Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

Hi everyone, Usually I like to stay on the subject of MacGyver as much as possible, but I admit I don't have the brain functioning right now. I have caught a bad cold. Does anyone else feel really yucky (substitute any other synonym here)? Does anyone have a home remedy that works? I am on Benadryl and VICKS and hot tea. (I plan to curl with MacGyver and my kids and chill.) To make matter worse, I was at my mom's and she is is sick, so is my husband and my 1 year old felt bad on Saturday. Then I got home yesterday and a friend called with really bad news. I need to get well and take a vacation.

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 7 October 2008 - 01:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Well nope. During the summer I had a sore throat for about two weeks. Didn't bother to go and see the doc though. I figured a couple of days and than it would be over. Not. Stick with the Vicks (that's what I needed than) and the tea and Mac. Hope you feel better soon.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
dragonfly
Posted: 7 October 2008 - 03:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:love 'em all
Vehicle: Motorcycle

i have been sick for a while now. I have been coughing my lungs out for few days and before that i tried to sneeze my brains out yucky.gif i have noticed that peppermint honey tee is really good when you have a cold. hope that you will feel better soon.

Friendship is something i don't take lightly- it's too hard to come by (MacGyver in Ugly duckling)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 8 October 2008 - 02:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I think I better take back what I said, because it has gotten to me too. Been broiling in my bed last night from the fever. I think I have to call off a few things.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Kyrian
Posted: 8 October 2008 - 03:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Officer Suisse

Favorites
Episode:All
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Sorry to hear you all are sick. (I have some experience with Bronchitis here and most of this applies to colds and flu too)

Hot tea is always good.

If you can get it, a product called Mucinex (the generic brand works just as well) works realy well for the congestion and helps you cough up the "yuck".
But get the one that is also a cough supressent or you will be coughing your head off. The cough supressent Mucinex keeps you from coughing so much, but when you do, it realy helps bring that "stuff" up out of your lungs.

The active ingredient in Mucinex is Guaifenesin 400 mg. an expectorant, and Phenylephrine HCL 10 mg. which is a nasal decongestant. So if you cant get Mucinex where you live, there may be something similar where you are.

A vaporiser is good too. It puts moisture in the air, so you dont dry out and may help to make it easier to breathe.

If you are realy congested, try sleeping in a recliner chair or prop up on pillows. Its easier to cough stuff up if you arent lying flat.

Dont forget to stay warm and drink plenty of fluids, juices etc. Get as much rest as you can.

Hope you all are feeling better soon. :hug:

**Growing OLD is mandatory. Growing UP is optional.**

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 8 October 2008 - 01:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Well after a nose spray, aspirin and cough syrup, I'll pay a visit to my bed to continue broiling with fever in the deepest darkest corner of it far, far away from the world. Though Natalia may always join me to help me break my fever. biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 8 October 2008 - 07:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages

One thing I've learned is that you should never tell someone that you can't remember the last time you got sick. The last time I said that, I got a cold and a migraine. Let's just say that when it comes to my health, I choose my words carefully and knock on wood. wink.gif Get well, everybody! smile.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 October 2008 - 06:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

It didn't pay off. Been suffering for the past three days. Fever comes and goes, at least got somewhat of my appetite back.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
ScreamingBansheila
Posted: 11 October 2008 - 05:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Sadly, none :-(

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:All of 'em!

I really sympathize with you all right now sad.gif . I was sick last month with this horrible virus that was going around my town. Ugh, it was nasty. Started with a sore throat for about a week, went to a clogged head for another week, before finally settling into my chest. I was coughing for two weeks straight!

Even my tried and true method of dosing myself up with Alka-Seltzer and allergy medicine didn't work.

I hope everyone who is sick gets well soon and that your particular illnesses aren't as stubborn as the one that held me hostage for a month. Get well soon!

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" - Steven Wright.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted: 11 October 2008 - 08:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

I am doing much better. Still taking Benadryl as needed but walking every day for about a mile or two and still doing all my housework and taking care of my kids. And I may be starting to care for another woman's two kids in my home--I meet the family on Monday. I am happy about this and as an incentive a friend of mine recommended me to this family and it's great pay for being an unlicensed babysitter. My son is doing well with developmental therapy and is now walking so I feel that this is something that I want to do. But I have to stay well.

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 October 2008 - 02:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Fever's gone now apparently and I'm not flat out in the couch anymore but the cough is still terrible, my nose still runs, short of breath and forcing myself to eat. I can eat tiny bits but it's not with complete appetite. That worries me a little though.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 11 October 2008 - 02:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Lose of appetite means your bodies busy trying to heal itself.

Food drinks (or meal replacement drinks used in some dieting plans) are pretty useful in times like that because they provide fully balanced nutrition in a way which is easy for your body to absorb.

With the highly balanced nutrition you might find your body is able to sort itself out quicker too.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 12 October 2008 - 12:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Might be right, the coughing seemed to have healed during the night. Getting better everyday.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 22 October 2008 - 09:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity

I'm the last one that should be playing doctor right now, as I am recuperating from knee reconstruction surgery, but I do have a home remedy that has worked int he past for me.

Mind you, this is a deperate times desperate measure cure and you have to be at least 21 (in the USA).

Frozen Vodka shots. Take one bottle of Vodka, put it in the freezer until well chilled. Pour a shot. Drink it. Pour another. Drink it. Stand up. Can you feel your feet on the floor? If yes, pour a third shot and drink it. If no, put the vodka back in the freezer. Put the shot glass in the sink. Put yourself in bed. Sleep as long as possible.

I've done this a couple of times when nothing else works, including modern medical technology nad chicken soup. Nope, never caused me a hangover either. My personal theory, the alcohol in the vodka kills the wee beasties making me sick. Freezing the vodka makes it instantly numbing to painfully sore throats. And if it doesn't cure you, well at least you don't care for a few hours.

Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted: 6 November 2008 - 10:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Yeah, well it's official. After suffering for over a month with a cold, and just thinking it would go away, I finally broke down, because the symptoms left and came back. I went to the doctor's office this morning and I have a sinus infection and an ear infection. My husband has gone tot he pharmacy to get my antibiotic. mad.gif blink.gif

yucky.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 6 November 2008 - 12:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Well, I feel better since the last two or three weeks. My appetite is fully back and I'm fully operational myself. Feeling healthy as a fish. smile.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll