Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: -

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Trail To Doomsday
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Michael Des Barres talks a bit about MacGyver in a new 3-part interview on arts and culture blog michaelcavacini.com:

The way I discovered you was through MacGyver. When you were on the screen you brought gravitas to the scenes.

I’m so glad you said that, and I’m so happy when someone says, “Hey, Murdoc!”. It happens every day. I’m in Trader Joe’s with my girlfriend and there’s a guy shaking with item in his hand and I said, “What’s going on? Are you OK?”. And he said, “You’re Murdoc!”. I said to myself, oh god, that’s so great, and I gave him a hug and an autograph – signed the Trader Joe’s bag and moved on. I loved that character, it was great. And people still dig it to this day. How fabulous is that?

Were you able to make it your own, or was the role of Murdoc already defined for you?

Oh, f**k no! What happened was I just came off The Power Station tour, and I remember I had this big vintage white Rolls Royce and drove onto the set at Paramount for the audition to play Murdoc, a killer in one episode. And the producers were all smoking outside the MacGyver offices and I pull up in my Rolls Royce. I, to this day, know that I got that job because of that entrance. (laughs) They saw me getting out of a white Rolls, all dressed in black and said, “There’s our guy!”. And I did it for the next few years, as you know.

Did you have a good working relationship with Richard Dean Anderson?

Oh, I loved him! Sweet, soulful, generous dude. And it was a hard job – being in a TV series. Wow! Hard work. 16 or 17-hour days, especially if you’re the star. You have to know about pacing, and he did. He paced himself well for such a physical role, and he did a fantastic job. And it was a huge show for many years. It wasn’t an under-the-radar show. It wasn’t a pop culture Twin Peaks, water cooler show. But it had a steadfast audience and I was very grateful for the opportunity. 

Links to full interview:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Daisy8577
Posted: 12 June 2013 - 07:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Camper, Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Great interview! It is awesome he is so passionate about his music. It's nice to know he does it because he enjoys it and not because he he is forced to do it.

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
Posted: 12 June 2013 - 04:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I'm glad you guys liked my interview with Michael Des Barres. I first wrote about him last year. The post was about Murdoc being one of TV's greatest villains. And what blew my mind was Michael commented on the post and shared it with his social media followers. At first I thought it was someone posing as him, but it was the real deal smile.gif Having grown up watching MacGyver, it was a huge honor to receive his praise and make his acquaintance.

Since then, I've seen Michael sing live and he's awesome. If you like classic rock, make sure to check out his Carnaby Street album. It's great.

Here's a link the Murdoc post I mentioned: http://michaelcavacini.com/2012/08/05/murd...atest-villains/.

-Michael

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MDBfan
Posted: 13 June 2013 - 09:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Strictly Business
Jacket:  ---

I've already read the interview and it was very interesting. I'm a Twitter lurker. blush.gif

Carnaby Street is great! I wish MDB would come to Europe!

I liked California Solo as well. smile.gif

"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

PM                                                                     
AussieMacFan
Posted: 13 June 2013 - 01:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Jacket:  Black leather

I love Carnaby Street! I think I am turning into another MDB fangirl! happy_dance.gif

"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MDBfan
Posted: 15 June 2013 - 09:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Strictly Business
Jacket:  ---

That's great Aussie! smile.gif

"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

PM                                                                     
AussieMacFan
Posted: 15 June 2013 - 04:45 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Jacket:  Black leather

It is, it is!! laugh.gif

"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll