Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

@Jedi @mac85 thanks, I'm feeling better today. It just felt like I had the flu, sore muscles in my head, back, chest, etc. Guess it's time to try a new Chinese place laugh.gif

@MacG maybe try gratiing cheese yourself? I don't think just grated cheese would cause problems unless regular cheese did as well, but some sort of preservative might

My mom is allergic to walnuts. She used to eat them all the time, but one day, it was Jedi's story about the Brazil nut

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 15 May 2019 - 09:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
Vehicle: Jeep
House:  Loft

Yeah, I was gonna suggest the grating it yourself thing. But I dunno. Allergies are kinda weird like that...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 15 May 2019 - 09:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

So I made a DeviantArt account for the best of my artwork (not all of it, because only some of it came out "good enough" in my eyes tongue.gif )

Found an adoptable I wanted, but had no points. I was hoping the owner would agree to hold it for me or something, but she just gifted it freely as a "welcome to the site" thing, and it knocked me back happy_dance.gif

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted: 16 May 2019 - 08:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
House:  Loft

Cool! thumbsup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AmigaDeVenezuela
Posted: 16 May 2019 - 08:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Partners and Friends
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 15 May 2019 - 05:18 AM)
@MacGod - Sounds like you had a bad bag of cheese. I know they put stuff on the cheese to keep it from clumping...I looked it up, it's called cellulose... or powdered wood pulp. At least, that's what is done here in the US. Overseas, I don't know.

If it's never bothered you before, and it was just that one bag, I would assume that bag might have been bad. I would try another brand.

The older I got, the more allergies I've picked up. I was shocked when I hate a Brazil Nut and I had a bad allergic reaction to it... like my throat closed up. So now I have to stay away from it. I don't process dairy like I used to either.

Heavily fried, processed foods, pizza and alcohol all make me feel bad now. Even too much coffee makes me feel bad. I started making protein smoothies at home, and my body LOVES those, but I get bored with them rather fast.

Also, MSG is basically bad sodium in processed foods. Remember when Mac told Pete to tell the Chinese place to hold the MSG in Out in the Cold? Its bad stuff. My mother couldn't eat it. It made her bloat.

My family has a history of high blood pressure because we're all high strung, high stress people... so we always have to watch our sodium intake.

@DragonDog - I'm sorry to hear you're in pain from that! >_< It seems the older you get, the worse certain foods effect you. My digestive system just doesn't work like it used to anymore. It regulated after I started the protein smoothie diet, so I think I wasn't getting enough nutrients or something. But I eat a lot of bananas and drink tea with probiotics, and that helped a lot.

I haven't been around much because I had some real life issues, but I'm working through it. I'll probably be a little MIA every now and again, but I'm trying to post a bit more.

I've lived overseas for a while. Grated cheese was one thing that I never saw in any store. It was always fresh cheese. I did not even see pre-packaged cheese in the stores.

"He always used to say, 'There are no great things to be accomplished in? this life, just small things done with great love.'" Rachel, remembering Father Jim

"Primitive working conditions. Lowsy hours. Monster workload. No pay. What a deal!"-MacGyver Slow Death about the clinic for Hassan's people.

"...but our lives aren't just measured in years. They're measured in the lives of people we touch around us." Peeta Mellark in Catching Fire.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 16 May 2019 - 08:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

So I ran today on less than 5 hours of sleep... So I was in a bookstore, and while leaving after checking out, some lady was standing near the cafe area with samples of cold frappe shots. My mom declined, but on 5 hours of sleep, I was desperate, so I took one.

My mom: blink.gif "I didn't know you drank coffee..."

Me: "I do today"

It helped, but all the sweetness that made it a frappe made me nauseated too dry.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 May 2019 - 02:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Also one of my quirks, I guess. I never drink coffee, unless offered.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (21) « First ... 19 20 [21]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll