Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

-

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Berni
Posted: 28 October 2007 - 10:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:can't decide
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat

The sign at the Austrian border says " ... GEPACK UND DOCUMENTEN WERDEN CONTROLLIERT". Normally, we can speak and spell German even in the far north of the country. It is " ... GEPAECK UND DOKUMENTE WERDEN KONTROLLIERT". I think this shows that the scene was shot in an English-speaking country, because they don't have our Ä letter (A with 2 dots on top), and that the producers didn't take foreign locations and languages too seriously.

I always get confused by the language and accent of the car driver who takes Mac and the girl past the border. At first I had the impression, that he had a Viennese (German) accent. Then he spoke Chech or Slovakian well, but later on he talked German again. hmm.bmp

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Posted: 21 April 2009 - 02:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned: less tools

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:hmm...?
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Second Loft

Berni, maybe it was done by some ex-german-speaker living in USA (or an offspring)?
As to the "gepack", maybe they wrote it this way, just without umlaut-dots, like for example El Nino instead of El Niño.

As I am Polish i was listening to the Czech language (it's different but similiar, like, i don't know, German to Dutch). The writings seemed ok, but the hospital was a little too nice and well equipped as for the one in comunism block country. And this small Citroen car of theirs was a little fake, coz in these days, there were very few western (French) cars on our roads, even old.

For my "nit pick" candidate i would propose the scene near the ending, in the zoo, where Mac jumps on the bad guy from the little bridge. I mean the "floorer" hit - it was obviously dummy, by the face of this Zorkin.

Greetz :]

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jennkurz
Posted: 23 February 2011 - 10:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:passages/ outsiders/ ma dalton
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

when mac puts the serving dish with the smoke bomb on the tray there is only one other serving tray however when the orderly comes out and moves the cart there are suddenly 2 other serving dishes on the cart.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jennkurz
Posted: 23 February 2011 - 10:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: tinker

Favorites
Episode:passages/ outsiders/ ma dalton
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

when the 2 kgb agents arrive during the alarm the nurse realizes she doesnt have her keys they go running into the hall full of smoke where we just saw mag find dubcheck in the 3rd door. after a cut to mac in the room with dubcheck we see the kgb agents run around a corner that is back by the nurses staion with clean air. i think this scene should have preceded the one with the nurse and probably got swapped during editing.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Posted: 24 October 2011 - 08:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Is it just me or is the black GRU car an old NYC checker taxi?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 31 March 2013 - 11:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Five hundred thousand dollars was the paycheck for this assignment. Diana said they would split it fifty-fifty which means 250.000 dollars for the both of them. Though Mac said he didn't had any interest in the money. At the end of the episode Diana looks at her share of the money. She said it was over 200.000 dollars. So I think we can assume it was the 250.000 dollars she was supposed to get. When Dubcek comes in he said someone donated 200.000 dollars for his cause. But unless I miss my guess the half of half a million dollars is a quarter of a million dollars. So... did Mac keep 50.000 dollars for himself or not? He did say something about any thing extra is extra. And he did say he was going to buy a new roll of ductape. Must be a very expensive roll than.

Oh and when Viera betrays Dubcek, Dubceks says MacGyver, Pete and Diana where there too, except he mispronounces Diana's name and says: Diane.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 1 April 2013 - 02:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Jacket:  Brown bomber

MacGyver probably wanted to give some of the money to other charities he supports, like the challengers club for example.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 1 April 2013 - 11:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Good point.

Also what I forgot to post last time: Why would Diana actually bother to come back to the United States if she took the pictures of Dubcek being arrested? She makes the pictures, send them to Phoenix, travel all the way back to America to just meet MacGyver and take the next plane back to Chzechoslovakia? Don't you think she would be very jetlagged? Why couldn't Mac just meet her there?

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll