Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: . . . Holy Rose
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I completely agree with you KiwiTek. Shows move so fast now partly due to the fact they run in fewer minutes than older shows did, so they have to get more story into less time. A show like MacGyver wouldn't make it today, simply because of there wouldn't be enough time to tell the story and show him creating his MacGyverisms. huh.gif

"Jeep. My Jeep? What are you talking about? Penny! My Jeep?" - MacGyver

"Look at me. I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up. I need a month's worth of sleep . . . and I need a haircut!" - MacGyver

"It's been said, 'The best gift a man could ever give another, was his life', Jack Dalton was never one to settle for less than the best. Thank you Jack." - MacGyver

"Reboots are born out of the lack of imagination." M. Lance Frank

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Matrix
Posted: 3 July 2013 - 07:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Passages

When I started watch MacGyver in 2008 I got my dad back into the show (It was on back when he was about my age, but never really watched it that often) and I got my mom to watch it and she really enjoys it.

"Great thing about a map, it can get you in and out of places a lot of different ways." - MacGyver (The Gauntlet)

"When James Bond gets an assignment, it's on the Riviera. Me, I end up eighty miles past nowhere." - MacGyver (The Human Factor)

"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
GO BUNNY!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Maclover
Posted: 13 October 2015 - 04:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: 5 x lge & small

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker

IMO the humble paperclip is unsurpassed for pressing the recessed re-set button hidden deep in the casing on a good number of computerised gadgets. In particular my old TomTom unit - my new one doesn't have one, but my old one used to get a bit cranky long before it gave up the ghost. I always had a paperclip in the car and in its case - straightened out they are about the only thing that would reliably punch the reset button inside the tiny hole in the casing.

I am also another one keen on them for replacement zipper pulls - they will keep an old bag going for ages. They will also do the same job as a safety pin in carrying something like elastic or a tie cord through a hollow seam such as when you pull the cord out of a coat hood and need to do the push and shove it routine to get the cord back in place. A safety pin is slightly easier to use - less catchy bits on it, but a paperclip will serve with the cord tied on the end.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 13 October 2015 - 11:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Twice Stung

Maclover, you are spot on! There's nothing better to do that than the trusty paperclip. I've used mine as temporary pins to secure carburetor linkage in a pinch. clip.JPG

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll