wears his baggy blue jeans hocked up high around his waist? Particularly at the back

He never use to do it in the earlier seasons, maybe it has to do with the baggier style of jeans he wears in later seasons.

In some scenes it looks really goofy.

laugh.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 25 November 2006 - 12:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I think it has to do with the style of the jeans then. In the late 80's and early 90's jeans were cut with a higher waist and looser in the seat and leg. The jeans Mac is wearing look like Levi Silver Tabs (I had a pair that I LIVED in) and that was the way they fit.

We have seen so many pairs of low rise jeans lately, that the style of Mac's jeans looks odd to us now.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 November 2006 - 02:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

They're all like that if you look at movies. To me his clothes still look the same as fashion goes now. Of course there are always differences. Most pants sleeves covers up you're shoes nearly completely.
I don't really care about fashion or the ways of fashion, as long as I have clothes... that's most important.
Long live those 80's and 90's.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 25 November 2006 - 05:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2

Did anyone else find it funny how Mac wears his baggy blue jeans hocked up high around his waist? Particularly at the back

I think it has to do with the style of the jeans then. In the late 80's and early 90's jeans were cut with a higher waist and looser in the seat and leg.

laugh.gif I noticed that, too...I always thought the saggy-butt look was a little unappealing! laugh.gif

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted: 25 November 2006 - 12:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
House:  Observatory

That was the style for blue jeans in the late 1980s and early 90s. Looks pretty cool to me- but I really don't care about fashion. And I particularly don't pay much attention at all to fashion when I'm watching MacGyver! tongue.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 November 2006 - 12:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Me neither. Just look at the way they were dressed in The A-Team or Magnum or in Happy Days.
Within 10, 20 years we're going to laugh on how Jack Bauer was dressed in 24. But who cares?

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 25 November 2006 - 12:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I'm not a fasion person either.. but I can't help notcing how goofy those hocked up jeans look. Its only noticable when his shirt is tucked into the jeans.. so the belt is visable and you can see how high up he's wearing them.

its just funny laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 November 2006 - 04:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Don't think it's funny. But that's the reason my friends taught me to keep my T-shirts out of my pants.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 26 November 2006 - 09:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6

Ok I will go waaaaaaay out on a limb and totally date myself, but I used to have a pair of jeans that were very high waisted (4 inches above the waistline) and loose in the butt and leg. I wore them with a very tight black long sleeve shirt tucked in and a double wrapped black leather belt. This was a Friday night going out dancing wardrobe staple. tongue.gif

You all can stop laughing now, its not that funny.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Amy
Posted: 27 November 2006 - 05:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2

Ok I will go waaaaaaay out on a limb and totally date myself, but I used to have a pair of jeans that were very high waisted (4 inches above the waistline) and loose in the butt and leg. I wore them with a very tight black long sleeve shirt tucked in and a double wrapped black leather belt. This was a Friday night going out dancing wardrobe staple.

laugh.gif roller.gif laugh.gif roller.gif

You all can stop laughing now, its not that funny.

huh.gif blush.gif

OK...I do recall that terrible high waisted pants era...but I don't remember any of my pants being real loose in the butt and legs. I do remember the belts, though!!! laugh.gif And unsure.gif pegging my jeans.

Back on the subject...sometimes when you get a shot of Mac from the back, it just looks to me like he's got his belt cinched up too tight or something because the jeans are so baggy in the back...I just don't think he pulled off that look very well!

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 27 November 2006 - 07:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ Nov 25 2006, 02:31 PM)

He never use to do it in the earlier seasons, maybe it has to do with the baggier style of jeans he wears in later seasons.

In some scenes it looks really goofy.

laugh.gif

Rick had back surgery in 88. The incision was lower back, right around the waistband area. Maybe he started wearing the higher banded jeans because the area bothered him? unsure.gif

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 28 November 2006 - 01:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Hmm...Sounds like a pretty feasible explanation. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll